• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Strangely enough, i've fought my fair share of Takumi's and i've beaten most of them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Haven't found anyone else with Takumi in their team on those Arena Duels at this point, which I started recently just to get more of those light feathers. So far, it's proved to be a challenge.

Speaking of Takumi, I got him myself but I don't use him as my main archer despite being a 5-star character.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Strangely enough, i've fought my fair share of Takumi's and i've beaten most of them.
Did any of them have Fujin Yumi and Close Counter? Those are the two breaking factors.

Haven't found anyone else with Takumi in their team on those Arena Duels at this point, which I started recently just to get more of those light feathers. So far, it's proved to be a challenge.

Speaking of Takumi, I got him myself but I don't use him as my main archer despite being a 5-star character.
I wish there were a way to trade characters... :sadeyes:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Beat all of the story levels on Lunatic just so that I could get orbs for a pull tonight, hoping to get a Renais Twin. It tooks a couple Lights Blessing and Stamina Potions off My Nintendo, but I don't have anything else to spend those points on anyway.

I got 3-star Sophia, Stahl, Gunter, and Inigo, with Inigo being the only one of the bunch who's new. Really not that impressive. Or it would be, if I didn't get a 5-star Eirika on my 3rd roll, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm sorry Lucina, but you're going to have to be stepping down from my team soon enough.

Now I'll just pretend Leo is actually Lyon. They're both princes and summon zombies and stuff, they're close enough.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Did any of them have Fujin Yumi and Close Counter? Those are the two breaking factors.
Fujim Yumi yes but not too sure about Close Counter. There may have been one. I don't go on Arenas too often.

I have yet to find a Hector with Distant Counter. Heck, i have yet to find any Hector.

I did another roll. No 5-Stars. I JUST WANT ONE OF THE FOCUS CHARACTERS, GAME PLS! Ok, i get that they are supposed to be rare but c'mon, i'm seeing people pulling 2 to 3 5-stars in the same roll. It's only a matter of time before i see someone pull 5 5-Stars in the same roll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I feel you, I really want another 5-star summon, but to no avail. I did 2 more rounds of summoning, the first one yielded a bunch of 3-stars that I won't use, while the second one actually gave me four 4-stars: Caeda, 2 Ogmas, and Nowi. I might use Caeda, since her Support Fliers skill looks really good, it would help out Est. Don't really need Nowi, Corrin is my main beast character, with Fae also being useful sometimes. Fae would be more useful if she had a strong attack or strong defense, but she's not much good in either department. My main team right now consists of Roy, Est, Corrin, and Clarine (all in the lvl. 32-35 range). Olivia, Fae, and Cecilia occupy supporting roles. It's difficult to level up, since everything takes so much stamina, and the enemies seem to be too strong sometimes, killing off most of the units before the battle is over (and thus also robbing them of experience). It would be nice if the stamina costs weren't so obscene at the higher levels, and if you got more orbs for doing the difficult maps.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just beat all nine chapters of the story during my lunch break earlier. I might play through it again on the hard difficulty just for those extra orbs, though I wish it was more than just one for each part.

My recent round of summons was rather pointless on my part: another 3-star Laslow and two 3-star female Corrins (...urgh...) I did, however, get two new ones, which were two 4-stars Chrom and Eliwood, which is still something and plan to put them to use.

My main team right now are Roy, Stahl, Setsuna and Felicia though I also use Linde, Caeda and Matthew.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For anyone that's interested in figurines, Good Smile has announced a Sakura Nendoroid is in the works.

Glad to see the Hoshidan little sister joins the nendoroid club alongside her Nohrian counterpart.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

This Cipher artwork of Chrom as the Risen King is 10/10.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today is the 1st year anniversary of Fire Emblem Fates' release in America! Looks like the Sakura nendoroid was announced just in time for that.

Today is also the birthday of not one, but two characters! Happy Birthday to Felicia and Flora, the maid sisters that are the daughters of the Ice Tribe's chief!

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Having had the game for a while now, I thought I'd post my thoughts on it. For context, I so far have not spent a penny on it:
  • I like how RNG light the battles are, in that you cannot miss attacks and abilities work on a fixed cooldown. It actually feels a little closer to Advance Wars in that regard than Fire Emblem, and think seeing this style applied to the main series could be interesting if done right.
  • That's not to say there isn't luck. There's summons of course, but the inability to preview maps and choose your unit's starting locations is annoying.
  • I love the kind of emerging stories the game can provide. My current lineup of go-to characters is Abel, Marth, Olivia, F!Corrin and Felicia (happy birthday!), and it has caused me to like each one more than I would have just going by their main games. The fact that you can't simply select who you want forces you to improvise, and you can get some interesting compositions as a result.
Overall, I am really happy with this game, which is the first surprise of 2017 for me. If they can keep up support, which does seem like it with a mode using your friend list on the way, then I can see myself playing this for a while.

Now if only we can get Cipher.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Another Fire Emblem Heroes update. Here were the results from my last summoning a few days ago:

And so now I have Cain and Abel, both of which are 4-stars. Funny how I have the Cain and Abel characters for both FE1 and FE13 (and they are all 4-stars for that matter).

I don't see myself using Wrys, so I sent him away. Lon'qu was a cool summon, but with Roy in the picture... yeah.

4-star Hana was a nice surprise. She comes with an Armorslayer and the Life and Death skill, but again, I doubt I'll be using her much with Roy in the picture.

I also got another Olivia. This time, she's a 4-star. I'll probably start using that instead of the one I have because my initial one was just 3-stars.

I just received my 20th orb, so I'll be doing another summoning shortly. Let's see how it goes!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm almost done with the Lunatic levels of Heroes. After that, getting Orbs will be harder, since i don't have money for buying them, which means i'll only be able to get them via Log-in Bonuses. Man, i really wish you could get them at the Training Tower, even if they were a rare reward.

In other non-Fire Emblem related news, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will have Celtic-inspired music as well as vocal tracks. I can't wait to hear them, especially since this music will be part of a series that arguably has the best music out of any Nintendo series.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I'm also almost done with the Lunatic levels of Heroes as well, I just have 3 more stages to go! However, these last stages look like they'll be a real pain, since the other side has 5 characters, all level 40 with terribly ridiculous stats and skills. At this point, I acutely feel the need for another 5-star character, as my 4-star characters are just pretty much immediately destroyed upon contact.

I think, at this point, I'll just take my time to try to finish those last levels. It's not like I dearly need 3 orbs for any immediate reason. I recently did a summoning (didn't get anything good), and I'm 4 orbs away from another summoning, so that's just tomorrow and the day after that's login. I'll work on getting my team up to level 40, to see if I think I can do those last three levels with just one Light's Blessing each. Right now, Roy is the only one at 40, but Est is 38, Corrin is 37, and Clarine is 35. Of my secondary characters, Cecilia is 31, Olivia is 30, and Fae is 27. I'm thinking that maybe it might not be so bad to get say, Abel & Ogma up to level, since they use brave weapons. These last few levels will require kamikaze tactics coupled with at least one Light's Blessing each, so the brave weapons would be useful.

Also, the arena is a nice area to gain some levels, at least if you pair some lower level characters with some higher level ones. I've acquired an absurd number of arena crests, so this has been a nice way to level up.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would have to get at least another 5-star character summon if I'm ever gonna play through the story levels on lunatic cuz I think having only three 5-star characters isn't enough. I wanted to make my Stahl, Setsuna and Felicia into 5-star characters but I'll end up with no hero feathers in the process so I'll just hold on to those. Most of my main characters right now currently range between levels 20-28 and I will continue training them. I'll do another round of summoning once I acquired enough orbs from the story missions and log-in bonuses.

Oh, and happy belated birthdays to the twins Flora and my favorite, lovable maid Felicia!

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Just finished all the chapters on Lunatic.

Welp. There goes one source of free orbs. Now I have to rely on missions, special maps and app release/weekend login bonuses. The app release period will end too, eventually... I really don't want to resort to dropping real money on this game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm never going to spend money on this game, because I know I'll regret it. I absolutely despise the business model it uses. I'm not opposed to free-to-pay with huge benefits to paying players, but gosh dang it, orbs are expensive for what they are. You could get the entire second Fates DLC pack for $8. Buying 23 Orbs, which equates to just 5 random heroes, cost $13. Yeah, I know it's the industry standard, but this is a case where I really, really don't like the standard.

I'm not opposed to paying to a free-to-play game, but mirco-transactions in general really upset me. Games based on those are designed with two types of players in mind - those who play entirely for free and those with absolutely no control over their wallets. There's rarely a good option for the middle ground.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

I'm going to kill this game. Only Kagero is new here. Everyone else, i already have. GAME PLEASE, I JUST WANT ANOTHER 5-STAR! PREFERABLY ONE OF THE FOCUS CHARACTERS! PLEASE, I ONLY HAVE 1 5-STAR! Ok, real talk, the Focus Characters should not be that hard to get if they are, you know, Focus characters. What's worse about the current banner is that, the Focus characters there are 5-Star exclusive, meaning, once the banner ends, the already low chances of getting them will drop significantly. This wouldn't be so bad if there were easier ways of getting Orbs. Put them in the Training Tower, please.

In happier news, here are 3 new screenshots from the Chinese version of Fire Emblem Echoes (which is the first Fire Emblem game that will be officially localized in China)

This is likely from the opening scene of the game. This scene leads into...

...this scene show a young Alm and Celica showing their birthmarks as proof of their friendship.

What's interesting here is that Alm has an Iron Sword when in the original Gaiden, he just had a "sword". We already know that no weapon durability is confirmed and it looks like they'll be handling it the way Gaiden did it so this could just be an aesthetic change. Or maybe the Iron Sword is treated as a special weapon just like Levin Swords and Javelins, so you'll need to equip it over the regular sword before you can use it.

The app release period will end too, eventually... I really don't want to resort to dropping real money on this game.
I think you can still get them from the Log-in Bonus, but it'll just be one free Orb instead of two.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What's this? Free orbs if I use full teams only using one weapon type?

Time for Beruka and her three new level-one axe-wielding sidekicks to hit the 3rd stratum.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
URGENT NEWS REGARDING THE NINTENDO SWITCH!
http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/02/20/nintendo-switch-online-service-user-ids-now-available-claim/
You can now put in your User ID for the Switch's online service. Claim your desired ID username before it's taken by someone else.
Aw yeah, I managed to snag the name WyvernLord! Too bad it doesn't remember capital letters....so now its just wyvernlord. :/

I would of considered taking the name Zachmac, but honestly, my username is kind of stupid and I would of dumped it a long time ago if I hadn't built myself such a presence on Serebii forums in the past. Maybe I'll change my Smashboards username one day - I'm only really known here in a couple of threads.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My full real name will do just fine for me. I don't do fancy usernames based on gaming, entertainment, pop culture and the like.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, I just completed all of the Lunatic levels on Heroes! I thought I would spend more time leveling most of my main characters, but, instead, I decided just to use some shards to level up some of my Olivia's to where they could use dance. Since I planned on using a Light's Blessing for each of the the last 3 stages, why not try to kamikaze them in the most effective way possible? So I did 9-4 with just Roy and 3 Olivia's. Lol. 9-3 was Roy, Est, Cecilia, and Olivia, and 9-5 was Roy, Corrin, and 2 Olivia's. I'm pleased with how that worked out.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Thanks to the weapon quests and the Launch Celebration Part 3 map, I was able to get my next set of 20 orbs way faster then I thought I would, so I got another chance to roll.

3 star Odin.
3 star Shanna.
3 star Est.
3 star Beruka.
And another 3 star Odin.

Screw this game.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
^ Same. Just spent the last week getting the resources to promote Nino to four-stars. Last summon: four-star Nino.

*insert rage-post here*

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My latest summons are as follows.

3-star Fir, a new one
3-star Sophia, which I already have two but got them from the special map
3-star Jagen, which I already have
3-star Bartre, another new one
4-star Niles, another new one but will not be using at all.

So, there you have it. Once I've finished through the story levels on a higher difficulty, I'm done with the app.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Oh yeah, this was from a pull I did not too long ago.

No 5* but yay Robin! Also, went in and punched this Tharja's stats into the IV calculator and it turns out she's an all neutral, so I'll be keeping her over my previous Tharja.

Oh, and guess which 4* pillow I decided to stuff with feathers the moment he reached level 20. :^)

I freaking love him! <3 He does have -HP but he has +Atk so I'm really happy with that (I'm just glad it wasn't -Spd or else he's pretty much rip). I'll be replacing Kagero once Robin's reached the level cap. Sorry Kags, but your -Atk makes me cry, even with extra damage on infantry.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah, speaking of that, I'm just under 1,000 feathers short of bumping up my 4-star Corrin to 5-star. It'd probably be easier if I let go of the characters I don't ever think I'll use, but it's so hard to let go of them if I only have one of them. Even Camilla - and I really hate Camilla.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
While I'm not going around playing Heroes everywhere I go, I started playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones the other day but I didn't put much time into it because I was staying at my dad's apartment while he was out of town for work. Now that I'm home, I can pick up where I left off and I must say I'm really liking it so far.

^ Who doesn't hate Camilla, other than the sick pervs drooling over her design.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
On the topic of Camilla, how many fans are there that genuinely like Camilla because of her character and not because of her design/performance as a unit?

I mean, there can't be that many people that like her for the boobs, right?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the topic of Camilla, how many fans are there that genuinely like Camilla because of her character and not because of her design/performance as a unit?

I've noticed that every fan-service character has an army of people ready to defend every aspect of their personality.

Maybe Camilla could of been a good character despite her design if she was written well, but she was written really, really poorly. It feels like the entire focus of the way she's written is for people with a sister fetish (probably for people who don't know what it's actually like having a sister). There's no reason for her to be that completely obsessed with Corrin but not Elise aside from player-worshiping fanservice.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I've noticed that every fan-service character has an army of people ready to defend every aspect of their personality.

Maybe Camilla could of been a good character despite her design if she was written well, but she was written really, really poorly. It feels like the entire focus of the way she's written is for people with a sister fetish (probably for people who don't know what it's actually like having a sister). There's no reason for her to be that completely obsessed with Corrin but not Elise aside from player-worshiping fanservice.
I'm pretty sure the reason that Camilla is so obsessed over Corrin is said in some random support? I'm not too sure, but isn't the reason she's so obsessed is because she had a crappy mom, so she wants to be the mom that Corrin couldn't have? And also because Corrin is special because he's adopted/kidnapped and stuff

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm pretty sure the reason that Camilla is so obsessed over Corrin is said in some random support? I'm not too sure, but isn't the reason she's so obsessed is because she had a crappy mom, so she wants to be the mom that Corrin couldn't have? And also because Corrin is special because he's adopted/kidnapped and stuff
Yeah, i believe that was mentioned in her Supports with Niles (which, btw, that Support was amazing, as it gives insight as to why both characters act the way they do). She acts that way towards Corrin because Camillia had a terrible childhood, being forced to fight in the Concubine Wars and all. So she wants Corrin to have a better life than she did.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I still think that's a horrible explanation, considering how comically obsessive Camilla is. And it's not like Leo had a dandy childhood, or Elise had a mother who loved her, but outside of their supports directly with her, it's like they don't even exist to her, while she can't help but mention Corrin in every last support she has. Honestly, it seems to me more like they made her obsessed with Corrin first and tried to tack on a meaningful backstory later. At the end of the day, she's mostly just there to reinforce that Corrin is a super special snowflake and to fulfill the fantasies of some of the players.

Hinoka is far more believable, actually, because after all that effort she put into training and fighting to find Corrin again, she still shows that her other siblings are actually important to her.

Astellius

Smash Ace

I genuinely enjoy Camilla's character, but I also tend to like some ridiculously over-the-top characters that plenty of people tend to hate, such as Peri, whose extreme absurdity I find absolutely hilarious. Now, liking these characters doesn't mean that I think they're deep, believable, or realistic. But I do legitimately find them entertaining and interesting.

Also, why can't character, design, and performance all be factors contributing to why a person likes a character? I'm pretty sure I would like Camilla less if she sucked as a unit (it would also be kind of weird, given her position). My affinity for units tends to go up as I continue to use them. It can also go down if I try to use them and they end up sucking.

In other news, my last summoning session in Heroes went well--I finally got a second 5-star character! It was Hawkeye. I also got a 4-star Felicia, who I'll probably use as well, she looks like a great anti-mage unit, which would be useful for the hard mode battle with Robin.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I did another summon

"All around me are familiar faces"

This is, by far, my worst summon ever. And when does Family Bonds end? This Monday. Have i gotten Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph or Julia? No. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha life is so fair HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm slowly going insane.

Edit: the worst part is it's gonna take forever for me to get my Orbs back to 20 since i'm in Lunatic's "impossible" levels so the only way for me to get free Orbs is via log-in bonus. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LIFE IS SO FAIR

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I like absurd characters sometimes, but I at least want their absurdness to be done well. I probably wouldn't hate Camilla nearly as much as I do if it weren't for her obsession with Corrin, even if she retained all her other absurd qualities - I actually enjoyed her supports with Keaton. But the fanservice with her is just so overdone it hurts. Too often it overshadows what good writing she actually has.

I really hope that Echoes is a huge success if not just to prove that IS doesn't need waifu-pandering to maintain it's current fanbase. Although I worry that some of Gaiden's odder traits will chase players off. (No weapon triangle? I'm pretty sure even Shadow Dragon DS had that!)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
(No weapon triangle? I'm pretty sure even Shadow Dragon DS had that!)
It did but with Gaiden/Echoes handles it's lack of weapon durability, it makes sense as to why the Weapon Triangle is gone. There's also the fact that the only Axe Users in the game are Thieves (who are technically Brigands) and Thieves are enemy exclusive in Gaiden. Whether or not that remains true in Echoes remains to be seen.

Top Bottom