• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CP for MK

Force

Smash Apprentice
since kirby can stoneform throughout metaknights tornado and also just steal the tornado with his nuetral B wouldn't he technically be sortof a counterpick? any thoughts..

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Snake is the only matchup that gives most MK's a problem.

Other than that you just have to keep your spacing game perfect or pick up a char that's even with MK.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
im training ice climbers to counter meta knight and i think itll really work...

hes really easy to infinite with ic cause hes so light

Finch

Smash Lord
MK is probably IC's worst matchup. Trust me. Shuttle loop completely destroys them.

Lucario ***** MK though. Snake, Lucario, and maybe DK are probably his only unfavorable matchups so far.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
From experience, I can say MK will have trouble with Kirby and G$W in the future.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
no one is even with MK, if the MK is good. the only way to beat MK is to simply be a better player.

(and half the time, that doesn't work either)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
no one is even with MK, if the MK is good. the only way to beat MK is to simply be a better player.

(and half the time, that doesn't work either)
as another diddy kong player, you can beat meta knight. The ways of the banana will guide you through his high priority, if used correctly.

for example, i dont think im a better player than gmoney or otru, but ive given them both run for their money when it was diddy vs mk, cause of bananas

3GOD

Smash Ace
Characters that are even or possibly have a slight advantage over MK:

Bowser
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Snake

I would say that they are all pretty much even with MK - MAYBE a slight advantage. The problem with Bowser and DK is that they both have an impossible matchup against King Dedede. Lucario has several other matches that are tough.

Snake of course does pretty well against everyone (no extremely bad matchups).

Baiscally, MK and Snake are ridiculous, but MK is a little more ridiculous.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
as another diddy kong player, you can beat meta knight. The ways of the banana will guide you through his high priority, if used correctly.

for example, i dont think im a better player than gmoney or otru, but ive given them both run for their money when it was diddy vs mk, cause of bananas
I'm guessing that's only because they don't know how to deal with bananas. Which a lot of people don't, and that helps a lot. But you would literally have to ONLY approach with bananas, and nothing else for that to work (because no other approach works.) and that gets predictable and shallow and easy to counter after awhile, especially for MK.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
MK has no bad matchups.

Sorry, but he wins vs everyone and goes even with Snake.

Just because Azen has one vid of him doing well with Lucario vs MK doesn't make it: OMGebfrihfbgufbgufbgeunfhv Lucario>>>>>>>>>>>MK!!!!1111.

Finch

Smash Lord
I've just never heard of a snake or lucario or MK player saying that those matchups are even or seen videos or tournament results supporting that claim. It makes sense that Lucario and Snake beat MK so I was wondering what esoteric knowledge you had about the matchup that allowed you to claim otherwise.

Force

Smash Apprentice
soo... i experimented with it a little bit. apparently the tornado is a nice opening for shorthop-inhale with kirby. the sexy thing is.... if you tornado MK about once or twice with the stolen tornado he soon finds out his tornado outprioritizes yours, so at this point you can start baiting his tornado then just down-taunt and inhale again. the stoneform seems to **** MK during his up-b as long as u dont get too suprised by it because stone form has about a 1second startup time. I think kirby has some serious tools vs MK but they make you have to play akward and outside your normal style.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm guessing that's only because they don't know how to deal with bananas. Which a lot of people don't, and that helps a lot. But you would literally have to ONLY approach with bananas, and nothing else for that to work (because no other approach works.) and that gets predictable and shallow and easy to counter after awhile, especially for MK.
lol, well with that kind of attitude just save time and give your entry fee to the MK user

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I've just never heard of a snake or lucario or MK player saying that those matchups are even or seen videos or tournament results supporting that claim. It makes sense that Lucario and Snake beat MK so I was wondering what esoteric knowledge you had about the matchup that allowed you to claim otherwise.
It's called tourney results son.

Has a Lucario, or DK won a tourney since ZP1?

Nope, only Snakes and MKs have.

Has anyone seen a Kirby or Lucario beat a (top) MK in tourney yet?

Nope.

Has anything other than a few smarter players beat MKs with anything other than Snake(and DDD)?

Nope.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
MKs consistently place 2nd tier every tourney.

And hell, maybe Lucario, or DK, or even Pokemon Trainer beats MK.

But guess what?

No one's proved it consistently yet.

I think MK is garbage truthfully, but no one's proved me right yet.

(Except Hbox)

petey_did_it

Smash Ace

yes but gdx, i have shown you the true power of MK's up tilt, which is far more broken than snake's and kills at 15% or less, therefore, MK is unbeatable.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
all i know is that mk vs gdx's diddy on FD is a really tough match for my mk, his diddy is bananas

people i havent played and looking forward to do so with my mk are dguy (lucario) and afro (snake)

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
there is a lot of terrible stuff and wrong facts here.

for starters, MK has only 1 bad matchup at probably 6-4 with snake.

other "bad" matchups as you are putting them are even. DK is 5-5, bowser is NOT a hard matchup but I would still say it is at the most, even.

poke trainer sucks overall vs. MK as MK gimps ivy like nothing, charizard cant handle well. NOW squirtle does ok surprisingly but purely on his size and speed. squirt is a 5-5 rest are 4-6.

Lucario sucks vs. MK dunno what you are all talking about. it is def. not even or close to it.

diddy IS a good matchup for MK but only on final D, as it is diddy's only good stage period lol But I have still never lost to a diddy on final d *shrug* always close though.

pika goes pretty even with MK 5-5 def.

doodah is right about placings except for the MK part. Aside from FL, no MK's do anything anywhere other than Forte. Snake and then Wario are the top placing characters.

most recent cali tournament was snake vs snake DSF vs. Forward in singles and teams was dsf/ajax a double snake team that won. 2nd most recent cali tournament , dsf/forward/ajax the 3 snakes that do well out there were not in attendance and Futile won with wario yet again.. and a few other warios placed very high.

but cali is all wario/rob anyway..

FL is purely Snake MK almost every tournament *shrug* just truth.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Those are facts and those i agree with.

However the tourney you are refering to happened in Arizona and in the finals was a Kirby/Mk team.

And untilt he last 2 matches (maybe 3), DSF was using Marth.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
diddy IS a good matchup for MK but only on final D, as it is diddy's only good stage period lol But I have still never lost to a diddy on final d *shrug* always close though.
what diddys have you played in tourneys? theres only like...2 of us in the state worth mentioning that go to tourneys (me and dixi), and i know you've never played me, at least not with your meta knight.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
yeah dsf used marth till he got serious in grand finals. truth.

and yeah.. it was arizona wtf .. i watched too many vids in a row.. (cali tourny and that one were in same guys **** so I assumed cali as well, my bad)

forward supposedly just picked up snake and got 2nd. in one tourny. lol

edit: I play dixi (underscore) a lot.. used to play more when I played more in general.. but yeah, in tourny this one guy i dont know his name but he took me to final d and i won easily (but he wasn't as good as you/dixi) I've played the matchup enough times with dixi and its always close on FD.

Oh, and I don't main MK anymore. ;) he's my backup. you will see my new main on sat :o.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Lucario sucks vs. MK dunno what you are all talking about. it is def. not even or close to it.
Nope. Lucario's aerials either trade blows or beat MK's. Lucario has a ton of options vs tornado, and MK can not wall of pain Lucario off of the stage. Lucario kills MK reasonably early and MK kills Lucario kind of late, which helps out with Lucario's doing more damage at higher % ability.

As far as track record, Azen beats tons of MKs with Lucario and so do I.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Nah hes lieing, he invented some wierd technique with snake i dont know how to do. WHich some of the grand finals and see where he pulls a grenade to completely change his direction while he falls? Normally i can do that right as soona s i jump, but he does it somehow while falling.

Top Bottom