• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin True Combos and Setups

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
My Corrin game has gone up crazy today..I thought Corrin wasnt for me after yesterday but I was staying up all night..

I am breaking my old FG winstreak and I beat the Corrin main that 2 stocked me a day ago....You also can easily beat Corrin Dittos with countering up air midair guaranteeing you a stock

I destroy most people that try Bayonetta but lets be frank..Bayonetta has a horrible matchup against Corrin because countering her wicked weaves gives you an insta kill which is why I mostly 2 stock Bayonetta Mains unless they are really good..

Got 25 wins with Corrin on FG in one day...Yeah FG isnt reliable but I had relativly smooth matches and I learned what kind of tactics to use against certain characters...

Like I said Up Tilt/Down Tilt is his best way to start a combo and I heavily reccomend you all do that if you want to start a juggling combo..

I managed to do some fair combos and even a 3 hit fair but UAIR gets me Kills and Fairs dont..Not against characters with good recovery

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
Seems really hard to execute for most people, looks like you almost need to tap jump to do this.... but i could see it at a higher lvl used allot.
I don't have tap jump on, and I was able to do it just fine. You just need quick fingers

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
First video, is that the side b hop or a manual short hop? Will either one work? Never mind that's a full hop.

Second, is Corrin the only character with advantage on ground release? Or is Bayonetta just slow? I've always thought both characters could move at the same time.

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
Corrins main way to setup UAIR combos is down and up tilt..

Which is true but we might find out more options..

I love the fact that Corrin has one of the best UAIRS in the game.

Corrin is around Ike or higher Tier wise from what we know...

Some proffesionals say High Tier others say Mid Low Robin level or Ike
i mean it is way too early, but... in no way is corrin robin tier...i can almost certainly say that he is a better character than robin and ike

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Dthrow to fair is true at 0, may not work on everyone.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
i mean it is way too early, but... in no way is corrin robin tier...i can almost certainly say that he is a better character than robin and ike
After my results with the Character recently I agree

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
After my results with the Character recently I agree
the question rather is, is corrin better/worse/on par with cloud? corrin has some very good tools which ,for example, ike doesnt have....but yea, ike does have dthrow to fair i guess...

Adversary

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help test if this is true or not? I was messing around with Corrin in training mode and discovered this. I was able to land on it Wario a few times, but the timing is more strict with him. It works best on fastfallers.

Fair > Grab > BThrow > Move slightly > Side Special > Forward
For the second Clip even if they tech could you not just Dragon Lunge cancel instead of connecting it and tech chase ? that should be an option

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Fallimg uair combos into the last hit of up b at mid percents for more damage, not for a kill.

A lot of how I'm landing kills involves dthrow and using up b on a jump read close to the blastline.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Okay, now that's pretty cool. But I think it needs to be tested with an actual person on the other end, considering the combo counter is far from reliable, especially when it comes to grab release stuff. Even if it isn't true though, I think it's still something worthwhile to keep in mind because the air release probably leads to at least a 50/50 and the ground release to side b will catch them if they buffer literally anything but shield. Especially because of how good Corrin's pummel is, so they're more likely to mash fast and buffer something they didn't want in an attempt to take less damage.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Reminder that the "cancel" option is pretty much nonexistent because they can just mash out and walk away

Eureka

Smash Ace
For the second Clip even if they tech could you not just Dragon Lunge cancel instead of connecting it and tech chase ? that should be an option
Problem is back throw doesn't send them at a low enough angle to force a tech, they could just jump or use a move before hitting the ground. That being said tech chasing with either the front or back kick after Dragon Lunge sounds pretty legit, but I can't think of any moves Corrin has that actually send people at a low angle besides down air, down smash, and maybe back air. Does down smash recover in time to tech chase?

EDIT: I just thought of something, is it possible for the opponent to mash out of Dragon Lunge if they are laying on the ground? If not there might be some potential for follow ups off a missed tech. Also for anyone trying to instant Dragon Lunge you can do it really easily by just sliding your finger quickly from b to a while holding forward or back, since a also extends the spear after the jump.

Last edited:

Icedmana

Smash Rookie
0%-15% thing on Mario, 0-15% rage:

Auto-canceled Fair -> instant dragon lunge pin can be a true combo. With the lunge kick it's about 27% damage.

Works some with Nair but not as easy to get the pin to combo

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Late hit of the dragon lunge kick combos into utilt at early percents

Last edited:

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
EDIT: THIS KILL CONFIRM IS TRUE ON ALMOST ALL CHARACTERS

FF Weak Nair (reverse hitbox) -> Bair

Kills at the ledge early, from my testings here are the %s

Fast Fallers/Most Heavies: ~65-100%
Middle Weights: ~70-100%
Lightweights/Floaties: ~60%-75%, they get thrown too high by nair after this

Note: Combo starts working before it starts killing

Last edited:

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
Last night I felt like I was able to do Jab -> Jab -> Dtilt. I didn't have a lot of time as I have a 9-5 deal. But I wanted to see if anyone else has been able to do this or has thoughts on it.

Starhover

Smash Rookie
Another one I've been messing around with is d-tilt > u-tilt > nair > fair > fh fair > fair for 50% or uair for 51%

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
I've gotten this in game already. It is subject to bad DI, but sometimes you can catch your opponent holding inwards or something if they are for example running towards you when you hit them with nair.

It isn't super reliable, but its definitely useful to know about

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Tested this on Ike.
From 15 to 40%, you can do Front hit of U-Air -> RAR B-Air.
From 15 to 70%, Back hit of U-Air -> B-Air (At the 45% mark, double jump then B-Air)

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Maybe if someone checks on the FAF of jab 1 and sees its the same as Marth's or Lucina's maybe jab strings are a real possibility
Havnt had much time to test though.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Instead of air grab release dragon lunge on jiggs, we can air release into uair for the kill.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
I've managed to get a full charged neutral b at high percents to an up b. You have to run past them, jump quickly, and up b towards the direction theyll get sent. Theyll fly right into the last hit. The timing is strict, but i got a kill off it. Only the last hit connects

btw, does the first and last hit have more kb than the rest? Kind of like how marios work.

Ineednoname?

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ineednoname69
Okay, now that's pretty cool. But I think it needs to be tested with an actual person on the other end, considering the combo counter is far from reliable, especially when it comes to grab release stuff. Even if it isn't true though, I think it's still something worthwhile to keep in mind because the air release probably leads to at least a 50/50 and the ground release to side b will catch them if they buffer literally anything but shield. Especially because of how good Corrin's pummel is, so they're more likely to mash fast and buffer something they didn't want in an attempt to take less damage.
After trying a bit, I don't think it's true but I do think it could lead to some sort of frame trap in the air. On the ground I guess you could catch them off guard if they're expecting a throw or if they're expecting the grab release you could maybe catch them on bad DI with uthrow?

Adversary

Smash Rookie
I've managed to get a full charged neutral b at high percents to an up b. You have to run past them, jump quickly, and up b towards the direction theyll get sent. Theyll fly right into the last hit. The timing is strict, but i got a kill off it. Only the last hit connects

btw, does the first and last hit have more kb than the rest? Kind of like how marios work.
you can also just Half charge DFS into Lunge Cancel into kick and kill works at high %s
You can also Shoot the Fang shot wait for stun to be over and then hit with Air Dragon Lunge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGiJJ_BVcm8

Here is a Video on a Level 1 Lucario with 100% damage Stock 1 is Half shot into Lunge cancel Kick (would kill if i had rage ) Stock 2 DFS into Pin Jump Down air ( not sure if this actually works) AT end of Stock 2 Up B into Balloon Shorten's Distance of UP B it stops as soon as it hits Balloon (not sure if this means it will collide with Projectiles and stop early needs to be tested ) Stock 3 Shoot Half/ 3/4th charge *not sure* from Fauther Distance Wait till stun is over and Air DL Stock 4 Pinning Opnt at high % can kill instead of pin into the ground if not done from the ground (needs more testing ) Stock 5 its just an UP smash ..

Last edited:

Kadc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kadc_network
killed shiek with tipper of dtilt to buffering uair at 80% (Dreamland) it true comboed
Dtilt -> uair killed and true comboed on (FD) at 92% on shiek
Buffering Fair -> Uair (FD) killed shiek at 88% shiek

Last edited:

ChimaeraUltimo

Smash Cadet
I can comfirm that Corrin's DA has super armor on start-up. Actually powered an Ike F-Tilt at around 50, so it's a better OOS than it seems.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Not a combo. Better players will punish this hard.

Second, is Corrin the only character with advantage on ground release? Or is Bayonetta just slow? I've always thought both characters could move at the same time.
Both can move at the same time. The character that does the grab can't regrab though which means they must do an attack or back off. Shielding beats grounded grab release attempts 100% of the time even against the fastest jabs in the game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Last night I felt like I was able to do Jab -> Jab -> Dtilt. I didn't have a lot of time as I have a 9-5 deal. But I wanted to see if anyone else has been able to do this or has thoughts on it.

Thanks!
Merging to combo thread.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Sorry it has been taking so long. This site is very laggy due to the recent heavy traffic on this site so it may take a while before all the information you all have so generously compiled right before my very eyes can be put to sight for everyone.

Edit: Changed format and updated true combos off of aerials. Tilts are next.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Might be just me but it looks like
Dash -> Dash (~26%), and Dash -> Uncharged Fsmash (25%) on Bowser is possible at 0% (was on practice mode so no rage..). there's a few frames where if you're not fast enough they could spot dodge or roll away.. don't know if they can jump before the second Dash/ Fsmash but the computer can't seem to escape on Run.. can someone check if they can jump out or if the hit stun prevents them? I don't have anyone I can test this one since I only have 3ds right now and not in a good location for online battles atm.. :ohwell:

Top Bottom