• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I'm currently at chapter 14 of Birthright and one of my proudest moment was me finally getting Jakob the Chef's hat and Flame Shuriken. Birthright is going to get a lot more interesting now!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally made it to Conquest Chapter 27. I'm almost at the end of the road here and with all my strongest units accounted for.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
I finally made it to Conquest Chapter 27. I'm almost at the end of the road here and with all my strongest units accounted for.
Same.

Anyway, any tips on how to succeed? Should I just rush to the boss or...?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Pair Up all of your units. The Merchant group will only chase you if you're either too close or within the large central hallway. This means they won't be an issue at all while you're fighting the midbosses, and you can lure them downward with a decoy unit while you rush the boss.

The enemies guarding the doors in the Priestess rooms also will not attack during the turn immediately following the Entrap turn, at least on Hard, so feel free to run away if one of your unit pairs can't safely handle whatever enemy they got matched with. Then use the stairs the enemies open to group your army in a room to take out the approaching Swordmaster and Spear Master pairs. After that, prep your army by the stairs to push towards the boss, then have a decoy lure the Merchant as mentioned and take down the boss. The Yato's second forms will reduce Dragonskin's effectiveness to 25% reduction instead of 50%, so you'll probably want to have Corrin do some fighting.

For Endgame, it's a hectic mixture of needing to push fast without overextending yourself. You have groups of cavalry who will approach all at once during Turn 4, and infinite Faceless reinforcements following that, so pack some anti-beast weapons and units. Hopefully you still have some charges of Freeze, Silence, and Rescue left. Freeze will hold off the cavalry for a little, Silence will prevent the Great Master and Maid from using their Hexing Rod and Freeze on you, and Rescue will allow you to make a faster push to send some units down to the boss. Corrin will again probably be vital for taking down the boss, especially as he is packing Vengeance and you want to cut him down all at once instead of letting him get attacks off with low HP.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm really bummed that the Tome/Scroll rank for Nohr Nobles maxes out at B rank. I really wanted to give my Corrin a Dragon Spirit Scroll but Dragon Spirits are A rank Scrolls. Also, does anyone know where i can get a Moonlight Tome? I've seen some people have it but i don't know where to find it. Lv.3 Armories don't sell them.

Unrelated: INTRODUCING SILLY SMASH 4, THE NEW SMASH 4 MOD (it's not actually called Silly Smash 4, that's just a name i made up)

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I'm really bummed that the Tome/Scroll rank for Nohr Nobles maxes out a B rank. I really wanted to give my Corrin a Dragon Spirit Scroll but Dragon Spirits are A rank Scrolls. Also, does anyone know where i can get a Moonlight Tome? I've seen some people have it but i don't know where to find it. Lv.3 Armories don't sell them.
Speaking of Nohr Nobles and tomes, I can't help but feel disappointed that their spellcasting animation is identical to their levin sword casting animation- the way they hold the tome all sideways? So lame. I just use a levin instead, which works out anyways, as the best tome Nohr Nobles can wield is Ragnarok, which has the same might as levin swords, but has that nasty -mag/skl debuff, plus the levin sword animation obviously fits better.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really bummed that the Tome/Scroll rank for Nohr Nobles maxes out at B rank. I really wanted to give my Corrin a Dragon Spirit Scroll but Dragon Spirits are A rank Scrolls. Also, does anyone know where i can get a Moonlight Tome? I've seen some people have it but i don't know where to find it. Lv.3 Armories don't sell them.
Moonlight Tomes are something you get randomly at your castle.
It's also a reward at your castle's inbox, but I can't remember if it's a visitor or battle reward.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I can't help but feel disappointed that their spellcasting animation is identical to their levin sword casting animation- the way they hold the tome all sideways? So lame.
Yeah, i'm kinda disappointed on that as well. At least the animation looks better when holding a Scroll.

Ragnarok, which has the same might as levin swords, but has that nasty -mag/skl debuff,
The debuff is actually not that bad if your magic and skill stats are high enough. And its even better when forged. Its for that reason i think Ragnarok>Levin Sword because you can only get 2-3 Levin Swords since they are of limited supply, even at lv.3 armories. Meanwhile, Lv.3 Armories have unlimited supplies of Ragnarok and if you buy enough of them, you can forge them 7 times for an extremely powerful Tome.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
People in 3 days I have a tournament, whats the best stage to play with Corrin? (And whats its the worst in the case that a fight with another one)

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well Kana's paralogue was much harder than I thought. I don't even remember how many tries it took for me to beat it.
But I finally did it

Hopefully the rest of the paralogues won't be as bad.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finally beat Conquest today. Unfortunately, I did lose a **** load of my units, but I did it...
Overall, I absolutely loved every minute of. I did enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed Birthright and the soundtrack is just so damn amazing, perhaps even more so than Awakening.

As such, I'm looking forward to playing Revelation, but I'm taking a break right now so I'll start on it this weekend.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well Kana's paralogue was much harder than I thought. I don't even remember how many tries it took for me to beat it.
But I finally did it

Hopefully the rest of the paralogues won't be as bad.
I played Kana's paralouge really late into Hard/Classic Conquest, and I found it to be refreshingly easy since none of the enemy units had any skills. Just use the dragons veins to fill the rivers, and it becomes really easy to play a defensive battle.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still haven't done the children paralogues for both Birthright and Conquest at the moment. Maybe after I finish with Revelation, I'll do those.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Upon finishing a visit to someone's My Castle, a random unit was born out of our relationship. Um wut. Just what are the avatars REALLY doing during these My Castle visits...?!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Upon finishing a visit to someone's My Castle, a random unit was born out of our relationship. Um wut. Just what are the avatars REALLY doing during these My Castle visits...?!
Well, it can happen with two avatars of the same gender, so yeah.

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Well, it can happen with two avatars of the same gender, so yeah.
I'm not understanding here. Units can randomly be recruited from my castles?
Wut?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not understanding here. Units can randomly be recruited from my castles?
Wut?
Visit the same person over and over again, and keep giving them accessories. And then...

The result is a "bond unit", which takes some traits from each "parent", gets one random change, and has a special mark on their face.

This is the bond unit I got from visiting my sister's castle a bunch.

It's kind of unnecessary and weird, but hey, I guess it doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Visit the same person over and over again, and keep giving them accessories. And then...

The result is a "bond unit", which takes some traits from each "parent", gets one random change, and has a special mark on their face.

This is the bond unit I got from visiting my sister's castle a bunch.

It's kind of weird an unnecessary, but hey, I guess it doesn't hurt.
That's...
Pretty ingenious actually. I like this :p

Astellius

Smash Ace
I got mine from a random person online. I guess we now know what a high number of visitor points on a person's card means. E.g., "Oh my, you really get around, don't you..." Haha.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hello Corrin mains! I came here to seek your help...

You see, I just bought Corrin. I had a hard time choosing between him and Bayonetta, and admittedly I chose Corrin only because of the Lost In Thoughts All Alone remix, which I love. I really need your help in figuring this character out because I honestly don't get him, and to be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed with my purchase. He kind of sucks, I don't know... Maybe it's because I never got to play him pre-patch 1.1.5. Can someone show me some videos or anything to convince me of his potential? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames

You see, I just bought Corrin. I had a hard time choosing between him and Bayonetta, and admittedly I chose Corrin only because of the Lost In Thoughts All Alone remix, which I love. I really need your help in figuring this character out because I honestly don't get him, and to be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed with my purchase. He kind of sucks, I don't know... Maybe it's because I never got to play him pre-patch 1.1.5. Can someone show me some videos or anything to convince me of his potential? Thanks a lot!
Ok so Corrins main idea is to carry the opponents into the air for combos. In case you haven't noticed, Dtilt, Ftilt, Uptilt, Nair, Fair, and Uair all have an upward knockback angle. The point is to combo using strings such as Dtilt->Uptilt->Nair->Uair or maybe Dtilt->Ftilt->Dtilt->Fair->Fair->Uair. Almost ever one of Corrins combos can be mixed around and are subject to however you feel the opponent is going to react and DI. Our best kill moves are Uair, Side-B tipper, Fsmash tipper, Bair, and Neutral B bite. All of these can kill at mid to high percents and aren't to hard to set up. If you want some good videos to get you interested, you can try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrViMjysaBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi992QCKtfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi20lo6OMJk

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice

Welcome to the club mang. Ok first things first she 's pretty much just as good after the patch. Its currently being argued if hes a little better or worse post patch. Corrin is not that hard a character to pick up. First your gonna need to know how to do an instant pin. When doing side b immediately roll your finger from B to A, this will perform an instant side b pin into the ground. This move is frame 8 and has amazing range, KB, and dmg. However is not completely safe vs all the cast... just dont spam it into oblivion (pretty damn safe on shield if spaced right, but not competently vs certain characters). Another thing to note is corrin's aerial game is amazing. Her f-airs and n- airs combo into themselves from mid 20's up till 80's on mid weight characters (now post patch u can easily get 3 aerials to true combo). At lower percents her falling fair-s and n-airs string into her down tilts which string into her up tilts which strings into Aerials. This is just the bare basics. There is allot more things corrin has, like guaranteed kill confirms, but for those and other corrin stuff just look around youtube and the forums. Also you better be a waifu corrin... we shun male corrins in these parts.

Arrei

Smash Lord
So I'm at Chapter 26 of Revelation. Stuff has happened, the boss has made himself known, and...

Wow, he is WEAK. Dude may have Dragonskin on him but he's outclassed by the Generals literally standing next to him. If it weren't for all the treasure on this map we could probably end it in one turn by chaining Rescue staves. The guy can hardly even scratch Xander!

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I've seen people saying Duck Hunt is good for Corrin. Dog for mixups, tree for Uair trapping, walls for pinning.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So I'm at Chapter 26 of Revelation. Stuff has happened, the boss has made himself known, and...

Wow, he is WEAK. Dude may have Dragonskin on him but he's outclassed by the Generals literally standing next to him. If it weren't for all the treasure on this map we could probably end it in one turn by chaining Rescue staves. The guy can hardly even scratch Xander!
I think he's weak because his boss stats are dependent on his stats when he was playable. And because he's benched early on (unless your really like him), he's not going to get high boss stats. Either way, he's a pure Jeigan. No wonder he's weak.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Ok so Corrins main idea is to carry the opponents into the air for combos. In case you haven't noticed, Dtilt, Ftilt, Uptilt, Nair, Fair, and Uair all have an upward knockback angle. The point is to combo using strings such as Dtilt->Uptilt->Nair->Uair or maybe Dtilt->Ftilt->Dtilt->Fair->Fair->Uair. Almost ever one of Corrins combos can be mixed around and are subject to however you feel the opponent is going to react and DI. Our best kill moves are Uair, Side-B tipper, Fsmash tipper, Bair, and Neutral B bite. All of these can kill at mid to high percents and aren't to hard to set up. If you want some good videos to get you interested, you can try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrViMjysaBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi992QCKtfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi20lo6OMJk
Thank you so much! These videos were really helpful. I actually went to Training Mode for a while and realized some things by myself, but you just gave me more ideas. I really appreciate it!

Welcome to the club mang. Ok first things first she 's pretty much just as good after the patch. Its currently being argued if hes a little better or worse post patch. Corrin is not that hard a character to pick up. First your gonna need to know how to do an instant pin. When doing side b immediately roll your finger from B to A, this will perform an instant side b pin into the ground. This move is frame 8 and has amazing range, KB, and dmg. However is not completely safe vs all the cast... just dont spam it into oblivion (pretty damn safe on shield if spaced right, but not competently vs certain characters). Another thing to note is corrin's aerial game is amazing. Her f-airs and n- airs combo into themselves from mid 20's up till 80's on mid weight characters (now post patch u can easily get 3 aerials to true combo). At lower percents her falling fair-s and n-airs string into her down tilts which string into her up tilts which strings into Aerials. This is just the bare basics. There is allot more things corrin has, like guaranteed kill confirms, but for those and other corrin stuff just look around youtube and the forums. Also you better be a waifu corrin... we shun male corrins in these parts.
Thanks for explaining how the whole pinning thing works. I couldn't figure it out, and was about to ask here how to do it, haha. Like I said above, I went to Training Mode for a while and saw many of the things he's capable of by myself, but you have just given me many more tools to try out. I love his Neutral Air. I don't think I will main him, but I could definitely choose him from time to time, like Captain Falcon and Peach, as he is very fun to use. He's the first and only Fire Emblem character I actually like :D

And I'm sorry, but I'm keeping my Corrin male, hahaha. I hate the female's voice. *Puts shield on*

Arrei

Smash Lord
I think he's weak because his boss stats are dependent on his stats when he was playable. And because he's benched early on (unless your really like him), he's not going to get high boss stats. Either way, he's a pure Jeigan. No wonder he's weak.
They've used independent stats for any other similar cases so far in this game, so I don't think that's the case. Still, I get he was weak when we saw him previously, but you'd think the final boss' power would've given him more of a boost.

Although, the previous three lieutenants were remarkably weak too. The previous boss had really low stats for a Swordmaster, especially in Spd.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
One hit KO'd a Little Mac with 0% damage with counter (I think I had some rage)... Heh heh, it's still great.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Speaking of Nohr Nobles and tomes, I can't help but feel disappointed that their spellcasting animation is identical to their levin sword casting animation- the way they hold the tome all sideways? So lame. I just use a levin instead, which works out anyways, as the best tome Nohr Nobles can wield is Ragnarok, which has the same might as levin swords, but has that nasty -mag/skl debuff, plus the levin sword animation obviously fits better.
But your avoidance takes a hit.

Onto other matters: would reclassing into a magic class (or at least a magic-resistant class) would help patch up my weaksauce resistance on my Hero!Corn?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Somewhat, but it's not really worth it to try and round out your defenses. By the endgame, enemies are slinging attacks usually in the 40-50 damage range, making it only worthwhile to tank it with someone specially geared towards soaking that type of damage or dodging it altogether. The later chapters of Revelation had me tanking physical damage with Xander paired with Ryoma, Dragonstone+ Corrine paired with her children, or Wolf Señor Velouria paired with her mother Camilla, and soaking magical damage with Elise or Dread Fighter Selkie.

I also found it greatly important to make smart use of defensive auras - specifically Sakura and Elise's personal skills and the Strategist level 15 skill, but also Rally Resistance and Rally Defense from the Strategist and Wyvern Lord classes.

Also, the final bosses of all three paths all deal physical damage and only Corrin is able to deal 75% damage through their Dragonskin skill, so Def is more valuable anyway.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Beat the Kitsune level, got the money on it from that one kitsune. Went to the store to finally buy somethings I needed.
Seriously, the shopkeepers on Conquest:
gCPIEB0.jpg
And even bettter, everyone in my castle keeps finding wheat on the ground!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The Ice Tribe is hosting a BBQ party. How thoughtful! They're even allowing Jakob to prepare the food!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Tonight has been a great night! I finished chapter 17 of Birthright. Jakob's cooking certainly helped out! Though I wish it didn't end abruptly.

Still, I got a gold ball for my efforts!

Arrei

Smash Lord
Is there a prize list anywhere for that? My only jackpot was an Arms Scroll, I think.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm really surprised no one posted this here yet.

Probably one of the funniest Fire Emblem Fates parodies I've seen thus far.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I also found it greatly important to make smart use of defensive auras - specifically Sakura and Elise's personal skills and the Strategist level 15 skill, but also Rally Resistance and Rally Defense from the Strategist and Wyvern Lord classes.
I can't tell you how much Rally Defense helped me in lategame Conquest. It also took little commitment to get it on Camilla, as she's mainly an axe fighter anyway.

Top Bottom