• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
was a bit surprised I actually rolled her

also dear lord she has Death Blow and a brave weapon but it only does -2 Speed

Why unequip the weapon though?
Not unequip, merely do not "learn" the 400 SP cost weapon, as after the merge, they combine their skills anyways.

Also, congratz!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So you know how we are getting FE Warriors maps in Heroes soon? The music tracks from those maps have been datamined and can be listened to right now.

However, the new best unit in my opinion isn't on the banner... it's the Black Knight.
As you could see from the stats posted above, he's a defensive powerhouse and, for some strange reason, he's as fast as, if not faster than, both Ikes! Not only that, but he has some amazing skills. His sword has built-in Distant Counter, he has a much more powerful version of Luna, and his A skill helps him out immensely in enemy phase.
I looked it up, and yeah, he has Eclipse, which means a new Special has finally been added into the game! Though it's called Black Luna for some reason.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Honestly, I'm not even mad, "wasting" DC+GoadArmor on Zephiel.

I can just put Zephiel and the Black knight on one team, sooo... Win win.

Also, can I say, that I fear the powercreep like nothing else? Back then, dragons were pretty strong, but had low speed to kinda balance things out. And now my Nowi collects dust, with newer units havin increasingly stronger stats.

At this point, nephenee is straight up an upgrade from Severa. I was okay with brave-heroes, but this... slowly gets concerning.
One thing that keeps the old units relevant is that you can still invest skill inheritance in them, if you want to use them, and a lot of newer units get thrown into the 4* pool after their banner is done. There is definitely some power creep going on, but the old units aren't irrelevant.

I just upgraded my Zephiel today in anticipation of having a nice armor team. I'm thinking of using him, Black Knight (when I get him), Amelia, and Effie as my team. Effie is still a 4*, as I haven't pulled her at 5* yet. I'm honestly thinking of building a 4*+10 Effie, since I have 4 Effies atm, but I haven't decided yet. My armor team will be a budget armor team, as I've never pulled Hector, so I don't have any DC to pass around.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Turns out that I won't have spend any orbs on this banner after all, as I got Elincia with the free roll! She's -Atk/+Res, so not really an ideal nature, but hey, at least I got her!

Edit: Oops, she's -Def/+Res, so not -Atk after all! Definitely fine with that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why unequip the weapon though?
I should've worded that better.
If you promote Black Knight to 5 stars, I wouldn't recommend you give him his signature weapon yet. When you merge the Black Knight that doesn't have it with the one that does, he will get his sword for free.
Unless you don't want to merge and just have a team of two Black Knights.

I looked it up, and yeah, he has Eclipse, which means a new Special has finally been added into the game! Though it's called Black Luna for some reason.
I dunno why they called it Black Luna and not Eclipse... it's confusing to me.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Elincia is so good, wow. I expected her speed to be high, but I wasn't expecting her attack to be so high too. Thanks to Amiti, her effective attack stat is just one point below my Cherche's... but with the speed to quad most things easily. That's crazy! She's a little frail, but that's pretty unimportant if your opponent is dead. I was definitely looking forward to when she came out, and I'm glad she's really good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Appearantly Black Luna is a more literal translation of the "Eclipse" skill. Eclipse is still a much better name, though...

Power creep is starting to concern me to, especially with Elincia. Brave Weapons are very powerful in the meta right now. I'm fine with having a legendary one every now and then, but having only a -2 speed penalty is just too much.

Also, FE Warriors's soundtrack is looking to every bit as amazing as I hoped it'd be. I can't wait until we get a clean rip of the You of the Dark/Light mashup from the demos.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Power creep is starting to concern me to, especially with Elincia. Brave Weapons are very powerful in the meta right now. I'm fine with having a legendary one every now and then, but having only a -2 speed penalty is just too much.
I've been seeing discussion on this, and tbh, the only real power creep in the game is the existence of Slayer Weapons.

But for the most part, power creep can easily be avoided through skill inheritance. Sure, there's stuff like Elincia's Amiti being uninheritable but for the most part, any unit can be made good with the right skill inheritance. The bigger issue is availability, especially since the 3-4* pull hasn't been updated since the start of the game.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I've been seeing discussion on this, and tbh, the only real power creep in the game is the existence of Slayer Weapons.

But for the most part, power creep can easily be avoided through skill inheritance. Sure, there's stuff like Elincia's Amiti being uninheritable but for the most part, any unit can be made good with the right skill inheritance. The bigger issue is availability, especially since the 3-4* pull hasn't been updated since the start of the game.
The 3-4* pool problem has been partially addressed. They flipped the odds of pulling a 4* vs pulling a 3*, meaning you're more likely to pull 4*'s than 3*'s now vs when the game was first released. This makes non-5* summons at least a little bit more diverse than before.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sure that you've all heard me complain about my +Defense/-Attack Sanaki in the past before, right? Well, let this be a testament to how bad IVs can usually be worked around. Thanks to Quick Riposte, she can destroy almost any not-blue ranged unit she comes across, including Brave Lyn. She can even beat +attack Celica if she has a defensive tile to hide on, and most red mages without one. Now I just need to figure out who to support her with.

Yes, I 5*ed and sacrificed a Henry to make this possible. Totally worth it.

I've seen a fair argument for Slaying Weapons, though. It's only powet creep if it scews the entire balance of the game. Killer Weapons were underpowered before, and slaying weapons aren't really broken.

If anything, the real source if power creep was Reinhardt. He's been overcentralizing the metagame since SI was introduced, and he's raised the standard for what makes a good unit since. Elincia may not be as broken as
him, but they likely made her as devastating as she is just because she has him to compete with - and despite being able to destroy almost anything in the game with the right build and flier boost, she's still not as good as him due to being a melee fighter.

And the star restrictions themselves are feeding the power creep. So many anti-metagame skills have been released (such as panic ploy) that there she be a lot of flexibility in dealing with horses and Mr.Magiciseverything, but they're locked at 5 stars. Luckily people could pull the anti-meta B!Ike for free, but with B!Lyn's inclusion at the same time, the Rein Train isn't slowing down any time soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Appearantly Black Luna is a more literal translation of the "Eclipse" skill. Eclipse is still a much better name, though...

I had a feeling this was the case with Black Luna. Eclipse just sounds a lot better.

I do think having a Brave weapon with a -2 speed penalty to be ridiculous. I wonder what goes through IS's mind when they think these things.

I do wonder why they created Slayer weapons. They're just Killer weapons, but better for their might.

The 3-4* pool problem has been partially addressed. They flipped the odds of pulling a 4* vs pulling a 3*, meaning you're more likely to pull 4*'s than 3*'s now vs when the game was first released. This makes non-5* summons at least a little bit more diverse than before.
I think the problem with the 3 star pool is less of the odds and more so who is a part of the pool. Since release, we have never gotten another unit who was a 5 star to be demoted to a 3 star. Some units are outright terrible and shouldn't be 5 stars, like Rebecca and Mist (the latter case being 5 star exclusive). If I was IS, I would demote some 4-5 stars to 3-4 stars.

If anything, the real source if power creep was Reinhardt. He's been overcentralizing the metagame since SI was introduced, and he's raised the standard for what makes a good unit since. Elincia may not be as broken as
him, but they likely made her as devastating as she is just because she has him to compete with - and despite being able to destroy almost anything in the game with the right build and flier boost, she's still not as good as him due to being a melee fighter.
Rein was mediocre before SI, but now he runs the meta. I think Rein should have his own tier just because when you make teams now, you need a dedicated Rein counter. I always have a Julia on my team just to be able to deal with Rein in Arena.
While Elincia is good and could compete with other sword units like Ryoma and Ike, she won't be as centralizing as Rein. Rein and Olwen are the only units with a brave weapon based on magic and Rein's attack can be ridiculous with Death Blow and horse buffs, which can be easily obtainable. Flier units, on the other hand, only have Caeda for Fortify Fliers at 4 stars and Hone Fliers is locked to Hinoka at 5 stars.
I feel like for there to be another centralizing unit like Rein (and let's hope this will never be the case), they need a brave weapon with magic.

I can see the rise of Armor Emblem with Black Knight and Arvis (if that part of the leak is real), but Armor March is locked to Amelia. That is another example of an upcoming power creep.

Astellius

Smash Ace

Also, FE Warriors's soundtrack is looking to every bit as amazing as I hoped it'd be. I can't wait until we get a clean rip of the You of the Dark/Light mashup from the demos.
Personally, I would have been upset if they hadn't given Elincia Amiti. It's one of the few legendary brave weapons in the series, and I think she should be able to quad easily with it, since that's one of the notable features for her from her source games.

I find it a bit curious that there's been such a spike with people talking about power creep now with Elincia, when she's not really going to change much about the game. Yet we just had the CYL event, and Bow Lyn came in and effected dramatic change on the meta. I don't think it's a big issue.

So far, skill inheritance has been able to keep most characters relevant, if one wants to put in the work on them. Case in point, your Sanaki! She came out nice.

Plenty of characters have been added to the 4* pool, and they switched the frequency of the 4* and 3* pools, so that helps.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
In my honest opinion... I am afraid of it, not concerned if it already happened.

You remember where Celica dominated high merged spellcaster teams, because her tome was sheer insanity? Now she's 'okay', still good, but not on the level it was believed to be earlier.
One-shots get harder and harder without Triangle adept or brave-weapons.

Its a good thing, its in an 'okay' state for now. The newest banner just gave nephenee a bit too much defense in my eyes, and the brave-weapon could have gone with 10 atk too, if it already had -2 speed as the "upside", with such an stat-spread on her.

Julia still kicks butt, Innes is an welcome awesome rendition we always needed against the flood of mage-emblem or blade-tomes, and reins.

Armor finally got some love, even tho I still consider amelias stats to be ridicioulous, and even the black knight is somewhere still -acceptable-, as he's a unit that can be one-shot still by mages.

I just worry that it goes someday -beyond- that. Like with the Slayer weapons. Killer weapons were straight up bad, and had to be replaced, thats okay. But if something else is deemed to be "too weak", and gets an upgrade, many many dedicated Units will have to grind feathers for their new superior weapon overlord.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Since we're talking about FE Heroes power creep, I saw an interesting article on it on the FE Heroes subreddit, which I'll link here. I feel like the reason people talk about power creep atm with Elincia is because people were forced to use Palla and Caeda as flier team reds, and neither of them had stellar offensive spreads, and so were considered "middle of the road" units, not like Cordelia or Cherche (to compare top tier melee fliers from other colors). Elincia blows the other two out of the water because not only does she get a legendary brave weapon with less downsides of having a brave weapon, she's also got great stats for an offensive-based unit (high speed and high attack). Many people that run flier teams will be replacing their Palla or Caeda with her, because tbh she does straight out-class the other two fliers, and it hurts. But it also hurts for the several months of having to put up with a flier that does the job with a gem weapon, but isn't as versatile as the other top tier fliers (again, thinking Cordelia and Cherche), so idk. I wasn't thinking of pulling on this banner extensively this time around, but seeing how good she is, I might try throwing a few more summons on this just to see if I get her. I have a back-up flier team I haven't used in a while, and having a second red flier sword would be fun.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Since we're talking about FE Heroes power creep, I saw an interesting article on it on the FE Heroes subreddit, which I'll link here.
I have just one comment to make:

One isn't allowed to "update" things that are already in the game. It's highly illegal for gacha games. Hence we get SI and updated Slayer weapons.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm going to clarify why I'm worried about Elincia - I'm not actually concerned about her in particular. I'm sure that when I start seeing her in the arena, it'll be really easy to exploit her low defense and possibly OHKO her with a physical nuke.

What concerns me is that her weapon just seems more powerful than what they would of put in the original game. I mean, we already had a legendary brave weapon before this - Reinhardt's and Olwen's Dire Thunder. That weapon has scaled might similar to Amiti, but it also has that same -5 speed penalty to balance it, as any other brave weapon does. So that makes me wonder why Elicina's Amiti doesn't. If Dire Thunder is a legendary weapon with a brave effect built in, Elincia's is one with a brave and a speed +3 effect built in, a double whammy we only got to see with CYL heroes so far (and hopefully won't be seeing outside of extremely special occasions again).

And mind you, power creep doesn't always happen all at once - hence the creep. And I feel like we're experiencing the first steps of a very gradual descent towards power creep. Granted, power creep is actually pretty manageable with it's only a gradual change, but it could be concerning in the long run, especially if we keep seeing uninheritable weapons got more and more powerful.

On another note, armors aren't concerning at all because they were extremely under powered before. If I ever ran into one in the arena, I'd laugh at the easy win. They were just too easy to isolate from their teams. Even Hector is a lot more manageable if you bait him with a sword instead of fight him upright.

Nah

Smash Champion
Personally I am not too concerned with potential future power creep in this game. Our opponent is always the AI, and an AI opponent is never going to be as dangerous as an actual human opponent, so that alone is enough to mostly (imo) balance out power creep. Y'know, unless they eventually put in something so incredibly borked that a unit can literally just be thrown into the middle of the battlefield with minimal support and kill literally everything easily.....which I think/hope they'd be smart enough to not do.

Personally, I would have been upset if they hadn't given Elincia Amiti. It's one of the few legendary brave weapons in the series, and I think she should be able to quad easily with it, since that's one of the notable features for her from her source games.
Really it's not even that, it would just be weird to not have her be able to wield it in this game for the sole fact that it's her signature weapon in both PoR and Radiant Dawn--it'd be like if they put in Ryoma but he could never use Raijinto.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Really it's not even that, it would just be weird to not have her be able to wield it in this game for the sole fact that it's her signature weapon in both PoR and Radiant Dawn--it'd be like if they put in Ryoma but he could never use Raijinto.
Snorts and looks at 'Berkuts Lance'

Jokes aside, they even were pretty nice and even gave Valter the cursed lance.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Since we're talking about FE Heroes power creep, I saw an interesting article on it on the FE Heroes subreddit, which I'll link here. I feel like the reason people talk about power creep atm with Elincia is because people were forced to use Palla and Caeda as flier team reds, and neither of them had stellar offensive spreads, and so were considered "middle of the road" units, not like Cordelia or Cherche (to compare top tier melee fliers from other colors). Elincia blows the other two out of the water because not only does she get a legendary brave weapon with less downsides of having a brave weapon, she's also got great stats for an offensive-based unit (high speed and high attack). Many people that run flier teams will be replacing their Palla or Caeda with her, because tbh she does straight out-class the other two fliers, and it hurts. But it also hurts for the several months of having to put up with a flier that does the job with a gem weapon, but isn't as versatile as the other top tier fliers (again, thinking Cordelia and Cherche), so idk. I wasn't thinking of pulling on this banner extensively this time around, but seeing how good she is, I might try throwing a few more summons on this just to see if I get her. I have a back-up flier team I haven't used in a while, and having a second red flier sword would be fun.
The article seemed well-reasoned. With respect to Palla and Caeda, Elincia does sort of power creep them, but that's sort of to be expected because they already had bad stat spreads, especially Caeda. Pretty much any introduction of a new red flyer would leave them outclassed. That's just how it's going to be, some characters are going to have more optimal stat spreads than others.

But I think that IS has done a sufficiently good job so far, with the minor exception of the slaying weapons. I'm fine with Amiti being stronger and a bit faster than the regular brave weapons. It's only the second legendary brave weapon in the game, and it at least reflects the qualities Amiti had in the original games.

And the game modes are sufficiently varied to encourage you to use a variety of characters. Arena and Squad Assault require you to have a variety of teams, and it's not like any character has been rendered unusable. Also, with the supports, we now have ways of patching up our favorite characters.

Yeah, that's a big part of what I meant when I said I would be upset if they didn't give it to her. I also wanted to point out that having her quad easily with it ought to be a feature, since that reflects how it was in the game. And that I wouldn't expect too many things like it to be coming in the future.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I have just one comment to make:

One isn't allowed to "update" things that are already in the game. It's highly illegal for gacha games. Hence we get SI and updated Slayer weapons.
This is a myth. The only thing that's illegal is forcing players to complete a set of characters summoned using the gacha to unlock or create stronger or more powerful rare characters, and I guess in China the companies have to post the summoning percent chances for units. They could nerf blade tomes and horse/flier buffs and whatnot if they wanted to.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That said, it's still really bad buisness to directly nerf in a gacha game. People throw fits when their mains get nerfed in Smash where they didn't spend hundreds or of dollars just to get their perfect IV +10 Blatetome Olwen. It's better to be sneaky about it and nerf them indirectly by introducing more counterplays.

I really hope were get some FE version of Pokemon's Unaware soon. All the better if it's not locked at 5*.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
This is a myth. The only thing that's illegal is forcing players to complete a set of characters summoned using the gacha to unlock or create stronger or more powerful rare characters, and I guess in China the companies have to post the summoning percent chances for units. They could nerf blade tomes and horse/flier buffs and whatnot if they wanted to.
Huh, the more you know. Thanks for clearing that up tho!

But as Zachmac said, in Gacha games it makes for a really bad decition marketingwise. If things get changed on a whim, people will keep complaining why their favourite character isn't as strong as someone like Reinhardt.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I agree, but things like stacking blade tomes and horse buffs makes a lot of the game's content significantly easier due to how overpowering they are. I use a team with a horse blade in arena because of how much easier it makes arena. I also personally skip on horse and flier leads because I don't want them ruining my arena run. I put my horse team on defense, and this season I've already got 4 defense wins.

The team at the top is my defense team. Cecilia is a gronnblade user. Roy and Reinhardt have fortify cavalry, Cecilia and Eldigan have hone cavalry. I shudder to have to face my own defense team lmao.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Is it bad that i completely forgot that Arena Defense exists?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I agree, but things like stacking blade tomes and horse buffs makes a lot of the game's content significantly easier due to how overpowering they are. I use a team with a horse blade in arena because of how much easier it makes arena. I also personally skip on horse and flier leads because I don't want them ruining my arena run. I put my horse team on defense, and this season I've already got 4 defense wins.

The team at the top is my defense team. Cecilia is a gronnblade user. Roy and Reinhardt have fortify cavalry, Cecilia and Eldigan have hone cavalry. I shudder to have to face my own defense team lmao.
I personally avoid using my Horse-Team, as their BST and points won't get you as high as say with an infantry or armored team.

Heavy Blade + Aether Celica is honestly the most fun unit I ever had in this game even, and gives so many bonus points that she negates her lower BST from not being melee. The rest are also legendary weapon users, and so on, and so forth, otherwise I couldn't even dream to -stay- in tier 20... which I don't even manage right now anymore, sadly. It's an constant up&down.

But I digress, I think tho that blade-tomes are fine as they are. IS got pretty good counter to it, and rewarded creativity to coming up with ways to play around units. I am simply more worried about "-emblem" buffs, like hone fliers/ect. Since they are just too strong. +4 to two stats would have been quite fine already, as they double the effectivity normal hones have, the +6 is just a bit too much.

Is it bad that i completely forgot that Arena Defense exists?
Well, you get free feathers anyways from it, so shouldn't be too worrysome. I am one of the people that even uses up the remaining swords I have for a loss in intermidiate difficulty enemies to 'gift' people wins.

Edit:
I -love- that you use Eldigan.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually got 7 defense wins with an Amelia/Zephiel/B!Lucy/Merged Ninian team. Having a high rating is appearently important for defensive teams because a single death will cause someone to surrender to reset their score. Heck, I'm one of those people who surrenders when a team member dies.

Even my summoner support Fury 3 Amelia couldn't keep me in tier 20 though. The cut off is harsh this season.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Edit:
I -love- that you use Eldigan.
Eldigan is a great unit lmao. He's got great bulk for handling Hector, pretty much the one unit the horse mages struggle with. He's been a reliable part of my horse core for a long time. Though, now that I have brave Roy, he might get cycled down to my secondary horse team after this season, tbh. I was able to run 4 horses this season thanks to Roy being the bonus unit, but next season someone's going to need to be rotated out for a bonus unit.

I like how consistent my horse team is, regardless of who is on my opponent's team. Now that I have +1 Roy and have put 2 merges on my Reinhardt, my score might be high enough to rotate into tier 20 this season. Hoping so at least.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Hey guys, been a while.

A lot of stuff has been announced since I've last been here. Firstly, Warriors. I'm not particularly excited for Lyn's inclusion but I'm happy for her fans. The box leak does seem to be completely real by this point, though the most interesting thing is Navarre. Navarre is not on the box at all, which makes me believe there's actually more characters than we think. Who knows, maybe Azura still has a chance. Pleeeeeeeease

As for Heroes, I got a +Speed -Res Nephenee. Not bad at all! Still trying to go for Elincia as I also really want her. I wouldn't mind Oscar either since he's a lot better than people initially thought.

As for BK... whoo boy did they really want to make him broken. Fast, really tanky on the Defensive side, hits hard, has built-in Distant Counter in his weapon, and Black Luna has a cooldown charge of 3... give him Steady Breath and Quick Riposte and he'll be proccing it almost every turn.

But not to fear, I have something to handle the inevitable BK flood in Arena.

IMG_9145.PNG

I am ready!

Incidentally, I think FCorrin is a terribly underrated unit. She has really served me well as a defensive tank and she's also incredibly fast for a tank. Not many things can double her. In fact, she's usually the one doing the doubling!

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
As for Heroes, I got a +Speed -Res Nephenee. Not bad at all! Still trying to go for Elincia as I also really want her. I wouldn't mind Oscar either since he's a lot better than people initially thought.

As for BK... whoo boy did they really want to make him broken. Fast, really tanky on the Defensive side, hits hard, has built-in Distant Counter in his weapon, and Black Luna has a cooldown charge of 3... give him Steady Breath and Quick Riposte and he'll be proccing it almost every turn.

View attachment 132722

I am ready!

Incidentally, I think FCorrin is a terribly underrated unit. She has really served me well as a defensive tank and she's also incredibly fast for a tank. Not many things can double her. In fact, she's usually the one doing the doubling!
The thing about F!Corrin is, she'd be soooo much better, if she just had more Atk. But I see, you went the Felicia route with her, giving her the super-charged special. It's really devestating.

Otherwise, nah. BK isn't terribly broken. The only real broken build on him seems to be Steady-Breath, and I am not entirely sure how many people will sacrifice their ike for it.
Zephiel outclasses every single stat but Speed with him.

Since my Zephiel manages to counter-kill mages and survive them fairly well. BK looks like something even my Sanaki can attempt to oneshot (sadly). And the fact that his max merge will be +1 for a long time, means he won't do quite as well as the Dragonfanatic.

... thats of course only my opinion. BK is still quite an nice Player phase unit regardless.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Firstly, Warriors. I'm not particularly excited for Lyn's inclusion but I'm happy for her fans. The box leak does seem to be completely real by this point, though the most interesting thing is Navarre. Navarre is not on the box at all, which makes me believe there's actually more characters than we think. Who knows, maybe Azura still has a chance. Pleeeeeeeease
I actually dismissed the leak and saw it as a clever photoshop (because after the infamous Rayman leak, i stopped trusting leaks, unless there is actual evidence supporting it or it's Coro Coro). So i was pleasntly surprised to see Lyn. Of course, from a PR standpoint, it kinda makes the developers look bad. Things would've gone much better if the "don't want too many swords" statement was never said.

Lyn being confirmed (including the sprite) also confirms Celica. And with Navarre being leaked, i have a feeling we'll be seeing Alm as well, as having Celica but not Alm would be really weird. And yes, i definitely want Azura in the game. IS actually considers her to be the main protagonist of Fates, so it'd be weird not to have her the real reason i want Azura is because she is best Fates girl.

BK isn't terribly broken. The only real broken build on him seems to be Steady-Breath, and I am not entirely sure how many people will sacrifice their ike for it.
Zephiel outclasses every single stat but Speed with him.
On the flip side, Black Knight requires less investment than Zephiel. Zephiel may have better stats but in order for Zephiel to be good, he needs Distant Counter, which requires sacrificing a Hector. Black Knight, on the other hand, has a built-in Distant Counter with Alondite, which frees up his A-Slot for something good, like Death Blow. Add in his unnaturally high speed and the first new Special since the game's launch, Black Luna, and Black Knight will probably be the main Armor unit that people (especially F2P-players) use. I know that for me, Black Knight will be the only Armor i use (at least until i get Amelia and two Hectors, one to sacrifice so Zephiel can have Distant Counter....this won't happen for like 20 years. When Arvis rolls around, i'll use him too, assuming he's an Armored Mage).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I
On the flip side, Black Knight requires less investment than Zephiel. Zephiel may have better stats but in order for Zephiel to be good, he needs Distant Counter, which requires sacrificing a Hector. Black Knight, on the other hand, has a built-in Distant Counter with Alondite, which frees up his A-Slot for something good, like Death Blow. Add in his unnaturally high speed and the first new Special since the game's launch, Black Luna, and Black Knight will probably be the main Armor unit that people (especially F2P-players) use. I know that for me, Black Knight will be the only Armor i use (at least until i get Amelia and two Hectors, one to sacrifice so Zephiel can have Distant Counter....this won't happen for like 20 years. When Arvis rolls around, i'll use him too, assuming he's an Armored Mage).
True true. Meant it more like, for the people who already invested in zephiel don#t have to think that now they can never use him again, and built him for nothing. BK is an -awesome- addition for F2P without a doubt.

And honestly, I am so stocked for Arvis... I really wish he becomes a armored mage. Just unsure if another red unit fits into my team... I even got a Takumi from way back that sees barely any use anymore, so happy to finally have something worthy for him.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Hey guys, been a while.

A lot of stuff has been announced since I've last been here. Firstly, Warriors. I'm not particularly excited for Lyn's inclusion but I'm happy for her fans. The box leak does seem to be completely real by this point, though the most interesting thing is Navarre. Navarre is not on the box at all, which makes me believe there's actually more characters than we think. Who knows, maybe Azura still has a chance. Pleeeeeeeease

View attachment 132722

I am ready!

Elincia is really good, I've been having a lot of fun with her. Hope you get her! She completes my main Flyer Emblem team, along with her companions of Est, Cherche, and Summer Corrin. But she's also quite amazing all on her own! I was really looking forward to her, and I ally-paired her with my Brave Lucina (whom I am summoner-supporting). They'll both be able to take out BK when he rolls around!

Your Corrin is quite impressive! She definitely gets quite fast with the summoner buffs. Have you considered putting Lightning Breath+ on her so that she'd have distant counter? But it's also a little weaker, so maybe she likes the extra attack and debuffs better, and also not having the extra cooldown time for specials. I'm eventually going to make a 5* Corrin, but I already have Summer Corrin, and my 4* Corrin does fine for things in Arena Assault, so it's pretty low priority right now.

The thing about F!Corrin is, she'd be soooo much better, if she just had more Atk. But I see, you went the Felicia route with her, giving her the super-charged special. It's really devestating.
Actually, Atk matters a bit less for the dragons, since they do magic damage and Res is often a dump stat for the units they usually face. The dragons are usually tanking melee units, so they can easily tank the high attack/high def units and destroy them because of the low res, and they can often have really good setups to proc their specials against the others.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
BK actually has a budget alternative to Steady Breath - Quick Riposte 2. Combine that with Quickened Pulse, and he should be able to trigger Eclipse on anything that attacks him.

Thankfully there is a simple counterplay to Steady Breath and QR - don't attack him, let him attack you.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
BK actually has a budget alternative to Steady Breath - Quick Riposte 2. Combine that with Quickened Pulse, and he should be able to trigger Eclipse on anything that attacks him.

Thankfully there is a simple counterplay to Steady Breath and QR - don't attack him, let him attack you.
That reminds me an awful lot of Hector...

But am more talking compeditively, aka human players, not AI. Since you can trick the AI rather easily anyways.

D

Deleted member

The Tempest Trial Bonus Units have been revealed and I was pretty much correct.
40% is Ike, Elincia, Nephenee, and Oscar.
20% is Soren, Titania, Mist, and Black Knight.
And thank god Ike is a 40% bonus unit because I didn't want to use Oscar. :p

I did try to pull Mist, but I wasn't able to. Thankfully I did get a Klein, so that was a free Death Blow 3 to Cherche.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
https://mobile.twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/910079322571948032

A new poll regarding Fire Emblem Warriors has been released and it asks which sample from a new Bond Conversation you want to see. The options, in order, are
  • Leo x F!Robin
  • Elise x Lissa
  • Camilla x Frederick
  • Lyn x ??? (new character that has yet to be revealed but will probably be revealed if this option wins)

D

Deleted member

https://mobile.twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/910079322571948032

A new poll regarding Fire Emblem Warriors has been released and it asks which sample from a new Bond Conversation you want to see. The options, in order, are
  • Leo x F!Robin
  • Elise x Lissa
  • Camilla x Frederick
  • Lyn x ??? (new character that has yet to be revealed but will probably be revealed if this option wins)
I'm not surprised that the ??? option is winning. After Lyn getting in, I know a lot of people are hopeful that their favorite FE character not from SD, Awakening, and Fates makes it in.
I hope that mysterious character is Ike. Makes sense considering they are the top two most popular on the CYL poll.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I'm pretty happy that Ike is a 40% bonus unit, I've had him and Titania (who I have used a lot) since their original banner. I haven't used my Ike in a long while, so it'll be fun to use him in TT this time lol.

I've been summoning a little bit on the new units banner, but I'm pretty much only sniping reds for Elincia, so I haven't done too many actual summons yet, and haven't gotten her. Fingers Crossed.

Also, arena tier 20 hype! We'll have to see if I'm able to maintain tier 20 past this season though lol.

As for FE Warriors, I'm still holding out to see if they add Roy or Alm. If they add either of those guys, I'll likely get the game when it's released. If not, I'll probably wait until I can purchase a used copy for less.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh boy I rolled an Ike with my free summon!
Oh no he's -attack. Whelp, he's not going anywhere without B!Lucy or hone attack support.
That reminds me an awful lot of Hector...

But am more talking compeditively, aka human players, not AI. Since you can trick the AI rather easily anyways.
Yeah, but we're going to see a flood of BK in the arena soon, so it's important to be prepared. I do expect him to be the new Hector when it comes to bringing him down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom