• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Hmmm, guess I was viewing things from too much of a competitive PvP perspective. In those fights, Dragonstone+ isn't all that great. But main campaign, I'll give it it's due in that it can tank hits. I guess since I had Xander walking around I didn't really think too much of Corrin as a tank against the really heavy hitters. Though the lack of 2nd range attack still irks me, I grew too used to it in Awakening.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, I'm the opposite. I'm all about the single player campaigns when most people these days seem to be thinking in terms of post-game unit optimization.

I've been in a lot of discussions where I or someone else got confused about it. For instance, I could be talking about growth rates while someone else is talking about max stats, and we could have very different opinions over if a character's magic is good or not.

Edit: Well, after months of coming up with reasons to put off buying things for me, my mom agreed to get me Revelations tomorrow. Let's see if she actually goes through with it this time.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally got around into playing the children paralogues, which were a bit tougher than I thought it would be. So far, I have Kana, Shigure, Dwyer and Sophie. Only a couple of more to go.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The Anna DLC is the biggest troll ever. When you first see Anna, she's a Lv.18 Adventurer with maxed out stats giving her a rating of 212. She carries a Steel Bow and Arms Scroll. But when she actually joins you, she's a Lv.10 Outlaw with low stats (because she's a base unit). She also doesn't keep her Steel Bow but she does get to keep the Arms Scroll.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, I'm the opposite. I'm all about the single player campaigns when most people these days seem to be thinking in terms of post-game unit optimization.

I've been in a lot of discussions where I or someone else got confused about it. For instance, I could be talking about growth rates while someone else is talking about max stats, and we could have very different opinions over if a character's magic is good or not.

Edit: Well, after months of coming up with reasons to put off buying things for me, my mom agreed to get me Revelations tomorrow. Let's see if she actually goes through with it this time.
Hope you enjoy Revelations

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Time to lighten this thread with some memes again, both of which are enclosed in spoiler tags since they are a bit large.

We all love that Sponge Emblem, so here's another take of "SpongeNohr ConquestPants" I found online.

Second picture is perfectly accurate considering Conquest is the "tough" route between it an Birthright lol.

The second one below is a meme I made myself.

This was my 1st attempt at making a meme using two pictures without using paint.net or Photoshop since I don't have them at the moment. I used the photogrid and meme generator apps on my phone. I will admit that a better border in between the two pics could've made them stand out a bit more.

I came up with this meme after thinking about how I found Sestina's main portrait art to look very odd when compared to her amie-artwork. I recently thought about those "Snapchat vs Instagram" memes you commonly find online, and so it wasn't long before I realized I could make a good meme with those official Setsuna arts.

So yes, you could pretty much call this the Fire Emblem version of the "Snapchat vs Instagram" meme.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i found some Fire Emblem Fates memes. They'll be going in spoilers just to be organized.

It actually rhymes.

I hate whoever did this.

Edit: more memes
As a Corrin X Azura shipper, i approve of this next one.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Subman? I prefer the term Laguz, Feral Laguz,Taguel, Semi-human, House pet and fluffy beings XD kidding they're simple a werewolf and Fox mutant

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Always wondered why Corrin, Azura and Kanna don't have shoes on? I found a rather interesting post on tumblr that actually makes sense given the game's roman influence for Conquest:

So I was rather curious as to why Corrin and Azura were barefooted and everyone else (except Kana) had shoes.

In ancient Rome, footwear was a sign of power. Fathers would give their Sons shoes on their wedding days to symbolize “a transfer of power.”

Those who were imprisoned, enslaved, or even captured would have their shoes removed. Many prison uniforms did not include any form of footwear! And if you played the game, you would know that Corrin and Azura are captives, just raised by the royal family. The lack of shoes may represent their lower status in their countries, or may just show that they are captives.

However, bare feet can also symbolize innocence, which very much ties into the fact that, despite their choices, Azura and Corrin are ‘innocent’ for wanting peace. Another meaning to being barefoot is “a child”, which can explain Kana’s lack of footwear.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Always wondered why Corrin, Azura and Kanna don't have shoes on? I found a rather interesting post on tumblr that actually makes sense given the game's roman influence for Conquest:

So I was rather curious as to why Corrin and Azura were barefooted and everyone else (except Kana) had shoes.

In ancient Rome, footwear was a sign of power. Fathers would give their Sons shoes on their wedding days to symbolize “a transfer of power.”

Those who were imprisoned, enslaved, or even captured would have their shoes removed. Many prison uniforms did not include any form of footwear! And if you played the game, you would know that Corrin and Azura are captives, just raised by the royal family. The lack of shoes may represent their lower status in their countries, or may just show that they are captives.

However, bare feet can also symbolize innocence, which very much ties into the fact that, despite their choices, Azura and Corrin are ‘innocent’ for wanting peace. Another meaning to being barefoot is “a child”, which can explain Kana’s lack of footwear.
I'm still wondering what boots Flora was talking about in her C support with Corrin.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I like Takumi though. I even married him in my Revelation playthrough.

But then again not a lot of people like Takumi. D:
I guess he's gonna die

Illuminati confirmed

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I like Takumi though. I even married him in my Revelation playthrough.

But then again not a lot of people like Takumi. D:
I don't like him.

I didn't appreciate how he attacked Elise in Conquest Chapter 13 just before the battle started.

D

Deleted member

I don't like him.

I didn't appreciate how he attacked Elise in Conquest Chapter 13 just before the battle started.
Well I didn't like that part either but you gotta remember that he did get posessed towards the end. Maybe not at that particular scene but then I relate to him so much.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, I can't really hate Takumi that much knowing that he's completely insane in Conquest. Without that looming over him, he's not all that unreasonable, as seen in Revelation and at the end of Conquest.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well I didn't like that part either but you gotta remember that he did get posessed towards the end. Maybe not at that particular scene but then I relate to him so much.
He actually was probably already partially gone by the time that happened. If you might recall, he said something along the lines of "If I kill you...maybe the pain in my head will go away". And when you meet him in the afterlife in the final chapter, he says that his soul has actually been dead for a while.

He also gets possessed very early on in Birthright, but Azura frees him by singing. This is alluded to at the end of Conquest, she says that if she had been aware that he had been possessed sooner, then maybe she could of saved him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who is Fiona?
That's what I call Flora...since it reminds me of Fiona from Shrek for some reason
He actually partially gone by the time that happened. If you might recall, he said something along the lines of "If I kill you...maybe the pain in my head will go away". And when you meet him in the afterlife in the final chapter, he says that his soul has actually been dead for a while.

He also gets possessed very early on in Birthright, but Azura frees him by singing. This is alluded to at the end of Conquest, she says that if she had been aware that he had been possessed sooner, then maybe she could of saved him.
Poor little fool names Takumi

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Beat Chp. 10 on Birthiright. It was getting real Ninja Gaiden up in there. Also finally got Kagero and I am already really liking her. The C-support with Corrin was a bit humorous.

I've noticed that so far that Birthright it is a lot less extreme then Conquest in the story so far. I mean, for a reference, Azura and Corrin's Birthright C-support is them literally walking in a nice sunny day with smiles on their faces. Conquest is Corrin up in the dead of night waking up from nightmares and showing signs of extreme anxiety with Azura trying to help him ease his mind from his decision on Chp. 6. Yeah, don't think it needed to be THAT stark...

Also Reina needs to go to a psych ward with Peri.

I wonder if they have supports in Revelations...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Takumi discussion going on?

Yeah, Takumi does some hate-inducing stuff in Conquest, and there's the prologue chapters when he gives you that rude introduction, but the thing to keep in mind is that he suffers from an inferiority complex. As the middle child, he feels like no one cares about him, so when Corrin returns to Hoshido, he comes out the way he does because he felt neglected for so long with the Hoshido family worrying all about Corrin for so many years. Yes, he's a jerk to Azura initially, but he just doesn't like the idea how she is a replacement for Corrin and could continue the tradition of the extra family individual that gets all the attention.

To be honest, his initial reaction is probably the most human reaction out of all the Hoshido siblings. I mean, sure, you'd probably be all warm and happy if you saw a long-lost sibling again, but at the same time, what if the sibling was raised all this time by your enemy nation? You'd probably feel hesitant approaching the individual because of where they are coming from.

Going into Conquest's plot, he does attack you several times, but put yourself in his shoes. How would you react when your mother gets killed and your sibling abandons your family after a tragic event like that? You would probably become overwhelmingly furious.

And going back to the inferiority complex thing, it's exactly that reason that he is very easy to be possessed or manipulated by some unknown force: Iago in Birthright and Anankos in Conquest. Heck, Azura even points out after Chapter 13 that it isn't the Takumi she remembers; she knows Takumi was always a kind dude and not someone who would raise his voice or threaten anyone. Corrin asks if his decision to join Nohr is part of the reason why Takumi is becoming insane, and Azura says it could be. It does make sense when your link about it. Feelings from an inferiority complex, trauma over his mother's death, upset from Corrin's decision is making him lose his sanity, hence why he think killing Corrin might help him gain some composure. Of course, a loss of sanity is also the perfect opportunity for a demon to possess him.

Meanwhile in Birthright, he does a fill a little reassured that you join Hoshido's side, but he still suffers the middle child inferiority complex and hence why he gets possessed in Chapter 10. Azura saves him, and she, Hinoka, and Sakura are able to reassure him that they care about him. Even Corrin reaches out to him and this is Takumi's response.

He opens up and feels bad for what he said. That shows he has a kind side. Play through the game, and you'll see he's a kind dude in many of his supports, and even acts like a relatable dork in different parts of the story. There's also the ending to Conquest, where he gives a heartfelt confession for all that he has done.

Cut to the late game in Birthright when Iago manages to manipulate Takumi in Chapter 25, and once again thanks to Azura singing, gaining his senses, and hearing the reassuring words of everyone as his mind is freed, he delivers this line.

Quite the development if you ask me. You can even sense his growth with his supports with Hinoka.

Then there's his B-Support with Kiragi, where Takumi says one of the deepest and most relatable lines out of any character in the game.

I don't know about you, but I'm sure we all had feelings like that at some point in our lives.

All in all, Takumi is probably one of the deepest characters in all of Fates, and it's because of that he's my favorite character in all of Fates. All it takes is to give him a second chance to really understand him.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After like a hunnid tries, I finally got Shiro. Damn, it's a good thing I still had a Rescue rod in my inventory to warp him before he could kill himself. Recruiting him would've been impossible for me without it.

Oh, and I also got Kiragi as well.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Here's another meme, to add to the growing pile:

But, really, who wouldn't fall in love with that?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Beat Chp. 10 on Birthiright. It was getting real Ninja Gaiden up in there. Also finally got Kagero and I am already really liking her. The C-support with Corrin was a bit humorous.

I've noticed that so far that Birthright it is a lot less extreme then Conquest in the story so far. I mean, for a reference, Azura and Corrin's Birthright C-support is them literally walking in a nice sunny day with smiles on their faces. Conquest is Corrin up in the dead of night waking up from nightmares and showing signs of extreme anxiety with Azura trying to help him ease his mind from his decision on Chp. 6. Yeah, don't think it needed to be THAT stark...

Also Reina needs to go to a psych ward with Peri.

I wonder if they have supports in Revelations...
I did find it adorable and funny how Kagero blushed about Corrin having to do his thing

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I finally got Revelations!
"How do we get Xander and Ryoma to listen? I know! Let's take out their army's commanders! They totally won't think we're going traitor because of that!"

How in the flying heck did you think that was going to work out, Azura?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So did anything ever happen to the Corrin Discord group @M@v was trying to put together? Is it still a thing? I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of information that could help me, and that would be the place to go to learn more.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I finally got Revelations!
"How do we get Xander and Ryoma to listen? I know! Let's take out their army's commanders! They totally won't think we're going traitor because of that!"

How in the flying heck did you think that was going to work out, Azura?
She tried to get their attention through actions instead of words, since Xander and Ryoma weren't listing to words. She had the right idea, it just didn't work.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
All the critical quotes in Fates in one video!
What critical quotes would everyone else here have?

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I'm doing a replay on Conquest Hard/Casual to see what I could have done differently than my 1st run. One thing I would LOVE to do is promote Mozu to Archer, but given the nature of Conquest its hard to lv her up. Any tips I'm currently on ch 9 of my replay and Mozu is lv 4 right now.
Edit Ninja proc'ed Lethality :p

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Yay! I completed Birthright!
Despite this, Takumi and Oboro were the MVPs. Overall, Birthright is a big step up from Awakening, especially the gameplay. Story was meh though. Now it's time to go back to Conquest and marry my true waifu Ophelia.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
She tried to get their attention through actions instead of words, since Xander and Ryoma weren't listing to words. She had the right idea, it just didn't work.
The right idea? That was a horrible, horrible idea. There was absolutely no way that was going to end well.

I mean, could IS of thought of any better ways to pit the two countries against them? Any at all? Because that was just incredibly stupid on Corrin's and Azura's part.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
The right idea? That was a horrible, horrible idea. There was absolutely no way that was going to end well.

I mean, could IS of thought of any better ways to pit the two countries against them? Any at all? Because that was just incredibly stupid on Corrin's and Azura's part.
Well what else did you want them to do? Sit still and watch as the two sides slaughter each other?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I decided to play Lunatic/Classic, since hey, I'm able to handle it on Conquest.

Turns out, though, that the unit balance is awful right from the get go. I guess I'm going to have to grind, because most of the characters are sitting ducks and that wind won't let me take it slow to feed them EXP.
Well what else did you want them to do? Sit still and watch as the two sides slaughter each other?
I dunno, something smarter than what they did. IS promised an amazing story, so I expected them to come up with a better reason to make them fight than that.

Even if it was just Ryoma and Xander going "if you're not with us, you're against us", that'd still be a better and more believable reason for them to be fighting then what actually happened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom