• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Total, total opposite for me. I am DEAD SET on using Female Corrin, but her voice is rather forgettable. Meanwhile, I had no intentions to use Male Corrin but he's voiced by gosh darn CAM CLARKE. It'll be difficult to pass up the guy who voiced Liquid Snake.
I feel like this a bit too. Admittedly, we just haven't heard much of the female's voice. Still, the guy is SIMBA.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
what are the differences between the two versions of Fates?
if I play one of them, there is still enough reason to play the other? and for what reguards the third version?
without spoilers, of course
The two versions of fates have different playable casts (mostly), different stories, add different CGI cutscenes, the amount of different kinds of weapons you get in either version also changes (for example, there's only one usable armoorslayer in Birthright), different maps with some shared, but often with changes if so as well as different focuses on difficulty when you up to lunatic, Conquest focuses on changing skills, weapons and positioning of enemies from hard mode. Birthright focuses on enemy density with some skills and increased stats here and there which is a concern since most of your units are pretty squishy, this is the version with the closest feel to Awakening. Revelations Lunatic primarily focuses on raw enemy stats and does not up the enemy count and later in the game where enemies promote, they also get their respective class skills to boost their effectiveness, you also get access to all aspects of the Castle feature from both routes including both their visual aspects, armories and vendors, however you still need to upgrade each individually. This route also best supports the online multiplayer in Fates. In addition buying a version in addition to an existing one will increase the number of save files by 3 for a grand total of 9.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
I'm going to use mostly female corrin since I main male Robin
I don't know why everyone talks about Robin and now Corrin as a woman, I hate see and hear people telling she to Robin really why everyone is doing this:/

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, after buying a Japanese import of Conquest (which I am still playing through), I can safely say that I am more hyped for Corrin than I was previously.

...also can someone please explain to me why you can pet your soldiers in this game like they're pokemon

Last edited:

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
Well, after buying a Japanese import of Conquest (which I am still playing through), I can safely say that I am more hyped for Corrin than I was previously.

...also can someone please explain to me why you can pet your soldiers in this game like they're pokemon
#BlameTeamB

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice

Reasons aside from how mikoto basically did he same thing? Apparently IS wanted some method of interaction with the touch screen in the game so they settled on this. It's largely a harmless feature really.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Waifu Emblem. They must of noticed how popular Pokemon Amie was with Gardevoir and Loppuny fans, so they decided to implement into Fire Emblem as well.

...I just said that as a joke, but tragically, the reason actually probably is Waifu Emblem. Jeez, I hope they tone it down next game. I can deal with S-supports but this is just plain weird.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Reasons aside from how mikoto basically did he same thing? Apparently IS wanted some method of interaction with the touch screen in the game so they settled on this. It's largely a harmless feature really.
Oh, yeah, it's not like the feature is a deal-breaker for me, it's just kinda... weird. If an actual army commander started petting their soldiers in an effort to deepen bonds, they'd be thrown out for being crazy.

But I have to admit, from a certain viewpoint, it's really just funny how this is an actual thing you can do.

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Waifu Emblem. They must of noticed how popular Pokemon Amie was with Gardevoir and Loppuny fans, so they decided to implement into Fire Emblem as well.

...I just said that as a joke, but tragically, the reason actually probably is Waifu Emblem. Jeez, I hope they tone it down next game. I can deal with S-supports but this is just plain weird.
Except one can't really attribute that solely to "Waifu Emblem" since it's a universal feature that applies to every character in the game who all have a reaction to the minigame, which is the reason I find it unusual actually. In terms of it being a show of intimacy, it's actually not uncommon for asian cultures from what I understand and I even recall memories of this kind of thing within my own family (maybe that's why I find it weird for the feature to apply to everyone and not just the sibling characters)

Also I'd like to take a bit of a moment to acknowledge the shipping aspects of the series which have essentially been around since the mid nineties, as much as people like to dig at awakening for its shipping aspects, it changed nothing fundamental about the series nor does Fates. This is a Strategy simulation series that has relationship management mechanics. These two sides and the interplay between them are what make the series for me basically. However I will say the support system really isn't robust enough to facilitate the romantic relationship in most cases in this series (across pretty much all entries in the series really), it occasionally works (and when it does such as with Marx/F! Kamui the results are spectacular). Four conversations generally isn't enough for that kind of relationship unless some other prior relationship is already established (Even the game that supposedly does this best, Genealogy of the Holy war, still struggles with this idea because of the brevity of it all). I think that is why Awakening comes across as odd, most of the cast don't know each other, there's barely any established relationships even among the Shepherds to really build a romance from (though there are a couple such as the one between Chrom and Sully). As a result the marriage system comes across as more awkward than it really should. It also hurts that I've soured myself on the main cast of Awakening (namely Lucina, Robin and Chrom) in terms of character depth after playing the vast improvement that is Fates (which has a main cast of 10 characters that are all much better developed and characterized) and the marriage system works better here (at least for the respective sides) because the people all by and large know and work with each other mostly (there's the odd ones out like Nyx and Flannel, though Nyx does have some interesting things to say about romance), even if they don't know them on a deeper level (which is a process that indeed can be completed by the support system for a romantic aim).

And yes sadly even pedophila was a thing in the series for quite a bit what with Jaffar/Nino and Elphin/Fa and Boyd/Mist(Though to a slightly less degree than Jaffar/Nino). Not even that is new to this series, as much as I personally am very uncomfortable with it and will avoid it (which is an alternative benefit to the support system I suppose).

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Except one can't really attribute that solely to "Waifu Emblem" since it's a universal feature that applies to every character in the game who all have a reaction to the minigame, which is the reason I find it unusual actually. In terms of it being a show of intimacy, it's actually not uncommon for asian cultures from what I understand and I even recall memories of this kind of thing within my own family (maybe that's why I find it weird for the feature to apply to everyone and not just the sibling characters)
I've seen footage of that feature. Even ignoring some of the lewd quotes that they have in the Japanese version or whatever, it's clearly implemented mostly for fan service.
Also I'd like to take a bit of a moment to acknowledge the shipping aspects of the series which have essentially been around since the mid nineties, as much as people like to dig at awakening for its shipping aspects, it changed nothing fundamental about the series nor does Fates.
Oh, I love support conversations, and I love how Awakening and Fates made support conversations more accessible. I don't necessarily hate shipping. It's the oftentimes out-of-place fan service and pandering that bugs me - such as the developers determination to make the player character able to S-rank support with every character in the cast with the exception of their own children, even if it's absolutely ridiculous(looking at you, Awakening Spotpass characters).
And yes sadly even pedophila was a thing in the series for quite a bit what with Jaffar/Nino and Elphin/Fa and Boyd/Mist(Though to a slightly less degree than Jaffar/Nino). Not even that is new to this series, as much as I personally am very uncomfortable with it and will avoid it (which is an alternative benefit to the support system I suppose).
I'm not familiar with most of these supports, but I just looked up Fa/Elphin. I don't see how that has anything to do with pedophilia. I'm pretty sure Boyd/Mist isn't pedophilia - and technically speaking, I don't think Jaffar/Nino is either, although there appears to be a disturbing age gap. But pedophilia isn't the problem. Cradle-robbing is.

I'll stop myself now. I don't want to bring the mood down too much.
This is a hype thread, after all.

Sorry about that. We need to hype for Corrin and Fates, not fight about them!

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
lkl
I've seen footage of that feature. Even ignoring some of the lewd quotes that they have in the Japanese version or whatever, it's clearly implemented mostly for fan service.Oh, I love support conversations, and I love how Awakening and Fates made support conversations more accessible. I don't necessarily hate shipping. It's the oftentimes out-of-place fan service and pandering that bugs me - such as the developers determination to make the player character able to S-rank support with every character in the cast with the exception of their own children, even if it's absolutely ridiculous(looking at you, Awakening Spotpass characters). I'm not familiar with most of these supports, but I just looked up Fa/Elphin. I don't see how that has anything to do with pedophilia. I'm pretty sure Boyd/Mist isn't pedophilia - and technically speaking, I don't think Jaffar/Nino is either, although there appears to be a disturbing age gap. But pedophilia isn't the problem. Cradle-robbing is.

I'll stop myself now. I don't want to bring the mood down too much.
This is a hype thread, after all.

Sorry about that. We need to hype for Corrin and Fates, not fight about them!
Note to self- give Odin Lucina's mask when Fates comes out.

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I can't totally knock the feature for purely fan service when there's progression and a variety of responses to said action. The characters are aware. So at a base level it comes across as a playable support conversation actually. From character to character, the responses can be heartwarming, sad or even rather dark with some context.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Can I just take a moment to tell you all how much I love Lissa? She's just so cute and fun.

*completely obliterates mook with Arcthunder*
"I'm sorry!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Can I just take a moment to tell you all how much I love Lissa? She's just so cute and fun.
When I first saw Lisa in the trailers and what not, I didn't really like her just by design alone. I thought, "What is this? Steam punk Fire Emblem?"

But now that I've actually played Awakening, she's one of my favorite characters for her personality alone.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Happy New Year, everyone! It's officially 2016 over where I am, so I hope that everyone's 2016 is even better than your 2015 (so does that mean more Fire Emblem characters in Smash? Lissa maybe?)!

On the topic of Lissa, I married her just so that I could be the proud father of Owain, but I really love her personality. Personally, I think that she makes the most sense as a Robin spouse when looking at the story (with Lucina being a close second)- she's the first one he sees when he wakes up at the beginning, and she's the first one he sees when he wakes up at the end. Personality-wise, she's funny and quirky, which can serve to bring out Robin's fun side. She's a fantastic character and I love her, Owain (who is my favorite FE character), and I hope to soon love Ophelia!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Happy new year, future...uh...

...What are we going to call everyone who uses Corrin?

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
It's not one month until Corrin & Bayonetta they'll probably be released late February
Actually no, because Sakurai specifically said we'd be able to "get to know Corrin" before you play their game. And since Fates is releasing February 19th, they'd have to release the DLC before then.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Actually no, because Sakurai specifically said we'd be able to "get to know Corrin" before you play their game. And since Fates is releasing February 19th, they'd have to release the DLC before then.
Well true.. I guess then we'll get both around the 10th I'll bet.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I will not accept any other name but Children of the Corrin. It's too genius to pass up.

But if we're being real, we'll just call ourselves Corrins. Like every other character.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, Corrin Boyz (and Girlz) makes sense to me.

I usually call the Rosalina and Mega Man boards Rosa Boyz and blue bombers respectively.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't know if most of you here care about FE Fates spoilers, even if just for the slightest bit of detail, but I thought I just wanted to show you what I found on tumblr:

Poor Lissa. :p

EDIT: :4greninja:'d. How?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom