• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin True Combos and Setups

Nextime

Smash Rookie
Corrin Combos (Training Mode, No Rage, No DI, and on Mario)

Register as True

D tilt – U tilt (27 – 37%)

Landing N air – F air (13 – 69%)

DFS – RAR B air (0 – 200%)

DFS – N air (10 – 200%)

DFS – F air (10 – 200%)

D tilt – U air (55 – 97%)

Landing F air – F tilt (0 – 30%)

F air – F air

Fair – U air

DFS – U air (65%)

DFS – F smash (25 – 200%)

DFS – Dragon Lunge

RAR N air – B air (30 – 65%)

Falling N air – F air F air (35%)

Falling N air – U air (25 – 75%)

F air – U tilt (40%)

FF U air – B air (30%)

FF U air – F air (30 – 50%)

F air – N air (40%)

Falling F air – U tilt (10%)

Falling N air – F air – U air (45%)

Falling N air – N air (25 – 55%)

Timing and Spacing for Falling N air and F air are a bit strict

Footstool (Do not register)

Falling N air – Footstool (30 – 45%)

Falling F air – Footstool (25 – 45%)

Falling N air – Footstool – Dragon Fang Shot

Does anyone know of any moves that can jab lock?

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Tested this against Mario.

B-throw to Perfect Pivot Fsmash is a good followup at 0 to 3% (it's possible to jump out, but an air dodge won't escape it if you slightly charge F-smash.) DI seems to prevent it from working at later percents. This only works against characters that have more or barely less fall speed than Mario.

Also, an air dodged Bair into tipper DL is a good semi kill confirm against most characters, but high air speed characters such as Ness can move towards you and Nair to interrupt the subsequent DL.

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Can I recommend something? Looking over the OP, I can't tell which combos start with falling aerials, which start with rising aerials, where a jump is needed, and a whole lot of important details that makes it hard to learn and practice them. That really needs to be added in to make it as easy as possible to learn everything.
Thank you for the feedback! I will change that. All of these have been falling aerials thus far. I wasn't able to work on it today because I went to this tournament up in portland.
Corrin Combos (Training Mode, No Rage, No DI, and on Mario)

Register as True

D tilt – U tilt (27 – 37%)

Landing N air – F air (13 – 69%)

DFS – RAR B air (0 – 200%)

DFS – N air (10 – 200%)

DFS – F air (10 – 200%)

D tilt – U air (55 – 97%)

Landing F air – F tilt (0 – 30%)

F air – F air

Fair – U air

DFS – U air (65%)

DFS – F smash (25 – 200%)

DFS – Dragon Lunge

RAR N air – B air (30 – 65%)

Falling N air – F air F air (35%)

Falling N air – U air (25 – 75%)

F air – U tilt (40%)

FF U air – B air (30%)

FF U air – F air (30 – 50%)

F air – N air (40%)

Falling F air – U tilt (10%)

Falling N air – F air – U air (45%)

Falling N air – N air (25 – 55%)

Timing and Spacing for Falling N air and F air are a bit strict

Footstool (Do not register)

Falling N air – Footstool (30 – 45%)

Falling F air – Footstool (25 – 45%)

Falling N air – Footstool – Dragon Fang Shot

Does anyone know of any moves that can jab lock?
Fantastic

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
So I noticed you can use instant dragon lunge to get the tipper while grounded. It completely caught my opponent off guard because of how fast it is.

D

Deleted member 189823

So do people actually take consideration of these? I don't bother with these because it a lot to have in mind, unless it's kill setups.

Not belittling your work, by the way. Thanks for the contribution.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
So do people actually take consideration of these? I don't bother with these because it a lot to have in mind, unless it's kill setups.

Not belittling your work, by the way. Thanks for the contribution.
I mean yeah, getting data on what strings work on what %s is pretty useful to know so that you can be effective. You don't exactly have to memorize everything, but its nice to know options.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Full hop fair true combos into the last hit of dragons ascent, a true combo that killed dorf around 115%. Likely not specific to him as well, will test now.

Edit: I think it works on everyone fh fair does at varying percents, sometimes you need to double jump and immediately use up b though.

Edit 2: Late hit of the dragon lunge kick true combos into two fairs at early mid percents. I posted about it earlier but it true combos longer than I thought.

