• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I don't actually have a controller for the Wii U outside the gamepad, so when I have the occasion to play with the 3DS I immediately use it because I find it very comfortable (even if it's a New 3DS XL), I also think the Circle Pad is great, mashing out from a grab is a lot easier on the 3DS because of it.

And probably the 3DS is not allowed in tournaments because is wireless and it can have some input lag (like any wireless controller but whatever)
I don't think the 3DS controller causes lag when connected to the Wii U. I've connected my 3DS to a friend's Wii U hundreds of times to play Smash and there were no problem.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I don't think the 3DS controller causes lag when connected to the Wii U. I've connected my 3DS to a friend's Wii U hundreds of times to play Smash and there were no problem.
It's been tested by several people that all controllers have the same exact amount of input speed.

The only problems wireless controllers (3DS acts like one) have are signal interference. Phones with signal ontop/next to a Wii U, microwaves, low airplanes, etc.

Otherwise, every controller is consistent.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Oh wow. I really do need to start practicing then. Why is that the case for a lot of these projectiles anyway?
It's actually the bite, not the projectile. The Projectile is weird in it's own way though. Bowser and jigglypuff both die at the same percents to Full charge DFS, but Pit dies later. As to why they made Non-Full charge Bite kill earlier than Full charge... No idea =P

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
They literally only added two letters to her name. I would've liked Velvet more but at least it wasn't a drastic change like......I don't know, try thinking of a drastic change from Velour.
Nishiki>Kaden and Kinu>Selkie made me mad. Like, really really mad.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
They literally only added two letters to her name. I would've liked Velvet more but at least it wasn't a drastic change like......I don't know, try thinking of a drastic change from Velour.
Nishiki>Kaden and Kinu>Selkie made me mad. Like, really really mad.
I still don't get Flannel>Keaton
I kind of wish Velour got a more drastic change like the others actually

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm still mad and Flannel was perfectly fine idk why they are doing so many changes...
To be fair, name changes during localization has happened several times before. This is nothing new. Here's an example from the Tellius games: Elaice=Ilyana Even if it doesn't make sense, its noting to get mad about.

Nah

Smash Champion
Why do they change names though during localization? It's something I never really got

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
We've got more name changes but these aren't characters

Why do they change names though during localization? It's something I never really got
This is just a theory but my guess is that its to make it easier to pronounce and also to make it fit better in the region that its being localized.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

This is just a theory but my guess is that its to make it easier to pronounce and also to make it fit better in the region that its being localized.
Yeah like im glad they renamed Hayato cause i had a hell of a time pronouncing his other name

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I've finally finished marrying off all the first gen couples and have finally started to recruit the second gen units. Just got Owain and I have to say he had the most fitting ending for his chapter.

Near the end of the battle, he got hit by one of Assassins before killing him, then Galefore kicked in so then I moved him towards the boss(who was the last enemy) and he couldn't double him. However, Owain had Vengeance, and a 17% to crit(he was using Missiletainn), which gave him a small chance to kill the boss in one hit. Plus the fact that Gecko had Vantage+ and Hawkeye meant Owain would definitely get hit, but would survive with 4 hp. And so he took the hit, activated Vengeance, ran up and activated the crit animation, then finally shouted "BEHOLD!". He swung his sword with a sound to rival the storms, and cut downed that brigand for good. Truly a victory fitting for a hero of an epoch! Good times, good times.......

...........too bad I'm going to have to change him into a sage later.

Also heres a little comic I found online:
tumblr_o1s16uaOs31tyh4f3o1_400.png
tumblr_o1s16uaOs31tyh4f3o2_400.png
tumblr_o1s16uaOs31tyh4f3o3_400.png

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I've finally finished marrying off all the first gen couples and have finally started to recruit the second gen units. Just got Owain and I have to say he had the most fitting ending for his chapter.

He got hit by one of the other Assassins, and I moved him to the boss(who was the last enemy) and he couldn't double him. However, Owain had Vengeance, and a 17% to crit(he was using Missiletainn), which gave him a small chance to kill the boss in one hit. Plus the fact that Gecko had Vantage+ meant Owain would survive with 4 hp. And so he took the hit, activated Vengeance, ran up and activated the crit animation, then finally shouted "BEHOLD!". Truly a victory fitting for a hero of an epoch. Good times, good times................too bad I'm going to have to change him into a sage later.

Also heres a little comic I found online:
*Robin attempts to impress Nowi by turning into a dragon* *Robin becomes the Fell Dragon and kills everyone*

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Grim Yato? Looks like Nohrian Corrin's Yato is a Grim Reaper. :p

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay, so not even Hoshido's version of the Yato looks like a Japanese-style sword.
Why the heck is that sword classified as a katana? Just because they found it in Hoshido?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2-0'd a Corrin at my weeklies today using Ike. I no longer fear this matchup.:4myfriends:

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So this happened. I was bored. It lasted for 50 minutes.

Okay, so not even Hoshido's version of the Yato looks like a Japanese-style sword.
Why the heck is that sword classified as a katana? Just because they found it in Hoshido?
That's just the Noble version of the Yato. The Hoshido Yato looks like this
The Hoshido Yato is the only one that actually looks like a katana. As for why the Yato is classified as a katana......the developers felt like it, i guess. I mean, a lightsaber isn't made of light nor is it an actual saber.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The Hoshido Yato is the only one that actually looks like a katana. As for why the Yato is classified as a katana......the developers felt like it, i guess. I mean, a lightsaber isn't made of light nor is it an actual saber.
Oh. Still kind of a weird handle for a katana, but whatever. It doesn't really matter that much, especially since I hear Corrin can afford the extra speed katanas bring.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh. Still kind of a weird handle for a katana, but whatever. It doesn't really matter that much, especially since I hear Corrin can afford the extra speed katanas bring.
I don't like those types of handles. They feel weird. The best thing about the Yato though, is that, if its in its Noble, Grim, Hoshido, Nohr, Illusion or Omega versions, they will give Corrin the Strength, Speed, Defense and Resistance bonuses even if the Yato is not equipped or can not be equipped. But this only happens if the Yato is in Corrin's inventory.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That looks like a saber, cutlass, or a scimitar. Even without the saber-eque guard, the blade looks a bit too thick to be a katana.

I don't like those types of handles. They feel weird. The best thing about the Yato though, is that, if its in its Noble, Grim, Hoshido, Nohr, Illusion or Omega versions, they will give Corrin the Strength, Speed, Defense and Resistance bonuses even if the Yato is not equipped or can not be equipped. But this only happens if the Yato is in Corrin's inventory.
Enjoy getting your hand stabbed, cut, and injured without a guard. There's a reason for that kind of guard just as there's a reason for crossguards like the ones found on Falchion, the Master Sword, and Ragnell.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I found this comic pretty amusing considering that I had MU marry Nowi in my first play through Awakening, and I wouldn't mind pairing them again in a future play through too. I think they look cute together.

Think you'll like this image then.
tumblr_njkiow9Ch81r9tyrqo1_500.png

And heres one for Tiki
48892507_p2_master1200.jpg

And just so Nah doesn't feel left out

W̶h̶a̶t̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶N̶a̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶

*Edit

Fixed(that was weird)

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Think you'll like this image then.

And heres one for Tiki

And just so Nah doesn't feel left out

W̶h̶a̶t̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶N̶a̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶
The image link for the first two pictures is still broken.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I can see the pictures now. The Nowi one looks really nice, and so does the Tiki pic. Pixiv always has the best art!

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Alright, last one.

Those were the actual voice actors.

Now to go watch videos about f̶r̶e̶e̶d̶o̶m̶ bald eagles.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't really care for Valentine's Day, but I decided to do this just because I thought it was a funny idea.

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
It kills approx 15% earlier!. It's our earliest kill move, followed by Tippered Usmash and then Full charge Bite
ya and u can even set up a justice knee like like set up with a SHFF fair into un-charge sot to 3/4 bite (mostly 50/50 can rarely true combo).

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
ya and u can even set up a justice knee like like set up with a SHFF fair into un-charge sot to 3/4 bite (mostly 50/50 can rarely true combo).
Very true you are. I forgot about seeing that in the combo thread. But when I was testing that it seemed to true combo at around 50-60% on the fastfallers, ~60-70% on the heavies, and I couldn't get it to reliably True Combo on floaties. But at least now that I know 3/4ish bite kills earlier then I wont feel the need to be so close to the ledge when trying that =P

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Very true you are. I forgot about seeing that in the combo thread. But when I was testing that it seemed to true combo at around 50-60% on the fastfallers, ~60-70% on the heavies, and I couldn't get it to reliably True Combo on floaties. But at least now that I know 3/4ish bite kills earlier then I wont feel the need to be so close to the ledge when trying that =P
ya, word of advice for that combo, di away ruins the bite follow up, but u can double jump into tipper side b if u read the away di.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
ya, word of advice for that combo, di away ruins the bite follow up, but u can double jump into tipper side b if u read the away di.
Oh that's great! I don't have many friends around me that I can test DI with, so it's great to learn about these early so I don't get false ideas into my head =)

Top Bottom