• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hey!
I'm eating chocolate I got for Christmas and hoping I don't get fat as a result~
My life, right here. I've exhausted my supply of Nerds and now I'm really sad. Still, apparently they make Christmas Peeps and I'm still looking forward go them... I guess I'm having salad for dinner...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rule+63

Google is your friend.

"Rule 63 is a rule of the internet that reads as follows: "For any given male character, there is a female version of that character." This rule's exceptions are only in the instance that A: the male character is already so androgynous that a female version would be basically the same, or B: the female version hasn't been drawn yet."

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Waiting for Corrin's release is giving me some of that old hype anxiety that I had waiting for the Smash to come out. I've missed the feeling of not being able to wait to play a character. It's how I was for Robin!

I'm also freaking out about how great Fates is going to be. I'm just all around nerding out.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm just as excited about Fates as I am about Corrin in Smash. It ain't gonna be that long now until February arrives. I do wonder if Fates will be just as amazing as Awakening was.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Waiting for Corrin's release is giving me some of that old hype anxiety that I had waiting for the Smash to come out. I've missed the feeling of not being able to wait to play a character. It's how I was for Robin!

I'm also freaking out about how great Fates is going to be. I'm just all around nerding out.
I hope one day I will be able to try the same anxiety again, too... the last time was for Mewtwo...

at the moment I'm more anxious to play Fates (probably my run to Advance Wars DS has something to do with it) and to customize my personal Corrin (PC)

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Customizing Corrin has taken up an embarrassing amount of my time. I actually made over ten or so, and put them side by side and worked it down to my favorites.

Actually, ANY game with a character creator will do that to me. I've spent over a dozen hours in Skyrim's character creator, for one...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
This... May be a personal issue that concerns me, given that I love Fire Emblem, but, does any one else feel bad about people hating on it and giving the games a bad reputation through Smash Bros, or perhaps using a better phrase - making it out as a deliberate scapegoat?

It's sometimes difficult for me to see the anti-Fire Emblem notion that some people have adopted in the Smash 4 speculation scene, cause I really want people to see more of Fire Emblem more than just who is in Smash Bros...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This... May be a personal issue that concerns me, given that I love Fire Emblem, but, does any one else feel bad about people hating on it and giving the games a bad reputation through Smash Bros, or perhaps using a better phrase - making it out as a deliberate scapegoat?

It's sometimes difficult for me to see the anti-Fire Emblem notion that some people have adopted in the Smash 4 speculation scene, cause I really want people to see more of Fire Emblem more than just who is in Smash Bros...
It's only a small amount of people, not to mention they are just looking for a scapegoat because their most wanted didn't get in

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Fates is leagues better than Awakening from a gameplay standpoint, I can tell you that much from experience.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Honestly, the main thing i'm hoping FE Fates has is an amazing story. Awakening had an alright story, but it was nowhere near as good as past FE games like FE7, which was pretty disappointing. Considering additional campaigns cost 20$, I hope the story is very different between versions.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Honestly, the main thing i'm hoping FE Fates has is an amazing story. Awakening had an alright story, but it was nowhere near as good as past FE games like FE7, which was pretty disappointing. Considering additional campaigns cost 20$, I hope the story is very different between versions.
The DLC extended stories with the children made it at least a tiny bit better.

But I agree. I will be sorely dissapointed if this game has a lackluster story

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
From what I've heard about Fates, Conquest has the better gameplay, while Birthright has the better story. Not sure how accurate this is, also haven't heard where Revelations falls on this spectrum.

(More Corrin fanart cause HELL YEAH)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've heard a lot of people were really disappointed with Nohr's story, especially after how they advertised it in former Nintendo Directs as "reforming a corrupt kingdom from the inside", which apparently is not what the Nohr story line revolves around at all. Some even go so far as to claim it's worse than Awakening - but I highly doubt that, since I personally thought Awakening's plot was really, really bad.

I also hear that the children characters are half-A'd in, have no relevance to the story, and that their explanation for existing makes absolutely no sense. Jeez...I hope a second generation of characters doesn't become a tradition. It was a cute feature in Awakening, but it really doesn't have much reason to here anymore.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I found Awakening's story to be acceptable. It wasn't horrible, or even bad to me. But nor was it amazing. I just loved it for what it was, that being a good first introduction into the Fire Emblem universe for me. The characters and plot will always have a special place in my heart for that, even if they aren't perfect.

Anyway, that being said, I don't want the children mechanic to be repeated in future titles either, especially if it doesn't have a good reason for occurring in the plot. I think it would be much cooler to do an old fashioned FE style time gap. If they put enough work into it, they could have aged versions of the older generation present, kinda like they've done before.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think what made Awakening's story enjoyable was the story itself. It was the music, the graphics, and the script writing that made it good. But, if you cut that all out and just look at the plot alone, it's not really that interesting or clever.

My biggest criticism would have to be how awkward the transition into war with Valm was, with the 2-year time skip and all. And then after that, Walhart is down before you know it, and you're suddenly back into Plegia again. Both times, the transition is anything but smooth. It felt like they were just making up Awakening's plot as they went along.

At least with Fates, we know they're using a professional author's draft as a base for their plot. We don't know how much they decided to drift away from it in the final product, but if they've got something concrete to build it around, I don't expect to have an awkward, irrelevant war unnecessarily shoehorned right into the center of it all.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
That's fair to say. I suppose the plot isn't so much what matters to me, where things like the script writing you mentioned is. I adore the character development, as well as the both hilarious and somber character interactions that take place throughout the story. The overarching theme of "bonds" tying the characters together on an invisible level is well done in Awakening, I think. It's a staple of the series.

Those transitions were a bit rough, admittedly. I didn't feel like they were too disjointed though. The Valm arc provided character introductions and tie ins to the series as a whole, like through Tiki and the quest to find what was necessary for the Awakening ritual. I'm kind of biased because I love it when an antagonist has good intentions and is justifying his or her actions as a means to an end. It makes them a little less villainous and a little more human. That happens multiple times in the Valm story.

Gosh, the Fates writer wrote over a thousand pages of material for the story. So passionate. I've stayed relatively spoiler free, so I can't wait to see what he cooked up.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Ah, Wallhart. I remember thinking he was going to be this stone cold badass, hard to kill, after watching him 'kill' Basilio so easily.
Then I just freakin' one-shot him with Lucina or Assassin! Noire. :/

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a problem I have with Awakening and Fates: Having 2 version of a track, for the field and for battle. It doesn't mesh well to me, and I remember the GBA games' music easily, the field music was calm, soothing, or tense, made me think harder. The battle music made my blood pump as I saw my enemies die, one by one

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I thought the story in Awakening was great, in my opinion, though that's not what made the game so amazing for me. It was the soundtrack, the anime cutscenes, the DLCs and, perhaps most of all, the characters is what made the game such an enjoyable experience and I'm very proud of the 500 plus hours I invested into that masterpiece.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The whole personification of Wal-Mart as a blood thirsty general was really really dumb. I really didn't give a **** about that whole part of Awakening,

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Awakening wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it's still one of my favorite games in the series by virtue of the simple fact that it saved the friggin' series.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There's a problem I have with Awakening and Fates: Having 2 version of a track, for the field and for battle. It doesn't mesh well to me, and I remember the GBA games' music easily, the field music was calm, soothing, or tense, made me think harder. The battle music made my blood pump as I saw my enemies die, one by one
I actually really like that change.

Hearing the same little battle theme start over and over and over again for every chapter in older game gets really old after a while.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Awakening's problem was its artificial difficulty curve. Lunatic was only hard because the opponents were way over-leveled, and the only real way to win was to grind, grind, grind. Didn't even bother with Lunatic+; I had enough grinding with Lunatic thank you very much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom