• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could there somehow be a pattern to the Brawl updates?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I greatly enjoyed the new screens.
Though, we did already know that you can turn her 'stun gun' into a laser whip.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
The next update could be a How to Play AND a Game Modes, so don't throw the pattern away just yet.

Though I don't think there's an EXACT pattern to the updates, I think Sakurai did plan them out carefully, and thoughtfully handpicked each update to match up with how much info he wants us to know.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I too think they're carefully picked. Like, which update would I **** my pants for to update it, and which are really bleh updates? Let's put the first type in intervals, to get me going to the lavatories on occasions.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The pattern has been proven to be wrong.
Plus this update isn't interesting at all. It tells us everything we already know.
no, now he's 1 step closer to posting an entirely new character, the only one left is meta-knight. snake won't be put on till later because he is a hidden character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's put on a new character every 8 days for the last 4 weeks...intresting. In other words, we'll see someone next Friday or the Monday the week following. IDK, other then that, we're all just second guessing ourselves! :laugh:

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Though I don't think there's an EXACT pattern to the updates, I think Sakurai did plan them out carefully, and thoughtfully handpicked each update to match up with how much info he wants us to know.
That's the deal. It's not so much a pattern. It's Sakurai spacing things out intentionally.

Some people in this thread are in desperate need of a Discrete Math course. Most of this stuff is not legit "pattern," in the predictable future sense, apart from the one character a week deal.

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
Probably, i just cant wait for the next char posting, heres hoping its sonic lol, i used to be a NO SONIC fan. but now im all for it.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So.. how many weeks are left so there is one character for each week?.. like 19? 20? + the 12 we have now?

Did the pattern hold up? I get confused with the whole table and pattern thing.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
we got 4/5 right. he screwed the character updates though. maybe they are in order of veteran fighters/final smashes and newcomers/moves.
try working that in.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Yeah, 4/5 was pretty good. Darn it, why couldn't they put Samus' BACON and ZZS profile on the same day?

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Look, there is a character every week. That takes care of one day.

Outside of notices, there are only five other categories!! So any random guess that includes a character for one day is likely to get 4 out of 5 right, especially if you're doing some educated guessing on what might happen, and if you're twisting around the facts to make it seem like a pattern.

Here, I'll take a stab at next week:

Character
Item
Game Mode
Stage
How to Play

I'm like a freakin' genie!

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
In fact, just to prove it to you, I'll take my prediction for next week, which was totally random, and stack it up against each previous week:

Once again, my predicted week is character, game mode, how to play, stage, item.

Week one was music, stage, how to play, character, item.
4 out of 5 right!

Week two: character, how to play, item, stage.
4 out of 5 right!

Week three: Music, item, how to play, character, game mode
Three weeks in a row 4 out of 5!

Week four: character, stage, music, item, character.
Only 3 out of 5.

Week five: character, character, character, character, stage.
Even though there were four character updates, I still manages 2 out of 5.

Week six: character, music, item, game mode, character.
Back to 4 out of 5.

Week seven: item, character, character, how to play, stage
4 out of 5 right!!

Week eight: how to play, item, item, character, stage.
Woohoo, 4 out of 5 again! That's three in a row again! My pattern is proven!

Week nine: music, item, character, character, how to play.
only 3 out of 5.

Using the exact same prediction for every week, I averaged over 3.6 out of 5 each week.

Mix that up with some educated guesses because of what we haven't seen for a while, and you have a more reliable "pattern" than what is being "seen" by the TC.

There is not pattern; it's just that there's only so much to choose from each week.

Four out of five is not "pretty good," it's what a monkey would achieve from pulling random updates out of a hat.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Look, there is a character every week. That takes care of one day.

Outside of notices, there are only five other categories!! So any random guess that includes a character for one day is likely to get 4 out of 5 right, especially if you're doing some educated guessing on what might happen, and if you're twisting around the facts to make it seem like a pattern.

Here, I'll take a stab at next week:

Character
Item
Game Mode
Stage
How to Play

I'm like a freakin' genie!
Well we already got the stage of the week (Rumble Falls)

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Well we already got the stage of the week (Rumble Falls)
Of course. I named 5 out of a 6 possible categories.

If there's one thing this thread has achieved, though, it is to demonstrate that there is pretty much a new character presented every week. So it is nice to feel that coming and think about who it is.

I'm pulling for Ness!! We haven't seen a single sign of Earthbound yet.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
In my own opinion, I don't think it's fair to conspise about patterns. One of the theories has been blown out of the window today anyway, with the DK level. Ha.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
If you followed the pattern, you would know that we were expecting a stage this week. Genius

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Of course. I named 5 out of a 6 possible categories.

If there's one thing this thread has achieved, though, it is to demonstrate that there is pretty much a new character presented every week. So it is nice to feel that coming and think about who it is.

I'm pulling for Ness!! We haven't seen a single sign of Earthbound yet.
sorry, but it'll bee zero suits moves. pit and wario had there moves posted shortly afterward, he shall follow suit with zs.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
but if we are scheduled for only 1 character update, it will be the moves. if there is more than one, than it is more than likely.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
If you're interested in the only REAL pattern happening in these updates it's this:

Week 1: Link (w) & Mario (w) & Pit (f)
Week 2: None
Week 3: Pikachu (th) & Kirby (th)
Week 4: Fox (m) & Samus (f)
Week 5: Wario (w)
Week 6: Zelda (m)
Week 7: Bowser (t)
Week 8: DK (th)
Week 9: Zero Suit Samus (th)

There's a new CHARACTER (not character update) every week. So we should see somebody this week.

Strong possibilities include Meta Knight, Yoshi, Falcon, Peach, and Ness.

My guess is those five will add to what we have to make the 16 non-hidden characters. So after week 14, with about 15 weeks to go, I'm not sure what will happen. Not sure if Sakuraie will show hidden characters.

Of course, I'm not sure who will be hidden or anything, but no matter what, the pattern will either have to break or he'll start showing hidden characters eventually.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If you're interested in the only REAL pattern happening in these updates it's this:

Week 1: Link (w) & Mario (w) & Pit (f)
Week 2: None
Week 3: Pikachu (th) & Kirby (th)
Week 4: Fox (m) & Samus (f)
Week 5: Wario (w)
Week 6: Zelda (m)
Week 7: Bowser (t)
Week 8: DK (th)
Week 9: Zero Suit Samus (th)

There's a new CHARACTER (not character update) every week. So we should see somebody this week.

Strong possibilities include Meta Knight, Yoshi, Falcon, Peach, and Ness.

My guess is those five will add to what we have to make the 16 non-hidden characters. So after week 14, with about 15 weeks to go, I'm not sure what will happen. Not sure if Sakuraie will show hidden characters.

Of course, I'm not sure who will be hidden or anything, but no matter what, the pattern will either have to break or he'll start showing hidden characters eventually.
first off, sakurai said he would give away all the characters before the games release. second, the IC are returning. and thirdly, he said he would be releasing hidden characters last. he also said third parties would be hidden. so after meta-knight and the four last original starters, i'll bet characters like diddy kong will be given. then naybe something like sonic. but expect the unexpected.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Oh I didn't know Sakurai said hidden characters would be revealed. Could you give me a link on that?

Also, I didn't realize the IC and Sonic had been confirmed. Man, you have some good source.

Everyone, just keep in mind that the How To Play didn't show up last week as it was "predicted" to.

Also, this week the only two things "on schedule" are stage and character. That means any item, any pokeball or assist trophy, any how to play update, which hasn't been around for four weeks, or a new piece of music breaks the "pattern" two weeks in a row.

Only continual character/stage updates for the rest of the week keep it in line.

Look it! There is at LEAST one character update every week. There are five other categories TOTAL (minus notices) and they rarely ever show up more than once a week.

That means the other categories show up ALMOST EVERY WEEK.

The pattern is this: We see a new character every week, and a wide variety of other updates. It does not have to fit the pattern, like last week (the only week partly predicted in advance!), when only 4/5 were correct.

Don't expect it this week. Green Kirby even admitted it by adding in item and game modes when predicting this week. At best, with another character update, the "pattern" will only give 3/5. The rest of the week likely includes another character update, an item, and "How to Play."

Top Bottom