• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating The Best Team - Possible? Let's Find Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
that only works in GSC

@ Brutus, my netbattle is outofdashdwz and Im on from time to time =)

@ Tmnt, boah lols at many teams T_T. And yea, Crunch 2HKOs claydol, so I can get in at least 1 EQ before trio finishes. I dont mind sacrificing it after it does its job. I used to put arm thrust on hariyama just to **** boah. lol.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Talon said:
There is a way to increase thier stats by a little even at lv 100.Try using a move with the lowest pp power and make it hit zero.Then put your pokemon in the pc.Walk out of the center and walk back in.Take your pokemon out and look at it's stats.It should increase a little.It's what I do.I've been using it for years.Thought I'd let someone else find out and use it to thier advantage.^_^
Ha, why do you think my Mewtwo has about 475 Special Attack(No gameshark)? Actually I just beat the Elite Four in Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2 and my stats go up. HP goes up too.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Like I said, in GSC, EV gains corrolate directly to stat growth, you dont have to gain a level. And in GSC, one could max out EVs in all stats. They fixed this in the advanced generation.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Not really.I decided to test that theory on my saphire and it still works.I used my Rayquaza as a test and it's stats increased by seven.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Bleh. I thought they fixed it. lol. never mind then. By the way, the reason your stats increase is that you havent maxed out EVs on your rayquaza yet and you killed some stuff. You don't need to get a move's PP to 0... Assuming you haven't maxed HP EVs, go kill 4 whismurs, put your rayquaza in the box and withdraw it. It's HP should have increased by 1.

Also, replaced Claydol with
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
Water Absorb, 76 HP/252 Def/182 Sp Def
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf
- Wish

Protect + Wish = Recover, and Protect extends Toxic damage. Wish supports anything that can't heal itself, mainly aimed at my Dugtrio. I thought about Ice Beam over Toxic, but I really don't think I need a specialized salamence counter on a team with skarm.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Dude,my best friend knows how to increase his pokemon's stats by the hundreds.The selfish punk won't tell me how otherwise I'd be telling you all.I'm gonna make him crack somehow.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Dude, like, the stats of Pokemon can't go higher then their Base stats + full EV's + full IV's + Nature and that is only one stat (and one other stat full without the supportive nature). Good luck with that... ;o

*sigh* I should play Pokemon again, it's been a while. This thread gives me the chills inside. XD

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
A special sweeper EV spread with a quirky nature will result in a lvl 71 Raichu with:
188 HP/154 Atk/105 Def/213 Spd/199 Sp Atk/140 Sp Def
While a Modest Raichu will result in 218 Sp Atk and a Timid one 234 Spd. Atk will be lowered to 138 either case. Focus Punching ones might try a -Def/-Sp Def nature instead

Dragonites are so variable, I don't know what EV spread to base it on =/ You might want to give me a build...? As in Dragon Dance, Choice Band, Special Sweeper, Boltbeamsubpunch(it works. lol), etc.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, but I've been thinking about creating a good BP team. Ninjask to start, then a switch to Mr. Mime (if the foe uses Roar or Whirlwind), then following up with a switch to Umbreon (with a probable Mean Look to trap the opponent), then to Vaporeon (for Acid Armor), and then to one final Pokemon with all the gained stats.

D

Deleted member

I just got fire red, and this is what I plan to use:

---------------------
Umbreon, Bold/Syncronize
@ Leftovers
Mean Look (Umbreon, lv 42)
Taunt (TM 12)
Baton Pass (Eevee, lv 36)
Wish (Breed)
52 SPD
224 SPE DEF
232 HP
2 extra

---------------------
Cloyster, Mild/Shell Armor
@ Lum Berry
Rapid Spin (Breed)
Spikes (Cloyster, lv 36)
Ice Beam (TM 13)
Explosion (Tutor)
252 HP
252 SPD
4 ATT
2 extra

---------------------
Rhydon, Adamant/Rock Head
@ Quick Claw
Megahorn (Rhydon, lv 66)
Earthquake (Rhydon, lv 58)
Rock Slide (Breed)
Substitute (Tutor)
220 HP
252 ATT
36 DEF
2 extra

---------------------
Magneton, Modest/Magnet Pull
@ Petaya Berry
Thunderbolt (TM 24)
Thunder Wave (Magnemite, lv 21)
Hidden Power Fire/Grass/Ice 70 (TM 10)
Metal Sound (Auto)
200 SPD
252 SPE DEF
56 SPE ATT
2 extra

---------------------
Celebi, Timid/Natural Cure
@ Leftovers
Psychic (TM 29)
Perish Song (Celebi, lv 50)
Heal Bell (Auto)
Recover (Auto)
252 SPD
128 DEF
128 SPE DEF
2 extra

---------------------
Gengar, Serious/Levitate
@ Lum Berry
Giga Drain (TM 19)
Fire Punch (Tutor)
Focus Punch (TM 01)
Sludge Bomb (TM 36)
172 SPD
172 SPE ATT
164 ATT
2 extra

critiques?

Anthonygt08

Smash Apprentice
Ho-oh, jolly
@ Scope lens
hp 363
att 318
def 239
sp att 230
sp def 240
spd 235

Fire blast
Sacred fire
Sky Attack
EQ

att 308
def 169
sp att 150
sp def 214
spd 185

Hydro pump
Ice Beam
EQ
Hyper Beam
Att 200
Def 430
Sp. att 140
Sp. def 168
spd 66

Crunch
Rock slide
EQ
Hyper Beam
Att 300
Def 190
Sp. att 250
sp. def 176
spd 221

Fly
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw
EQ
Att 351
Def 213
Sp. att 334
sp. def 204
spd 220

Fly
Outrage
Ancient Power
EQ
att 319
def 277
sp att 233
sp def 219
spd 189

Meteror Mash
Psychic
EQ
Hyper Beam

Lucario

Smash Rookie
My team (that I used in Sapphire):
Blaziken
Flamethrower
Strength
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut

Gardevoir
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Teleport

Sharpedo
Crunch
Surf
Ice Beam
Strength

Manectric
Thunderbolt
Bite
Thunder
Quick Attack

Kyogre
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunder
Earthquake

Latias
Fly
Dragon Claw
Psychic
Recover

Personally, I've come up with alot of teams, but this one suited my tastes for Saphire quite well

Mr.Sparkle

Smash Rookie
leviathan_ said:
I don't know, but I've been thinking about creating a good BP team. Ninjask to start, then a switch to Mr. Mime (if the foe uses Roar or Whirlwind), then following up with a switch to Umbreon (with a probable Mean Look to trap the opponent), then to Vaporeon (for Acid Armor), and then to one final Pokemon with all the gained stats.
That strat cant do much espically looking at a CBer Salamence, Zados or Cursepert starter.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
That strat cant do much espically looking at a CBer Salamence, Zados or Cursepert starter.
Oh, really? Let's break this up:

vs. CBmence

Ninjask will sub twice to gain two speed levels. He'll baton pass to Umbreon, our physical tanker. Umbreon will Mean Look the CBmence, or another Pokemon if the foe decides to switch. Umbreon will Charm the trapped Pokemon until it's attack is nothing. If the opposing Pokemon happens to be a special sweeper, BP to Mr. Mime for the Calm Mind. Baton Pass to Vaporeon and Acid Armor Up. Baton Pass to Mr. Mime and Calm Mind up. Sweepage Mr. Mime.

Zapdos

Sub twice, Protect, and BP to Umbreon. Umbreon will take in the sub. BP to Cradily for Amnesia. BP to Jaskwak for the kill.

Cursepert

Once again, Sub twice, protect, and BP -- to Umbreon. Mean Look and pass to Jolteon with HP grass.

Samochan

Smash Master
leviathan_ said:
Oh, really? Let's break this up:

vs. CBmence

Ninjask will sub twice to gain two speed levels. He'll baton pass to Umbreon, our physical tanker. Umbreon will Mean Look the CBmence, or another Pokemon if the foe decides to switch. Umbreon will Charm the trapped Pokemon until it's attack is nothing. If the opposing Pokemon happens to be a special sweeper, BP to Mr. Mime for the Calm Mind. Baton Pass to Vaporeon and Acid Armor Up. Baton Pass to Mr. Mime and Calm Mind up. Sweepage Mr. Mime.

Zapdos

Sub twice, Protect, and BP to Umbreon. Umbreon will take in the sub. BP to Cradily for Amnesia. BP to Jaskwak for the kill.

Cursepert

Once again, Sub twice, protect, and BP -- to Umbreon. Mean Look and pass to Jolteon with HP grass.
Really, BP chain teams don't work. It's not even worth trying, unless it's UU or NU where p/hazers are rarer than in OU play. If you opponent is not really dum, he or she will switch into p/hazer. Ninjask can't do **** to whirlwinding skarmory, neither can cradily. Many Zapdoses carry substitute or even roar, but with either HP:grass or Ice, marowak is screwed over. Cradily can't kill zapdos to save his life, especially when zappy has sub and has already leftovered back to full health before cradily even gets into play. I've personally tried many baton passing variations and none of them work. It doesn't work, trust me. I haven't played NB for about two years for nothing. :/ Even Hariyama can screw over any of baton passing sets easily.

alamaster

Smash Journeyman
They can work, and they do work very well in the right hands. Most phazers cant beat it either because most people bp right away to smeargle so it can ingrain. I have been on netbattle for 2 and a half years, so trust me. You obviously havent played someone who knew what they were doing. Most people don't use marowak, they use mence, zapdos or metagross for their bp chain. Play against Veteran In Love or Black Leather Jacket's baton pass teams and you will see what I mean.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
In all mathematical terms, I think there is an "ultimate team." This definition is a team that has 0 weaks, but even then, it has it's flaws. A team of 6 Wobbuffets has technically no weaks, yet it can be stopped cold by a lot. Specifically Hera.

alamaster

Smash Journeyman
No, there is no "ultimate team" because no matter what team you have there will always be a counter. No team can counter everything, otherwise we would all of the exact same team. Balance is the key to pokemon.

alamaster

Smash Journeyman
yes but they do

6 wobbuffets will always be countered by a stat upper, such as swords dance cross, or dd mence.

Jolteon

Ok, please read my post again. I said mathematically.

You cannot argue that 0+0+0+0+0+0 does not equal 0. :/

alamaster

Smash Journeyman
I did read it. But saying a team has no weaks mathematically doesn't matter because when you battle for real there will always be a weakness. Nobody makes a team that "technically" has no weakness, they try to make a team that can beat a lot of different pokemon.

Jolteon

I know, hence why I put the shifty eyes at the end. :x

It wasn't a serious post.

alamaster

Smash Journeyman
....w/e

Here is my current team:

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 172 HP / 152 Atk / 44 SAtk / 140 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Focus Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 16 Spd / 16 SAtk / 40 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Fire Punch
- Psychic
- Wish

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 56 SAtk / 156 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 188 Def / 20 Spd / 60 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 192 Def / 32 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rest
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is the team I have, and it's done me very good.

I. Gardevoir LV100F
Held Item: Salac Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Attacks:
1. Calm Mind
2. Magical Leaf
3. Psychic
4. Thunderbolt
Nature: Timid
HP: 278
Attack: 149
Defense: 166
Speed: 284
Sp. Attack: 349
Sp. Defense: 266
Use: Anti-Swampert w/Magical Leaf, Utilizes weaknesses for a wide range of metagame, including Skarmory and Heracross.
Variation: Magical Leaf is sometimes replaced by Ice Punch, although this hasn't been the case in resent days.

Stay tuned for the next five Pokémon!

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Ok lol reading these post's I feel so noob here. I was wondering if anyone could help me with Rayquaza. Is he a very strong pokemon compared to others maxed out and In your opinion whats the best set of moves he could have? Thank you.

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
New update! Second team member.

II. Sableye LV100M
Held Item: Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Attacks:
1. Confuse Ray
2. Knock Off
3. Night Shade
4. Toxic
Nature: Timid
HP: 242
Attack: 224
Defense: 186
Speed: 149
Sp. Attack: 229
Sp. Defense: 166
Use: Full blown annoyer, with obvious uses.
Variation: None

Oh, and Sebastian? Don't even try using Gayquaza, it's nicknamed that for a reason.

Sebastian

Smash Journeyman
Why whats wrong with him? His stats are much higher then your Sableye and his only at level 80.

Lv 80
Held Item: I forgot lol
Ability:Negates thoes weather effects
Nature: Gentle..aww how cute
Attacks
1.Rest
2.Thunder
3.Ice beam
4.Outrage (which I am changing to a confuse or paralize attack asap)

Where can I get the item leftovers from in Sapphire?

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
Uh...we're not talking about in the game, we're talking NetBattle. Besides, all of my other Pokémon could just tear that thing apart, your moveset sucks so much...
Anyway, I don't feel like posting the third member this time around, but I'll get to that...later.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Its beena long time since I played pokemon but last time I seriously played I had a good team. The levels, stats are forgotten but I'll put down the moves.
I'll write it down from memory (its a bit hazy) but I'd like to hear what you guys think!

Groudon (sweeper)
Earthquake
Bulk Up
Sandstorm
Slash

Flygon (sweeper / annoyer)
Sandstorm
Screech
Dragonbreath
Fly

Sceptile
Held item:
Leaf blade
Screech
Detect
Absorb

Gardevoir (staller / sweeper)
Double team
Calm mind
Psychic
Future sight

Aggron (Sweeper)
Held item: Leftovers
Metal claw
Mud slap
Iron Defence
Take Down

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
So, we have a Gardevoir user, too.
As for the rest of my team, I don't really feel like posting the rest of it here, so if you really want to know, go take a look on NetBattle for yourself, I'll still be under the name Kochiha (or Kochiha(Gardevoir) from time to time).

Kochiha

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yes it does depend on that. But if we're looking at the absolute best team, wouldn't that imply that it does best in both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom