• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicking Guide

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yoshi's island wouldn't be so bad against, snake, since it has good lighting, a convenient platform, and blastzones aren't so bad. I doubt that aether launch would ever happen in a real match btw.

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
Lylat isn't a bad idea to use against Snake, it has most of the benefits that Battlefield brings to the table, yet it has a few rather annoying differences.

The main one is the shape of it. You know how Pirate ship has a \--_--/ ship that is productive in dodging projectiles? Lylat however has a /--~--\ which I find is rather annoying against people who seriously want to camp you to death. The platforms help, thankfully, but not too much.

Secondly, if the Snake places a C4 or land mine and you forget where it is, or you just don't see him plant it in the first place, good luck seeing it with a dark background and a dark stage. The Snake that I personally fight offline loves his C4 and grenades and they are very annoying to keep track of on dark stages.

Nevertheless, if you like the platform layout plus the fact that the edge MIGHT catch Snake under it, go ahead and try this, but I guarantee you'll do better on Battlefield and Delphino.
Oh ok I am starting to understand now. I didn't think about the C4 and grenade hiding. I also didn't realize the ledges. So picking that stage with great camping characters regardless is a bad idea. Delphino and Battlefield. <.< I know what I'm picking next time I play Fatal.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Battlefield is Snake's best or second best stage though. >_> Not sure if Smashville is better then Battlefield for him or not. He can close off 1/3 of the stage using well placed mines and C4s on the platforms and under that platform, can toss grenades perfectly onto platforms, utilt under platforms....
If Ike is smart about it, he can really put pressure on Snake with his platform game on Battlefield. It's good for both players, but it's a bit better for Ike than it is for Snake. He can close off the stage and put grenades on platforms on pretty much any stage anyways.

Don't forget that Snake can make the moving platform on Smashville his personal moving C4 carrier, that's one of the reasons I would not choose it against Snake.

Yoshi's island wouldn't be so bad against, snake, since it has good lighting, a convenient platform, and blastzones aren't so bad. I doubt that aether launch would ever happen in a real match btw.
Yeah, Yoshi's Island is a fairly good idea for all the reasons you've stated. I've seriously had the blastoff glitch happen...once in all my matches, both offline and online.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
you've let me down guilhe, we have a match up thread, a stage discussion thread, and a general Q&A thread and you would bring your question to this?

you used to be kool with a k.
My bad Arturito, I thought this was the ideal place to ask, as it was referred in our stage discussion thread. Anyway, I believe I know the perfects stage for him. It is RC obviously. His mines and grenades are very easy to spot, he can’t camp well in there and his aerials are quite laggy.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Why lucario not in Luigi´s mansion? I mean, it does have that troublesome pillars, but with Uair you can easily hit a character above you, and also your Final smash does creates Chaos in that place lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Why lucario not in Luigi´s mansion? I mean, it does have that troublesome pillars, but with Uair you can easily hit a character above you, and also your Final smash does creates Chaos in that place lol
Do not mention banned items.... in competitive play....

Top Bottom