• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I would like to formally offer right now a truce to team Lucina so we can all be winners and no team, aka mine, will get its butt kicked....
Thanks for your comprehension.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I would like to formally offer right now a truce to team Lucina so we can all be winners and no team, aka mine, will get its butt kicked....
Thanks for your comprehension.
Prepare for destruction...! Even Google is Team Lucina:
ry0uqgenMODebfHhq9JV0_9W4gwNQfyEfMAzuKo0SAA.jpg
Pretty hilarious!

How goes the Chrom/Ephraim battle? That one is actually close. Lucina is currently dominating Eirika, two-to-one.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
How goes the Chrom/Ephraim battle? That one is actually close. Lucina is currently dominating Eirika, two-to-one.
Screenshot_2017-03-09-20-37-23.png

I don't know why it says "Same" when Ephraim's winning. But yeah, it's that close. So close that Team Chrom actually took the lead for a little bit. Fortunatly, we were able to take it back.

Not like it matters, Team Lucina's winning the entire thing because she has the advanatge of being a playable character in Smash and thus, is the most recgoniziable out of all the characters in this Gauntlet.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Not like it matters, Team Lucina's winning the entire thing because she has the advanatge of being a playable character in Smash and thus, is the most recgoniziable out of all the characters in this Gauntlet.
To be fair, she is one of the most well designed characters there are. Even if I'd loved for eirika to win.

Edit: Also, is that gunvolt in your signature? Nice.
Edit-Edit: Well, after taking a look at your profile picture, I kinda figured on my own by now.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
To be fair, she is one of the most well designed characters there are. Even if I'd loved for eirika to win.
All of the characters in the Gauntlet are well designed characters (except for the Heroes sibilings but it's a Mobile game so they get excuse. Not saying Alfonse and Sharena are bad, but they don't have nearly as much development as the other characters).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
All of the characters in the Gauntlet are well designed characters (except for the Heroes sibilings but it's a Mobile game so they get excuse. Not saying Alfonse and Sharena are bad, but they don't have nearly as much development as the other characters).
I meant astetically. Lucina is drawing similarities from marth, which has an subconcious effect, her posture and armor looks insanely good, even Eirika and co got nice updated designs, but... nothing compared to lucina.
Also, mark inside her eye is just a -very- cool detail.

Knowing nothing about fe, most of my friends chose her, because she -looks- the best. While I fight the loosing battle at Eirikas side.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am on Team Lucina. Not because I am a big fan of the character, but because I want Orbs.
I would've helped Eirika, but I had a feeling she was going to lose...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just want to briefly interrupt this Fire Emblem Heroes talk with some news:

We got a new trailer for Fire Emblem Echoes. It's not very long, but it does give us plenty of new footage from the cutscenes, and it even gives us our first glimpse at the English Dub cast:

Promising stuff. Also, is that Julie Ann Taylor as Celica? Sounds like it.

Now to get back on topic of Fire Emblem Heroes:

Some recent Heroes updates for me:

My last two summonings weren't very good. On the first summoning, I got another 4-star Serra, a 4-star Catria, and then a bunch of 3-stars: Adult Tiki, Virion, and Odin. I ended up sending Odin away because I already have Robin as my 4-star Blue mage. On the second summoning, most of the units I got were units I already had: I got another 4-star Nino, another 4-star Lissa, a 3-star Sophia, and a 3-star Clarine. My only new unit was a 3-star Barst

I've joined Team Chrom as part of the Gauntlet, just to give my favorite Lord a push for victory. We crushed Team Alphonse.

We're currently battling a close fight with Team Ephraim, so I'll need to contribute some points later today.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I meant astetically. Lucina is drawing similarities from marth, which has an subconcious effect, her posture and armor looks insanely good, even Eirika and co got nice updated designs, but... nothing compared to lucina.
Also, mark inside her eye is just a -very- cool detail.

Knowing nothing about fe, most of my friends chose her, because she -looks- the best. While I fight the loosing battle at Eirikas side.
Visual desgin isn't a factor imo. Lucina's just extremely recgonizable.

Not because I am a big fan of the character, but because I want Orbs.
Win or lose, everyone gets Orbs. The winners just get more Hero Feathers.

Just want to briefly interrupt this Fire Emblem Heroes talk with some news:

We got a new trailer for Fire Emblem Echoes. It's not very long, but it does give us plenty of new footage from the cutscenes, and it even gives us our first glimpse at the English Dub cast:

Promising stuff. Also, is that Julie Ann Taylor as Celica? Sounds like it.

Now to get back on topic of Fire Emblem Heroes:

Some recent Heroes updates for me:

My last two summonings weren't very good. On the first summoning, I got another 4-star Serra, a 4-star Catria, and then a bunch of 3-stars: Adult Tiki, Virion, and Odin. I ended up sending Odin away because I already have Robin as my 4-star Blue mage. On the second summoning, most of the units I got were units I already had: I got another 4-star Nino, another 4-star Lissa, a 3-star Sophia, and a 3-star Clarine. My only new unit was a 3-star Barst

I've joined Team Chrom as part of the Gauntlet, just to give my favorite Lord a push for victory. We crushed Team Alphonse.

We're currently battling a close fight with Team Ephraim, so I'll need to contribute some points later today.
I saw that trailer. People said the cutscene animation isn't as fluid as Awakening and Fates but i only noticed that with the final cutscene. It's likely because it's a mix of 2D and CGI. But yeah, Echoes is retelling Gaiden's story to the max.

Also, looks like you and me are rivals in tbis Gauntlet then. Because i'm team Ephriam. And this is like, the closest thing i've seen. You guys actually took the lead for a bit today but we were able to take it back.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Visual desgin isn't a factor imo. Lucina's just extremely recgonizable.
Let's just agree to disagree. Since lots of people who never have played a single fe game, nor are into smash picked this game up too, and are -very much- going by astetics.
Can of course only go by the few excamples I had irl myself, but they -are- atleast present. It may not be a major factor with people knowing her already, but it still is for many, who got no clue who lucina really is.
And yes, there are people who don't own/know smash, which is mindboggling, really.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Welp, Lucina is absolute destroying Team Ephraim. Makes sense since everybody who lost in the previous rounds joined Team Lucina. Ah well, i'm only 100-ish Feathers away from having 20,000. By the end of this Gauntlet, my Sophia will be a 5-Star.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well! That Chrom vs. Ephraim battle sure was close--definitely the most interesting of the gauntlet! Team Lucina is now dominating Team Ephraim, so she's getting revenge for what he did to her father in the previous round. But this is probably about what most people expected.

I'm wondering who I should aim to make a 5-star character with my feathers. I might sit on my feathers for a bit, and see what I get with the next few pulls I do, and also look to how the pending "inherit skill" mechanic will work.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well! That Chrom vs. Ephraim battle sure was close--definitely the most interesting of the gauntlet! Team Lucina is now dominating Team Ephraim, so she's getting revenge for what he did to her father in the previous round. But this is probably about what most people expected.

I'm wondering who I should aim to make a 5-star character with my feathers. I might sit on my feathers for a bit, and see what I get with the next few pulls I do, and also look to how the pending "inherit skill" mechanic will work.
If you have a Nino, she'd be an excellent target, especially with an eirika or an olivia alongside.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Seems like it was a good idea to save up all my flags for the last round of the gauntlet. With 111,000 points, I'm sitting around ~2,000 in Lucina's army, and the feather payout doubled for this round. That's a cool 2,600 feathers for the bracket I'm in. I'm also now ranked about 56,000 in the cumulative, so it looks like you can rank decently in the cumulative event simply by playing all of your flags, even without using any of the gauntlet characters.

If you have a Nino, she'd be an excellent target, especially with an eirika or an olivia alongside.
I haven't drawn a Nino (which is a shame, because I especially liked her in Blazing Sword). I also think that my preference would be to promote a blue character, since that would round out the color options. I already have a 5-star Roy and Hawkeye. Right now, I think my inclination would be to promote Sharena to 5-stars, as she has good skills, a nice support ability, and access to a legendary weapon. Corrin is also a possibility, as she's done well for me.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I do have a 4-Star Marth that i can upgrade to a 5-Star. And i would, but Sophia was my very first summon and i want her to have the honor of being my first 5-Star achieved through Hero's Feathers.

20,000 Feathers is too much tho. It should not be that high.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, this Ephraim vs Chrom was certainly close. While I wish Team Chrom won it, congrats to Team Ephraim! You all made this a very spirited match.

I joined Team Lucina for the final round, mostly because I just want to get a ton of feathers.

------

On a different note, Chapter 2 of that Leo manga, Fire Emblem Fates: The Crown of Nibelung has been translated. Click here to read the translation.

The manga's author is shaking up Fates story, because here, we have a retelling of Chapter 2 in the games and a potential retelling of Chapter 3.

The summary gives bigger implications this manga could be taking place in the Birthright route, as it mentions Corrin, "has turned her blade against Nohr."

The chapter opens with Corrin, the Nohrian royals, and Gunter heading to Windmire. We see how disconnected Corrin has been with the outside world, as she blissfully watches the surrounding nighttime setting. Gunter and Xander talk about the severity of the famine in Nohr. Xander suggests they might have to go as far as distributing emergency rations, while Gunter mentions that various Nohrian parties might have to go as far using sorcerers just to create suitable farming land (hmm, that's an interesting idea; Leo could do that perfectly with Brynhildr)

They eventually arrive at Krakenburg, and it seems like the manga generally gives us a much lighter depiction of the castle. No, I don't mean lighter like a happier place; rather, lighter in the sense it's not all dark and gloomy like how the games depicted Krakenburg. Corrin even comments there are waterfalls inside and the overall castle is as bright as "a star that has been born." I like how Xander comments the royal family is "truly the light of this country." It fits especially well for Elise: a bright, cheery girl in a dark and famine-struck nation.

Another attention to detail is when a Sorcerer informs the royals to meet with Garon. Leo is particularly agitated that a sorcerer was the one to inform them, and he even wonders if this order came from Garon or Iago. Leo's monologue implies Iago generally uses Sorcerers to communicate his messages to others rather than other soldiers.

Once Xander & Camilla leave on their own to take of their own matters and Corrin, Leo, and Elise are left on their own, it is here we have a retelling of Chapter 2.

In the games, Chapter 2 was where Corrin was given the Ganglari from Garon, and then he/she had to fight Kaze and Rinkah afterward. Here, the Kaze and Rinkah scene happens before Corrin meets Garon, and there isn't even a battle against them. In fact, we see a rather disturbing depiction of Kaze and Rinkah as prisoners. Their bodies are bruised up, and they are being dragged by chains by several Nohrian soldiers. Those soldiers even treat Kaze and Rinkah quite brutally, as they yell at the two for collapsing on the ground because they have no permission to rest. They even call the two "Hoshidan scum." We also learn Kaze and Rinkah are on their way to their deaths. The execution? Hanging!

Leo approaches the soldiers and tells them it is a disgrace they'd be treating those prisoners in front of Corrin, and a punishment will be planned for them later. It is here we see some familiar events of Chapter 2 play out. That is, Corrin tries to save Kaze and Rinkah, but here, things play out differently. She tries to convince the soldiers to free Kaze and Rinkah but to no avail. Even Leo doesn't allow Corrin to let the two Hoshidans go. He pulls out Brynhildr and summons a tree spell (which looks cooler here than in the in-game model), and....

...Wait a second, did Leo just kill Kaze and Rinkah with that spell?

Wow, that was dark. There's no way Kaze and Rinkah would survive a plummet that high, especially after a powerful spell from Leo!

Turns out Kaze and Rinkah did survive the attack and the plummet. Very surprising. We see Team Leo together as they transport the bodies, planning to replace them with decoys so that they won't be caught by the incoming patrol. Something tells me Kaze and Rinkah are going to escape somehow.

In all, this entire scene with Kaze and Rinkah was my favorite moment this chapter. The author really changed up the events of Chapter 2 while still keeping true to some of the characters personality. Like in the games, Corrin attempts to free the two Hoshdans to tie in with her pacifist personality, but here, it ends with failure. The manga did a really great job showing Kaze and Rinkah as prisoners, and the moment Leo attacked and seemingly killed them was very dramatic.

Back to the manga, Corrin, Leo, and Elise discuss how Garon has changed rather suddenly, becoming an unpleasant person. Leo comments that all his siblings are kind people compared to him. He admits to himself that he blurted it out because he was reminded of how kind Corrin is, and we have a cute flashback of a little Corrin crying over finding a dead cat (perhaps it was her own?). We see all of the royals' younger versions of themselves (or at least the author's interpretation of them) as they watch Xander burying it.

The royals eventually arrive at the throne room and meet with Garon. I don't know if this was some faulty scanning or the author did this on purpose, but wow does Garon look demonic in the very first panel we see of him! Like, was this author's way of hinting who he really is?
You know, Gooron, the empty vessel to Anankos.

Garon initially welcomes Corrin in a surprisingly kind way, but this doesn't last long as he explains that he found out Corrin tried to free the two Hoshidan prisoners from earlier. Thus, he orders Corrin to die. Xander tries to defend Corrin, but Garon tells him that he also found out that Xander questioned the competence of his (Garon's) soldiers. Xander protests that it was only to defend the people, but Garon interrupts him and states he should only care about the soldiers. This really shows Garon doesn't show any care for normal civillians at all, unlike Xander who values everyone in his nation.
I mean, as the empty vessel to Anankos, he wants Nohr to be destroyed after all.

We have another change-up in the next scene when Iago makes his debut. Instead of Garon summoning the Ganglari out of thin air, Iago is the one to initially present the demonic sword and not in a magical way. Garon also forces the royals to leave the throne room except for Corrin. Once they are outside, Elise comments her disgust how Garon would listen to Iago and not the oldest prince. She also peeps through the door to listen to what he is discussing with Corrin.

Garon tells Corrin her death would not be beneficial at all, so instead of execution, he assigns Corrin to investigate the outpost on the border of Hoshido and Nohr and report if it is really abandoned. It is here the events of Chapter 3 kick in. The outpost that Garon is referring to is the fort at the Bottomless Canyon. Garon even tells Corrin that Gunter and Hans are to accompany in this mission. Just like the games, Xander mentions how Hans is not a trustworthy individual, but unlike the games, Xander doesn't tell that to Corrin, particularly because he isn't inside the throne room when this conversation is going on.

Once Corrin leaves the room, Camilla and Elise hug her, and Camilla expresses interest in accompanying her on the mission. Iago calls out the royals for eavesdropping, and he tells Camilla that she can't help Corrin for what's to come. We see Camilla go yandere-mode when she counter back on Iago, but Iago brushes it off and walks away.

The next day, the royals are informed that Corrin, Jakob, and Gunter are missing from their home. The royals figure that Corrin must've left for the mission (and judging by the description they were given, it definitely seems so), and so they hurry to the fort.

There's a brief interruption scene with Iago in his room. We see him wear much more casual clothing (which is appreciated as it is always nice to see the characters wear different clothing every now and then), and he comments that Leo and Xander are not aware that he has total surveillance on Corrin. We also learn Iago thinks very poorly of Leo and Xander's retainers, going as far as saying "a thief from the slums and a vagabond aren't good enough" for Leo and that Xander chose an ordinary cavalier and mercenary instead of "more qualified candidates." You can tell Iago thinks the two brothers should have completely different retainers.

On the way to the fort, the royals find a familiar face lying unconscious on the floor... Hans! It is here chapter 2 of the manga ends, and we could be in for a retelling of Chapter 3 or an expansion on what happened there. We know that Hans was attacked by Corrin shortly after Gunter fell off the bridge, but Hans ran away, and we don't see him again until his respective first appearance in each route. Is the writer killing off Hans right here, or will we learn that Hans eventually collapsed from his injuries? I think the latter is more likely for now.

No doubt this manga is getting pretty interesting! It looks like we could be in for a much better story than what the games have, especially how the writer is changing up certain events as it goes.

The next chapter will be out by the end of this month, and the next set of translations should be out by the beginning of April.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Some more Cipher art for Echoes characters has been shown (as well as official art for one of them)

Here's his official art (if it looks blurry, that's because it was taken in motion.

And here's his Cipher artwork.

And here's a comparison between Valbar's original appearance and his Echoes concept art. You can look forward to using him in Celica's route.

Here we have Tobin, who's playable in Alm's route, and it seems his canon Class after promoting from Villager is Archer.

Here's Mae (or May because fan-translation inconsistencies), one of the Mages from Celica's route. And she's on a ship. *War flashbacks of Gaiden's ship levels intensifies* I do want to point out that the ship levels aren't necessarily hard, it's just almost all of Ch.2 consists entirely of it.

Edit: Oh yeah, we finally get a look at what the Valentia Complete Special Edition looks like

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
20,000 Feathers is too much tho. It should not be that high.
I have upgraded 3 units to 5 stars already, and am on my way to my 4th. I dunno why its so hard for some people, but you do get alot of feathers, sometimes during special days, like the 3.333 feather day.

I haven't drawn a Nino (which is a shame, because I especially liked her in Blazing Sword). I also think that my preference would be to promote a blue character, since that would round out the color options. I already have a 5-star Roy and Hawkeye. Right now, I think my inclination would be to promote Sharena to 5-stars, as she has good skills, a nice support ability, and access to a legendary weapon. Corrin is also a possibility, as she's done well for me.
Well, thats a shame. Shareena is never a bad choice, corrin is very good as debuffer too, but nowi is too much worth it, is you have one. Or effie, another solid character.

Or robin, since... you know, effective against colourless units.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
How on Earth did you get 60K feathers already? The game really doesn't give you much compared to the 5* requirement.....
The only hero I managed to upgrade to 5─ and I was saving since launch for her, was precisely Kamui.... she is a really good tank/debuffer/dragon, very recommendable.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I've got some more FE Echoes news, courtesy of GameSpot (and SerenesForest for reporting on it). First off, a demo of the game was played at PAX East and it was noted that there was no Support system during battles. However, this seems to be referring to Pair-up, and not Support conversations.

Ok, but can we talk about how the monsters in Echoes actually look terrifying? Anyways, here we can see a purple haired Archer (who is thought to be Leon), having a range of 1-5 with an Iron Bow. That's interesting. In Gaiden, Archers had a default 1-3 range? So did they get buffed? Maybe. Also, look at the bottom-right corner. That's a clock. There seems to be a time mechanic in Echoes now, and we already know that seasons are a thing (previously, the Pegasus Knight season, known as Pegatysm in the English version, has been shown). However, we still don't know how this works.

There's nothing too notable here but if you notice, Tobin has a boost to his Hit and Crit. In the reveal trailer, we saw a second character portrait in the combat forcast. So it seems that Support bonuses are still in the game, but they work the way they did pre-Awakening. Still no info on whether conversations are in the game.

Here we see what the general map interface looks like. I'm really loving this look. Anyway, as you can see, Tobin has three (possibly) skill slots, which they kinda speak for themselves, except ???????. However, he also has a Steel Bow and there's a gauge underneath it. If this gauge fills up, does the ??? Skill unlock? Considering Gaiden had more traditional JRPG elements, it is possible.
Here's the overworld map screen. You can see a bio of Zofia Castle at the bottom, and hopefully, this applies to all of the locations, to flesh out Valentia more. Also, there's that Pegatysm season again.

Last notable screenshot, here we see Alm entering the Deliverance Hideout (in the original Gaiden, the Deliverance was simply known as the Liberation Army). It is worth noting that Clair is missing from the party, although this could be explained that the player simply dropped her, as you can only have 10 units in a party and Alm would have 11 by this time. That or the player missed Clair (somehow) or worst case scenario, she was killed in battle.

Also, the next FE Heroes banner has been shown, this time featuring new Blazing Blade characters

Here comes Karel, Priscilla, Rebecca, Jaffar, Lucius, and Ninian.
Ninian couldn't attack in the game BUT she did turn into an Ice Dragon in the story. She's also a Dancer. A Dragon Dancer is a potentially very good combination.

I have upgraded 3 units to 5 stars already, and am on my way to my 4th. I dunno why its so hard for some people, but you do get alot of feathers, sometimes during special days, like the 3.333 feather day.
That mostly depends on how well you do in the arena. But even if you get the max Feathers per season, you still only get 1,600 Feathers per season.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What about that talk about no weapon triangle?
We all pretty much figured it out after looking closely at the initial trailer. Which i'm personally fine with btw. Having the Weapon Triangle in Echoes would actually unbalance the hell out of the game.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'll miss the weapon triangle, but I wouldn't necessarily want it in Shadows of Valentia; to my understanding, Gaiden was very different from any other FE. I wouldn't want them to take away what a lot of people said made it so great.

What do you guys think the odds are that the :4marth:and :4myfriends: amiibo will be restocked when Echoes releases in May?
None. :^)

Astellius

Smash Ace

Well, thats a shame. Shareena is never a bad choice, corrin is very good as debuffer too, but nowi is too much worth it, is you have one. Or effie, another solid character.

Or robin, since... you know, effective against colourless units.
How did you get over 60,000 feathers already? I currently have ~28k feathers. I spent 4k feathers upgrading 3-star characters to 4-stars, so I've earned about 32k feathers. I've completed the game on all modes, have completed pretty much all of the quests, did well in the gauntlet, and I get 3k+ offense points in the arena each week. So it's weird that you should have gotten twice as many feathers, unless you've spent a couple hundred dollars on the game and got the remaining feathers sending heroes home.

In any case, I have a Nowi, but don't use her (don't particularly like her). It'll probably be Sharena, but I have about 60 orbs, so I'll see who I get the next time I try to summon.

Also, the next FE Heroes banner has been shown, this time featuring new Blazing Blade characters

Here comes Karel, Priscilla, Rebecca, Jaffar, Lucius, and Ninian.
Ninian couldn't attack in the game BUT she did turn into an Ice Dragon in the story. She's also a Dancer. A Dragon Dancer is a potentially very good combination.

That mostly depends on how well you do in the arena. But even if you get the max Feathers per season, you still only get 1,600 Feathers per season.
From the graphic, it looks like Ninian has a dragon stone, so I'm guessing that will be her attack. A dancer dragon would be pretty awesome.

You can also get some feathers from ranking and defense. You can get 500 feathers for defense, and some for placing in the top 100,000. The cumulative rankings seem very competitive though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention this. While we Ephriam supporters lost to Team Lucina, it's still a win in my book. Why? Because the Feathers i got for simply participating gave me enough to allow me to do this:
Screenshot_2017-03-13-11-59-18.png
Screenshot_2017-03-13-11-59-46.png
You have no idea how satisfying this actually feels to me. Sophia was the very first unit i summoned (she was a 3-Star). She's come a long way.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
How on Earth did you get 60K feathers already? The game really doesn't give you much compared to the 5* requirement.....
The only hero I managed to upgrade to 5─ and I was saving since launch for her, was precisely Kamui.... she is a really good tank/debuffer/dragon, very recommendable.
My mistake, I forgott to mention sending my Units home, which -is- a pretty strong feather income. That explains propably why I am doing a lot better with feathers lately...!

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
My mistake, I forgott to mention sending my Units home, which -is- a pretty strong feather income. That explains propably why I am doing a lot better with feathers lately...!
I am kinda of a collector, so I only send home repeated units, unless they are 5*, so I could merge them into the other one, I could if I had gotten a repeated 5* so far, which I didn't. I would probably keep any fem Kamui at any star level too and upgrade her again to 5*, I would if I got another one, but it was incredibly hard to get even one of her.
Anyway, am I losing that much by not sending 90% of my heroes home?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I summoned again today. I was hoping to get a 5-Star Ninian but i knew i wasn't going to get her when i saw that there were no Blue Orbs available. But i did get a 5-Star Maria.

Edit: I was looking at the list of obtainable Heroes, and it seems you can get 4-Star versions of Eirika, Seliph, Reinhardt, Lachesis, Klein. So it seems that there are some Focus Heroes that you can get as a 4-Star. This helps a lot if you're just hoping to get a particular Hero without caring about having a 5-Star. It seems Ephraim, Julia, Sanaki, and Olwen are 5-Star exclusive though.

I don't know if the 4-Star versions of characters have always been there or if it happened after their Focus ended. If it's the latter, we can expect some 4-Star version of the current Focus characters after the event ends.

Second Edit: The next Focus has leaked
This Focus is another one designed to help you in a Grand Hero battle, the next one being against Michalis, Minerva and Maria's brother.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I saved enough orbs to do 4 pulls. So I spent them on the Blazing banner. The outcome?

Jakob is dead to me. He stole that 5* slot from so many people that deserved it more than him.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i was doing the new Paralouge maps and
_20170314_065421.JPG
_20170314_065433.JPG

This actually upsets me.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I summoned again today. I was hoping to get a 5-Star Ninian but i knew i wasn't going to get her when i saw that there were no Blue Orbs available. But i did get a 5-Star Maria.

Edit: I was looking at the list of obtainable Heroes, and it seems you can get 4-Star versions of Eirika, Seliph, Reinhardt, Lachesis, Klein. So it seems that there are some Focus Heroes that you can get as a 4-Star. This helps a lot if you're just hoping to get a particular Hero without caring about having a 5-Star. It seems Ephraim, Julia, Sanaki, and Olwen are 5-Star exclusive though.

I don't know if the 4-Star versions of characters have always been there or if it happened after their Focus ended. If it's the latter, we can expect some 4-Star version of the current Focus characters after the event ends.

Second Edit: The next Focus has leaked
This Focus is another one designed to help you in a Grand Hero battle, the next one being against Michalis, Minerva and Maria's brother.
I just got a 4* Eliwood in today's pull....
Also, Roy is a 4* hero with an introduction cutscene, so I guess that counts as Focus.
If I recall, he was indeed already a 4* Focus hero when the game launched, with the Lyn banner.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I pulled with my 34 Orbs just 3* and 4* heroes, with a single 5* Fae I got from my last 3 orbs when I just said "Sure, maybe it's hector."

I really want Ninian... Boosts my Nino Buff team, and I could throw in a dragon team aswell.

Anyway, am I losing that much by not sending 90% of my heroes home?
I tend to only keep the ones I like (severa for excample) And Units that have potential (Nino, which I recently made a team for, since I pulled Eirika)
Otherwise, I even send a 5* Camilla home, which even if she were good, I wouldn't want to play her. She know what she has done.

D

Deleted member

I dunno if I have the devil's own luck or not with this game, but I managed to get a lot of Blazing 5 Stars.
The only ones I don't have are Jaffar and Karel.
I dunno if I will use the others, but I am more than happy to have Ninian!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also, Roy is a 4* hero with an introduction cutscene, so I guess that counts as Focus.
If I recall, he was indeed already a 4* Focus hero when the game launched, with the Lyn banner.
Roy's been there from the start tho, and if irrc, the only one of the original Focus characters who are 5-Star exclusive are Takumi and Camilla. Anyways, the notification for the Blazing Shadows Focus states "After this summoning focus ends, these new Heroes will continue to be available through summoning. Please note that they may appear as a different rarity or at a higher appearance rate." So this implies that the new Blazing Blade characters can be maybe obtained at a lower rarity (because there's nothing higher than a 5-Star) and the "higher appearance rate" reinforces this because a 4-Star has a significantly higher chance of appearing than a 5-Star. So here's hoping that Ninian can eventually be obtained as a 4-Star. Speaking of, Ninian's 5-Star attack is Light Breath+. Why does Ninian not have Ice Breath?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I found this post on Twitter
_20170314_215300.JPG

Aww. Eliwood x Ninian is one of the best FE ships in the entire series imo.

While I agree she should have ice breath, but to be fair to the series, the manaketes could often change into other types of dragons depending on the type of dragonstone they had... So I guess Ninian has a fire stone, and a divine stone.
That was only in the Archanea series (Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem/New Mystery). But even if that was the case for Ninian, she still takes the form of am Ice Dragon (which, btw, i find it hilarious that they just spoiled that plot point).

I know i'm looking too much into this.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
We likely get tomorrow the update with passing skills on. Meta changes, what do you guys suspect will be quite strong units?
I'd bet on something on the line of getting Units with passive buffs for absurd Nino-oneshot teams sounds fun.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So even more Echoes stuff has been shown off.
Nothing of too much importance here, just that you can break walls.
Here's something interesting. You can see the total stat rating for both you and the enemy's army.
Here's a neat visual touch: Alm's sword on his sprite is glowing, signifying his importance to the story. The same applies to Celica. Also, it seems that Alm's Iron Sword has two unlearned skills.
Next, we get a small look at Lukas' redesigned Echoes art.
Here we get our first close look at one of Echoes' new characters, Faye (known as Effie in the Japanese version). Now, as you can see, she has an orange equipped. She's not actually gonna fight with the orange. What's happening here is that she is just fighting with a generic Lance. Remember, in Gaiden/Echoes, units with unequipped weapons fight with generic weapons. Also, food is in the game. Also, since she's fighting with a generic weapon, those Skills aren't there, implying that only real equipped weapons grant Skills (when learned).
The critical hit animation cutscene. These are the best ones out of the 3DS games.
Here, we can see Celica's status screen. She has a generic sword equipped but she can also use the Fire, Thunder, and Seraphim spells (Seraphim was originally Angel in Gaiden and the Japanese version of Echoes). Also, Holey Cheese. Puns.
Here's Kamui's Echoes art (a close up anyway). No, not Corrin. Kamui. Different people.
And here's Genny (who looks a lot like Lana from FE4) and Jesus Christ, that Staff range. Well, "Staff" since actual Staffs don't exist in this game. In Gaiden, Physic covered the entire map and that seems to be the case here. Also, the Invoke spell lets you summon computer-controlled phantoms to help you out.
Here we have Mae, who has the Fire, Thunder, and Aura spells. But the biggest thing here is that she obtained an item used for forging weapons. Forging didn't even exist until Path of Radiance. This will certainly make Echoes' gameplay more interesting.
Here we see Mae getting only two stat increases upon level up, yet she's pleased.

Genny only got one and she sounds mildly disappointed(?). So why aren't they upset that they got low increases? Well,it seems that Echoes is keeping Gaiden's low growth rates, at least, low compared to today's standards. For those of you who've only played Awakening and Fates and are used to inflated stat growths, you might want to prepare for this.

Now here's the really interesting part. This happened after Mae completed her battle, and then again when Celica completed her battle. Judging by the color, and considering that pair-up isn't a thing this time, this could be the confirmation that Support conversations are in the game.
And finally, here's the menu. All the options are self-explanatory, except Turnwheel. Could this be what that clock is all about?
https://youtu.be/yIj-GE1imVg?list=PL7GX3TUpHAwyl8x0yhDEMnKdhTp4ZVe_N
Oh yeah, here's the YouTube playlist where all of this came out. There's some more voice acting (which seems to have people on SernesForest having mixed feelings but then again, it's SerenesForest)

Top Bottom