• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I guess I should've added the word "arguably" then, because in most places I see on the Internet, I notice Corrin and Roy as the protagonists getting the most flack.
LOL most of it is just people complaining over nothing. People didn't like Roy because his gimmick is that he's basically perfect. He never had to make any hard decisions, and seems to automatically know the answer to every problem. Corrin is the polar opposite; he seems to never know the right answer to any problem and consistently makes crappy decisions that show an inconsistent character development arch. The fact that the same people tend to complain about both as major problems is just proof that the internet can't make up its mind about what a well-written character is.

I don't think Corrin is a poorly-written character at all. Rather, I think the reason he comes off as complete garbage is because Fates' script is complete garbage. The only characters that were relatable via the main story (for the most part) were Takumi and Leo because they're the only ones who respond in a realistic fashion to the problems they're confronted with. Luckily, other characters are given the opportunity to shine through amazing supports. Corrin doesn't have amazing supports, however, and is therefore held down by the games cruddy writing.

As for said "cruddy writing," I found that Fates' story was great, easily better than Awakening's. I did, however, have a hard time appreciating it for the same reason I believe most people don't appreciate it at all: the dialogue and the script does a very poor job at doing the characters or the plot justice. If one were to just write out Fates' story in plot summary form, I guarantee it would seem like it had potential to be a great story to any experienced writer. One can't say the same for Awakening's story, though. It's so garbled and messy, with a very vague and unclear progression. Half the events don't even relate to one another. I'm not saying Awakening is too episodic; episodic story telling is fine. Rather, the story is just messy and rushed. The reason people loved Awakening's story so much despite all its major flaws is because the writing was so characterful and well-formed; it all flowed so well and felt so alive. Because of its amazing writing, Awakening's world and characters seemed a whole lot more endearing. One can't say the same thing about Fates. While there were a lot of dumb decision with the story's overall progression (especially Conquest's), Fates' story is much better than Awakening's. The execution of the plot is its only real flaw. Corrin makes so many bad decisions, which wouldn't be a problem except he later decides the aforemade decision is pointless without even informing us of this revelation. In other word, he's constantly contradicting himself through his own actions. The best example is in Conquest, where in the first half Corrin goes out of his way to avoid killing anyone at all costs and then later decides that proving to his siblings that their obviously evil father is evil BY CONQUERING ANOTHER COUNTRY is more important than sparing human life. That is inconsistent writing at its best. Birthright Corrin is just plain boring. Revelation Corrin learned later in the game that its okay to not trust someone, but that bit of character development (the only legit development he had) was overshadowed by Revelation's meh story. Corrin is a perfect reflection of Fates' story: it was ambitious and had potential to be amazing, but ended up falling flat on its face.

The reason I call Fates' story ambitious is that it aspires to explore a realistic, heavy theme: the morality behind the choices we make and the unavoidable consequences of each decision. That's a much more philosophically deep tone than any other Fire Emblem game. My greatest grievance in this world is that it didn't quite turn out right.

While I understand why people don't like him, I found that, speaking in terms of what he was originally intended to be, Corrin is the best-written Lord in the series. I think his ideals (the consistent ones, anyway) are more admirable than those of any other Lord.

I feel obligated to post this same rant wherever I hear people dissin' on Corrin.

I could also post a rant about why I think Roy is also appreciable as a character, but I've done that so many times on Smashboards, I don't know if it's worth the trouble. :emptysheep:

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I guess I should've added the word "arguably" then, because in most places I see on the Internet, I notice Corrin and Roy as the protagonists getting the most flack.
With Corrin, i do kinda understand, but Roy gets hate for no reason. People only hate him because he promotes so late, but so do Eliwood, Hector (in Hector's tale) and the Renais twins, yet no one complains about them. And Marth doesn't promote at all.

There doesn't seem to be any Valentia, Tellius, Jugdral or Magvel characters. Later updates maybe? I could see them planing to update the game with Valentia to tie in with the release of Echos, at least.

I wonder if we'll see any Laguz when and if Tellius is released, and what colors on the triangle they'd represent.
They did confirm that characters will be added in as time goes on. Same goes for the story.

It also seems like they'll be prioritizing the fan favorites first, so we may see more polls in the future.

It makes sense why not all the characters are in. Even Archanea, Elibe, Ylisse and Fates are missing some characters. They didn't want to overwhelm people with 500+ characters at once.

People didn't like Roy because his gimmick is that he's basically perfect. He never had to make any hard decisions, and seems to automatically know the answer to every problem.
Wait. If that's the case, then why the heck is Sigurd so popular? I smell hypcorasy.

D

Deleted member

My luck just activated this morning and I got him! I FINALLY GOT HIM!
I FINALLY GOT TAKUMI IN MY PARTY! I GOT THE ONE CHARACTER I WANTED THE MOST!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just rolled Lucina last night. I mean, I've already got Leo in my party, so I've already got the red-unit-with-a-legendary-weapon department covered, but it's still good luck having her in my collection. Here's to hoping I get Hector next - Beruka's strength is really struggling.
It makes sense why not all the characters are in. Even Archanea, Elibe, Ylisse and Fates are missing some characters. They didn't want to overwhelm people with 500+ characters at once.
Not to mention that every character in the game has 4 high-quality portraits. Even if its from various artist, that is a lot to draw.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Wait. If that's the case, then why the heck is Sigurd so popular? I smell hypocrasy.
EXACTLY. Honestly, I don't care who the heck the majority deems is "cool." Generally speaking, the majority opinion is
hypocritical, uninformed, and overall tasteless. I love both Roy and Corrin. They're my favorite lords, and I don't care what anyone else thinks. :p

But if Roy and Sigurd have similar problems, and I hate Sigurd but love Roy, does that make me the hypocrite?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Not to mention that every character in the game has 4 high-quality portraits. Even if its from various artist, that is a lot to draw.
There's also the fact that every character has voice acting. In a series with 500+ characters, getting voice acting for all of them will take a while.

Either way, once Jugdral and Tellius characters get in, people will be throwing their money at the game faster than a max-speed Swordsman. Jugdral and Tellius are the most popular continents after all.

Astellius

Smash Ace
For the most part, I forgot to vote in the battle ballot (oops!), so I ended up only officially voting for Minerva and Lucina. I also noticed that you could vote without linking your account, so I cast votes for Micaiah, Mia, Nino, and a few others by loading some private tabs (to make up for not voting for most of it). That sort of voting system is pretty susceptible to abuse though...

I just started playing the game on my computer last night, and it's pretty fun, except when I get the 803-3001 error, which is a pain. On my first rolls, I got 3-star Bartre (true blah), Selena (great!), Clarine (awesome!), Palla (good), & 4-star Fae (okay). Clarine was one of my best characters from Binding Blade, and Selena was always great for me. I then went back in the summoning area, not realizing that you couldn't leave once you saw colors available, and so I summoned a Gordin (lol Gaggles), so that was total waste of stones.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
But if Roy and Sigurd have similar problems, and I hate Sigurd but love Roy, does that make me the hypocrite?
I suppose it depends. Roy has some flaws gameplay wise. Meanwhile, Sigurd is perfect in everything, both story and gameplay-wise. I hate characters like that (unless it's intentional, then it's fine). Roy having flaws gameplay-wise still makes him feel human, which is why i like him. On the other hand, Sigurd's just this perfect being who never struggles, which is why i don't like Sigurd.

You could use the Sigurd argument against Corrin but, as you said, Corrin himself isn't the problem, it's Fates' script that's the problem. Meanwhile, FE4's story was good but Sigurd isn't.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I finally beat CONQUEST on HARD MODE!!! Woop WOOP!!! Camilla had capped speed and nearly capped defense as a Wyvern Lord, which I had always neglected to reclass her as in previous outings. Needless to say, she was the MVP of this playthrough. This was the only time I have successfully played with a Falcon Knight Azura as well, and let me just say that I think Warding Blow is a great skill regardless of class and makes Azura that much more useful as a Songstress. I was going to save them as einherjar, but my plans were ruined, however, as Corrin was the only one alive at the conclusion of the endgame. :rotfl: (Plus Selena. They were paired up.) Later in the endgame, when all of those self-destruct Faceless came charging at my team, my forces were slowly killed off as I struggled to keep up with their shear number. It was impossible - I even gave Effie a Brave Lance and Odin Excalibur, using dual strikes to squeeze as much damage out of those two as possible, then trading them off and going on the defensive. The only reason Corrin lasted so long was because he kept triggering Dragon Fang and one-rounding all the Faceless. Plus he had Lifetaker. Whenever he had taken a bit of damage from the final boss, I would just go kill some Faceless and heal myself. Using this method, he lasted three turns longer than anyone else did, and manged to take the final boss down.

I suppose it depends. Roy has some flaws gameplay wise. Meanwhile, Sigurd is perfect in everything, both story and gameplay-wise. I hate characters like that (unless it's intentional, then it's fine). Roy having flaws gameplay-wise still makes him feel human, which is why i like him. On the other hand, Sigurd's just this perfect being who never struggles, which is why i don't like Sigurd.

You could use the Sigurd argument against Corrin but, as you said, Corrin himself isn't the problem, it's Fates' script that's the problem. Meanwhile, FE4's story was good but Sigurd isn't.
Maybe it doesn't even matter if a character is well-written or not; maybe everyone just judges the main character by the story. That would explain everything. Well, almost everything.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Speaking of Roy, I just got him in Heroes, 5-stars--my first five star one! 'bout time, since I've been getting really crap with the rarities, only 2/15 have been more than 3 stars (the other being the 4-star Fae). His strength is super high--at level 1, he had strength equal to my level 14 Est, who previously had the highest strength. That'll be useful!

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Just got a five-star Lyn!!! :happysheep:

Plus a four-star Bartre, a three-star Gwendolyn, Oboro, and Setsuna, but who freaking cares.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the legendary weapons? Lyn came with the Sol Katti; I checked her skills, and it was part of her learnset. Roy, on the other hand, currently has a silver sword but can't seem to obtain the Sword of Seals. Can only five-stars obtain their legendaries?

Astellius

Smash Ace
Just got a five-star Lyn!!! :happysheep:

Plus a four-star Bartre, a three-star Gwendolyn, Oboro, and Setsuna, but who freaking cares.

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the legendary weapons? Lyn came with the Sol Katti; I checked her skills, and it was part of her learnset. Roy, on the other hand, currently has a silver sword but can't seem to obtain the Sword of Seals. Can only five-stars obtain their legendaries?
Nice! And, yes, that's correct, the weapons are "skills," and, the higher the rarity, the higher level skills they can learn (weapons are "skills"). I believe you can look at the possible skills they can learn if you go to their portrait, or maybe it's from the edit skills menu? Don't remember off the top of my head, it's something like that. You can't see the skills for better rarities in the "Learn Skills" menu, so that's why the Sword of Seals doesn't show up there. Also, it seems that summoning a five-star character unlocks a special little video (or, well, probably just for lords, it would be a lot if they did that for every five-star summon! Or maybe it doesn't need to be a 5-star, just videos for certain characters?) that can be viewed in one of the miscellaneous menus. I had one for Roy, and that was pretty cool.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also, it seems that summoning a five-star character unlocks a special little video (or, well, probably just for lords, it would be a lot if they did that for every five-star summon! Or maybe it doesn't need to be a 5-star, just videos for certain characters?) that can be viewed in one of the miscellaneous menus. I had one for Roy, and that was pretty cool.
That's because Roy is a "Focus" character. Basiaclly, characters that are "Focused" have a slightly higher chance of appearing than regular 5-stars. In addition, "Focus" characters will have a small cutscene play when you get them, regardless of star ranking. My friend got a 3-star Robin and the cutscene played, because Robin is a "Focus" Hero.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Fire Emblem Heroes results have been posted:

-Ike and Lyn remained as the winners for the male and females respectively.
-Top 10s on both haven't changed for the most part, at least from what I remember from the midterm results. Leo managed to make the top 10 for males, while Male Corrin ended up being eliminated from the top 20 completely. Nowi managed to take the 10th slot for the females

The Fire Emblem Heroes website have also posted the full Choose Your Legends results. Glade from Thracia 776 ended up getting the lowest votes.

Thoughts on the final Fire Emblem Heroes results:

-Ma Boi Takumi has managed to keep his top 10 spot! I know he didn't change his place at all since the midterm results, but I'm really happy to see he still did this well. I find it funny that Leo ended up being immediately behind him in the end.

-Chrom still remained 4th, and while it would've been nice if he moved up a little, I'm happy he did this well.

-Nowi is in the top 10? Aw yeah! Glad to see one of my favorite Awakening characters move up from her previous 11th place position.

-Sakura managing to make top 20 in the end is a pleasant sight too.

-The remaining Fates royals that didn't make the top 20, Xander, Ryoma, and Hinoka, managed to finish side-by-side in the end. They got 42-44th place respectively, so they practically bubbled. Nice to see Hinoka placed 44th too. I feared she was going to do much worse.

-Oboro at 60th place? Not bad, not bad. I wish it could've been higher, but this will do for now. Same feelings with Laslow and his 69th place.

-The Kitsunes ended up being the more popular Beastkin characters agains the Wolfskins. Selkie did much better than Velouria; the former got 59th place, while the latter got 84th place. Kaden and Keaton's results were much closer though, with Kaden at 76th and Keaton at 78th. I'm happy the Kitsunes did better though. I liked them more than their Wolfskin counterparts.

-I'm satisfied that Hinata got that 185th place. I wish he'd do better, but I know he isn't a popular character, so to see him not placing below the 300th spot was a relief to me.

-Gregor at 180th though... how can the greatness that is Gregor not have scored any higher?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Thoughts on the poll results
Ike and Roy getting special costumes, let's go! Oh yeah, the second place winners, Roy and Lucina, will also be getting the special costumes that Ike and Lyn are getting as well. Roy is one of my favorite Lords so i'm glad he's getting special treatment. I do wish that PoR Ike and RD Ike weren't counted as separate characters.

Dorcas making it to the Top 15 was most likely a result of the FE7 American commercial. Male Corrin got rekt out of the Top 20 and replaced by Eliwood. I prefer Eliwood to Corrin, so i'm ok with this, even if i do like Corrin.

As for the female side of the poll, i'm glad Lyn and Lucina won. Tharja being in the Top 3 upsets me though.

I'm glad Azura and Nowi made it to the Top 10. Nowi was one of my MVPs in Awakening and Azura is one of my favorite characters in the series.

As for the entirety of the results, Olivia landed in 48th and Lilina in 49th. I personally wish that they were a bit higher but i'm alright with it. Sigurd is in 55th place. Wait. 55th? 55th?! Isn't he supposed to be like, the best Lord ever? I would actually place him lower though. Like, way lower. Ninian ends up at 100th, which, i hoped she would be higher, but her placement is fine. 10 places lower than her, Sophia, ranks at 90th place. I do wish she was higher but Top 100 is fine.

Seliph is at 102th place. Seeing FE4 characters get these placements is ironic, considering that FE4 is the most popular FE next to Path of Radiance. Lyon at 115th place. Ouch. He's the best written villain in the series imo. He should be much higher. Hawkeye at 371st place hurts me. He's an amazing unit, scoring criticals left and right (he's a Berserker).

Overall, i like these results. I do feel that some characters deserve higher spots but i'm ok with this. There's roughly 791 characters in the series right now (i say roughly because some of the characters on this poll were duplicates). It's to be expected that a lot of characters get overlooked.
The special costumes versions of the winners will be obtainable by summoning. I am hoping that, once they are in the game, they are there forever. Imagine how unfair it would be for someone to miss out on these characters after they voted because they had bad luck. I hope Nintendo is smart about this.

Oh, as for that commerical i mentioned in my thoughts:

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion

....well, suppose I'll have to take that. Could've been a lot worse.

Though I will never understand why Tharja is so popular. I don't really even hate the character it's just that I don't see what's so exceptional about her either.

also for some reason there's a blank spot about 5 places up, what's the deal with that, like a blank space did better than me wtf

D

Deleted member

Full thoughts on the poll:
-I'm glad Ike and Lyn were both the winners of their polls, I feel like they deserved it. I also feel like Lucina deserves her placement, but I don't feel like Roy does other than his Smash popularity.

-The man, the myth, the legend Takumi is top 10 for males. Hell yes.

-I'm actually surprised that Tharja is not only top 3 for females, but managed to get more votes than any male that isn't Ike.

-Hana is top 100, so that makes me happy. I thought she would do a lot worse.

-How fitting that Laslow is number 69.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Nowi is top 10

I am okay with this.

(Kinda wished Soleil or Keaton got top placings, but whatever)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Though I will never understand why Tharja is so popular. I don't really even hate the character it's just that I don't see what's so exceptional about her either.
Same reason Camilla is - a lot of people like to fantasize about having a half-naked women obsess over them. :/

Astellius

Smash Ace
Overall, I'm pleased with the results. I like Lyn a lot, so it's good to see her rank so highly, and, well, it should be obvious I like Lucina. They also decided that both the #1 & #2 characters will be getting special outfits, so Lyn, Lucina, Ike, & Roy will all be getting those--nice! Top 10 of male & females will be getting special wallpaper art, so I'm pretty excited about that, since I like almost all of those that made the top 10 quite a bit. Really, there's only 1 person in that group that I sorta don't like (won't name her, since it appears other people like her quite a bit!). Since there's 19/20 that I really like, I have no real room to complain, lol.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Nino and Mia in the female top 20, they're two of my all-time favorites. But, Dorcas, lol, really? That high? Donnel too?

I wanted to see Tiki make the top ten, which got me to thinking who the game splits affected the most, i.e., who might've made top 10 but for the splits? I looked at some of the most obvious candidates and added their votes from the different games together, and here are the results:

Females:
Tiki: 16,523
Anna: 14,918
Mia: 13,354
Selena/Severa: 10,743

Males:
Odin/Owain 11,639
Gaius/Asugi: 10,288

With that tally, Tiki would move up to #6, and Anna would be at #8. Micaiah and Nowi thus would be pushed out of the top 10. Mia ultimately wasn't affected, because she got slightly less votes than Micaiah, and Micaiah was pushed out of the top 10 under the new tally, so yeah. So Tiki and Anna were the two females most hurt in the ranking as they were edged out of the top 10; thus Micaiah and Nowi benefited the most from the split. Severa would've made it into the top 20, but that doesn't get anything.

With the males, the split only hurt Henry, because Ike occupies two slots in the top 10. Combining the Ikes would've made room for him in the top 10. I don't especially care for Henry, so lol.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I got my first 5-star!

5-STAR HAWKEYE, LET'S GO!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Huh...I'm just happy some my favorites even made the top 100.
-Well, no doubt Lyn dominated the polls for the females and she earned in. After having played The Blazing Blade through the end, I can now say she really is an amazing character.
-No surprise Tharja made it to the top 5. I guess I have a thing for characters with a dark, or rather cold personality.
-Leo at number 19 sounds good to me...although I believe he should've been placed above Takumi (no offense to any of you Takumi fanboys here).
-Lon'qu placing on top of Gaius surprised me a bit but I'll take it.
-Felicia at number 29? How awesome is that? She always puts a smile on my face, which sounds weird.
-Xander is above Ryoma? Oh yeah.
-Kaze is at 70, eh? Well, at least he placed higher than his brother Saizo, wherever he's placed at.
-Not bad about Matthew's placing. I'll take it.
-And why would I wanna forget about my favorite female archer that is Setsuna. At least I'm happy as long as she's happy that she made it at number 85.

While I don't feel like doing this for all of my favorites, let me just say I'm glad others like Hector, Hinoka, Selkie, Laslow, Keaton, Sumia and Ninian all made the top 100 list. I don't feel like going over those that are ranked 101 and onwards. Overall, the polls looks satisfying enough for me.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
:starman:
TAKUMI HYPE!!!
:starman:

Screenshot (5).png

Thoughts on the ballot:

• Glad to see mah boi Takumi got ninth place!
  • Leo and Rabinz gained respectable positions in my eyes. A little surprised that heRobin got higher than Leo or Takumi, but whatever.
  • Pleasantly surprised to see Ephraim get so high.
  • I'd say Hector DEFINITELY deserves at least third place for males.
  • Lyn is great character, but there's no doubt in my mind now that she's a bit overrated. I feel the reason people tend to jump on well-written female characters more than males is because the market is so starved for them; usually, the only strong females in video games are the "I'm super tough and buff and scary" archetype. That's both unrealistic and a little offensive in my opinion. With characters like Lucina and Lyn, Fire Emblem has managed to introduce strong females that are both realistic and relatable; that's another reason to love the series. While I sympathize with anyone who idolizes Lucina or Lyn, I still can't help but feel people overhyped them just a little. I love Lyn, but if I had to choose between her or Hector, I'd choose Hector any day. That said, I do think she deserves first place for females.
  • Camilla and Tharja getting so high is just disheartening. It causes me to lose faith in the masses.
  • Ike deserves first place. He's not my favorite character by any means, but whenever I try to think of the character who fits the word "legendary" or "heroic" more than any other hero in the series, Ike is the only character who comes to mind.

also for some reason there's a blank spot about 5 places up, what's the deal with that, like a blank space did better than me wtf
Wait, didn't Nah make it into top twenty?

Nah. :troll: So cold...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Which reminds me, I don't get why Camilla is ranked so high up. For a character who sounds like an old witch trying to steal a person's soul, I don't see what makes everyone so fond of her.

Hell, I don't get how even Peri ended up making the list. She should've been like the lowest of the low in my opinion.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Which reminds me, I don't get why Camilla is ranked so high up. For a character who sounds like an old witch trying to steal a person's soul, I don't see what makes everyone so fond of her.

Hell, I don't get how even Peri ended up making the list. She should've been like the lowest of the low in my opinion.
Camilla probably got top because of her design. And I guess some people would like her character (????) but I'm not one of them

As for Peri, I guess people find her cute? In the Japanese version, she can be pretty cute, but not to the point where I want to hug her

I'm wondering how Donnel got so high. Was it because how good Aptitude was?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Camilla probably got top because of her design. And I guess some people would like her character (????) but I'm not one of them

As for Peri, I guess people find her cute? In the Japanese version, she can be pretty cute, but not to the point where I want to hug her

Whatever the reason they have for liking the character, all I can say is that she just ain't my type.

Peri? Cute? Two words I would never use in a sentence.

I don't speak for them but me personally, Donnel is a cool guy. He's basically a country boy, like myself.

D

Deleted member

Definitely because of her design and I guess people like her as a character. I'm not a fan of Camilla either... she made my decision to go to Hoshido a lot easier.

I wouldn't call Peri cute. She's just cruel and evil... killing people without remorse, no matter how evil or even innocent they are (she almost attacked a village for no reason).

I think he's loved in America more so than Japan. With Aptitude, he can gain absurd stat growths and pass that skill to his children. Then if you promote him to a Hero with Armsthrift, he could basically use weapons an infinite amount of times with his 48 luck stat. (Armsthrift, in case you don't know, occasionally doesn't let you use a weapon depending on your luck stat x2, so he has a 96% chance of not using a weapon)

Troykv

Smash Master
Overall, I'm pleased with the results. I like Lyn a lot, so it's good to see her rank so highly, and, well, it should be obvious I like Lucina. They also decided that both the #1 & #2 characters will be getting special outfits, so Lyn, Lucina, Ike, & Roy will all be getting those--nice! Top 10 of male & females will be getting special wallpaper art, so I'm pretty excited about that, since I like almost all of those that made the top 10 quite a bit. Really, there's only 1 person in that group that I sorta don't like (won't name her, since it appears other people like her quite a bit!). Since there's 19/20 that I really like, I have no real room to complain, lol.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Nino and Mia in the female top 20, they're two of my all-time favorites. But, Dorcas, lol, really? That high? Donnel too?

I wanted to see Tiki make the top ten, which got me to thinking who the game splits affected the most, i.e., who might've made top 10 but for the splits? I looked at some of the most obvious candidates and added their votes from the different games together, and here are the results:

Females:
Tiki: 16,523
Anna: 14,918
Mia: 13,354
Selena/Severa: 10,743

Males:
Odin/Owain 11,639
Gaius/Asugi: 10,288

With that tally, Tiki would move up to #6, and Anna would be at #8. Micaiah and Nowi thus would be pushed out of the top 10. Mia ultimately wasn't affected, because she got slightly less votes than Micaiah, and Micaiah was pushed out of the top 10 under the new tally, so yeah. So Tiki and Anna were the two females most hurt in the ranking as they were edged out of the top 10; thus Micaiah and Nowi benefited the most from the split. Severa would've made it into the top 20, but that doesn't get anything.

With the males, the split only hurt Henry, because Ike occupies two slots in the top 10. Combining the Ikes would've made room for him in the top 10. I don't especially care for Henry, so lol.
Personally, I wouldn't able to fusion Young Tiki and Old Tiki votes because Fire Emblem Heroes treat them as different characters.

Young Tiki (2,298 + 4,431) = 6,729
Old Tiki = 9,794.

For the general character's popularity your count actually works, but this game have already separated Tiki and... Tiki (and they pretty much appeals to different kinds of fandom with their extremely different design, one been a young flat-chested girl, and the over a busty but adorable fully grown woman.); even with the merged votes, Micaiah would still be in the Top 10... but now just in the edge.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Definitely because of her design and I guess people like her as a character. I'm not a fan of Camilla either... she made my decision to go to Hoshido a lot easier.
I don't like her design because she looks weird and I don't like how she treats Corrin like she's some overprotective mother not wanting to see their kid grow up.

I wouldn't call Peri cute. She's just cruel and evil... killing people without remorse, no matter how evil or even innocent they are (she almost attacked a village for no reason).
Did they ever explain why Peri became so fond of killing random people just for the hell of it? I don't remember and it's been over six months since I last played Fates.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Did they ever explain why Peri became so fond of killing random people just for the hell of it? I don't remember and it's been over six months since I last played Fates.
Basically, her mother was killed by one of their servants but Peri didn't know which one so she killed every servant she was suspicious of. Her father didn't care and Peri developed into the psychopathic person she is.

Peri wouldn't have been a psychopathic killer if her father taught her the difference between right and wrong
image.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always found it funny that you're supposed to like Peri but hate Hanz. Hanz actually seems a lot more stable then Peri - the only reason he's the bad guy is because his loyalty is in Garon rather than Xander. There's also that Hanz is an ugly, bald old guy while Peri is young and has pigtails and a child-like demeanor, and a lot of anime fans are suckers for that.

On a different note, I'm kind of satisfied with what I have now. There's still some characters I'd like, but I'm thinking I'll save my orbs for when Tellius and Magvel get released, or if there's a focus character I really want. It'll lower my chances of rolling the same characters again to.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Roy has something that sets him apart from every other Fire Emblem character: his design. Why? Well, because he is the only FE character who was redesigned for Super Smash Bros and now that design is being used in pretty much everything regarding him.

These designs do vary slightly but they are all inspired by his Smash 4 design which pretty much makes Roy's Smash 4 design canon. And this is great, because it ties back to his origins. Roy's first ever video game debut was in Super Smash Bros Melee, not Fire Emblem.

I have a feeling that if Binding Blade gets remade, they'll be using his Smash 4 design or something inspired by it.

Troykv

Smash Master
Roy has something that sets him apart from every other Fire Emblem character: his design. Why? Well, because he is the only FE character who was redesigned for Super Smash Bros and now that design is being used in pretty much everything regarding him.

These designs do vary slightly but they are all inspired by his Smash 4 design which pretty much makes Roy's Smash 4 design canon. And this is great, because it ties back to his origins. Roy's first ever video game debut was in Super Smash Bros Melee, not Fire Emblem.

I have a feeling that if Binding Blade gets remade, they'll be using his Smash 4 design or something inspired by it.
It's really interesting how Smash (specially Melee and Smash 4) have affected so much the Roy's popularity, interpretations, VAs, and even design; they go so far that even appears in official games and is reflected in thing like the Heroes Ballot (the Second most voted male, the Fifth most voted overall)

What Fire Emblem is being remade again? Also, Do you guys wanna see some Captain Falcon action?
Shadows of Valentia is a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden.

D

Deleted member

What Fire Emblem is being remade again? Also, Do you guys wanna see some Captain Falcon action?
Fire Emblem Gaiden is being remade as Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia on the 3DS.
Yes, I want to see Captain Falcon in Fire Emblem. I would actually spend money to get him in Heroes.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I forgot to mention this earlier, but I managed to go through two more rounds of summoning in Fire Emblem Heroes: one two days ago, and one just now.

The summoning from two days ago is on the left, and today's summoning on the right:

That's right folks, my second 5-star: it's Young Tiki! Looks like she's going to be going on my team (I've heard good things about her). Marth was my third Focus Hero pull, and he seems to be similar to Corrin: a hard-hitting sword-user with decent defenses here and there. I also got two Firs, but with Corrin in the picture, I'm probably going to bench them. Definitely not planning on using Draug at this point.

With today's summoning, I got another Draug on the first pull. My second pull gave me my third 5-star unit: Roy. He's looking to be another hard-hitting sword user like Corrin, so he's probably going on my team. Caeda looks decent too. Nino will probably be sent away, and Setsuna... not the Hoshidan archer I wanted.

Also, I managed to beat Chapter 9-4 Normal on my first try. I used a team of Male Corrin, Niles, Lissa, and Felicia. Niles started out with some bits of damage on the Mysterious Man, but after taking a hit, Felicia came in and did the rest. There then came a point where the Axe Knight was proceeding with a Troubadour behind him. The Bow Knight hanged around the bottom portion, while the Mysterious Man was around the top portion. I think Lissa defeated the Bow Knight first, leaving only the Axe Fighter, the two staff users, and the Mysterious Man. Corrin managed to defeat the Axe Fighter, and then the Mysterious Man swooped in to kill Lissa thanks to his skill. There came a critical moment where I had to sacrifice Felicia so that she could wittle enough damage for Corrin to kill the Mysterious Man in one blow. Corrin then went down to the remaining staff user, but Niles managed to win it in the end thanks to activating his skill to take out that enemy unit.

It definitely wasn't an easy battle, so it was both surprising and happy for me that I cleared it in one-go, but with the cost of losing most of my units.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got myself my first 3 gold 5-star summons in one session in the form of Linde, Takumi and Roy along with Laslow and good ol' Setsuna, whom I'll definitely gonna be using as my main archer obviously. I'll put my 5-star characters to use as well, especially Roy.

Prior to that round, I also got Hana, Hinata, Beruka, Cecilia and Raven, which is not bad. I'll probably put Hinata and Cecilia to use while the rest will sit on the bench for the time being.

I'm gonna have to tone down on summoning more heroes at this point because I don't want to keep wasting money buying more orbs so I'll just stick with the characters I have now and train the ones I'm gonna be using.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know how I said I was going to save my orbs for a later update? Well, I caved in and gave it one more roll. This time, I got a 4-star Female Corrin and a 4-star Fae, so I don't regret it at all. Never played FE6, but that Etrian Manakete is going on my team in place of Beruka. I might even consider throwing in Corrin in place of Oboro since she's a blue unit, but I don't think a team of 4 magic units is really that great of an idea.

Speaking of caving in, I went ahead and preordered the Alm and Celica amiibos so I wouldn't have to worry about stock issues later. We don't even know what they're going to do yet, I just want the pretty figurines.

Last edited:
Top Bottom