• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crème de la Crème - Tournament Saarbruecken [55 Entrants]

crifer

Smash Lord

A tournament hosted by NeK, Y.B.O. and YoH

Location/Where?
Inner City
5 Minutes foot walk from Saarbrücken HBF (Central train station)
Near the Border of France, 4 Hours away from NRW which is directly near Netherlands.
From NRW you´re going to get there really cheap (if you´re 5 people about 20 €!)

Address:
Nassauerstr.6
66111 Saarbrücken

Other Things:
No showers
strict no-smoking rule in the location
From 10 pm no-smkoing rule outside in front of the location
Central position in the city with oppurtunitys to buy something to eat (McDonalds, Burger King, several other food stores, super markets etc.)

Pictures:
http://www.multiforum3000.de/

Events
Singles Event [everybody has to attend this!]
Team Event
Lowtier Event
Crewbattle[Crews/Regional]

Costs:
15€ Entry-Fee
6€ Singles
6€ Teams
3€ Lowtier
[Attention: There is the Possibility that the Pots will be lowered!]

Rules:

General Rules:
• Stocks: 3
• Time: 08:00 Minutes
• Handicap: off
• Damage Ratio: 1.0
• Stage Choice: Free
• Item-Rules: None + All OFF
• Team-Attack: ON
• Pause: ON
• Score: Off
• Damage Gauge: ON

Starter Stages
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Lylat Cruise
• Smashville
• Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counter-Pick Stages
• Castle Siege
• Delfino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Halberd
• Rainbow Cruise
• Pokemon Stadium 1

Set Format:
1. Player Priority is determined if it cannot be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Term explanation:
•Player Priority
The player priority is determined for every Set per coin flip or rock paper scissors. The player/team, who wins the priority, can chose wether to pick controller port and (team-) color or strike first.
• Double Blind Character Pick
This is used for picking the first stage of the set. One player tells a neutral person which character he wants to take. The other player then picks his character and the first player takes his character. This can also be done by writing the characters on a piece of paper. Electronic devices are not allowed to be used for this.
• Stage Striking Procedure
The first stage of a set is chosen by the stage striking procedure; Player A calls a Stage from the starter pool, on which he does not want to play. Player B then calls two stages, on which he does not want to play on. Player A again calls the last stage he does not want to play on, determining the stage to play the first match on.
• Pools
If the tourney contains pools, it means that all players are grouped together (so called pools). In a pool, each player has to play a Bo3 match against every other player in his pool (round robin). Only a previously announced number of players make it out of pools into the bracket. The order deciding how the players are ranked in their pools is as follows: Set difference > match difference > direct comparison
• Double Elimination Bracket
In the bracket all players who made it out of pools will face each other in a tournament tree. The sets will be Bo3. The tree consists of a winner bracket and a loser bracket. All players start in the winner bracket. If you lose one match, you will be placed in the loser bracket. Only if you lose a set in the loser bracket, you are out of the tournament.
• Seeding
In most tournaments, players will be seeded after their skill level. This means, that every player will be rated on a scale from 1-10, after his expected performance. This is done to prevent that two top players have to face each other early in the tournament. This way, it tries to guarantee the same chances to everyone in the tournament. For the bracket, the seeding only depends on the pool results. Your personal seeding can’t be influenced, other than placing well in previous tournaments.
• Sets
Pools and Brackets are played in Best of three (Bo3) matches. The player winning two out of three matches wins the set (the third match will not be played if one player already won 2). From Winners Semi Final and Losers Semi Final all sets will be Best of five (Bo5).
Other Rules
• Timeout
If the time runs out, the winner will be determined by first stocks (higher) then percents (lower). (Exception Ledge-Grab-Limit)
• Match Tie
If a tie occurs, an extra match with one stock and three minutes will be played. If another tie occurs, the sudden death will be played out.
• Pool Tie
If a tie between two players occurs in a pool, the direct comparison determines who will be ranked higher. A tie between more than two players is resolved in another round robin (Bo1) between all affected players.
• Stalling
Infinite Chaingrabs, Grab Release Chaingrabs and Locks must be ended if the damage counter reaches 200%. Also forbidden: Grab Release Chaingrabs which don’t do any damage, Extended Dimensional Cape Glitch, Sonic Homing Stall.
• Ledge-Grab-Limit
If a match runs out of time and one player has more than 35 ledge-grabs, this player loses the match, independent from stocks and per cent. If both players have more than 35 LGs, the normal timeout rules apply.
• Suicide Rule
Bowsers & Ganondorfs SideB Sudden Death and Kirby, Dedede and Warios Neutral-B Sudden Death are counted as a win for Bowser/Ganondorf/Kirby/Dedede/Wario. The sudden death will not be played!
• DQ Rule
After a match has been announced, both players are obliged to play their set immediately. If one player is late for 10 minutes, he will get a match loss for the first match. After 15 minutes he will get a set loss. THIS IS BINDING
• Dave’s Stupid Rule
A player may not pick a stage he has previously won on.
• Team rules
In team matches, controller ports are distributed in a 1221-fashion; the team with player priority can decide whether they take the ports 1 or 2.
• Colour-blindness
If a player is colour-blind, he may decide both team colours, in order to eliminate the risk of confusion.
• Start-Button Rule
The start-button may not be pressed during a match, except for obvious reasons (disturbance by others etc.). Your own mistakes do not count as an obvious reason. By violation, your opponent might choose to continue the match without penalty. Otherwise penalties are as follows:
- Stock loss for pressing once
- Match loss for pressing twice
• Responsibility of the player
Every player is responsible for his own controller and nametag. The player has to make sure that his controller is working properly and his nametag is configured right. If anything is wrong, it is up to your opponent to decide whether the match will be restarted. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. Also, everyone is responsible for knowing the rule set. If your opponent acts against the rule set and you don’t stop him, it’s your own fault.

Low Tier Characters:
Yoshi
Mario
Link
Zelda
Lucas
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Samus
Jigglypuff

Confirmed/Registered(25/32)
Limit(54)

Yoh
NeK
Y.B.O
Mac_Jack
Clade
Killian
Crifer
stiv64
Quiksilver
Staco
Snopy
Otek
Shorty
Muka^
BluB
Prinz
Eddy
Bloody
Desti
Crysis
Linkinhand
GRI3VER
L!ver
Goldenike
Nyan
Cyve
Zack
Yikarur
Dato
Kunai
Zorc
Tsunayoshi

Hardware :

TV´s (9/18)
1 Location
1 Yoh
1 YBO
1 Crifer
1 Desti + Crysis
1 NeK
1 L!ver
1 stiv
1 Shorty

Wii + Brawl (13/21)
1 YBO
1 Desti + Crysis
1 Yoh
1 Killian
1 Eddy
1 Goldenike
1 GRI3VER
1 otek
1 Shorty
1 Linkihand
1 L!ver
1 Staco
1 Nyan

ATTENTION! Confirmation is absolutely binding because we can not afford deconfirmations, because we would pay for the location from our own money, please respect this.

Confirmation:

1. Step

download the link

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3487540/cdlcwordpadenglish.rtf.html

2. Step

complete form and send it to:

CDLC_Anmeldung@web.de

Statement of agreement (if you´re under 18):

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3487575/consent_eng.txt.html

Over 18:
Bring your ID.

Luigi player

Smash Master
So this isn't german only anymore?

I would like to go but I don't think that's possible:( (flights are like ~250 € lol)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
In !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I'm confirming // coming with you to.

edit: nvm i got this
edit2: reading over the form..

BEFORE I SEND A CONFIRM EMAIL
I want the TO to confirm what the official pot is if it could be lowered, and what the payouts/distribution are.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
its already pretty low tbh xD
Yeah but that's not really my problem with it :p

It's just if it gets lower After I confirm that I would be upset, and they said they are very serious on people confirming/deconfirming for this so I am just waiting.

If I confirm and the pot is lowered, or the distribution is like Spain or something and then I don't want to go... I don't want to have the TO's pay for the venue. So I'm just asking them to put something I can look at that won't change or whatever

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
The pots won't be lowered.
But there are the possibilitiy that the Entry Fee will be a bit more expensive.(2-3Euro)
Nothing special.
I only have a problem with the Price of the Location.

e: I'm the Host

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
Where u at Guys?
Would be nice to know who like to attend this.
I heard from some people that they are interested, but nobody looks in the Thread :/

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
Yesterday Foursword said he doesn't think he is able to come.

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
Indeed, I sadly have to bail on this =[. Not enough people are coming to rent a car so the car won't be going and by that I won't be going either. I'm sorry.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
The pots won't be lowered.
But there are the possibilitiy that the Entry Fee will be a bit more expensive.(2-3Euro)
Nothing special.
I only have a problem with the Price of the Location.

e: I'm the Host
I'll go with the dutchies then

Mr.R said he's gonna team with me so I'll talk to him and confirm tomorrow hopefully

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Indeed, I sadly have to bail on this =[. Not enough people are coming to rent a car so the car won't be going and by that I won't be going either. I'm sorry.
lol thats not true, we already have 4 people confirmed >.> if u dont wanna come just say so dont use bad excuses

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
lol thats not true, we already have 4 people confirmed >.> if u dont wanna come just say so dont use bad excuses
It's not a bad excuse. At the time of making the post I did not have the information that you and Orion would also come by car with me and FS. Regardless, in a few hours I will know for sure if I'm able to go, all I need is a 100 euros to come.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
does anyone here know how much it costs from Dusseldorf to Saarbruecken.

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
with 4 persons 25euro forth and back
with 5 persons 20euro forth and back

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
44 back and forth.
Forth u have to buy the ''Quer-durchs Land ticket'' and back the ''SchönesWochenendeticket''.
Attention: U just can take RegionalTrains not IC or ICE but don't worry.The usual Way from Dusseldorf to Saarbrücken is:
Dusseldorf HBF - Köln HBF - Koblenz HBF - Saarbrücken HBF

You travel 5 1/2 hours from Dusseldorf to Saarbrücken.

e: Whats with 4sword and agent?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
WTF 5 1/2 hours? its 2 1/2 hours from here to dusseldorf so i'd be traveling 8 hours T_T , not use if I wanna do that yet lol, 4sword isn't going cause the car renting didn't work out or something and agent idk

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
Thats just the cheap Possibility haha.
U also can take an ICE and pay a lot of money

Staco

Smash Champion
@ Ramin
Actually we are 5 germans taking a ticket together but I will make a thread in german boards to drive together as one big group.
We are going over Düsseldorf, so we could travel all together, but you shouldn´t arrive in Düsseldorf too late.
Talk to me @ MSN.

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
I don't think this will work out :o

@Staco U should tell your group about this before plan something with the Dutchies . :/

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Sorry, as much as I want to, I'm not coming to this T_T

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Why is that? :(
And does that mean Orion won't come either? :/

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
BluB why Muka and you aint coming to BiB2 (d) ???

Good luck everyone at this!

Too bad I can't attend either :x

Top Bottom