• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could be a lie...worth testing just to find out

Iwan

Smash Ace
Ok...so....

Earlier tonight, playing friendlies at a friend's house...he told me how using falcon (earlier today when i wasn't there), he used an Aerial Falcon Kick on his opponent, and then immediately used falcon dive. And it connected. So basically....he did Aerial Falcon Kick>>>Falcon Dive. The thing is, he said his falcon kick didn't even finish the entire attack; the move cut off completely and went straight into falcon dive....basically cutting falcon kick's length in half and going directly into falcon dive. He claimed he couldn't recreate this after he did it. Not once. He also claimed that it did 30 percent damage (which seems about right....taking into consideration Falcon Dive does 17 percent i believe, while a close Falcon kick does 13 percent).

His friend he was playing against vouched for him, and said they got excited...but neither of them could do it again after that initial one. I tried and tried...different timings and simultaneous button presses. I tried a lot of things...but couldn't get it. And I'm starting to think they're both just full of it.

I wanted to mention it to the Falcon Boards, just because if this really DOES exist (hopes aren't high), then it would be really, really, really useful.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...Perhaps if you connect at the end of the Falcon Kick, you might have enough time to Falcon Dive, but I'm not sure.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ok...so....

Earlier tonight, playing friendlies at a friend's house...he told me how using falcon (earlier today when i wasn't there), he used an Aerial Falcon Kick on his opponent, and then immediately used falcon dive. And it connected. So basically....he did Aerial Falcon Kick>>>Falcon Dive. The thing is, he said his falcon kick didn't even finish the entire attack; the move cut off completely and went straight into falcon dive....basically cutting falcon kick's length in half and going directly into falcon dive. He claimed he couldn't recreate this after he did it. Not once. He also claimed that it did 30 percent damage (which seems about right....taking into consideration Falcon Dive does 17 percent i believe, while a close Falcon kick does 13 percent).

His friend he was playing against vouched for him, and said they got excited...but neither of them could do it again after that initial one. I tried and tried...different timings and simultaneous button presses. I tried a lot of things...but couldn't get it. And I'm starting to think they're both just full of it.

I wanted to mention it to the Falcon Boards, just because if this really DOES exist (hopes aren't high), then it would be really, really, really useful.
He probably got interrupted by the grounded (?) person's attack.

It coincides with it not finishing. Also, if it did finish, the ground shockwave does 9 damage, doing a total of 22 damage. ;.;

Iwan

Smash Ace
being more specific...he used an aerial falcon kick on an air born opponent

his opponent was pursuing him.
then did the supposed FK>>>FD.

Basically he never hit the ground. He did falcon kick, canceled it while still in the air with falcon dive. So falcon kick>>>Falcon dive. All while in the air, with the "Falcon kick animation cut in half."---says him.

Im gona go ahead and say he's an idiot.
mess around with it if you feel the need though (im tired and going to sleep :p).

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i would test this out but unfortunately i have no one to practice with.did they save the replay,if they didnt they should of just killed themselves to have enogh time to save the replay.i think maybe this is possible

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's similar to Marth's(and basically every other character)'s Double Dolphin(or lagless) Slash "glitch".

Basically, sometimes in Battlefield or other areas with similar ledges, sometimes if you Up B to the ledge, it's lagless and you can immediately do anything instantly(most people do this by accident).

So, did he used it near the ledge? What map was it?

Iwan

Smash Ace
Maybe it's similar to Marth's(and basically every other character)'s Double Dolphin(or lagless) Slash "glitch".

Basically, sometimes in Battlefield or other areas with similar ledges, sometimes if you Up B to the ledge, it's lagless and you can immediately do anything instantly(most people do this by accident).

So, did he used it near the ledge? What map was it?
Nope...no ledge. It was on FD

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
i would test this out but unfortunately i have no one to practice with.did they save the replay,if they didnt they should of just killed themselves to have enogh time to save the replay.i think maybe this is possible
i know dis is out of topic but y do they have 2 kill themselves wen u can just exit the match :confused:

anyway did he save da match?

degypr

Smash Cadet
He probably got interrupted by the grounded (?) person's attack.

It coincides with it not finishing. Also, if it did finish, the ground shockwave does 9 damage, doing a total of 22 damage. ;.;
I don't really know but I scored 25% today with the attack. Now how the heck did that work out?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I remember accidentally doing the Snake Slide Upsmash thing during a fight once a couple of weeks after Brawl's launch in Japan, and back then, I couldn't at all figure out how I did it nor how to do it again. Now, it's a well known and fairly easy to do technique.

So...yeah.

Top Bottom