Edit 3: Shff fair teu combos into an uair for the kill on I believe everyone at varying percents

Last edited:

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno

The last hit can not be avoided (even though the training mode says otherwise). The Airdodge startup is too slow and doublejumps aren't fast enough to get out of hitbox range.
Sometimes even the training mode counts this as a 3hit combo (the timing is strict).

Sheik was standing in the exact middle of the stage btw.

If the % is a bit lower, ff nair/fair to fullhop fair to doublejump neutral b does the same job as a 4hit combo

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice

The last hit can not be avoided (even though the training mode says otherwise). The Airdodge startup is too slow and doublejumps aren't fast enough to get out of hitbox range.
Sometimes even the training mode counts this as a 3hit combo (the timing is strict).

If the % is a bit lower, ff nair/fair to fullhop fair to doublejump neutral b does the same job as a 4hit combo
this is a ridiculously easy kill...damn.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990

awesome! I was actually looking desperately to link something into small-shot-Big-Bite Neutral B (SSBBB) amazing that it kills this early!

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
If someone would like to help me even the workload for setups PM me. It seems like corrin is king of setups and reads, honestly. There is so much potential with this character. Setups are combos that are not necessarily true, but they lead into each other quite nicely.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
this is a ridiculously easy kill...damn.
The percent and timing is strict though, it's similar to Mario's SH nair to jab lock in the sense that you have to know the percents it works. I tested it on Mario and it doesn't really connect properly until around 70%.

That said this is a really good set up to know. If I have time this weekend I'll try to start working on a list of characters and %s this works.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
If someone would like to help me even the workload for setups PM me. It seems like corrin is king of setups and reads, honestly. There is so much potential with this character. Setups are combos that are not necessarily true, but they lead into each other quite nicely.
yea, i agree. corrin's mix up game is great and you can stay unpredictable with her/him most of the time. he is not a linear character, and i really like that. regarding combos, corrin actually does have a lot of true ones (even though only 2-3 hit mostly), but they are all very similar. fair/nair to something, dtilt to something, pin to kick, DFS to tipper DL etc.

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid

Why is this hard for me?

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
Why is this hard for me?
cause you have to land the fair right before you hit the ground aaaaand you must really jump towards the opponent. you gotta be really fast and precise. otherwise, this wont be a true combo. and in a real match it can be hard to land such a late fair aside from hard reads or punishes, especially against very fast characters. that being said, if you get hit, it hits really hard. i like it so far.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So at around mid percents I was messing with half charged dfs at close range. If you wereto land this you should be able to footstool them. What this allows is a dair if they don't react and di in time, or more importantly a window of time where they cannot tech. With this in mind, and with a combination of at the least turn around dfs/the appropriate read, I believe we can keep dfs->fstooling as long as we properly read there option each time. But with just one dfs->fstool->dfs(uncharged even), we can kill with an aerial dl off true combo.

If this becomes a thing I propose we call this chain biting, or chain chomping lol, as I was somewhat inspired by chain choking as ganon.

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
cause you have to land the fair right before you hit the ground aaaaand you must really jump towards the opponent. you gotta be really fast and precise. otherwise, this wont be a true combo. and in a real match it can be hard to land such a late fair aside from hard reads or punishes, especially against very fast characters. that being said, if you get hit, it hits really hard. i like it so far.
yeah my only problem with this game is the camera, i can never tell how i high i really am when it pans.

GemZ

Smash Rookie
Extremely hard to pull off but, I just did a down air suicide spike into a foot stool- > up B for a 0-death while surviving. The timing is ridiculously precise and I did it by complete accident while in the lab with a friend, but if anyone can successfully recreate it I think it could be a great finishing move.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I think after a shield break, walking them to the ledge and dair footstooling them is the most optimal option.

Spire-hunter

Smash Rookie
At higher percents (say around 110%), grab your opponent and keep pummeling. While pummeling, hold forward (the pummeling will keep you from throwing). As soon as your opponent breaks free and as long as its not an aerial release, you can immediately pin them into the ground by quickly tapping b then a. Follow this up with the pin kick and you're usually rewarded with a K.O.

This technique K.Os earlier than his/her throws and even if it doesn't K.O, it deals much more damage:

U-throw: 9%

Pummel-pin:36%** (3 pummels at 3% each= 9%, pin= 15%, kick=12%)

** Could be higher than 36% depending on how many pummels you get in before they break free. I normally get in 3.

Also, I find this technique much easier to do when I assign one of my shoulder buttons to the Special Move. This allows me to pummel as much as possible without worrying about moving my thumb from A to B for the pin.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
At higher percents (say around 110%), grab your opponent and keep pummeling. While pummeling, hold forward (the pummeling will keep you from throwing). As soon as your opponent breaks free and as long as its not an aerial release, you can immediately pin them into the ground by quickly tapping b then a. Follow this up with the pin kick and you're usually rewarded with a K.O.

This technique K.Os earlier than his/her throws and even if it doesn't K.O, it deals much more damage:

U-throw: 9%

Pummel-pin:36%** (3 pummels at 3% each= 9%, pin= 15%, kick=12%)

** Could be higher than 36% depending on how many pummels you get in before they break free. I normally get in 3.

Also, I find this technique much easier to do when I assign one of my shoulder buttons to the Special Move. This allows me to pummel as much as possible without worrying about moving my thumb from A to B for the pin.
This is called GRIP (grab release instant pin). It's not guaranteed. You could shield it. Air release has some followups (I think) but grounded can be shielded by every character in the game.

Also now that it's brought up, is air release to fullhop DL a thing?

Spire-hunter

Smash Rookie
This is called GRIP (grab release instant pin). It's not guaranteed. You could shield it. Air release has some followups (I think) but grounded can be shielded by every character in the game.

Also now that it's brought up, is air release to fullhop DL a thing?
Ah, thanks. Didn't know it had a name already. It's worked pretty well for me so far, as I havent had anyone shield it yet. But I guess if they see it coming, they would know to.

Even with the possibility of them shielding, wouldn't it be worth it to try every so often? With 3 pummels being the same damage as the up or down throws, either they shield and you pin/kick away, or you get them and KO/ do roughly 36% damage.

Last edited:

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Even with the possibility of them shielding, wouldn't it be worth it to try every so often? With 3 pummels being the same damage as the up or down throws, either they shield and you pin/kick away, or you get them and KO/ do roughly 36% damage.
Most characters can punish the kicks on shield. Unless you throw yourself offstage. Most people don't like edgeguarding in this game. A simple F-throw/B-throw for positionning would be better, or a D-throw/U-throw at high percent.

Last edited:

Spire-hunter

Smash Rookie
Most characters can punish the kicks on shield. Unless you throw yourself offstage. Most people don't like edgeguarding in this game. A simple F-throw/B-throw for positionning would be better, or a D-throw/U-throw at high percent.
I see, so kick away would be ideal in this situation i guess. I just searched GRIP and found lots of useful information from a previous thread. I'll have to do some more testing on how I can work this into my mixups. Thanks!

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
The percent and timing is strict though, it's similar to Mario's SH nair to jab lock in the sense that you have to know the percents it works. I tested it on Mario and it doesn't really connect properly until around 70%.

That said this is a really good set up to know. If I have time this weekend I'll try to start working on a list of characters and %s this works.
As a falcon main before corrin (now my secondary :3) this reminds me of the down through to knee a little in that its not really true unless certain character or percent, but is a good 50/50 set up at most percents. Will be cool to test this.

Red Hawkwasp

Hauntkiller Stag

This is really useful, thanks. Even if it's tough to pull off consistently at first there's basically no reason not to learn how to do this on the offchance you get the opportunity to pull it off. Looks like another night in the lab is incoming!

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice

So been going through a little testing on this. Seems to be pretty legit on most characters. Yet characters with good away di make it very hardto combo into fair, and u have to hit close with fair. But if do this, and away di u can double jump tipper side b them for the kill.

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
I really want to try that combo but i really feel like the chances of me getting it off are very slim. Maybe if I break a sheild or something.

Click Klack

Smash Cadet
I'll be labbing for a combo that leads into a Dragon Ascent finish, so that I can use green Corrin and call it the Rayquaza Combo.

Let's see what I can make as a super long combo chain from a low percent.
ftilt > pin > cancel > dtilt > fair > uair > ascent
Yeah, this looks promising. Cancel, as stated above, is a mix-up, so it can be risky.
You've got a good taste in characters XD

CorinVid

Smash Rookie
NNID
CorinVid
Can you update the list with the combos I posted at the end of page 3?

Adrian Marin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5000-2987-6227
Adding pretty much Corrin's only optimal grab setups would be nice as well (the one I posted just earlier.) D-throw to SH Uair can also true combo against fast fallers of they don't DI away at very early percents.

Athrel

Smash Cadet
While it doesn't work on mario, I found that Dtilt -> Usmash works on a good amount of characters in different, small, percent ranges. While the chance for this might not come up often and it doesn't KO, I think it's important to keep in mind since it a. does 22% b. stales Dtilt which can help in setting up for Dtilt -> Uair a few percents later and c. Is one of the few times to get the full mileage out of Usmash. I didn't test it for the whole roster, but it works on these following characters and ranges.

ZSS 49-57%
Sheik 50-53%
MK 49-54%
Ike 57-67%
Diddy Kong 53-59%
Cloud 55-68%
Ryu 56-61%
Bayonetta 50-61%
Fox 49-54%

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Reverse hit of nair can combo into itself due to weaker hit up to 3 times.

With a platform extension, it combos into itself up to 5 times.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IazPbV4N5Gc

Thjs is what I was saying earlier, I messed up the timing but it worked out fine lol. Only way to dodge this, timed right, is to time your get up option since you can't tech(Or lay there,but both these options are rare without prior mu experience.)

00:40

I was trying to weaken their shield btw, but when they let go of shield I went from there.

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IazPbV4N5Gc

Thjs is what I was saying earlier, I messed up the timing but it worked out fine lol. Only way to dodge this, timed right, is to time your get up option since you can't tech(Or lay there,but both these options are rare without prior mu experience.)

00:40

I was trying to weaken their shield btw, but when they let go of shield I went from there.
In that spacing you had you could have just fsmash and he would have died.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
In that spacing you had you could have just fsmash and he would have died.
I know, these are friendlies though and I use them to test out my ideas. I plan to work on and refine this, and use more optimal moves. I will likely be back with a better example lol.

lanbobyonson

Smash Rookie
DFS Best True Combos/Follow Ups Guide:

For reference the fully charged DFS at 0% (including knockback stun)- is 2 seconds, uncharged is 1 second. At 50% uncharged DFS is around 2 seconds. Then add .5 seconds of stun per 50% and per every second charged. I didn't go too in depth with this so this is just a general idea. All of this is unstaled.

0%
*Obviously you won't be getting a fully charged DFS all the time but I used it as an example to make the stun I'm talking about more understandable, I also used it to make the %s look bigger. :p

Just starting at 0% to cover all %s. If you're somehow close enough to use a fully charged DFS then DFB then that's 33% or a shield break (and after a shield break you just do DFS to DFB anyway). This works at all %s.

If you somehow get a fully charged DFS like a rolls length away at 0% or a similar stun DFS at higher %s, the most reliable damage you can get is a dash attack for 24/26% most (SH DL being 25% and harder to hit). If you're too far away you can run in and get a grab pretty reliably for at least 22% (not counting pummels) since they'll be scared and in shield. If you hit the dash attack you can mix up any move you want to cover them approaching you. I usually do uptilt cuz people wanna jump over me.

Mid %s:
With a long enough stun starting around 10% with a fully charged DFS the best guaranteed damage is a dash forward IP DLK for a whopping 32% damage. Around the % where you can start getting fair true combos "Fair -> Fair -> Fair 25% 25-53%" that would be the most damage you could get; 38% with a fully charged DFS!
If you're too far away to follow up with IP/fair or if those option puts you in a bad spot off stage you can fall back on the dash attack or grab even. With 2 pummels you can do 2% more than the dash attack

DFS Kills Set Ups:
Later at 80-999% you should be able kill with fsmash depending where you are on stage, note at around 105% you'll have to angle your fsmash upward to hit them until their % is so high and the stun is so long you can hit them with fsmash while they're still stunned in place. From a rolls distance away you can get this hit confirm with an uncharged DFS starting at 62%.
If you can't make it to fsmash tipper SH DL on the back end of the stun is also a good option for killing at around 90-110% depending where you are on the stage.
And if you can't make it to do that up air (around 145%) or running up smash (around 92%) can also do the job if the up smash is a tipper.

Final Thoughts:
DFS fires at 15 and ends at 44 tho with the uncharged bite. The start ups 6 frames better than ZSS but the lag is 17 frames worse which just means it's more punishable if they space right. ;_;. It's still scary though. Especially with a super fast b reverse. :) DFS is a decently safe option and it can net tons of damage and is really good kill confirm. It does stale though so make sure to mix up your gameplay. :)

Idk why I spent so much time on this and hopefully some of this is useful information. If I am wrong on anything make sure to correct me. :p Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom