• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU Top Tier

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Which CPU controlled character usually comes on top with these settings:
  • Tournament Mode
    • All Characters
    • 2 on 2 Rounds
    • AI Level 9
  • Final Destination Stage
  • No Items/Handicap/Ect

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Roy seems to be the cream of the crop on my Melee disc.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Whoever you main will usually win. For me, Falco. My computer Falco is >>>>> than anyone else.

Smash Apprentice
In this order on my disc:
Pikachu
Yoshi
Falco

Luigi does well too, but the cpu can't recover up-b, and frequently dies too early.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Ganondorf, Luigi, and captain falcon, on a team, against me, level 9, I am bowser. Its really annoying, the most annoying is Ganondorf. Or should I say, GigaDwarf :mad:.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf is one of the chracters that comes out on top a lot from what I've seen. And two Ganondorfs on a team are nearly unbeatable by other cpus.

Roy4theBrawl

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Ganondorf did have a lot of problems though too, like if you had a small character, ex: Kirby and ducked, it would take him a while to figure out what to do.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario- Uses the pills alot and grab attacks for some reason
Peach- I never see her use the side B move and she sometimes uses her smash attacks
Ice Climbers- I have seen them use Dysync sometimes but often times they use the standard B move.

DethToll

Smash Cadet
Ganon is top for me, but only because he spams the upb and the neutral A punch and the other CPUs are too dumb to avoid it.
My disc's Luigi sucks though. He barely ever uses aerials and once he gets off the edge he's dead because he only ever does side b to recover...no jumps or upb.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Ganon.
He walks up, Warlock!!!!
He walks up, Volcano!!!
He walks up, Lighting Hump!!! (Even though his programs only tell him to do that when the character is above him.)

Luigi and Yoshi are pretty good.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
From what I remember my fox ***** ganon. they'll walk to each other after fox does his laser spam every two steps, ganon will either warlock punch or jab then the fox will trap him in rapid kicks., sometimes fsmashing. If ganon can get fox off the edge though and below the stage he edge guards with jab, which always works on foxes fire.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Fox, Falco and Roy.

All frame perfect grabbers. And all 3 myseriously know how to get 5+ hits in a rapid combo. A,A,A,A,A,A.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have almost won a tournament teaming with lvl 9 CPU ganon.

all you have to do is trust in him, and help him when he's getting hit.

cpu DI is superb, they escape combos, cpu's have amazing timing with grabs, and DIing short combos that normal people can't get out of. he uses up-B to out prioritize people and his down B can catch people off guard. and good timing in general. power shields help too.

basically, if you can use your own team skill to accentuate lvl 9 ganon's strengths, he can actually be a very decent teammate. or at least, WAY better than your average scrub.

my favorite chars to use with him are falcon, sheik, and fox. basically characters who are fast enough to stay near and support the cpu.

(you guys should try this in friendlies, it can really help your team game. i'm serious. you have no pressure with a teammate who is less/more experienced than you, and you know how your partner plays. sometimes, even if there's one player at my house, we will do team matches against each other with a lvl 9 cpu partner... i always pick ganon.)

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
ganordorf is the best cpu. I think because his attacks are strong and the computers tends to spam the jab (a) attack which is pretty fast and strong in ganondorf.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol This thread is a noobs heaven for discussion.. ANYWAY... Ganon is defintely the best, i was being cocky in a doubles tourn against kind of srcubby people and i teamed with Ganon and we won. Random Up B's and Down B FTW.

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I had no idea CPUs did this

If I had to guess, I'd say the hardest CPUs are Game and Watch, Marth, and Ganon

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
My copy of smash must be special - the only character available is Samus, and evidently, Samus wins every time.

Maybe my copy's just better than everyone elses?

Top Bottom