• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
Ah, but where would the fun in that be?

What's worse is being fully aware an enemy has Counter, then going total derp mode for a split second and killing yourself on them. I got killed by Azama in Conquest 11 because I completely forgot I was supposed to attack him from afar. :l

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Conquest's Hard Mode Chapter 10 has beaten me numerous times...

But I've beaten it the only time that matters, without any units dying. We're back to making progress ladies and gentlemen!

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
So, I reached Chapter 20 of Conquest. That's the map with the winds that moves your people, IIRC.

Any tips?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Happy Sumi- I mean... Happy Pie Day!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, I reached Chapter 20 of Conquest. That's the map with the winds that moves your people, IIRC.

Any tips?
Normal mode or Hard Mode?
In normal mode, if you use a dragons vein, your characters won't get moved at the end of the turn. I always kept someone near a dragon vein point in case I found myself in a tough spot and had to activate it.

In hard mode, they winds will play you around to though...I think in my hard mode playthrough, I only used one or two of the dragon veins.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I camped the lower left portion of the map, making sure I didn't get blown around until all the approaching enemies were taken out. After that, the only thing you need to watch for is the reinforcements that come to back up Fuga when you fight him.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this a while back: while I love most of the Nohrian tracks more than the Hoshido tracks (though I think the Hoshido tracks are awesome too), there is one Hoshido track that I consider a mind-blowingly epic and amazing track that I think deserves to be talked about.

It's this.

This is the Birthright Chapters 23, 24, and 25 battle music. I remember hearing it for the the first time and absolutely loving it because it has this very strong adventurous, victorious, and heroic vibe yet climatic feel to it. Listening to it makes me think, "This war has really started to heat up, but no way are we backing down! This is the final stretch! Let's make the most of this.... NOW!" *says the word in Ryoma's voice*.

It's giving me ideas for another discussion topic that I'll get to later.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Geez, I paired Kaden with Peri, and... do Peri and Selkie have the same voice actress? And they're both childishly psychopathic in battle? A case of like mother like daughter if I've ever seen one...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Just as the title says, the one, the only, it's me, Naga!

Hailing from Louisville KY and the Bourbon State Smash Scene, I'm here to share with you guys my journey to becoming a great smash player.

I am starting to post to a youtube channel because why not? I invite any and all to come watch me, tell me i'm trash, and to "git gud"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4lPhxW3yAfMMmCuNE5y38g

I hope you guys enjoy watching the struggle as I try to master the Ins and Outs of Corrin. I personally love the character and it feels completely natural to play HER. (male corrin sux) #pinkhairwaifu

PS: I also may upload some splatoon content in the future
This belongs in the social thread, and will be merged.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Hey guys I'm getting Conquest this weekend but I'm having trouble on what DLC maps I'll get for it I only have $10 for it. The ones I'm favoring are:
Boo Camp (A must have for Conquest)
Ghostly Gold (this is the one i'm considering dropping but its Conquest so is it worth it?)
Royal Royale (For dread fighter, how good is it in Fates now that they've dropped tomes?)
Vanguard Dawn (Because Ike its sooo worth it also I'm thinking Xander would DESTROY with it for some reason)
ect. Conquest or Revelation background for 3ds (Because I'm sick of the plain white screen and 3ds menu music(?) Which one do you like more)
In the end I have to drop one so any suggestions?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Pro tip:
grind supports with Scarlet and remove all of Scarlet's weapons and items before attempting Ch.18. Ch.18 is where Scarlet dies. And you CAN NOT save her.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Pro tip:
grind supports with Scarlet and remove all of Scarlet's weapons and items before attempting Ch.18. Ch.18 is where Scarlet dies. And you CAN NOT save her.
She can't support anyone in Revelation. Nor can Gunter.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Geez, I paired Kaden with Peri, and... do Peri and Selkie have the same voice actress? And they're both childishly psychopathic in battle? A case of like mother like daughter if I've ever seen one...
Not sure, but I'm pretty sure Selkie and Hinoka have the same one.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Never mind, actually - I think I might have gotten myself mixed up with Gunter there.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Seeing as how Intelligent Systems made both games, I wonder if Tsujiyoko was inspired by the Bowser Battle theme from TTYD when she made Lost King's Supper in Conquest.

I dunno, I just hear an incredible similarity

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Personally I would buy the gold, exp, vanguard, and whatever else you can get. It gives you more options on units and can allow a good grinding process even if exp dlc is harder it is still good

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Because my mom is a huge hypocrite with money, it'll probably be a good while until get any Fates DLC. I don't know how she did it, but she managed to burn her and my dad's combined paycheck in just under four days. This also means that my Gamepad charger isn't getting replaced in the next two weeks either.

I'm nearly done with high school...it's probably about time that I get a job, because I can't expect to get anything from my parents these days.

I probably sound like a whining spoiled millennial, but I'm seriously sick of how my parents can't seem get their money issues together as of late.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Pokken comes out Friday. I am hyped AF for that game.

I plan on maining Pikachu or Charizard.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just defeated Conquest on Hard/Classic mode. I didn't reset for the final boss, but I had two casualties - Leo and Camilla. Honestly I'm surprised more characters didn't die when they did. I made the mistake of provoking two enemy groups at once, which was followed by the cavalry at the southernmost part of the stage deciding to start moving and the final boss charging up its massive attack. Keaton was also struck down by several magic users at a different part of the fight, but I was able to get him back with the Bifrost staff.

I think I'll wait a little bit before I try Lunatic/Classic. I need a break to figure out a plan for that.

Arrei

Smash Lord
It's not a true victory until everyone makes it home! ...Although, technically Leo and Camilla can't die for story purposes...

Conquest Endgame is definitely nerve-wracking. I would've lost Ophelia if not for a lucky dodge, because I didn't account for the wyvern group's movement being different after the boss destroys the pillars with his mega wave. But once I managed to have Elise and Felicia Rescue Corrin/Charlotte and Azura down to the boss, he sure went down super quick.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Ugh, Conquest endgame wouldn't be half as bad if you could save in between 27 and Endgame, it 27 isn't that hard, but it's a pain in the @#$ to do over and over again.

Nah

Smash Champion
Ugh, Conquest endgame wouldn't be half as bad if you could save in between 27 and Endgame, it 27 isn't that hard, but it's a pain in the @#$ to do over and over again.
Ew really you can't save between chapter 27 and Endgame in Conquest? That's no fun. It's like the chapter in Path of Radiance where you fight the Black Knight.

from reading you guys's posts it almost sounds like everything from chapter 20 on in Conquest is kinda nasty ;-;

Arrei

Smash Lord
All the paths don't let you save in between 27 and Endgame, actually. It's actually worse in Birthright, because you have a lot more squishy units and 27 involves a LOT of enemies standing between you and Garon, whereas Conquest 27 just has a few stronger, midboss style enemies that you take down before making for a big zerg rush on the boss.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Meanwhile, the Revelation final boss has like, 4 HP bars. 2 of them have 61 HP and the other 2 have 80 HP. In total, the final boss has 282 HP. Although in lunatic, two of the HP bars have 63 HP, so the total is 286 HP.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Someone: So what's the difference between Conquest and Birthright besides story?
Me:

Seeing this joke makes me want to come up with "Playing Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest is like living in college" for some reason. Call it a random thought, I know, but that's what crossed my mind in amusement just looking at this.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Meanwhile, the Revelation final boss has like, 4 HP bars. 2 of them have 61 HP and the other 2 have 80 HP. In total, the final boss has 282 HP. Although in lunatic, two of the HP bars have 63 HP, so the total is 286 HP.
... what?... I... planned on doing revelations hard mode like I did in conquest...
*runs to the corner to start crying

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It took me like 6 tries to beat Conquest Chapter 23. I ended up losing Gunter on my last try but because I was far too close to finishing it, I had to move on without him. Didn't get get to start on Chapter 24 because I ended up level grinding on the Boo Camp DLC instead. I also just got the Ghostly Gold DLC recently.

And yep, it's ****ed up you can't save between Chapter 27 and Endgame when I was playing Birthright. So it looks like this also happens on the other two routes then.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yup. It even happens once more, on 17 and 18 in Revelation. And 18 is SCARY for that to happen on, because outside of Leo and Xander they dump a new load of underleveled units on you you have to protect the whole time.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yup. It even happens once more, on 17 and 18 in Revelation. And 18 is SCARY for that to happen on, because outside of Leo and Xander they dump a new load of underleveled units on you you have to protect the whole time.
Its like
Corrin: Damn... we need reinforcements
Xander and Leo: we are here brother
Retainers:We are here too argh
(One of retainers get hit by a enemy general and dies)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
... what?... I... planned on doing revelations hard mode like I did in conquest...
*runs to the corner to start crying
Look on the brightside, there's no BS gimmick like those shockwaves during the Conquest Endgame. And your also equipped with the Omega Yato. Also, the two HP bars that have 61 HP (63 in Lunatic) are for the final boss's hands. You have to destroy the final boss's hands. GEE, NINTENDO SURE HASN'T DONE THAT BEFORE!

It's actually between Ch.16 and 17. What i did with the underleveld retainers is i just paired them up and moved them out of enemy range. Once you get past that first wave of mounted units, Ch.17 is actually fairly easy. Especially since you can man one of the ballistas and shoot arrows at Iago until he has low enough HP for you to one-shot him.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Right, right, 16 and 17. Still, I was constantly paranoid a wave of reinforcements would appear to surprise me from behind while I was busy with other enemies and couldn't spare the men to protect the retainers. Iago was the least of my worries, seeing as he has a mere Fimbulvetr tome instead of Ginnungagap or Excalibur. Though that fort he's sitting in requires the use of two ballistas to make any sort of dent in his health.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I haven't gotten Revelations yet, but can't you protect the retainers by pairing them up as support units?

Top Bottom