• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating The Best Team - Possible? Let's Find Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
Kokichi said:
Why, is he any good? :confused:

*logs onto NetBattle*
Noobster is a mod on smogen and a great battler although he he see's this if he still comes here. I'll juts haev to saay that i''m better thna him. ( for anyone that knows me on tehre knwos i have terrible grammar)

alamaster

Smash Journeyman
You aren't better than Noobster....although you might be better than me, I havent battled you in a while...

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
yeah me neither but me and noobster go toe to toe with eachother but our wins agaisnt heacother are like 60:40 him

Flyingmonkey

Smash Cadet
Skarmbliss+rapid spinner(Claydol is good)+dusclops(counters rapid spin)+2 sweepers of choice=win

(Unless you suck, or you get unlucky)

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
way to copy chaos team which isn't perfect as it gets it in the *** by boah or any other mixed poke. and also loses to other spiekr based stall teams

MeThOd

Smash Rookie
tmnt you cannot say you are better than me because you aren't and never were. you cannot compare yourself to me when you have been a clan noob in "blaze" for too long, and you havent even been playing NB 1/2 as long as I have

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Stop acting like children and fight each other if you want to prove yourself so much. It's a game, don't get too caught up in bragging.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
MeThOd said:
tmnt you cannot say you are better than me because you aren't and never were. you cannot compare yourself to me when you have been a clan noob in "blaze" for too long, and you havent even been playing NB 1/2 as long as I have

.... i was never in blaze and method every time i face you i win i was in one clan for like a week but i still talked to people formthe clan. it doesn't matter if i have been playing 1/2 as long as you i'm higher in skill. just deal with it...i

pezaddict

Smash Lord
Marc said:
Stop acting like children and fight each other if you want to prove yourself so much. It's a game, don't get too caught up in bragging.
Thank you.

alamaster

Smash Journeyman
Tmnt1837 said:
yeah me neither but me and noobster go toe to toe with eachother but our wins agaisnt heacother are like 60:40 him
then how are you better than him =/

and you and method are the same in terms of battling, so lets just leave it at that....

D

Deleted member

netbattle is gay. experience on netbattle doesn't make you superior to anyone else anyway.

4 years ago I would have mopped everyone in netbattle on the floor in a real link battle.

If pokemon gold/silver were still in, I probably still would.

give blastoise mirror coat. it may have high special defense to negate heavy attacks, but it will eliminate his 2 weaknesses, blackmailing your opponent into using only physical attacks. This just may set you up for a nice defensive state, allowing blastoise stay on the field for quite some time. Then, you could eliminate the unecessary 2nd water move and give it something a bit more frightful to deal with, or something to further enhance his field management, like rapid spin. not that I know anything.

zapdos is fine, try miracle berry instead of leftovers. light screen is an excellent choice, and it knocks zapdos' worst enemy down to ground, the way it's supposed to be for electric.

hyrulianking

Smash Rookie
Here is my ultimate team:

Blaziken: Flamethrower, Blazekick, Ariel Ace, Sky Upercut
Swampert: Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Waterfall
Sceptile: Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
Zangoose: Swords Dance, Slash, Crush Claw, Thunderbolt
Metagross: Pyschic, Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash, Hyper Beam
Flygon: Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath, Fly, Flamethrower

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
thats a terrible team. and alot of people still go gsc there are alot of gsc tournements all the time and mirror coat won't work on hp grass from other electrics like jolt and then blastioise would only because taking out a poke for a poke and zappys stadnard gsc set is tbolt drill peck rest sleep talk

D

Deleted member

where are the gsc tournaments? if it's netbattle I don't care.

link battles > netbattle

D

Deleted member

I haven't even seen natbattle in like 2-3 years. maybe cause my last match was about 900 turns and took 14 hours. yes, I'm pretty sure that's it.

Besides, everyone can get max stat whatever or hidden power whatever, which makes me hundreds of hours look pointless. and it may be, but it still bothers me immensely. I spent 2 solid days paused in front of mewtwo in red version with a calculator trying to get a max stat mewtwo. HP ice zappy took me 4 days and I had to use the multiple items glitch 3 full times on the master ball and max repels. breeding a rhydon with HP bug was just ugly. same with breeding a HP fire growth vaporeon. and people wonder why I'm bitter about netbattle.....

Aura

Smash Rookie
I never netbattle. Just get friends together or anyone else I can find and hold big tourneys with Pokemon Stadium 2. Get our GSC teams saved on the game and let the battles begin!

Good fun.

Anyway, my GSC team.

All of the following pokemon have leftovers except for Polywrath which uses Focus Band.

<<Currently Deciding a 1st Pokemon>>
Polywrath: Fissure, Mind Reader, Swift, <<Forgot 4th Skill>>
Mewtwo: Swift<<Going to replace Swift with Swordsdance>>, Psychic, Barrier, Recover
Mew: Fissure, Horn Drill, Softboiled, Double Team
Kangaskahn: Fissure, Horn Drill, Softboiled, Double Team

Hunting: Celebi <<For 6th Pokemon>>

Thats my team. They are all lvl 100 and I do have replacements at the moment for 1st and 6th which are Ho-oh and Lugia. My team is 100% legit (hope you like my Kangaskahn *^_^*) and I am hunting for a legit Celebi. There is one way I have heard of that may in fact be legit. I haven't mentioned it here because I am yet unsure. If I can't find it, I guess I will settle for another Pokemon.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
There is a website I go to called http://www.pokemoncrater.com/ .It's preey okay.You battle people all over the countries.They even have some pokemon tour tounament in different states and stuff.I'll find out more and let you all know.^_^

Aura

Smash Rookie
Sounds interesting I think I will look in to it too. Thanks! ^_^

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Talon said:
There is a website I go to called http://www.pokemoncrater.com/ .It's preey okay.You battle people all over the countries.They even have some pokemon tour tounament in different states and stuff.I'll find out more and let you all know.^_^
Yeah I just registered there and boy it was fun! I'll go back there later my name username for pokemoncrater is FireKP1

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Awesome.Hope you guys enjoy.They also have a new program v.5.It allows you to battle live and trade pokemon.By the way.A little tip I found out.In order to catch rare and legendary pokemon,you must defeat one of the elite four.I'm raising my pokemon to retrieve them.My name's Reoma.Talk to me anytime.Maybe even form a little team.Seey ya.I'll keep ya updated.^_^

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Bah, here's my 6 pokemons that i always use in blue version.
Nidoking :
Surf
Earthquake
Hyperbeam
Fire Blast

Mewtwo :
Phsycic
Thunder
Flash(by mistake>_<)
Strength

Zapdos :
Drill Peck
Thunder
Sky Attack
Fly

Articuno :
Ice Beam
Sky Attack
Fly
Blizzard

Dragonite :
Body Slam
Surf
Hyperbeam
Thunder

Moltres
Fireblast
Flamethrower
Sky Attack
Fly

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Mine on blue.

Jolteon:
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Hyperbeam
Quickattack

Dragonite:
Hyperbeam
Thunderwave
Fireblast
Horndrill

Mew:shiny blue
Psychic
Thunderwave
Earthquake
Seismic Toss

Mewtwo:color normal,but yellow eyes
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Fireblast
Recover

Blastoise:
Hydropump
Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Blizzard

Charizard:
Flamethrower
Fly
Earthquake
Hyperbeam

Brutus

Smash Rookie
I haven't found a serious weakness for this team;

Salamence (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 120 Atk / 4 Spd / 40 SAtk / 140 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Focus Punch

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Rock Slide

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 172 HP / 148 Def / 132 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Recover

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 192 Atk / 112 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 212 HP / 240 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I find your team too tankish. 1 sweeper really isn't enough. Take out one of your special tanks (Snorlax/Milotic/Celery) for a special sweeper?

Brutus

Smash Rookie
Actually, you wouldn't think of this but, Celebi is how I win games. The uber defensive spread lets it take a salamence HP fly if it absolutely needs to, and it's strong enough to be able to 2hko a blissey after 6 cms. It beats curselax one on one, and ohkos a heracross on the switch.

milo is really only there to be the metagross protection. milo is never really a special tank... it can't do **** back to ice or water types.

snorlax is my actual special wall :p

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Brutus said:
Actually, you wouldn't think of this but, Celebi is how I win games. The uber defensive spread lets it take a salamence HP fly if it absolutely needs to, and it's strong enough to be able to 2hko a blissey after 6 cms. It beats curselax one on one, and ohkos a heracross on the switch.

milo is really only there to be the metagross protection. milo is never really a special tank... it can't do **** back to ice or water types.

snorlax is my actual special wall :p
Um..I noticed your pokemon's stats aren't really...fully upgraded it seems. My Nidoking without cheating has everything about 220+.

Brutus

Smash Rookie
I don't really get how that's a weakness... could you point out a specific poke, and that pokes specific stat?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Umm XZero BeatX, that's an EV spread. Not the actual stats.

And Brutus, I know Shiftry and Cacturne are both UU, but they completely wall your Celery =/

Also, I have used CBmence and liked it, but I myself prefer DDmence due to the fact it switches on Megahorn and Focus Punch easily and shrugs it off with Lefties. CBmence gives you less survivability, but is still very nice. You might wanna make it a mixmence? Cuz I still don't like your lack of special offense once Celery is gone. T_T

Special Sweepers ftw!

Brutus

Smash Rookie
I never see shiftry or cacturne :p

heracross is indeed a problem, but celebi, milo, and mence normally take care of him before he starts to hurt me

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Ah well, other than that, I don't see too many problems.

The team I'm currently using...

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid
Pressure, 42 HP/216 Spd/252 Sp Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- HP [Grass]

Basic sweeper...

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant
Sandstream, 94 HP/252 Atk/164 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Another sweeper... And Celebi counter

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Jolly
Arena Trap, 22 HP/252 Atk/236 Spd
- Earthquake
- HP [Ghost]
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb

Trapper/Finisher.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
Sturdy, 196 HP/ 218 Def/96 Spd
- Spikes
- Roar
- Drill Peck
- Substitute

This thing is really the best I can come up with against Magneton... Sub on the switch and Roar while it kills the sub. If the opponent is persistent on switching in Magneton, it'll die in a few turns to Spikes. Sadly, prolly still won't outlast a smart Magneton. Thats what Dugtrio's for =)

Claydol @ Leftovers
Hardy
Levitate, 172 HP/96 Atk/216 Def/26 Sp Atk
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Sadly, can't do anything against Dusclops. That's what Dugtrio's for =)

Miltank @ Leftovers
Careful
Thick Fat, 252 HP/42 Atk/216 Def
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Milk Drink

Everyone likes clerics. I find people who play Miltank like Blissey stupid. Blissey does everything Miltank does, except better. Anyone who uses Miltank should take advantage of the things it has and blissey doesn't and exploit them. Miltank doesn't need SToss to deal decent damage and isn't countered by Gengar. It's sexy sexy speed is also something Blissey doesn't have. Yea, it's HP and Sp Def are much much less than Blissey's, but Thick Fat and Careful helps with that. Its defense also pwns Blissey's. And that's why I use this sexy sexy cow over Blissey.

<3 cows.

Brutus

Smash Rookie
You have an incredibly shaky team when it comes to Special sweepers. Everything can cover something, but if that thing is using a trump card i.e. alakazam with hp grass, it will eventually maul its counter, and proceed to destroy your team. Dugtrio isn't much of a clops counter... it will get WOWed and pain splitted. otherwise your team is good

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Yea, Dugtrio can't do anything to Dusclops. lol. Against Dusclops, I usually just soften it up, sacrificing something if I have to, and finish it with Dugtrio. Yea, I don't have any special walls... But I really like miltank a lot more than blissey. lol. I really need to ditch claydol for a special wall. hmm, but on the bright side, claydol + skarm = no physical weaknesses. XD

Brutus

Smash Rookie
This would be a lot easier if I could talk to you on NetBattle. What's your name on netbattle? I'm CTrainer, anyways, I'm normally at the server Battle Mountain, so go there, and we can talk

or we could talk over aim. xD

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
ITS CT TRAINER!!!!!!!! hi oh and boah lols at taht team the closest thing to a counter is sacrficing a poke adn sending i duggy. But hate doing that.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
There is a way to increase thier stats by a little even at lv 100.Try using a move with the lowest pp power and make it hit zero.Then put your pokemon in the pc.Walk out of the center and walk back in.Take your pokemon out and look at it's stats.It should increase a little.It's what I do.I've been using it for years.Thought I'd let someone else find out and use it to thier advantage.^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom