• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
A purple Malig Knight buddy had a 9% chance of hitting Hana.

D

Deleted member

You have some of the worst luck with Hana that I've seen. :p

It could've been worse really. Hana is a resistant beast, so that wouldn't have worried me. I would've been confused, though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
And then there is a humorous picture of a certain figure you rarely see getting parodied.

That's Conquest's Mr. Rally Man in a nutshell!
So i open the picture and the first thing i see is the large hand pointing up. I genuinely thought that was the Fairy Tail hand sign for a second.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Enemy hitting less 10% is so common with me that i would be thanking heavens if what happened to you happens to me (better a 2 dmg than a berserker doing 40 damage)

D

Deleted member

I've had stuff like that happen to me before. I'll let this video here sum up how I feel after it happens:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm pretty sure the RNGoddess just thinks it's funny to troll Hana. She gets it almost as bad as Arthur, I swear.

This is an old screenshot from my Revelations/Lunatic playthrough. That Beserker would of one-shotted her, but Kaze's miraculous save triggered and saved her. Then she got two consecutive crits for her counterattack. Anna was probably laughing her butt off.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm pretty sure the RNGoddess just thinks it's funny to troll Hana. She gets it almost as bad as Arthur, I swear.

This is an old screenshot from my Revelations/Lunatic playthrough. That Beserker would of one-shotted her, but Kaze's miraculous save triggered and saved her. Then she got two consecutive crits for her counterattack. Anna was probably laughing her butt off.
Arthur suffering from single digit hit percentages at least fits his bad luck gimmick. Hana doesn't have that gimmick and yet she's well documented in suffering from these low hit chances.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Been trying a no grind hard mode run of awakening. i pretty much stopped the whole no grind thing after the children showed up since it feels so unnatural to not be able to use them.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Got top 64 at evo with corrin i think? If not it's one spot for under. Got the executioner combo on Tyrant twice but couldn't pull through. Definitely taking this character far in the future.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Got top 64 at evo with corrin i think? If not it's one spot for under. Got the executioner combo on Tyrant twice but couldn't pull through. Definitely taking this character far in the future.
Awesome job! Way to make us Corrin mains proud! Hope your future tournaments with Corrin go well for you.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Going to finish my next Fun Mental video soon. Been putting it off for too long. Being stuck at 65% done isn't fun

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh, you got to fight Tyrant? That's cool. Run into any other big names or no?

....I have to ask though, what's the executioner combo?

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Oh, you got to fight Tyrant? That's cool. Run into any other big names or no?

....I have to ask though, what's the executioner combo?

not really. i played against a PR sheik. end up switching to game 3 and did the ditto to win. neutral b into aerial side b tipper

D

Deleted member

Wow... I'm stunned by the amount of pics of her getting hit by low accuracy attacks.
You guys are pretty unlucky.

That is impressive! Congrats!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My Hana also suffers from those same bad RNG moments too.
Unfortunately, I didn't save any screenshots of those.

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Chapter 10 of Lunatic Revelations run:
*Working through the ice, Rinkah gets a double attack at 80% hit rate, misses both swings*
Me: [low growl]
*Break an ice block to reveal three cavaliers at the same time, one of them with a javelin*
Me: Gaaaaaah
*Corrin killed by 7% critical*
Me: Shuts off 3DS, curls up on the floor

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm never playing Lunatic Revelations ever again. That game is such a mess - you can tell that it was definitely rushed compared to the other two. A lot of novel ideas were introduced, but they were unpolished so that they were more annoying than anything else. Screw Chapter 10.

I sincerely hope that IS doesn't decide to do multiple games at once in the future.

Nah

Smash Champion
Is it really though that the problem was that they had to make 3 games, or that Lunatic mode is poorly made?

I'm really not sure, as the only FE game I've ever played on Lunatic was Awakening so idk if Awakening Lunatic is representative of Lunatic mode in the series or even of Fates or not. If it is though then I think I'd say that the problem is more Lunatic mode than IS having to make 3 (sorta) games at once.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm never playing Lunatic Revelations ever again. That game is such a mess - you can tell that it was definitely rushed compared to the other two. A lot of novel ideas were introduced, but they were unpolished so that they were more annoying than anything else. Screw Chapter 10.

I sincerely hope that IS doesn't decide to do multiple games at once in the future.
Heh... Revelations was a really big mistake, its maps sucks, its design sucks, the balance sucks, the story... eh... its a big mess... and you know what is the worst part?... This is a mistake that is praised for almost all the people unless they're part of the "elitist minorities".

I'm hoping for a better future with Fire Emblem in general... But I'm ready for expect the worse... expect other Revelations that will need DLCs to explain everything...

Oh come on, I think the worst problem with the other games is mostly "dissapointing" with their incredible ideas (the whole "decide your fate"... Ehh... I was expecting something with more... decisions... And in the end the game while trys really hard to make you feel upset about the story... Eh... The pandering was the real focus in these games....

Oh Fates... If you design doesn't was so heavily based in the Awakening's success (S Support and blah) this would actually be a game that is even loved for the elitist minority.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I thought Revelation was perfectly fine IMO. I'm gonna go ahead and say that Lunatic is what ruins Revelation. Because i played on Hard and i didn't have any problems.

Edit: I will say that i do want a return to more classic FEs. Making another game like Sacred Stones would probably be the best way to please everybody as Sacred Stones is the perfect combination between casual and hardcore play.

Edit 2: Well, i was not expecting this. Here's hoping Danny Devito voices Pikachu

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll be honest here; I didn't give normal or hard revelations a chance. I played it on Lunatic for my first playthrough because I had already beaten Birthright and Conquest Lunatic, and it left such a bad taste in my mouth that aside from some postgame stuff, I never touched it again. Even then, the map designs don't look like they'll be much fun even on normal mode. They're gimmicky, but they rarely put those gimmicks to good use.

...One thing I've noticed in Revelations is the boss weapons. In Birthright and Conquest, some bosses have special throwing weapons with 1-2 range and the drawbacks of a regular weapon. Revelations didn't use any of these weapons even once. In fact, they've even got a Kinshi Knight boss who was stationary and yet didn't have Bowbreaker or Wingeded Shield. Let's not forget Hanz who's equipped with a Tomahawk and can't counterattack as Ryoma takes him out in just one round without the need of landing a crit or astra. The bosses were some of the most underwhelming in any FE I've ever played, and this was on Lunatic mode for crying out loud.
Is it really though that the problem was that they had to make 3 games, or that Lunatic mode is poorly made?

I'm really not sure, as the only FE game I've ever played on Lunatic was Awakening so idk if Awakening Lunatic is representative of Lunatic mode in the series or even of Fates or not. If it is though then I think I'd say that the problem is more Lunatic mode than IS having to make 3 (sorta) games at once.
Birthright Lunatic was fine, Conquest Lunatic was pretty good until the last few levels.

But Revelations Lunatic is just far more tedious than actually challenging.

Troykv

Smash Master
...One thing I've noticed in Revelations is the boss weapons. In Birthright and Conquest, some bosses have special throwing weapons with 1-2 range and the drawbacks of a regular weapon. Revelations didn't use any of these weapons even once. In fact, they've even got a Kinshi Knight boss who was stationary and yet didn't have Bowbreaker or Wingeded Shield. Let's not forget Hanz who's equipped with a Tomahawk and can't counterattack as Ryoma takes him out in just one round without the need of landing a crit or astra. The bosses were some of the most underwhelming in any FE I've ever played, and this was on Lunatic mode for crying out loud. Birthright Lunatic was fine, Conquest Lunatic was pretty good until the last few levels.
Damn xD! Revelations is even worse I though, my friend was correct about this being a complete mess and the worst thing made by Inteligent Systems since Gaiden (that is... curiously, one of the games that is actually related with the Fates's changes).

As if the tedious map gimmicks weren't enought... The disbalance jumped new limits that I didn't expected xDU

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
worst thing made by Intelligent Systems since Gaiden
I don't think that's fair. Gaiden was only the second game in the series and it was limited by the NES. Gaiden is extremely underrated and it deserves more love. Its a fun game that's limited by system limitations.

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't think that's fair. Gaiden was only the second game in the series and it was limited by the NES. Gaiden is extremely underrated and it deserves more love. Its a fun game that's limited by system limitations.
And you're right. Gaiden is a extremely unorthodox game in franchise, and experiment that was created to explore new paths in the franchise (the Games from the Kaga's Era did this a lot more that the other Fire Emblem Games with the exception of FE3, and Gaiden was the most extreme case of this)

But right now Gaiden while still a fun game has fallen begin pretty much all the game that the franchise created improve it more and more (and Gaiden even without talking about its archaic mechanics also has a really... underwhelming map design)... So yeah, that are reasons why Gaiden is the worst game in the franchise... but hey, at least its position is just by the system limitations as you say.

I would like to see Gaiden remaked because was a really special idea that can't be developed as it should.

D

Deleted member

So I found some really cute art of the Fates cast using the joke weapons today:

Looks like Hinoka used a Witch's Mark.

Arthur found Brock's drying pan. Now it's a drying pan of JUSTICE!

*Insert adorable Hana giggles here.*

I imagine Saizo is watching this from a distance, and is probably sighing deeply right about now.

"For the glory of Hoshido!"

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I have just discovered one change between the American and European versions:

WVW.png
WVW69ja_qGgl-eJBmq.jpg

That three month wait was worth it!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
For reference a Solder is this:

And this is a Soldier:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I know a lot of people complain about the RNG goddess screwing them on here, but, finally, I had the worst screwage I've ever seen. Now, to be fair, it wasn't on an FE game, but, rather, Jeanne d'Arc for the PSP.

Jeanne d'Arc is an SRPG. To give the scenario, the conditions for loss for this battle were if one of your characters falls in battle. Jeanne (and some other characters) have a skill (when transformed) called "Godspeed," which is basically just an unlimited Galeforce. If you kill an enemy, you can move again....

In any case, I set up a chain of 3 enemies for Jeanne to kill with Godspeed, and, at the start of the chain, Jeanne has a 99% chance of hitting (and killing) the enemy. Well, she then missed! IT WAS 99%!!#@%$~!%!%@

Okay, so that's ridiculous, but the battle was not lost yet. Someone had to die. First enemy goes to the low def/high evade character, 40% chance of hitting. They hit. Second enemy, same target, same chance, hits. Third enemy, same target, same chance, hits, they die, I lose. W.T.F. NO. UNACCEPTABLE.

And thus it was, the 100 Year War was lost due to extremely improbable circumstances...

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
If you're playing Birthright then there will often be other maps usually labeled "Challenge" when you leave the castle. You can fight the enemies on those maps to get extra EXP and gold. You can also select "Scout" on the list and pay some gold (which in Birthright you will likely be drowning in) to spawn a new group of enemies for you to fight on any map you've previously cleared, of your choosing. You can do this as often as you have gold to spend.

EDIT: I have finally played through both Conquest and Birthright and have finished my Lunatic Awakening run, so I plan to start Revelations very soon. And I have a couple of questions before I start down that path:

1) Is Hidden Truths something to do before or after completing Revelations (or is there even a point partway through where it's alright)?

2) I have heard some of you say that the unit balance in Revelations is pretty bad. Besides Corrin, Jakob, and Azura, who is worth using? Who should I not bother using?
How is the unit balancing bad in Revelations bad? (I'm getting that on Monday btw, so expect questions lol) I mean, you have access to the entire cast (excluding Izana)

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
So i open the picture and the first thing i see is the large hand pointing up. I genuinely thought that was the Fairy Tail hand sign for a second.
Hey Armagon! It's been awhile because of my school work. Anyways, I'm getting Revelations on Monday. Nah said the character balancing is bad. What does he mean?

Nah

Smash Champion
The difference is that soldier is misspelled. :3
oh **** I didn't even notice that before lol

I thought the (only) difference was how the text boxes were slightly different colors

Astro986 Astro986 that's just what I heard a lot is all.

Though playing through Revelations now I think I see what part of the problem is though: many units seem to join with exactly the same base stats, level, and equipment that they do in Birthright/Conquest, rather than being adjusted for when they join in Revelations. It's worked out fine for quite a few units so far, and some can never really be bad (Ryoma lol), but then you have ones like Rinkah who kinda suffer for it. Though having Boo Camp+Scouting/Challenges can fix that to some degree.

And then there's poor Gunter with his low bases and ass growths :c

Top Bottom