• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Whenever a character dies in Classic and I have to reset, it really saps my motivation to keep playing. Especially if I was really close the to end of the level.
I've been there. Honestly if I'm like, one or two moves away from clearing a given stage and a unit falls then they just stay fallen.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I didnt beat it, I just started it and Azure is just so weak
Er, yeah. My Azura doesn't seemed to be getting any good results either.
chapter 13
Didn't have any problems with that one myself...though if you're talking about Conquest or Revelations, then I don't know.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Arrei

Smash Lord
She's not supposed to be useless. Azura has surprisingly great offensive growths for someone so squishy. She's lightning quick and packs a punch, but her entire usefulness lies in the strategic advantages her Sing grants you, which also grants her free EXP to allow other units that so sorely need it to get it instead, so why would you make her fight? Plus her HP growths are just beyond bad so it's still not a good idea to make her fight as another class.

What really saved my bacon that chapter is packing Vulneraries before the fight and fishing them out of the Convoy to use as needed. If you choose to use the Dragon Vein to go for more EXP and stat increasing items, each character can also use two Vulneraries per turn. It's almost not worth the trouble though, because a replica Azura still can't fight and can't Sing, but still shares her HP with the real Azura...

Last edited:

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Plus her HP growths are just beyond *** so it's still not a good idea to make her fight as another class.
Her HP is absolutely horrid, no doubt about that. Though the first chance I got, I turned her into a Falcon Knight and she's been giving me great results so far. I choose instead to focus her on healing instead of singing and because of her high resistance, she'll mop the floor with any mages she comes across.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Her HP is absolutely horrid, no doubt about that. Though the first chance I got, I turned her into a Falcon Knight and she's been giving me great results so far. I choose instead to focus her on healing instead of singing and because of her high resistance, she'll mop the floor with any mages she comes across.
Perhaps, but if I wanted a Falcon Knight, I have other options. Azura is the only character that will let me do things like attack a stationary enemy then Sing them out of there to prevent retaliation. This has been especially important in Conquest where bosses love to start packing skills that bolster them significantly on combats initiated by them. Plus, giving a unit of my choice a second option basically means she acts as a double for any unit in my army, provided I can keep her safe.

Until/Unless I get someone with Rally Speed, she's also my only way to buff an ally's Spd stat, which has come in handy more than I thought it would.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Time for me to do Conquest chapter 10 and see if it's as bad as y'all say it is even tho normal mode

Arrei

Smash Lord
Keep them Freeze staves handy.

no, mother, no

not the pegasus knights

anything but the pegasusesi

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Perhaps, but if I wanted a Falcon Knight, I have other options. Azura is the only character that will let me do things like attack a stationary enemy then Sing them out of there to prevent retaliation. This has been especially important in Conquest where bosses love to start packing skills that bolster them significantly on combats initiated by them. Plus, giving a unit of my choice a second option basically means she acts as a double for any unit in my army, provided I can keep her safe.

Until/Unless I get someone with Rally Speed, she's also my only way to buff an ally's Spd stat, which has come in handy more than I thought it would.
Gonna have to agree, at least insofar as Birthright is concerned. Azura has been a godsend; you have to keep her on the backlines most of the time, but the same is true of any squishy. In return she opens up a lot of options in addition to being an amazing autocorrecting factor: all of us make short-sighted moves or misclicks sometimes, and the game is a lot less punishing when you have abilities like Sing and Shelter to help compensate (better yet, Sing a unit in a dangerous spot then Shelter Azura; she can't take a hit but Silas sure can). The stat buffs that Sing grants later on are also super helpful when you're up against a fast or high crit % unit that you can't afford to roll the dice on.

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Gonna have to agree, at least insofar as Birthright is concerned. Azura has been a godsend; you have to keep her on the backlines most of the time, but the same is true of any squishy. In return she opens up a lot of options in addition to being an amazing autocorrecting factor: all of us make short-sighted moves or misclicks sometimes, and the game is a lot less punishing when you have abilities like Sing and Shelter to help compensate (better yet, Sing a unit in a dangerous spot then Shelter Azura; she can't take a hit but Silas sure can). The stat buffs that Sing grants later on are also super helpful when you're up against a fast or high crit % unit that you can't afford to roll the dice on.
Might be my Awakening mentality getting the better of me. I'm so used to reinforcements spawning right next to my most frail units and killing them when they otherwise would've been safe. I suppose I can always change her back into a Songstress later but she's serving me best where she is now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My character, Azure and
Gunter

I am about too, she is useless to me right now

Im playing conquest so there is that
I made Azura a Great Lord on Birthright and she destroyed butts. If you only have Conquest you can't use the Dread Fighter until the dlc map that gives it is out though. Which means you can't use the Dark Flier when Revelation releases unless you also buy Birthright.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I've got two Dread Scrolls from buying two paths in Conquest. Haven't used them on anyone. Not sure who could really use them.

The problem is, basically anyone you give the Exalt's Brand to is going to destroy their fair share of butts. And Azura is probably up there as one of the worst options for said butt-destroying, since she's going to be a melee class with abysmal HP and defense and an E rank in swords, and to get that you had to give up the Sing ability. I saved my Brand to give to my Str/Spd-based Kana, and now she's packing Draconic Hex, Dragon Fang, Sol, Astra, and Aether all at once. Just need to get Hoshidan Unity in there for the Revelation run.

Last edited:

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
HOLD EVERYTHING.

There's an S-Rank Staff that revives fallen allies!?

...Which classes can hit S in staves again?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've got two Dread Scrolls from buying two paths in Conquest. Haven't used them on anyone. Not sure who could really use them.

The problem is, basically anyone you give the Exalt's Brand to is going to destroy their fair share of butts. And Azura is probably up there as one of the worst options for said butt-destroying, since she's going to be a melee class with abysmal HP and defense and an E rank in swords, and to get that you had to give up the Sing ability. I saved my Brand to give to my Str/Spd-based Kana, and now she's packing Draconic Hex, Dragon Fang, Sol, Astra, and Aether all at once. Just need to get Hoshidan Unity in there for the Revelation run.
You get the Dread Fighter for buying 1 path. You get the Dark Flier for buying 2. Azura is best as a Great Lord.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree there. I don't see how giving up your only unit who can Sing, effectively giving you two uses of any unit you choose on a map, is worth receiving a Great Lord who can't take a hit, has to start from E in weapon proficiency, and would have otherwise received free EXP from singing that allowed her to level without taking it from other units.

If I wanted to use my Brand that early, I'd have saved it for Selena or Peri.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I want to show this to people who think Azura is a bad unit

This is my Azura in Conquest. Notice that she has Aether. I reclassed her into a Great Lord at Lv.24. When she leveld up, she learned Aether. Once Aether was obtained, i reclassed her back in to Songstress. So here's my tip for Azura: reclass her into anything you want to get skills. But once you have what you need, reclass her back into Songstress. You want that second turn, especially in Conquest. If your having trouble with her HP, give her a Seraph Robe. Give her the Boots item as well.

The problem is, basically anyone you give the Exalt's Brand to is going to destroy their fair share of butts. And Azura is probably up there as one of the worst options for said butt-destroying, since she's going to be a melee class with abysmal HP and defense and an E rank in swords
Great Lords can use lances though. As i mentioned before, i reclassed Azura into a Great Lord just to get Aether since she really needs an offense skill.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Forgot about that, but it's a moot point seeing as she has E in lances too. Point is, I think she really is just not built for close-quarters combat, Aether or otherwise, and my Azura's even turned out stronger than yours. But she's still rocking that E level in lances, because she spends all of her turns singing and letting the heavy lifters do their thing. It's so useful, it gets to the point it feels weird when I leave her out for a map and keep thinking "Dang, I could've had Azura sing me out of this situation".

I just have to remember to keep her out of the direct fray and she's golden.

Of course, those goshdurn Stoneborn make that REALLY hard to do. I nearly lost her just now to the exact same Stoneborn that killed her the last time I tried Ch. 21, except it decided to attack my Elise with full guard gauge instead.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Point is, I think she really is just not built for close-quarters combat, Aether or otherwise,
Yeah i see your point. I guess it just comes down to how you want to use Azura. They way i use Azura (and other dancers in the series) is that i always bring them into a battle, even if they can't fight back. Most of the time, i use them to give one of my units a second turn. If they're capable of combat, i occasionally let them kill the weakened enemy units so that they can get more EXP from killing since singing/dancing only gives 10 EXP.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Does it really matter when she is crap in using Lances right now?

I see no pint in using her but i forced to train her for chap 15
You should've trained her earlier. Then you wouldn't be having that problem. Azura has a big advantage over the dancers of past games in the series: She joins early. Most dancers join mid-game at low level so they get OHKO'd easily (although they're still usable). With Azura, due to her early arrival, she has more chances to get EXP. She's like the healer who joins you early in the game. They're really bad but once trained properly, they become great. I would say Azura is an Est-character, but Est-characters are defined by they're late game arrival at a low level (usually lv.1) who become gods when trained because their growths are top-tier. Azura, unfortunately, doesn't have top-tier growths. Her strength, speed, skill and luck growths are great but her HP, defense and resistance growths are bad. So basically, Azura is a glass-cannon.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Hmm... I'm confused here. Conquest 22. Dragon Veins: "Flatten a levee. But if Sakura uses it..." What's in store for me here? I see she's standing on a vein...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You should've trained her earlier. Then you wouldn't be having that problem. Azura has a big advantage over the dancers of past games in the series: She joins early. Most dancers join mid-game at low level so they get OHKO'd easily (although they're still usable). With Azura, due to her early arrival, she has more chances to get EXP. She's like the healer who joins you early in the game. They're really bad but once trained properly, they become great. I would say Azura is an Est-character, but Est-characters are defined by they're late game arrival at a low level (usually lv.1) who become gods when trained because their growths are top-tier. Azura, unfortunately, doesn't have top-tier growths. Her strength, speed, skill and luck growths are great but her HP, defense and resistance growths are bad. So basically, Azura is a glass-cannon.
The thing is I didnt care about her, I didnt know there will be a chapter where I had to use her

Right now I'm trainer her in the DLC, she just hit 10

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Guys, look what i found on Miiverse

Derpy Takumi is the best.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Guys, look what i found on Miiverse

Derpy Takumi is the best.
Lol, I find that funny considering I just changed my avatar to Takumi just now (and it looks like I'm the only one around here who's done that at the moment).

I bet it'd be funnier if we saw that derpy Takumi animated.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lol, I find that funny considering I just changed my avatar to Takumi just now (and it looks like I'm the only one around here who's done that at the moment).

I bet it'd be funnier if we saw that derpy Takumi animated.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Azura is like a est-unit, that come early, can sing, have only decent growth, can be one shot be almost all enemies, yeah a total est, they should really rename the est archtype to Azura-unit

(I'm kidding :p)

Top Bottom