• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Had this game been released 5 years ago with Fire Emblem's current popularity, nobody would've cared about localization changes. See, this is what happens when you become impatient and decide to fan-translate a game 6-7 months in advance. And if you have the game already, why even complain about the localization? The dialogue wasn't butchered (nowhere near it) and no content was removed. Skinship was altered slightly and they still kept the spouse interactions in. Learn the differences between censorship and localization. Oh and name changes have happened MILLIONS of times before. This is nothing new. Kanna had one letter removed to make it Kana? Explain to me what's wrong with that. Nobody complained about Gogoato being changed to Gogoat so nobody should be complaining about Kanna being changed to Kana. Tell Salado that entire paragraph i just wrote.
I think a lot of the negative reaction is coming from people either who became fans after awakening or are older fans who ride in the "TOO MUCH CENSORSHIP/CHANGES TO A GAME ARE BAD" boat that a lot of people tend to ride in nowadays.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I have some questions about Nohr, my 1st FE game being Awakening:
1. Because of being limited in exp how do you cope and choose the units you want to use and the units you want to leave behind?
2. Can you have your MU have supports with multiple people (1-3) and still manage to get married in Nohr without suffering or being left behind in stats?
3. General question but does the character have to be married at at a certain chapter like Chrom to the person you have the highest support with?
4. Would you consider reclassing your MU in your first playthrough, why or why not?
1. It's my first play through Conquest, so I'm still unsure of who I'm going to be taking towards the end.
2. Yes, that remains exactly the same.
3. No, this is because children have absolutely no bearing on the story.
4. No, I like sticking with their default line.

Btw people, don't fret over the removal of face petting. You are not missing much, it's just... kind of there for me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I asked Salado what are his thoughts about the change of dialogue and this is what he said.

Why he so mad
He needs to caaaaalm down
The two "Ns" in the name is literally a case of Escargoon from KRBAY
US - Escargoon
JP - Escargon
Do people complain about it?
No they don't
So why does Buttface McGee over here have to abandon his damn daughter just because they decided to remove one N
Also
"Spending $80 for less content"
So far they have removed a whopping "Nothing"
Face Petting is still around (And now it's for S-Supports only which makes MORE SENSE THAN JUST PETTING PEOPLE'S FACES RANDOMLY")
Same amount of dialogue as far as I know, just with different phrasing or scenario
C'mon, Salad Fingers
You need some more Pepper with that salt, bro. :drshrug:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I think a lot of the negative reaction is coming from people either who became fans after awakening or are older fans who ride in the "TOO MUCH CENSORSHIP/CHANGES TO A GAME ARE BAD" boat that a lot of people tend to ride in nowadays.
Yeah but even then, most of the negative reactions makes no sense. There's like, one or two legitimate complaints people may have about Fates, and i don't even know what they are.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Yeah but even then, most of the negative reactions makes no sense. There's like, one or two legitimate complaints people may have about Fates, and i don't even know what they are.
The only legitimate complaint i'm probably going to have is story elements.

Others might complain about how the difficulty is being lowered.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Should I tell Salado that Fates doesn't have dual audio? He's still holding out hope that he can listen to Camilla with Miyuki Sawashiro's voice.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ooo! Salt?

Like the Dead Sea
You told me I was like the Dead Sea
You'll never sink when you are with me
Oh, Lord, like the Dead Sea

Whoa, I'm like the Dead Sea
The finest words you ever said to me
Honey can't you see,
I was born to be, be your Dead Sea

Embrace it! Corrin is your Dead Sea, everyone, Fire Emblem-ers and Smashers... You'll never sink when Corrin's around and you'll never sink with the localized Fire Emblem: If because they were born to be, be your Dead Sea.

Well, treat Fire Emblem: Fates like the sea
It's so salty and mean
Aha ha
Oh, treat Corrin like the sea
Oh-so salty and mean
Aha ha

:p

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Hum... what Shadowofchaos would say about Salado?

I say that he should hack the game to either: play japanese edition with english patch
Or get the american/europe and patch to get japanese voices and other japanese things and a Kana with 20 "n"

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Mind telling me what happened about the "no pants" thing before. Like i don't understand where in the game this glitch(?) is.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So i found the ESRB summary for Fates. Here's what they have to say: "This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior battling evil forces (e.g., soldiers, demons). Battles are depicted from an overhead perspective, with characters moving around a grid while taking turns selecting attack moves from a menu. Attacks are presented in short animated sequences: characters striking each other with swords, lances, axes, and pistols. Cutscenes also depict violent acts: characters stabbing themselves or sacrificing themselves for others (e.g., jumping in the way of an attack). A handful of scenes depict silhouetted splashes of blood or brief mist-like sprays when characters are struck. A handful of female characters are depicted wearing low-cut outfits that reveal large amounts of cleavage; in one cutscene, the camera (from a first-person perspective) zooms-in on a female character's cleavage."

We know which cutscene the ESRB is talking about in that last sentence. Also, what pistols? There are no pistols in this game. Whoever wrote this confused bows with pistols.........somehow.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
in one cutscene, the camera (from a first-person perspective) zooms-in on a female character's cleavage."

We know which cutscene the ESRB is talking about in that last sentence.
>in ONE cutscene
>Which Cutscene
Both of those are lacking plurals
And I know for a fact there's at least 2 of them from what I've seen
So both of you are fibbers

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
>in ONE cutscene
>Which Cutscene
They might have censored one of them, and I saw one of them un censored and I like the other one better. Lets pray we can see the upper half of non-censored sister again as well as the bottom half on non-censored sister.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So, a few days ago, i said this:
So GameXplain is uploading more English Fates content.
I'm actually not gonna watch it for two reasons.
1. This is one of the few Fates spoilers I haven't seen and I want to find out how it plays out for myself.
2. He doesn't marry Azura (but even if he did, I would still wait until I actually get the game).
Yeah, I couldn't resist. This weakness of mine...

>in ONE cutscene
>Which Cutscene
Ok, listen. There are two cutscenes. You decided which one the ESRB is talking about. I'm gonna assume its the Birthright version. Because i don't know which one the ESRB is talking about.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ok, listen. There are two cutscenes. You decided which one the ESRB is talking about. I'm gonna assume its the Birthright version. Because i don't know which one the ESRB is talking about.
Lemme think
There's one where little Drill-Haired sister in taking you somewhere and you bump into Motherly Sister
There's the one where Motherly Sister is meeting you that was in the trailer
There's the beach one but that's moreso a picture
Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head
How many brothers and sisters do we have again

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Lemme think
There's one where little Drill-Haired sister in taking you somewhere and you bump into Motherly Sister
There's the one where Motherly Sister is meeting you that was in the trailer
There's the beach one but that's moreso a picture
Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head
How many brothers and sisters do we have again
Corrin has 4 brothers, two on each side, and 4 sisters, two on each side. And then there's Corrin's real, blood related sister

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Can i still ship Kamui and Oboo. If not this is the worst forum in all the land and I will report you to Donald Trump. But I just want fates out

(Groans of increasing discomfort) I don't care if his gets old, it will be in all my posts here.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Can i still ship Kamui and Oboo. If not this is the worst forum in all the land and I will report you to Donald Trump. But I just want fates out

(Groans of increasing discomfort) I don't care if his gets old, it will be in all my posts here.
Yes but keep in mind, if you do, i will execute Order 67.

JK, yes you can ship Corrin and Oboro. Corrin x Azura is superior but i respect people's opinions (as long as their opinions are not salty)

Top Bottom