• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin True Combos and Setups

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Got Falling Fair -> Fair -> Landing Fair -> Fair -> Up Air to carry someone from the left platform of Dream Land 64 to the top and kill. Percent was around 60-80, don't remember exactly.

I've also gotten this to work with Up-B to kill even earlier, but that's definitely not true. The up air ending may not be true, either, but on Dream Land or Town and City [with platforms] it's deadly. Battlefield it works, just a lot later.

Abuse the crap out of up air, guys.

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Ftilt to Fsmash is a good setup that works better against fastfallers. It starts working against Sheik at 30%, give or take. If the Ftilt is optimally spaced, you will need to Perfect Pivot Fsmash to reach her. Speaking of Perfect Pivoting, I think a thread about PP's is necessary. Setting the C Stick to tilts or smashes both have their advantages. This is unrelated, but PP Dsmash is probably one of Corrin's most potent kill options, as the back hit tipper is ridiculously strong (tipper is not SO unsafe on block!)

What do you think? Should we make a thread? I'd like to address the pros and cons of tilt stick and smash stick.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Ftilt to Fsmash is a good setup that works better against fastfallers. It starts working against Sheik at 30%, give or take. If the Ftilt is optimally spaced, you will need to Perfect Pivot Fsmash to reach her. Speaking of Perfect Pivoting, I think a thread about PP's is necessary. Setting the C Stick to tilts or smashes both have their advantages. This is unrelated, but PP Dsmash is probably one of Corrin's most potent kill options, as the back hit tipper is ridiculously strong (tipper is not SO unsafe on block!)

What do you think? Should we make a thread? I'd like to address the pros and cons of tilt stick and smash stick.
Perfect pivoting will open up a lot of opportunities; however, I feel that any threads on the topic wouldn't really take off for a long time and would end up dying. Over on the Sheik board, we didn't even start really discussing them until about a year into the game's life.

Last edited:

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Perfect pivoting will open up a lot of opportunities; however, I feel that any threads on the topic wouldn't really take off for a long time and would end up dying. Over on the Sheik board, we didn't even start really discussing them until about a year into the game's life.
I still think there's a big difference, however. It took some time for the smash community to use PP consistently; as such, you could easily invalidate the first six month's lack of discussion due to perceived unreasonability. Furthermore, Corrin is a slower character than Sheik. Using PP consecutively ala Void is much harder than the reasonable PP Dsmash read.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but using PP with Corrin also seems easier, compared to other characters

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Double jab to turnaround dsmash is a pretty great mix up from my exp

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I prefer jab jab > IP. It's quicker, does more damage, less chance for error and safer. IP also puts the fear of dog into them if they adjust you can jab jab > grab mixup.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Not for damage, for kills. For damage I start a string with dtilt usually.

Reverse dsmash tippered kills at like mid to early high percents.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Not for damage, for kills. For damage I start a string with dtilt usually.

Reverse dsmash tippered kills at like mid to early high percents.
To be exact tippered Dsmash kills Pit (center FD, no DI or Rage) at 100%. Which happens to be the exact same as tippered Fsmash

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
Exactly. I am really not sure at what percentages I got this dair footstool, but it worked for sure. it indeed needs to be labbed, specifically because it could be a great setup if you got a stock ahead to get an early KO and still make it back on walled stages;
i got it on a captain falcon at 3% so maybe it depends on where you start the dair?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Thought I'd leave this here for all you Corrin mains. Since My Smash Corner posted a video on Corrin's Combos and Tricks. Tons of shenanigans she seems to have. :yeahboi:

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
I'm not necessarily certain about this gif in particular, but it's worth considering other possible combos out of counter given the hugely advantageous positioning it gives. Uair definitely would have been a combo in this scenario.

https://gfycat.com/PowerfulBossyGreathornedowl

Last edited:

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
I prefer jab jab > IP. It's quicker, does more damage, less chance for error and safer. IP also puts the fear of dog into them if they adjust you can jab jab > grab mixup.
What does ip mean?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
What does ip mean?
Instant Pin. The technique of using side B then immediately rolling the thumb to press the A button (Or double tap B, but thats harder imo) so as to pin the ground before the full hop comes out.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
I dont know if someone has mentioned this already but corrin can dtilt x3 to uptilt if he catches mario at the ledge although im not sure if it can be broken by a fast nair and im definetely sure bayonetta can escape it using her bat within.

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
I use it and its wonderful. it havent extended any combos though. I just know its awesome for spacing f tilts and d tilts which make reads themselves.

Top Bottom