• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Only 5 days left until Fates comes out.

Won't be in here very often after release out of concern that I might end getting spoiled.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh hey, its Valentine's Day. To celebrate Valentine's Day, i've decided to share my top 3 favorite Fire Emblem shippings. Going in order (they're in spoiler tags because large images)

This isn't on my list of favorite FE shippings but this is hilarious

On a side note. we have a new name change:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh hey, its Valentine's Day. To celebrate Valentine's Day, i've decided to share my top 3 favorite Fire Emblem shippings. Going in order (they're in spoiler tags because large images)

This isn't on my list of favorite FE shippings but this is hilarious

On a side note. we have a new name change:
Corrin x Azura is the marriage that I'm going for when I get the game. I can't help but think the two are perfect together due to similar backgrounds and the fact the two look out for each other throughout each version of Fates.

As for Ryoma's son names change... I'm getting a little Fate/Stay Night vibe from him now, especially since he is the son of a sword master.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Corrin x Azura is the marriage that I'm going for when I get the game. I can't help but think the two are perfect together due to similar backgrounds and the fact the two look out for each other throughout each version of Fates.

As for Ryoma's son names change... I'm getting a little Fate/Stay Night vibe from him now, especially since he is the son of a sword master.
Yeah, Corrin and Azura are perfect for each other. Japan also feels that way. In the Famitsu marriage poll, Azura won 1st place as the best marriage option.Other reasons i'm doing Corrin x Azura is because light-blue hair looks great on Kana and also, marrying Azura is the only way Corrin can get two kids.
Oh and there's also the fact that Revelation gives subtle hints that Corrin x Azura is canon. Fun fact: Azura is the only character two have two different confession scenes, one for Birthright/Conquest and one for Revelation. She's also the only character whose supports with Corrin are different depending on the path chosen (I feel that Intelligent Systems is trying to tell us something here). If you want to read them, you can find them here (note: these are the Japanese versions of the supports that have been directly translated by fans. They may or may not be the same in the English versions).
Corrin x Azura Birthright and Conquest supports: http://pastebin.com/8HvAEyjp
Corrin x Azura Revelation supports: http://pastebin.com/qLSYEHE7
You also said something about Shiro and Fate/Stay Night. I haven't seen Fate/Stay Night but i somehow get the feeling that there will be a Fire Emblem Fates x Fate/Stay Night parody. Actually, i'm sure that exists somewhere.
Meanwhile, i'm gonna make my own parody where i'm gonna have Duel of the Fates playing during the each version of Ch.6 in Fire Emblem Fates. Because Ch.6 is the Branch of Fate. So there's gonna be a duel.....of the fates..........i'll go now.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'm really the only person that dont like azura? She seems just... non-emotional, she makes 10 diferents faces and i only see 1
Plus a kid will "die" if marry any of 1° gen, and the only kid that i want killed is daughter of my favorite hoshido 1°gen... so yeah

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yeah, Corrin and Azura are perfect for each other. Japan also feels that way. In the Famitsu marriage poll, Azura won 1st place as the best marriage option.Other reasons i'm doing Corrin x Azura is because light-blue hair looks great on Kana and also, marrying Azura is the only way Corrin can get two kids.
Oh and there's also the fact that Revelation gives subtle hints that Corrin x Azura is canon. Fun fact: Azura is the only character two have two different confession scenes, one for Birthright/Conquest and one for Revelation. She's also the only character whose supports with Corrin are different depending on the path chosen (I feel that Intelligent Systems is trying to tell us something here). If you want to read them, you can find them here (note: these are the Japanese versions of the supports that have been directly translated by fans. They may or may not be the same in the English versions).
You also said something about Shiro and Fate/Stay Night. I haven't seen Fate/Stay Night but i somehow get the feeling that there will be a Fire Emblem Fates x Fate/Stay Night parody. Actually, i'm sure that exists somewhere.
Meanwhile, i'm gonna make my own parody where i'm gonna have Duel of the Fates playing during the each version of Ch.6 in Fire Emblem Fates. Because Ch.6 is the Branch of Fate. So there's gonna be a duel.....of the fates..........i'll go now.
About the support conversations:
Lol'd a bit at the S-Support Conversation for Revelation. It's Chrom x Female MU all over again.:laugh:
Regarding the Fate/Stay Night and Fire Emblem Fates parody, there already is one sort of parody of Fire Emblem Fates and Fate/Stay Night over at Tumblr.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm really the only person that dont like azura? She seems just... non-emotional, she makes 10 diferents faces and i only see 1
Plus a kid will "die" if marry any of 1° gen, and the only kid that i want killed is daughter of my favorite hoshido 1°gen... so yeah
If you marry a 1st gen unit as Corrin, you can choose which 2nd gen unit will not get born. Like, in my case, i'll have Hayato stay single so that Rahjat won't be born. I looked up Azura's personality, and, according to the wiki " Although she can get slightly emotional at times, Azura is kindhearted and surprisingly knowledgeable about many things, some of which others would not know about. Examples include the history of Valla (Revelation only), her unique ability to manipulate water through the use of her necklace and a brief history about dragons and degeneration from her mother. Azura's singing holds great, but mysterious powers, which hold a multitude of uses, namely for breaking spells, re-energizing friendly units during battle (similar to the dancing mechanic of previous games) and calming the madness the Avatar suffers from when they transform into a dragon for the first time in Chapter 5. She has the worst cases of bed hair in the army". Also, that last sentence. "She has the worst cases of bed hair". I can see why. I feel that Azura will be a popular character here in the west but one of the things people will dislike about her is that she gives too much exposition. I don't mind that though.
Her ending in Revelation is the "we have no records of her existence" type of ending. If she marries Corrin, the ending is something like "we know Azura became Corrin's wife but other than that, we have no records of her". I don't like those types of endings.

Last edited:

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
There's one flaw though.
They're cousins.

So, what microSD do you all use on your New3DS XL?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm definetely having Saizo and Kagero marry and Kaze will marry Orochi.

CorrinxAzura is funny cause
it's the only actual incest relationship in the game.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
There's one flaw though.
They're cousins.
CorrinxAzura is funny cause
it's the only actual incest relationship in the game.
I am well aware of that. But cousin marriages are normal in most places. There's also the fact that, because Corrin and Azura being cousins is only mentioned a total of one time and its only mentioned in Revelation, i can see localization being like "Mikoto and Arete were best friends. Where did you hear they were sisters?".

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am well aware of that. But cousin marriages are normal in most places. There's also the fact that, because Corrin and Azura being cousins is only mentioned a total of one time and its only mentioned in Revelation, i can see localization being like "Mikoto and Arete were best friends. Where did you hear they were sisters?".
I guess that is possible
especially since they don't look alike.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I guess that is possible
especially since they don't look alike.
Yeah, making that slight change will actually make it more believable. Then again, Fire Emblem genetics are weird.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I just found out a "For Glory Only" tactic with Corrin
(I got Corrin today, by the way. HYYYYPE! :4pacman)
Literally nobody seems to know that you can mash out of Dragon Lunge's pinned state on For Glory
So if you got quick fingers, you can just wait for it to Cancel out and then Pin them again when they're doing the little "I hit the ground so I'll bounce once because why not" animation the second Corrin lands (I.E. as soon as you know you're on the ground, use the Lunge)
And then you can do it again
And again
And again
And as long as you move backwards a little bit after each lunge (I.E. while you're falling, press back slightly before flicking forward for the Side B) you can do it as many times as you want until they learn they can mash out
So it's basically a "Baby's First Chaingrab"
Which is easier to see than a Combo Breaker (For those uninformed, every time you try a Combo Breaker in Killer Instinct, the announcer yells "1! 2! 3!" every time you do the CB input which makes Counter Breakers all the better) since a mashing character is visibly vibrating
So if they try mashing out, just kick 'em

And if you don't space right, the "No Zone" is either;
A) Close to Corrin, basically inbetween Corrin himself and tip of his Thumb of the Pinned Arm, you can't Re-Pin if they're at this location but the Kick will still hit
B) Completely below Corrin (Or below and slightly infront of him, but they definitely aren't attached to the arm) but somehow pinned anyway, you can't Re-Pin and the Kick won't hit at all
So if A Happens, just Kick 'em and if B Happens, it's best to jump out or kick backwards

Yay for tech that won't help the competitive scene at all but is still useful :4pacman:

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So I just found out a "For Glory Only" tactic with Corrin
(I got Corrin today, by the way. HYYYYPE! :4pacman)
Literally nobody seems to know that you can mash out of Dragon Lunge's pinned state on For Glory
So if you got quick fingers, you can just wait for it to Cancel out and then Pin them again when they're doing the little "I hit the ground so I'll bounce once because why not" animation the second Corrin lands (I.E. as soon as you know you're on the ground, use the Lunge)
And then you can do it again
And again
And again
And as long as you move backwards a little bit after each lunge (I.E. while you're falling, press back slightly before flicking forward for the Side B) you can do it as many times as you want until they learn they can mash out
So it's basically a "Baby's First Chaingrab"
Which is easier to see than a Combo Breaker (For those uninformed, every time you try a Counter Breaker in Killer Instinct, the announcer yells "1! 2! 3!" every time you do the CB input which makes Counter Breakers all the better) since a mashing character is visibly vibrating
So if they try mashing out, just kick 'em

And if you don't space right, the "No Zone" is either;
A) Close to Corrin, basically inbetween Corrin himself and tip of his Thumb of the Pinned Arm, you can't Re-Pin if they're at this location but the Kick will still hit
B) Completely below Corrin (Or below and slightly infront of him, but they definitely aren't attached to the arm) but somehow pinned anyway, you can't Re-Pin and the Kick won't hit at all
So if A Happens, just Kick 'em and if B Happens, it's best to jump out or kick backwards

Yay for tech that won't help the competitive scene at all but is still useful :4pacman:
For Glory only techs are the best thing ever. Their not supposed to work yet they do which is why they're so funny. Have you heard of the Wait N' Bait tech? If not, let Alpharad explain

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm really getting excited for Fates coming out Friday, but also a bit nervous because I'll be going to Oklahoma over the weekend with a few friends, so I may or may not get that much time to play.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For Glory only techs are the best thing ever. Their not supposed to work yet they do which is why they're so funny. Have you heard of the Wait N' Bait tech? If not, let Alpharad explain
I swear, I fight completely different people on For Glory than everyone else seems to.

It must be that time of day I get on, or that there's the hidden skill-based match making system at play, or that I always leave the room when someone is worse than me...or all of the above, but half the people I fight on For Glory don't usually fall for these things.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ah... For Glory... A place that makes me question how people can be that dumb. Started sandbagging and trolling in For Glory... Got even more depressed than playing properly... You don't know stupidity until you see someone struggle to figure out how to counter someone holding rapid jab... the wrong way. Yes, Flare Blade across the stage is totally the right answer to that... There was even someone who struggled to fight me... as I walked around the stage... I wished you could upload stuff from 3DS to YouTube or something... But maybe people shouldn't have to be witnesses to that sort of stupidity...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ignis is now Ignatius.
Really? Even if the name Benoit has a bad reputation which is kind of stupid since it feels like name shaming, why Benny and Igantius? Why not Benjamin and Igantius? At least together they would sound a bit more formal instead of funny name and badass Roman general name. The localization itself is kind of stupid outside of some thing like Luna being Selena since either there would be a name and skill overlap or some of them are puns like Caeldori and Cordelia. I mean, really, what was wrong with Kinu? Do people really have problems pronouncing it? Oh wait, Kjelle existed in Awakening. Is there something wrong with Japanese names in a fictional kingdom based on Japan? Localization... Just... Just why? Some of them are incredibly pointless changes...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I swear, I fight completely different people on For Glory than everyone else seems to.

It must be that time of day I get on, or that there's the hidden skill-based match making system at play, or that I always leave the room when someone is worse than me...or all of the above, but half the people I fight on For Glory don't usually fall for these things.
Sometimes, there are days where i do run into decent people on For Glory but most of the time, the people i run into don't know what their doing.

Ah... For Glory... A place that makes me question how people can be that dumb. Started sandbagging and trolling in For Glory... Got even more depressed than playing properly... You don't know stupidity until you see someone struggle to figure out how to counter someone holding rapid jab... the wrong way. Yes, Flare Blade across the stage is totally the right answer to that... There was even someone who struggled to fight me... as I walked around the stage... I wished you could upload stuff from 3DS to YouTube or something... But maybe people shouldn't have to be witnesses to that sort of stupidity...
I think the stupidest players on For Glory, based on my experience, are Little Mac players. This is basically how a Little Mac player works on For Glory: F-Smash, Jolt Haymaker and Slip Counter. Once in a blue moon do i find a good Little Mac on For Glory. One that actually knows what he/she's doing. You know, For Glory has gotten to the point where you can pretty much predict how your opponent is gonna play based on their character. Every time i find a Captain Falcon, they almost always start with a dash grab. Or at least they try to since i see it coming from a mile away. And then there's e For Glory Link. They are tied with Little Mac for the most predictable character on For Glory.

Ignis is now Ignatius.
I like this name change.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Really? Even if the name Benoit has a bad reputation which is kind of stupid since it feels like name shaming, why Benny and Igantius? Why not Benjamin and Igantius? At least together they would sound a bit more formal instead of funny name and badass Roman general name. The localization itself is kind of stupid outside of some thing like Luna being Selena since either there would be a name and skill overlap or some of them are puns like Caeldori and Cordelia. I mean, really, what was wrong with Kinu? Do people really have problems pronouncing it? Oh wait, Kjelle existed in Awakening. Is there something wrong with Japanese names in a fictional kingdom based on Japan? Localization... Just... Just why? Some of them are incredibly pointless changes...
I had no idea to pronounce "Kyelle" and "Cherche" for the longest time. Also note that the localization teams are different. I believe 8-4 localized Awakening, rather than Nintendo. Benoit may of been changed to Benny because of pronunciation - and even than, you could just say that Benny is his nickname and that his name is still Benoit.

With Kinu...I guess they wanted to get the running fabric joke across. That still wouldn't explain Flannel's name change, though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Another thing I found
Dragon Shot can't hit twice in one airborne trip
I.E.
If you hit someone with the Dragon Shot
They can't take stun/knockback from another Dragon Shot (they still take damage, but it's about as effective as Fox's lasers) until they touch solid ground (Walls don't count as Solid Ground in this scenario, they have to hit some sort of horizontal walking plane to take stun again)
Unsure if Teching a Wall counts as touching solid ground to reset the stun-factor, can't test either because lol3ds
Getting hit by another attack doesn't reset stun-factor either

These could all be already known but posting 'em anyway cuz why not :drshrug:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Benoit may of been changed to Benny because of pronunciation
What's wrong with "Ben-wah?"

Granted, I only knew "Ben-wah" through Chris Benoit. If there are other pronunciations of Benoit, I only know "Ben-wah."

I still would like to blame Chris Benoit's double-murder suicide as the reason Treehouse was hesitant to keep Benoit. Wrestling was forever changed because of Chris Benoit's actions but since the event it took place in the United States and not in Japan, I feel that perhaps Japan was not as affected by it than in the United States. Or, it could be that the Japanese developers don't know who Chris Benoit was when deciding on a name for the Fates Knight.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Granted, I only knew "Ben-wah" through Chris Benoit. If there are other pronunciations of Benoit, I only know "Ben-wah."
I'm not familiar with French pronunciations.
I was reading "oi" as in "oink", and with a hard T at the end, for the longest time before my younger sister corrected me.

It's not that it's difficult to pronounce, it's just that I can't tell how to pronounce it by looking at it.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh hey, we finally have the English lyrics for the Conquest verse of Lost in Thoughts All Alone. If you didn't know, the Smash 4 version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone (not the remix) only had the Birthright and Revelation verses.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Oh hey, we finally have the English lyrics for the Conquest verse of Lost in Thoughts All Alone. If you didn't know, the Smash 4 version of Lost in Thoughts All Alone (not the remix) only had the Birthright and Revelation verses.
Sweet mother Teresa on the hood of a Mercedes-Benz, Azura dances like a goddess o_O

I might have to pick up this game after all

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

I still would like to blame Chris Benoit's double-murder suicide as the reason Treehouse was hesitant to keep Benoit. Wrestling was forever changed because of Chris Benoit's actions but since the event it took place in the United States and not in Japan, I feel that perhaps Japan was not as affected by it than in the United States. Or, it could be that the Japanese developers don't know who Chris Benoit was when deciding on a name for the Fates Knight.
Pro wrestling is very popular in Japan, many get their starts there, including Chris Benoit.

So, how long do you guys think it will take to get my game in the mail? Had to get the free shipping option, but I've never shipped anything from Gamestop before. I've already resigned myself to not getting it on Friday, hopefully the middle of the next week?

D

Deleted member 189823

This is a silly question, but how do you edit titles under usernames?

Top Bottom