• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could there somehow be a pattern to the Brawl updates?

Binx

Smash Master
good work, i guess we'll find out soon enough if you are right. Although I dont know where you got the now they will do 4 weeks in reverse order kind of thing.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Well, we have music and an item. I bet the character is Meta Knight, the game mode is a Special Brawl (such as Super Sudden Death or Stamina, or maybe Camera again), and the How to Play is about how to perform Special Moves. Or was it stage instead of How to Play? If it's stage, I bet it's either the Halberd (possible if MK is announced), the Mario Kart stage, Pit's stage, or the FE castle.

And what I think about Special Moves and Final Smashes is that they fall under the category of "Character." If you look, you see they have the "character" emblem instead of the Wiimote of "How to Play" (which is where they were announced in the first place).

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I've thought since the beginning that there might be a pattern, but i never checked because it didn't seem likely. Now, seeing this, it looks as if OP might actually be right.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
This is really interesting. Well, we have the music and the item. Now we need a Character, a How To Play, and a Mode.
I'm most excited for "Mode" because these are the least frequent. Hopefully these patterns aren't coincidences and we get everything that the TC said.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Special Moves
Week 1: None
Week 2: Pit
Week 3: None
Week 4: None
Week 5: Fox
Week 6: Wario
Week 7: None
Week 8: None

Final Smashes
Week 1: None
Week 2: Mario
Week 3: None
Week 4: None
Week 5: Link, Pikachu
Week 6: None
Week 7: Bowser
Week 8: None

There doesn't seem to be any clear pattern for either of them. They did, however, line up until Week 6. Before that point, though, every FS week was also an SM week, too. Speculate as you will.

Midna

Smash Apprentice
well nobody could predict the notice update...since it was the first 1
I just so happened to say that during E3 there would be a notice that said teh release date (didn't mention the trailer though)
and, I had been saying that that week we would see Donkey Kong. my reasoning behind the ape?
Yoshi is already semi-confirmed, and DK is the only other one of the original 8 that had nothing on him.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
And an FS... Whatever... Can people just stop complaining about this stuff? Whats done is done, there is a chance he could change it with enough feedback.. But that would flaw his whole design.. He was going for balance and thats what its going for.

Ectoplasmus

Smash Cadet
Samus' final smash officially introduced Zero Suit Samus. It also had the character icon. Since they are the same person, that could count as the character intro for Zero Suit Samus, thus, it didn't break the pattern.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I agree completely Ectoplasmus, this defininently counts as a character update. On the bottom of the post you can clearly see Character Samus. Thus, character. So you're theory is so far so good. What's left how to play and what else is next, mode and how to play. Eh those usually aren't very good updates.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I say he does another how to play, probaly crawling, tommorow. Then game modes he suprises us with something we would never thought would happen, or just something about the controls.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
IF there is a patteren then i havve'nt been paying any attenion, to those who have however, can you tell me what day we'll get a new char update?

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
So far there's been at least one character update every week alpha n00b, so according to who ever made this thread we'll get one sometime next week. Hopefully one tommorow on Zamus.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Umm.....beta prime, ZSamus and Samus' Final Smash is tecnhically a character update. I don't think GreenKirby realized it either, but a "Character" update doesn't have to be an actual character, it also incorporates updates on their moves such as "Special Moves" or "B" button moves, and the Final Smash's, which is what we got today.

This also means the rest of the week is going to suck, with a Mode and a How To Play update. Darn you GreenKiryb

M.K

Level 55
Character Updates:
1. Profile
2. Final Smash
3. Special Moves

Item Updates:
1. Item
2. Pokeball Pokemon
3. Assist Trophies

The pattern is dead-on so far~

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
So far the pattern is perfect. All we need is a Mode and a How To Play, and IMO those 2 are the most interesting ones.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
So far the pattern is perfect. All we need is a Mode and a How To Play, and IMO those 2 are the most interesting ones.
Really? I don't believe that for a second. You'd rather hear that "Hey, story line has more story to it! Your Welcome, end of update," instead of, "Hey, Character X joins the party!"

I'm bracing for the long haul here, thursday and friday will be boring updates and saturday and sunday don't have any, so it'll be 4 days until we get anything interesting again.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Looks like they are doing to many new things all the time for it to stick to one pattern.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
If you mix and match what's in the pattern and what updates belong to what categories, you can keep coming up with something, but it's nothing really. I can see one character a week being a pattern for sure, but other than that, Sakurai is just spreading everything out.

Definitely expect the pattern to be broken. If it's not mode + how to play, give it up.

Even if it is, well, it's been a while since we've seen either. So what else would you expect?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
A picture of Sakurai taking a dump?

I mean, I would really love to see how the lavatories of the SORA office looks like.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
most likely tomorrow will be a how to play update

Friday would be the only day there would be a mode update and if there is one that day that would be the give away that there is a pattern

Revven

FrankerZ
I expect that the pattern will follow suit. It seems to make quite a bit of sense, IMO. But, we'll see, tomorrow will sort of be the judgement day (tonight if you're staying up anyway :p).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
if someone hacks into sakurais private computer and looks at his files, and sees that he purposely updated in this order, it would be funny.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
We all assume character moves are character updates, yet most often a character move / Final Smash is posted the day after a character update. ZSSamus might as well get her own update, since she has a completely different moveset.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai isn't doing this in any order, random or not. He is using a dartboard for certain, the same dartboard Shigeru Miyamoto used to make his random ideas, like a Plumber who fights Apes, a green tunic boy who fights blue demons, a bounty hunter with big shoulders, space animals, a futurisic racer with extreme boosts, a plumber who rides Dinosaurs, a man who enlsaves plant people, etc.

So in terms, both of them have bad aim. In fact, 75% of the time they don't even hit the dart board. 15% of the time it goes at least 1/4 a mile down the Nintendo HQ. Their bad aim has cause 95 emergency calls, and much of Sakurai's and M iyamoto's team walks around in armor. True fact. By the way, Sonic is in the center, and Lucario is right below him (so Johnknight1 can win his $50 :chuckle:).

Simply put, Sakurai doesn't know what he'll do next, he's just going with the flow. And the reason Dexoys isn't in is because on the SWF Deoxys thread someone spilled Dexoys hate, and he hit the dart on the screen, but the screen had extra screen layering, so he went with that! :chuckle: True story. :p

In other words, it's 4,543 7/34,543.722289% random. ;) But Sakurai always has his mindgames as well! ;)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The pattern has been proven to be wrong.
Plus this update isn't interesting at all. It tells us everything we already know.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Bowser followed by Giga Bowser, Samus Final Smash followed by Zero Suit Samus.
Nice to know that there's some kind of pattern here. Though I doubt any of Zamus' B attacks will be detailed tomorrow.

Top Bottom