• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

Pardon me asking but what is corrins promoted form in fates and does he/she get any new weapn types?
Corrin has two promotions in Fates, and the one you get depends on what path you're playing on.

On Birthright, Corrin gets Hoshido Noble, which allows him/her to use swords, dragon stones, and staves, and is designed around being offensive support. The skills you get in this class are very, very good utility skills that can help your Corrin outshine even Ryoma and Xander. The first skill, Dragon Ward, allows Corrin to support units by causing them to receive half of the damage they would normally take by standing adjacent to them. Do keep in mind that its activation rate is based off of the target's luck stat, and because of that, it can sometimes have a hard time finding use outside of guarding healers who are the only units that get any decent amount of luck when leveling. The second skill, Hoshidian Unity, boosts the activation rate on skills by 10%, making a Corrin with high skill absurdly broken with skills like Lethality or Astra.

On Conquest, Corrin gets Nohr Noble, which lets him/her to use swords, dragon stones, and magic tomes. It's more or less geared towards mixed physical/magic offense and tanking with dragon stones, and offers two of the most borderline broken skills in the game. The first skill, Draconic Hex, lowers all enemy stats by 4 after combat, which means your Corrin basically gets infinite use of the effects from the Enfeeble staff. The second skill, Nohrian Trust, lets Corrin activate any battle skills his paired up partner has, and is hilariously broken on a Corrin with a high skill stat and Hoshidian Unity.

You get both classes on Revelation.

As for his/her secondary class tree, that depends on the talent you choose for your avatar during character creation. Head here for more information on that. Also, keep in mind that Corrin can use the Partner Seal to change into the class of his/her spouse (except for Azura and Mozu), and can also change into the class of any units he/she has an A rank support with.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
For Birthright Corrin get's Hoshido Noble and gains staves.
For Conquest Corrin get's Nohr Noble and gains tomes.
For Revelation Corrin get's access to both.
Corrin has two promotions in Fates, and the one you get depends on what path you're playing on.

On Birthright, Corrin gets Hoshido Noble, which allows him/her to use swords, dragon stones, and staves, and is designed around being offensive support. The skills you get in this class are very, very good utility skills that can help your Corrin outshine even Ryoma and Xander. The first skill, Dragon Ward, allows Corrin to support units by causing them to receive half of the damage they would normally take by standing adjacent to them. Do keep in mind that its activation rate is based off of the target's luck stat, and because of that, it can sometimes have a hard time finding use outside of guarding healers who are the only units that get any decent amount of luck when leveling. The second skill, Hoshidian Unity, boosts the activation rate on skills by 10%, making a Corrin with high skill absurdly broken with skills like Lethality or Astra.

On Conquest, Corrin gets Nohr Noble, which lets him/her to use swords, dragon stones, and magic tomes. It's more or less geared towards mixed physical/magic offense and tanking with dragon stones, and offers two of the most borderline broken skills in the game. The first skill, Draconic Hex, lowers all enemy stats by 4 after combat, which means your Corrin basically gets infinite use of the effects from the Enfeeble staff. The second skill, Nohrian Trust, lets Corrin activate any battle skills his paired up partner has, and is hilariously broken on a Corrin with a high skill stat and Hoshidian Unity.

You get both classes on Revelation.

As for his/her secondary class tree, that depends on the talent you choose for your avatar during character creation. Head here for more information on that. Also, keep in mind that Corrin can use the Partner Seal to change into the class of his/her spouse (except for Azura and Mozu), and can also change into the class of any units he/she has an A rank support with.
Yeah i was expecting to see the word broken after the first post. Even WITHOUT those skills the very idea of having a healler who can just run in and transform into a dragon for high defense and an offensive unit whose has 2 range and a counter to a very high amount of units is simply flat out BROKEN!
Thanks!

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also, keep in mind that Corrin can use the Partner Seal to change into the class of his/her spouse (except for Azura and Mozu),
He/she also can't reclass into the Kitsune and Wolfskin class lines even if his/her spouse is Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, or Velouria.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Yeah i was expecting to see the word broken after the first post. Even WITHOUT those skills the very idea of having a healler who can just run in and transform into a dragon for high defense and an offensive unit whose has 2 range and a counter to a very high amount of units is simply flat out BROKEN!
Corrin isn't really broken outside of Revelation.

In Birthright he's locked with 1 range and even if he can heal, his magic growth isn't that high so don't expect him to heal for that much. Also, Dragon Ward is really unreliable and is usually don't worth the skill slot.

In Conquest I think Corrin is far more useful since the Grim Yato boost defense and he can use tomes, but even here, is usually surpassed as magical attacker by other units and you'll finish to don't use tomes all that much. Draconic Hex is an awesome skill but often the enemy can't survive a round of combat against Corrin and during the main story Nohrian Trust is usually not used at is full potential because you'll unlock it very far in the game (unless you buy it) and you won't have a proper support, but it still a god-like skill.

In Revelation counts the same things I have already said but it's all a bit better because the Alpha Yato and the possibility to choose which promotion do you want.
After you got the Omega Yato and a proper "Nohrian Trust Bot" enjoy Corrin breaking the post game (only at 1 range tho).

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Corrin isn't really broken outside of Revelation.

In Birthright he's locked with 1 range and even if he can heal, his magic growth isn't that high so don't expect him to heal for that much. Also, Dragon Ward is really unreliable and is usually don't worth the skill slot.

In Conquest I think Corrin is far more useful since the Grim Yato boost defense and he can use tomes, but even here, is usually surpassed as magical attacker by other units and you'll finish to don't use tomes all that much. Draconic Hex is an awesome skill but often the enemy can't survive a round of combat against Corrin and during the main story Nohrian Trust is usually not used at is full potential because you'll unlock it very far in the game (unless you buy it) and you won't have a proper support, but it still a god-like skill.

In Revelation counts the same things I have already said but it's all a bit better because the Alpha Yato and the possibility to choose which promotion do you want.
After you got the Omega Yato and a proper "Nohrian Trust Bot" enjoy Corrin breaking the post game (only at 1 range tho).
True i was simply judging off weapon choices. Does that mean desicions at the beggining dont affect corrins growths like in awakening?

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
True i was simply judging off weapon choices. Does that mean desicions at the beggining dont affect corrins growths like in awakening?
It still affect your growths actually, so you can try to build a magic oriented avatar, but it's not worth it imo.
That's because the avatar has the Yato so you want to maximize his physical damage and leave the magic to someone more competent.

Nah

Smash Champion
wait what decisions are we talking about affecting growths in Awakening and Fates

are we just talking about the Boon/Bane stat you pick when you make your Robin/Corrin or are you telling me that the decisions you make during the story (like Awakening Chapter 9) actually affect your stat growth

D

Deleted member

So, uh...I'm on Chapter 18 and Camilla is level 12. I heard she earned EXP fast, but WOW....just, wow.

Is there any risk of ruining Conquest's challenge with the Boo Camp grinding? The only reason I'm doing it is so that I can nab skills before my characters hit the level cap I can't take them into the story maps to grind due to E-Rank weapons, so I'm kinda forced into using Boo Camp for acquiring skills.

My second highest unit right now is Corrin at level 7. Should I stop grinding for a while and just focus on story chapters, or should I be fine to continue skill farming?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It still affect your growths actually, so you can try to build a magic oriented avatar, but it's not worth it imo.
That's because the avatar has the Yato so you want to maximize his physical damage and leave the magic to someone more competent.
...I actually have a magic oriented Avatar. And he's actually pretty good with both the Yato and Tomes.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
So, uh...I'm on Chapter 18 and Camilla is level 12. I heard she earned EXP fast, but WOW....just, wow.

Is there any risk of ruining Conquest's challenge with the Boo Camp grinding? The only reason I'm doing it is so that I can nab skills before my characters hit the level cap I can't take them into the story maps to grind due to E-Rank weapons, so I'm kinda forced into using Boo Camp for acquiring skills.

My second highest unit right now is Corrin at level 7. Should I stop grinding for a while and just focus on story chapters, or should I be fine to continue skill farming?
I think grinding is OK at that point. From my play through, I still faced difficulties late game after grinding and castle weapons. You'll have more tools for tackling the story chapters, but the way the game is designed means you'll still pay badly for mistakes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
...I actually have a magic oriented Avatar. And he's actually pretty good with both the Yato and Tomes.
I stick with magic+ Corn every time. Levin swords are also really nifty, especially if you don't want to bother with bringing up your tome-rank. And the Dragonstone+ can do absurd amounts of damage. It's not really going to kill much because it can't double, but it can definitely help bring the HP of a stronger enemy down. I've managed to do around 50 damage with it to the lategame Golems on Conquest Hard and Lunatic mode.

I used magic attacks more than I used the Yato itself.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'm not saying that a magic oriented Corrin is bad, but that is usually better to maximize physical damage if you plan to use the Yato, and still, there are plenty of better magic users than Corrin in the game.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Oh thats cool then. Choosing beetween conquest and Birthright is a much harder decision than choosing which pokemon game to get.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'm using a magic+ luck- avatar in revelations and i'm a lv 12 nohr noble with 28 strenght and magic
So i think magic+ makes you more hybrid

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Birthday reminder!

View attachment 112121

(X)

Believe it or not, I actually prefer wolves
Kaden is one of my favorite Fates characters overall. He's funny, kills mages like a boss, can even dodge like Ryoma at times, and is a super kind dude (his supports really show that). He deserves a huge birthday shoutout!

------

On a different note, for all the Pokemon fans here, two new Pokemon have been revealed via CoroCoro today.

From Serebii:

The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise.

People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Mimikkyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness. We'll bring more as it comes
Not a fan of Kiterugama's design. Looks pretty dull. Hopefully it gets an evolution.

Mimitsukiyu will take some getting used to. Not a fan of the repeated Pikachu design, but I have faith the evolution(s) will make up for it. I can imagine it slowly outgrowing the costume as we see its true form when it evolves.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Introducing Pedobear and Bootleg Pikachu. All jokes aside, i'm also not a big fan of Kiterugama but i do think it'll get an evolution. As for Mimitsukiyu, i like it. I've always been a big fan of those mystery Pokemon where no one knows their true appearance and trying to find out will get you hurt in some way. And it does look cute. Definitely catching one and using it on my team. Ghost/Fairy is also an interesting typing. Plus, we do need more Fairy Types.
I can already see Team Rocket mistaking Mimitsukiyu for Ash's Pikachu

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I can see that happening, but I also think the bear would be the perfect Pokemon for James. He's had Pokemon that attacked him out of affection, particularly Victreebel, Cacnea, and Carnivine, so Kiteruguma would be the perfect Pokemon to fit this trope.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
I went looking for Fates music on YouTube, found this:
Not quite what I was expecting.

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Uh I need help. Is there anyway to grind my characters without the Boo Camp? And also, I'm not getting Revelations this month. Hopefully in August. And can i just say that Female Kana is the cutest most sweetest thing in this game. My heart melted when she "You're the best papa in all the worlds!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sorry Mega Mawile, sorry Kapu Koko, but Spoopychu is now my favorite fairy-type. I always thought a ghost-type pokemon that hides under a blanket or rag would be funny, but this just blew my expectations away.

I wonder if it's going to get an evolution.

KirbyDes1996

Banned via Administration

Introducing Pedobear and Bootleg Pikachu. All jokes aside, i'm also not a big fan of Kiterugama but i do think it'll get an evolution. As for Mimitsukiyu, i like it. I've always been a big fan of those mystery Pokemon where no one knows their true appearance and trying to find out will get you hurt in some way. And it does look cute. Definitely catching one and using it on my team. Ghost/Fairy is also an interesting typing. Plus, we do need more Fairy Types.
I kinda like the ghost pikachu Pokémon

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Having Kaden's birthday be on the 12th is also pretty convenient, because today is mine!

Have one more:

57136689_p5_master1200.jpg

(X)

Nah

Smash Champion
Well, good thing i don't have Conquest xD
If you're playing Birthright then there will often be other maps usually labeled "Challenge" when you leave the castle. You can fight the enemies on those maps to get extra EXP and gold. You can also select "Scout" on the list and pay some gold (which in Birthright you will likely be drowning in) to spawn a new group of enemies for you to fight on any map you've previously cleared, of your choosing. You can do this as often as you have gold to spend.

EDIT: I have finally played through both Conquest and Birthright and have finished my Lunatic Awakening run, so I plan to start Revelations very soon. And I have a couple of questions before I start down that path:

1) Is Hidden Truths something to do before or after completing Revelations (or is there even a point partway through where it's alright)?

2) I have heard some of you say that the unit balance in Revelations is pretty bad. Besides Corrin, Jakob, and Azura, who is worth using? Who should I not bother using?

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
EDIT: I have finally played through both Conquest and Birthright and have finished my Lunatic Awakening run, so I plan to start Revelations very soon. And I have a couple of questions before I start down that path:

1) Is Hidden Truths something to do before or after completing Revelations (or is there even a point partway through where it's alright)?

2) I have heard some of you say that the unit balance in Revelations is pretty bad. Besides Corrin, Jakob, and Azura, who is worth using? Who should I not bother using?
Hidden Truths 1 doesn't spoil anything, part 2 spoils things you'll learn in the later half of revelations.

For units, the royals are going to be you're go-to people. You can make most of them work with some effort, but I remember the worst being Rinkah (level 4) and Arthur and Effie (under level 10 at chapter 15).

Also, happy birthday to everyone's favorite arcane caster of aching blood:

I had typed up a fancier description but my tablet crashed before I could save it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have finally played through both Conquest and Birthright and have finished my Lunatic Awakening run, so I plan to start Revelations very soon. And I have a couple of questions before I start down that path:

Hidden Truths is something you probably don't want to touch until you complete Revelation, seeing as how it spoils a bunch of stuff. Although I'm still on Conquest and have yet to play Revelation, from what I've read, you'd probably be safe to play it somewhere around Rev Endgame if you didn't want to wait until completely finishing Revelation.

As for the unit balance, I also heard that Rev had terrible balance and recently looked up for myself some of the characters join stats. And man, people weren't kidding; the base stats are downright pathetic on Revelation. From some of the screenshots I've seen, units like Hana, Subaki, and Rinkah struggle to do even 3 damage against enemies on their join maps. Oh, and remember how Odin and Nyx were pretty bad on Conquest? Well, IS somehow managed to make them worse, seeing as how not only do they not join you until practically mid-game, but they join at mid-game with the same base stats as their early-game Conquest joins.

My best advice to you is to just go the all royals route and use whoever is your best servant, because Revelation, from what I've read of it, is not very no-grind run friendly at all. Most unit base stats seem to be quite bad, and a lot of units require Mozu-level babying to be made usable in any of the chapters.

To be honest, though...I don't think any of the three paths had great unit balance. All three sides see a LOT of unit redundancy, and growth rates seem much more coin-flip like in Fates than from what I remember them being in Awakening. All three paths kinda come off as if they're saying "Don't plan on grinding? Welp, better use the royals!". Now, grinding doesn't bug me at all (I actually enjoy grinding/skill farming), but for those who want to go old-school Fire Emblem and have no-grind runs, Fates isn't very accommodating to that play-style in my opinion, which is one of the reasons I grind and skill farm.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If you're playing Birthright then there will often be other maps usually labeled "Challenge" when you leave the castle. You can fight the enemies on those maps to get extra EXP and gold. You can also select "Scout" on the list and pay some gold (which in Birthright you will likely be drowning in) to spawn a new group of enemies for you to fight on any map you've previously cleared, of your choosing. You can do this as often as you have gold to spend.

1) You could do Hidden Truths 1 before completing Revelation since it doesn't spoil anything major, but Hidden Truths 2 should definitely be played after beating Revelation since it spoils some big moments from that route and is mainly there to answer some unresolved questions from Revelation.

Both Hidden Truths maps will give you rewards if you complete them without losing a single unit. The first one will award you with a Fell Brand, which allows a male unit to reclass into the Grandmaster class. The second will award you with First Blood, an item that allows a non-royal unit to activate Dragon Veins.

Personally, I recommend saving Hidden Truths until you beat Revelation since both maps are far more enjoyable if you play both of them in one go. First Blood probably won't be very useful though regardless of when you complete it since you have access to 10 royals in Revelation. If you want to give a unit some Grandmaster skills, you could complete Hidden Truths 1 before beating the story, but I didn't really need to use the Grandmaster class or its skills in my playthrough of the route.

2) All of the royals are worth using. As for the others, most of the Hoshido units are not affected by the horrible unit balance. The only ones that get the short end of the stick are Rinkah and apparently Hana and Subaki. Personally, I found Rinkah, Hana, and Subaki pretty useful from the get go. You get Hana and Subaki after completing Chapter 8, and what I did was tackle Mozu's Paralogue after completing that chapter to give them a good opportunity to catch up to speed for the next chapter. Rinkah makes a really good pair-up bot in the chapter she is introduced because of her Strength bonus, and if you ever need to land a kill, you could switch into her to do so and gain some EXP for her. Chapter 9 is also the perfect map for any lower-level units to grind up since you're only allowed to use six units for that map. Only problem with that chapter is that it has one of the worst maps in all of Fates because of its tediously boring map gimmick.

Orochi also is a bit on the lackluster side in the chapter she is introduced, mainly due to the fact she first appears in Chapter 11 where there are lots of ninja units. If you want to recruit her, you need to kill the enemy ninja located above Saizo right away or else that ninja will head straight for Orochi and easily kill her. Once that ninja is defeated, talk to Saizo, and he, Orochi, and Reina will be playable afterward. Following Chapter 11, Orochi does pretty well in the following chapters.

Much of the unit imbalancing can be seen with a good chunk of the non-royal Nohr units. The only ones that were pretty good from the chapter they were first introduced were Selena, Beruka, Silas, Benny, Keaton, Laslow, and Peri. Silas is particularly noteworthy since he joins you after beating Chapter 14 and arrives at a pretty good level with B Rank in both swords and lances already. As for Benny, he is the only Chapter 14 recruitable unit, bar Silas, that arrives at a level that is around the same range your units will probably be at around this point.

As for the non-royal Nohr units who suffer from the unit imbalancing, Arthur, Effie, and Charlotte were all pretty underwhelming in the chapter they were introduced. You also get Elise in this chapter, who also arrives at a low level, but because she's a healer, it's easy to grind her up throughout most maps. In the following chapter, Nyx arrives at a pretty low level to the point she pretty much did nothing there. In Chapter 17 when you recruit some more Nohr units, Niles arrives at a rather low level for that point in the game, but not as low as Odin, who will most likely be used as pair-up fodder for Leo in that chapter.

The above three paragraphs assumes you will not do any outside grinding as you play through the game. If you do grind between chapters, units like Rinkah, Hana, Subaki, Arthur, Effie, Charlotte, Nyx, Niles, and Odin can be just as good as the rest of your units. I remember grinding up Arthur and Effie following Chapter 14 so that they were caught up with my other units, and both did very well in Chapter 15. Similarly, I grinded up Nyx after clearing Chapter 15, and she did pretty well during Chapter 16 when paired with Hayato.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
My friend showed me two top tier memes via skype

And that inspired me to make something similar, originally, I was going to make fire emblem fates "sakuright", and replace everyone's face with sakura's face (including sakura herself). But instead, I made this

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Did some things with Rinkah before reclassing her into a berserker.

I regret nothing.
When my hisame got the exact % of the 2° image he missed and enemy critted (but he was saved by dual guard)

Berserker+great club+ the skill lv 5 of oni chieftain = high chances of 100% crit

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Can you explain to me what you did? How is it possible to get a 100% crit rate?
- Did the usual levelling up until she capped and then promoted her to Oni Chieftain
- Levelled her up to 15 to learn Chieftain skills (mainly Death Blow, but decided to learn Counter as well because why not) before reclassing to Berserker (A+ support with Charlotte)
- Went to another castle and bought Quixotic off someone else (although for me it was possible to learn it anyway from a Basara Hayato, since I had them achieve S support)
- Give her a Great Club and watch her do work :secretkpop:

The crit rate will actually depend on the class of the enemy you're attacking but at this point Rinkah's crit rate will never be below 80% (in my experience anyway, the lowest I saw for her was about 84%, most of the time it's at least 93% or above, if not a straight up perfect rate). This is my current build:

I should mention that I also learned Lethality because I felt like it lol, which is why she's a level 25 now since reclassing to Master Ninja required her to learn Locktouch and Poison Strike before learning Lethality. This skill is not really required but in my experience it sort of acts as a backup plan in case there's even a slight chance that the crit won't activate. (based on my skill stat, along with the additional 15% skill trigger rate from Quixotic, that brings Lethality's trigger percentage to ~23%, rounded up)

So basically, the 100% crit rate comes from the 55% from the Great Club, plus an additional 20% from Death Blow and another ~20-30% from the Berserker class to begin with. And because the Great Club's actual hit rate is pretty bad (~45% iirc), it will increase by 30% from Quixotic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The current Conquest right now is team Kings, Team Princes, and Team Princesses.
They put Corrin in team princes, not princesses. Que the flame wars.

Oh wait no one cares about conquests.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Who here wants to see how Mozu grew from a weak little Villager to a killer unit overall, Mulan style?

Also, I found two funny Fates memes from Tumblr.

Here's one that parodies something we discussed a while back:

And then there is a humorous picture of a certain figure you rarely see getting parodied.

That's Conquest's Mr. Rally Man in a nutshell!

Source

Last edited:
Top Bottom