• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I tried replaying Awakening on the Lunatic difficulty twice. On both of those times, I never got past Chapter 2 at all and I was like "**** this ****" The Hard difficulty is...well...hard enough for me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I did played the game on the normal difficulty on my first two playthroughs and afterwards, started my third and so forth on the hard difficulty. **** lunatic.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I started on Normal and played it until I knew what I was up against. The rest of my playthroughs were on Hard difficulty. I did beat Lunatic twice although they were both done on Casual but considering the early chapters huge spike in difficulty... everyone except for Chrom is my Iron wall until I get to Chapter 5.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
During my time at Serenes Forest forums, I've heard very good things about Fate's hard mode. Even some of the game's biggest critics there seemed satisfied with the gameplay in Birthright or Conquest(though I've heard Revelations criticized more for being slow paced).

I've heard that in Lunatic mode, every character has fixed growth rates as opposed to randomized ones, which is certainly an interesting change. It means the RNG won't screw you over stat wise, but it won't bless you either. I've heard that it's very tricky, but doesn't rely as heavily on inflated stats as Awakening does.

No more Lunatic+. Good riddance.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hard mode with Classic type is the best way to play Awakening imo. Its challenging enough but doesn't require stupid amounts of grinding.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Hard mode with Classic type is the best way to play Awakening imo. Its challenging enough but doesn't require stupid amounts of grinding.
This. I personally think this was the "sweetspot" in terms of difficulty. It was challenging enough where you had to be careful with your actions, but it was forgiving enough that it didn't screw you over for various reasons like RNG or some McGuffin like Lunatic (+) does.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
All this talk about game difficulty is making me want to get back at playing Awakening once more.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Classic Mode was the best part of the game. It provided an even better challenge for me. I did play the game on Casual Mode at first until I decided I was ready to replay the game the old school way, especially on the hard difficulty.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I started awakening in Hard casual, because i was alredy played Marth games(so I alredy know somethings of tatics) but I choose Casual because of my Luck(like ME:90%hit/30%crit ENEMY:20%hit/0%crit I miss 4 times in a row and enemy hits 2 times in a row)

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I actually played Lunatic(+) on classic and beat it. But if you value your sanity, don't do it. First 5 chapters(plus Donnel's quest) by themselves are enough to make you lose it right there. Had to spread the exp between Frederick, Chrom and Robin to stand a chance against Lucina in chapter 5. Cause if Frederick isn't fast enough, Lucina can kill him in one turn, with or without Luna(+). Not to mention if you want Donnel you have to constantly check the top left corner of the map and see if the archer there has counter or pass. Cause if he does, you have to restart the whole map again because that is the only person Donnel can kill if you want him on that run.

After chapter 5, you get your DBZ on and go into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and keep grinding until your whole army can go SSJ3.

And even then, you have to memorize the enemy spawn patterns since they can still kill you on THEIR turn.

Last edited:

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
I don't think Lunatic is bad on it's own merit, and I quite like it...but the actual jump from Hard to Lunatic kinda hurt my ass a bit, and I think that's a pretty big flaw on the curve.

Otherwise I think it's fine.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think that should be a dificulty level between hard and lunatic(because Hard=all enemies in Nappa level and Lunatic=all enemies in Freeza level and the boss is Bills level)

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Guys, Corrin was stealthy confirmed for Smash long ago in his own game by MARTH no less!

Marth:
"Good to see you again, Corrin. After that, I remembered a little something during my journey. In the world where I once belonged... there were always countless fights going on. But, those fights were not for hurting opponents, but for respecting and enhancing each other. Regardless of whether we won or lost, we were deepening the bond with each other. Corrin... One day, you might go to that place, too."

This wasn't translated by me, by the way.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Guys, Corrin was stealthy confirmed for Smash long ago in his own game by MARTH no less!

Marth:
"Good to see you again, Corrin. After that, I remembered a little something during my journey. In the world where I once belonged... there were always countless fights going on. But, those fights were not for hurting opponents, but for respecting and enhancing each other. Regardless of whether we won or lost, we were deepening the bond with each other. Corrin... One day, you might go to that place, too."

This wasn't translated by me, by the way.
HOLY CRAP!

How did they manage to ninja that in and nobody noticed?!

Kudos to you Nintendo, well played indeed.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
HOLY CRAP!

How did they manage to ninja that in and nobody noticed?!

Kudos to you Nintendo, well played indeed.
If I recall, the dataminers discovered two Mario placeholder fighters after Ryu. Some time later, a third Mario was added during the updates. Maybe just maybe, Corrin was decided much earlier than we might think. After all, Greninja was chosen before its game got released.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
ooh i ordered the fates starter pack from the fire emblem cipher tcg yesterday. i know it has a ton of kamui cards so im hyped.

also congrats on sponsorships peeps :ness:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If I recall, the dataminers discovered two Mario placeholder fighters after Ryu. Some time later, a third Mario was added during the updates. Maybe just maybe, Corrin was decided much earlier than we might think. After all, Greninja was chosen before its game got released.
Didn't Sakurai already confirm that in the final Smash presentation (or a recent interview) Corrin was suggested early on?
CONGRATULATIONS!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
User was warned for this post
I mean she's already in the headlines

Last edited by a moderator:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Is Female Kamui the general preference for everyone here? ;P

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm going to be labbing with the Male one. I always give the DLC characters a fair shake. It's how I fell in love with Cloud.

Only going Male because I'm DIFFERENT. That and, well, it'll probably be the avatar I choose for when I play Fates. Whenever that is.

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I'll be playing that dark blue-ish male one mostly. Although, that black and gold female one is lookin pretty good. Will probably play that one too depending on my mood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom