• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CP for MK

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
i dont tornado spam, maybe thats why i dont have issues with lucario?.. im aware lucario's air game is = if not better in most moves especially d.air. friend of mine played lucario a bunch in early days when game came out and did alright.. but what wall of pain are you talking about?.. 1 d.air from mk and lucario cant make it back at like 60%.

it's relatively easy :/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i cant see it at work, but it sounds like maybe he is B-sticking? or at least doing the effect of B-sticking without actually changing his c-stick to specials

dguy6789

Smash Lord
i dont tornado spam, maybe thats why i dont have issues with lucario?.. im aware lucario's air game is = if not better in most moves especially d.air. friend of mine played lucario a bunch in early days when game came out and did alright.. but what wall of pain are you talking about?.. 1 d.air from mk and lucario cant make it back at like 60%.

it's relatively easy :/
Lucario is really floaty. The vast majority of the time he doesn't have trouble coming back from being knocked away. Every MK I play that has tried to hit me while I am recovering, I just slap them away with an aerial or air dodge in an intelligent manner depending on the scenario and finish getting back on the stage. I have yet to have major problems recovering against any character to date.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
yeahb ut he does it with a grenade which is neutral b soooo im confused lol.
Same principle as a turn around charge shot from melee. (Or barlw.)
Just smack the analog to the side you want to face and then push B. o_o
Snake just drops a picked up nade when you push B, pivot or not, so...
Is that what you wanted to know? Or did I miss something?

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I would love to go to more tourneys more often but my crew drivers aren't always able to and my location makes it a little troublesome for other cfl players to help a bro out since I'm about an hour from Orlando.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Same principle as a turn around charge shot from melee. (Or barlw.)
Just smack the analog to the side you want to face and then push B. o_o
Snake just drops a picked up nade when you push B, pivot or not, so...
Is that what you wanted to know? Or did I miss something?
Yeah but when i do that, it changes snake direction but doesnt completely reverse his DI in the other direction.

All i can say is he is falling tot he right, does something that involves pulling out a grenade and switching direction that immediately switches his falling DI to the left. And with snake changing your direction in the Air takes awhile while your falling. Imma go find it in a video now.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQC42rQSTFA

Notice at 1:00 intot he video, Forward (green snake) is falling, pulls a grenade and someone IMMEDIATELY changes hisfalling direction to the opposite direction.

wtf
When i try to do it, i grenade in the other direction but i dont change my falling direction at all.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
The answer:
Out of his up+b, he does an aerial, and then pulls a pivot nade.
Doing the aerial first allows the pivot nade to affect your DI more.
So when you pivot nade after an aerial, your DI follows the direction you pivot.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Hey, I finally saw this in game 6 and just tried it out. It's pretty cool. You just hit the backward direction to pivot, go back to neutral, hit b and then push back into the backward direction so that you move into that opposite direction. If you don't push back into the opposite direction you'll only do that pivot and either fall straight or maintain some of your forward momentum. The timing is kinda hard. You just got to be fast with it.

Edit: Oh, and I think I'm talking about doing something different. This is when he does it on the ground. I haven't tried it, but what Desu is saying is probably truuuuu for when you're in the air. This is pretty interesting.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I would love to go to more tourneys more often but my crew drivers aren't always able to and my location makes it a little troublesome for other cfl players to help a bro out since I'm about an hour from Orlando.
you should pay attention to my caravan thread. i've picked up Rx before on my way to a SFL tourney and im gonna do it again this saturday. And he lives in Melbourne, which i believe is where you live, or close to it. if getting you adds only 15-20 minutes to my total trip, then ill get you on the way to a tourney, if you pay for gas

again, visit my caravan thread for more info

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Hey, I finally saw this in game 6 and just tried it out. It's pretty cool. You just hit the backward direction to pivot, go back to neutral, hit b and then push back into the backward direction so that you move into that opposite direction. If you don't push back into the opposite direction you'll only do that pivot and either fall straight or maintain some of your forward momentum. The timing is kinda hard. You just got to be fast with it.

Edit: Oh, and I think I'm talking about doing something different. This is when he does it on the ground. I haven't tried it, but what Desu is saying is probably truuuuu for when you're in the air. This is pretty interesting.
So it looks like it works with aerials OR another grenade.
Mindgames, anyone?

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't know if actually having to hold another grenade is required, but it probably is. I'm too lazy to test especially because I don't play Snake, heh. By the way, I hope people can understand my explanation. I suck at explaining things. It's way easier to just show, but I have no way of recording right now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you guys seriously just finding out about B-reversals?

Oh florida...lmao.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't know if actually having to hold another grenade is required, but it probably is. I'm too lazy to test especially because I don't play Snake, heh. By the way, I hope people can understand my explanation. I suck at explaining things. It's way easier to just show, but I have no way of recording right now.
I understood it, it's fairly easy to do off the ground, no momentum to cancel.
I think it might just be a 'trick', in the tricky sense.
Doing an aerial makes you take the focus off the fact that your DI is neutral from holding back, and then you can DI in a new direction from neutral with the pivot.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
None of this is all that useful, however, and this is slightly different from simple pivoting. I've known about this since a few weeks after the game came out, but I don't play Snake so I've never done this with grenades. Pretty cool for spacing or a weak mindgame, but it's not that amazing.

Oh, and I'm totally going to b-reversal my tornadoes now! I'll be unstoppable! :colorful:

Top Bottom