• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin True Combos and Setups

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Adding another spoiler for kill combos. Good work so far everyone!

Lazlo_Bananas

Smash Cadet
Just dumping some info that I typed up for a Corrin Meta page on Facebook :p. Hopefully helpful

Alright, so I’m gonna try and explain some mixups surrounding Dragon Lunge that I think can be useful. Keep in mind, these need to be labbed and tested with real people. So don’t flame me if something doesn’t work.

For instance, you can dair an opponent at low percents, quickly dragon lunge them into the ground, jump up and dair again. Maybe be possible to repeat if this is started at 0%. Either way, it may be worth looking to.

I also found what may be a kill confirm with the Dragon Fang if the opponent doesn’t tech after you pin them with Dragon lunge. It depends on your position but it looks like after a pin, you can jump up, fast fall down and b-reverse into a slightly charged dragon bullet thing (Imma call it Water Pulse), and fully charge the Dragon Fang bite (Imma call it Crunch). Might be able to kill.

One more combo I found with Dragon Lunge is to pin, jump up, regularly fall with nair, follow opponents DI for a somewhat guaranteed Fair to Uair. Not sure exactly what percents it may be best at. I’d start trying with mid percents.

Some other uses for Dragon Lunge is that it can be used to stick near the ledge so you can fly away from the stage and hit a high recovering enemy. You can safely upb back to the stage this way as well.

Some final tidbits from me: Dtilt, utilt, fast fall fair, and nair all seem to be combo starters. Jab, both regular and multihit are pretty good. Ftilt kills at high percents. Bair is a great spacing tool if you let yourself barely fall from the apex of a shorthop as well.

ONE MORE THING IF THIS IS REAL IT MAY BE PATCHED OUT. IF YOU CONTINUOUSLY WAIT FOR YOUR OPPONENT TO UNPIN FROM DRAGON LUNGE, YOU CAN QUICKLY PIN THEM AGAIN IF THEY CAN’T TECH IT. CAN POSSIBLY BE A PSEUDO INFINITE.

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
ONE MORE THING IF THIS IS REAL IT MAY BE PATCHED OUT. IF YOU CONTINUOUSLY WAIT FOR YOUR OPPONENT TO UNPIN FROM DRAGON LUNGE, YOU CAN QUICKLY PIN THEM AGAIN IF THEY CAN’T TECH IT. CAN POSSIBLY BE A PSEUDO INFINITE.
People can mash out of DL

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
I wonder if uncharged stun shot paralyzes like ZSS? cuz then you can charge the bite while they stand up for some massive damage and power. Imagine Dragon lunge pin-wait for cancel-stun shot (jab locks)-Bite (charged)

Lazlo_Bananas

Smash Cadet
I wonder if uncharged stun shot paralyzes like ZSS? cuz then you can charge the bite while they stand up for some massive damage and power. Imagine Dragon lunge pin-wait for cancel-stun shot (jab locks)-Bite (charged)
uncharged DF shot can lead to a full power bite at point blank

Eureka

Smash Ace
You can combo a fully charged bite from an uncharged dragon shot, even if the opponent is at zero percent. Also, as it's been said a few times by now, the opponent can just mash out of dragon lunge. There are no follow ups to be gained from waiting for dragon lunge to end..

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
You can combo a fully charged bite from an uncharged dragon shot, even if the opponent is at zero percent. Also, as it's been said a few times by now, the opponent can just mash out of dragon lunge. There are no follow ups to be gained from waiting for dragon lunge to end..
So what your saying is that the trailer lied to us, and that when facing anyone who knows slightly what they are doing, the cancel will pretty much never happen, even though it was advertised as one of the four main actions we were supposed to be able to do out of the DL.
Well that sucks.

Eureka

Smash Ace
So what your saying is that the trailer lied to us, and that when facing anyone who knows slightly what they are doing, the cancel will pretty much never happen, even though it was advertised as one of the four main actions we were supposed to be able to do out of the DL.
Well that sucks.
Well to be fair, it never said that you would be able to do anything after you canceled it, or that you'd be able to cancel it freely. I'm guessing what they meant was "let the move end" but "cancel" just sounds nicer. Or possibly at that stage in development you could cancel freely and they changed it between then and launch. Maybe you couldn't even mash out at that point and that's why it wasn't mentioned, who knows?

Last edited:

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
idk either way one would assume that when given the four options they would act the same. like why would they give the option to cancel as such one of the big four options to choose from? I mean lets be honest the cancel will probably almost never happen, so why even bother getting people's hope up? Unless it was changed after the trailers were launched (and that is a really big thing to change considering all of the cancel's applications), the advertising completely misrepresented the ability of the character. Its either really bad advertising or really misleading advertising.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
D Tilt to F smash charge from 0 to 30 percent is a combo

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Has anyone found any success from jab cancel -> d-tilt? It's a decent mixup, as it's relatively easy to do out of jab 1 and 2.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
How many of these combos register as true combos on training mode? I think most of these work on real players but I'm not consistent in getting all of them to register as true combos in training mode.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as we're putting frame traps in the OP too, might as well point out that against all but the fastfallers uair>uair is a frame trap when spaced correctly. Doesn't matter if they try to airdodge through it.

Uair>bair is a frame trap against the fastfallers.
Uair>nair is a frame trap if they DI well.

Watch out for airdodge>nair from the characters that have a quick nair like Mario/Yoshi. It can occasionally connect before the startup of our second uair.

If you poorly space Uair then Uair>Dair can also act as a frame trap, this is particularly good against opponents that attempt to airdodge>uair, but you've been warned not to use it against certain characters with very quick uairs.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Neither are true but both are nice mix ups

At early percents sh fair to dl

At mid percents sh dair to dfs tech chase(can lead to an aerial dl kill off of dfs)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Down tilt is great. No point in using grabs when you have a combo starter as great as down tilt.
My Rayquaza Combo (still labbing to see if it's true) - dtilt > utilt > uair > ascent - performed at 0%, deals about 37%
Down tilt also combos directly into Dragon Ascent, and at most low percents it's a true combo.

Another awesome true combo: Lunge pin cancel into Chainsaw Fsmash, or lunge pin cancel into fully charged Dragon Fang Combo
I doubt it. Was told that Draconic Ascent has around 18 frames of startup, it comes out too slowly to be comboed into for the most part (though sometimes it might work if you read an air dodge, I guess).

Yeah, it's a tech chase move. You bait an airdodge or aerial, and then respond with the move. KOs around 100 off the to platform of Battlefield, and can be combo'd into via down tilt at lower percents.

Regarding down tilt, here's some followup options:
Low percents- forward tilt, up tilt, neutral air, forward air, ascent, charge forward smash, grab, lunge
Mid percents- up tilt, up smash, up air, neutral air, forward air
High percents- up air, neutral air, back air sometimes works

Also, at very low percents, up throw combos into full hop nair, but it's not really worth it when the down tilt combos are so much better.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Shff fair true combos into usmash, rar bair, and utilt. It combos into utilt a bit longer via perfect pivoting.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
i've found that charged bite is good for frame trapping an air dodge it also stalls you in the air when charging the bite after the shot. i've been using it to edgeguard with some pretty ok results. what does everyone else think about this?

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
also shot to charged bite seems to be pretty good. i don't know what to actually use it for though. i've been using it to pressure low shields. or mix up peoples blocking habits. i think this tool should be explored more maybe.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Yo ,True combo/ kill confirm off DFS for all characters at all percents (kills at edge around 60's for light weight, 70's medium weights, 80's - low 90's heavy weights... DI and rage will raise and lower these). This is done by following up with a tipper aerial side b off a landed DFS (A pin off a quick lunge can combo even easier than aerial side b tipper and farther away, this does more dmg, but has less knock back/ kill power).. You can use less DFS charge at closer ranges (3/4 charge used in video) and your range may also dictate a SH or a FH into side b. Also character hit box size helps or hinders this confirm's range.

Example of this combo near the max of its range on mario at 71%( that I found... maybe someone better could do farther):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AytVGXSYEM8

Note** Aerial side b Cannot be comboed into with no charge DFS, 1/4 charge or above yes, but this is dependent on the range away (with less charge and more range away increasing the strictness of the combo timing). Quick lunge pin however can combo from uncharged, but requires quick hands.

Last edited:

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
Yo ,True combo/ kill confirm off DFS for all characters at all percents (kills at edge around 60's for light weight, 70's medium weights, 80's - low 90's heavy weights... DI and rage will raise and lower these). This is done by following up with a tipper aerial side b off a landed DFS (A pin off a quick lunge can combo even easier than aerial side b tipper and farther away, this does more dmg, but has less knock back/ kill power).. You can use less DFS charge at closer ranges (3/4 charge used in video) and your range may also dictate a SH or a FH into side b. Also character hit box size helps or hinders this confirm's range.

Example of this combo near the max of its range on mario at 71%( that I found... maybe someone better could do farther):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AytVGXSYEM8

Note** Aerial side b Cannot be comboed into with no charge DFS, 1/4 charge or above yes, but this is dependent on the range away (with less charge and more range away increasing the strictness of the combo timing). Quick lunge pin however can combo from uncharged, but requires quick hands.
This is pretty much Corrin's breed an butter. I find it easier to space DL tipper with the Side-B hop. (might even be faster) If they are too close I SH DL though.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Actually it can true combo off the minimum dfs charge when spaced properly and closer to the 100s. You need to run up and aerial dl behind them where they pop up and it's still true.

At 2:15 I pull it off twice off a tech read both below 100%

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml5HKHMnwKM

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty much Corrin's breed an butter. I find it easier to space DL tipper with the Side-B hop. (might even be faster) If they are too close I SH DL though.
It is MUCH faster to use grounded unless I've missed something.

For the aerial version you've got jumpsquat(5frames)+10frames for the aerial version of the move. The grounded version has no jumpsquat and hitbox can be engaged in 4 frames using instant dragon lunge, of course though that's not a tipper but I'm not sure if it matters at that percent because the forward kick knockback will probably kill anyway.

So 15 frames vs 4 frames. Everyone should learn to use gentle tilts on the directional stick for spacing this move as how much you tilt the stick determines distance you travel too.

Rockir

Smash Rookie
NNID
Parsa27
You can do fair to fair to fair to fair to fair to fair to fair to fair to fair to fair to fair. TO AN UP AIR!!!!!

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Has it been stated that if your opponent is around 70%, you can dair him offstage and foostool him just after it? BecauseI got it 3 times on real players, and its absolutely silly and is a garranteed stock.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
It is MUCH faster to use grounded unless I've missed something.

For the aerial version you've got jumpsquat(5frames)+10frames for the aerial version of the move. The grounded version has no jumpsquat and hitbox can be engaged in 4 frames using instant dragon lunge, of course though that's not a tipper but I'm not sure if it matters at that percent because the forward kick knockback will probably kill anyway.

So 15 frames vs 4 frames. Everyone should learn to use gentle tilts on the directional stick for spacing this move as how much you tilt the stick determines distance you travel too.
Oh ya its faster, it just has less kill power though and does kill off edge as well (does more dmg though).

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Actually it can true combo off the minimum dfs charge when spaced properly and closer to the 100s. You need to run up and aerial dl behind them where they pop up and it's still true.

At 2:15 I pull it off twice off a tech read both below 100%

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml5HKHMnwKM
ohh i see i was trying point blank and couldn't quit get the angle... gotta go for the launch on no charge. I see

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Has it been stated that if your opponent is around 70%, you can dair him offstage and foostool him just after it? BecauseI got it 3 times on real players, and its absolutely silly and is a garranteed stock.
If this is correct and footstools out of dair are guaranteed at specific percent then it deserves a thread to lab it out vs all characters. There are various situations where it's possible to guarantee a dair while edgeguarding. Sounds like a viable tool.

Last edited:

tibs7

Smash Champion
Last night I true comboed cloud with FF nair -> fair -> DJ fair -> uair.
% would've been around 40.
It's does 36% all up

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Can I recommend something? Looking over the OP, I can't tell which combos start with falling aerials, which start with rising aerials, where a jump is needed, and a whole lot of important details that makes it hard to learn and practice them. That really needs to be added in to make it as easy as possible to learn everything.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Specially silly when the stage has walls so you side b and make it back.

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. I am really not sure at what percentages I got this dair footstool, but it worked for sure. it indeed needs to be labbed, specifically because it could be a great setup if you got a stock ahead to get an early KO and still make it back on walled stages;

CorinVid

Smash Rookie
NNID
CorinVid
Nair to dsmash (front hit) worked on Mario from 4% to 15%. Tried to get it to work at earlier and later percents but couldn't seem to at all.

Edit: Also, uair to upsmash works on Mario, but only at 0%. Tried at 1% and it would not work. Does 20%. I should also add that the nair to dsmash does 19%.

Last edited:
Top Bottom