• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
The thought of Gunter and Femme Corrin creeps me out
Same here. His supports with both Corrins are different, but if you assume that his past is the same regardless of gender, applying the male supports to female Corrin's relationship with him is creepy...
Gunther and Male Corrin discuss how Gunther used to sleep with him when he was a kid to make him feel better. He probably did this with female Corrin. While this is completely normal to do with kids, it's bizarre and gross when the kid grows up and marries the guy.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Have you guys seen the official artwork of Hoshido's and Nohr's landscapes? Because they're pretty amazing.

Huh, I didn't know the Kingdom of Nohr was located in Mordor.

Hoshido looks nice though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't want to S-Support any waifus/husbandos? Then don't.
I think a lot of your argument holds up pretty well, but not this one.
If I refuse to S-support just because I don't like to, than I'm missing out on characters and paralouges that I'd get to play otherwise. I'm also missing out on some huge gameplay advantages, such as extra XP or higher pair up stats.

I promised to stay more positive earlier, so I won't elaborate any further, but I don't think "just ignore it" justifies every single one of Awakening's and Fate's major problems.
Huh, I didn't know the Kingdom of Nohr was located in Mordor.
One does not simply walk into Nohrdor.

Last edited:

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
I wonder how desperate that FE15 character must be to call upon these three to save his or her world.
To be fair, Inigo, Owain, and Severa aren't exactly your go-to-guys either.

And since I guess I'm the only one who likes Takumi here, I'll say I like him because I believe he's well written.

Now that's me saying stuff just based on what I've read, which I doubt covers everything, but him being a **** at times isn't a complete negative to me. It's just another part of his character. I wouldn't be saying this if he didn't have redeemable features (cough Joker cough), because I think he does, evident in his Azura and Kisaragi supports. I think the roles he plays in both stories are one of the best uses of Fates' split story paths, being that's he's used to extremes on both ends. And even without going into the split paths, I think having a wary and unwelcoming sibling was a great addition to the royal family dynamic that adds something a little special to the whole thing.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
The only thing annoying me about Fire Emblem Fates is the whole 'there's two sides right? You buy the game based on the side you want' which come on guys, admit it, this is just a massive money grabbing technique and they easily could have sold just 'Fire Emblem Fates' where in chapter 5 you diverge the path yourself. Because I only have enough money for one of these games, I'm going to only have the ability to play one of these sides. And if that wasn't bad enough they're releasing a THIRD game which is basically THE actual game in terms of story where the bigger threat to both houses comes along. So if you want the full experience they're asking you to pay £120 unless you get the digital version. Even in the digital version you buy the game for £40 retail price digitally, you get to chapter 5, you pick one side for free and then you pay a slightly less than £40 fine if you want to unlock the other house. And then you still pay £40 for the third game when it comes out. I love the idea of two houses going at it, and you as the protagonist are linked to both these sides through blood/adoption and you have to pick a side to support. It's cool. But what they're doing here is just a really sad way to milk money now.

I mean come on, I love Fire Emblem to death but this is just bs marketing tactics to milk money out of us now. At least Awakening gave us free character DLC later. This is just making me sad.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
The 3rd path is actually $20.00.

So, assuming you get Birthright/Conquest physically along with the rest digitally, your grand total would be $80.00 (same if you go fully digital), Yoite Yoite . Btw, besides people getting all 3 versions, there are some that are only getting Birthright or Conquest + Revelations, the total being $60.00 + tax.

I understand why you (and many others) don't like that Nintendo's doing this with Fire Emblem. Valid point. I don't like it too much either , but I prefer it over getting both versions of Pokémon X and Y, since they are mostly the same for $80.00. With Fates, you get two games with different plots, playable characters, classes available, campaigns, and difficulty (amongst other things) for the price of $60.00. All three routes considered, you're getting 3 games for the price of 2.
How do people like Takumi? Just wondering.
well...
To be fair, Inigo, Owain, and Severa aren't exactly your go-to-guys either.

And since I guess I'm the only one who likes Takumi here, I'll say I like him because I believe he's well written.

Now that's me saying stuff just based on what I've read, which I doubt covers everything, but him being a **** at times isn't a complete negative to me. It's just another part of his character. I wouldn't be saying this if he didn't have redeemable features (cough Joker cough), because I think he does, evident in his Azura and Kisaragi supports. I think the roles he plays in both stories are one of the best uses of Fates' split story paths, being that's he's used to extremes on both ends. And even without going into the split paths, I think having a wary and unwelcoming sibling was a great addition to the royal family dynamic that adds something a little special to the whole thing.
this.

Last edited:

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
The only thing annoying me about Fire Emblem Fates is the whole 'there's two sides right? You buy the game based on the side you want' which come on guys, admit it, this is just a massive money grabbing technique and they easily could have sold just 'Fire Emblem Fates' where in chapter 5 you diverge the path yourself. Because I only have enough money for one of these games, I'm going to only have the ability to play one of these sides. And if that wasn't bad enough they're releasing a THIRD game which is basically THE actual game in terms of story where the bigger threat to both houses comes along. So if you want the full experience they're asking you to pay £120 unless you get the digital version. Even in the digital version you buy the game for £40 retail price digitally, you get to chapter 5, you pick one side for free and then you pay a slightly less than £40 fine if you want to unlock the other house. And then you still pay £40 for the third game when it comes out. I love the idea of two houses going at it, and you as the protagonist are linked to both these sides through blood/adoption and you have to pick a side to support. It's cool. But what they're doing here is just a really sad way to milk money now.

I mean come on, I love Fire Emblem to death but this is just bs marketing tactics to milk money out of us now. At least Awakening gave us free character DLC later. This is just making me sad.
While I can understand your frustration about this, I will say that the second and third routes you buy digitally would only be about 20 euro, considering they're 20$ for the US. Unless they do something different for Europe.

Not saying you're wrong, just pointing out a little factual error.

Personally, I'm only a little upset. Yes it would have been this super cool thing if they just decided to wallop the whole thing into one cartridge (which they've showed they're capable of doing given the special edition), but I also can't be too mad because the content produced is still worth the full amount of money I'm paying. Someone actually did a breakdown on Reddit comparing other FE games to Fates, and the price was still fair overall. I can't deny it's a little skeevy, but I'm not going to mind at the end of the day.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
All I really look at is the fact that I'm going to have three full-length Fire Emblem games to play early next year. $80? Meh. Still not too bad.
TBH, I'm more worried about how long it's going to take to download Birthright and Revelations. My internet isn't the most reliable.

And Takumi is just...I hate his face. He just LOOKS like he's going to be a douche, then, of course it turns out that he is. He's like Shinon, except Shinon gets better.

Also his hair is stupid.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I probably would be way more harsh on the incest if Marx/F!Kamui wasn't a thing, despite incestuous overtones (which the support acknowledges rather well), it's arguably one of the most naturally written romantic relationships in the whole series.

Also Takumi is pretty rad as a character, he's not just an ******* like the one-note Makalov from the Tellius series. He's justifiably doubtful of others (His father did die in a trap during a diplomatic mission after all), has been humiliated on multiple occasions (Hana support) and in the Nohr route, you basically prove his suspicions and paranoia right leading to his negative character arc in that route.

Also it's not really three full length FE games, since there is content reuse on the three routes but if we're talking the number of maps and characters then I guess it's an alright pricepoint (The offering nearly doubles some games in the series with a decent amount of unique visual assets).

Edit: I also really dislike the term price gouging because being a responsible consumer is pretty important to me, I don't buy things if I don't feel they are worth it even if they're in series I greatly enjoy because there's always something else I can play while the price eventually goes down. They've been pretty open about their business model for the game, which supports my ability as a consumer to make a purchasing decision. That's all the extent businesses really have to go in my opinion, barring a couple exceptions of psychological manipulation (such as Whale chasing but I really doubt that was the intent here)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just glad you get a 50% discount if you already own one version.
Having to pay full price for two games that use so many of the same assets would be pretty lame, but buying two versions is around the price of a home console game.

80$ is a hefty price for all three routes, but at the same time, that is a ton of content. And, honestly, I don't think you need all three routes unless you're a hardcore FE fan with a ton of money to burn. As mentioned before, just Birthright/Conquest + Revelations should be enough. Me? I'm getting all three versions, but only because I'm sharing it with my sisters. I want Conquest for sure, and my sisters would both prefer Birthright.

But how much was the season pass for DLC in Japan? Roughly 16 US dollars? Ugh. I hope the Treehouse does what they did with Xenoblade X and just give the first wave DLC for free...though I won't get my hopes too high.

There's some controversy about on-disc DLC - Anna was already on the catridge before her DLC came out, with everything including Corrin support conversations and an amie model. The Ballistician and Witch classes are also on the cartridge, though you can get one of each class's class change items for free, so that's more forgivable.

....They really ought to include that Anna DLC for free in the localized version. I won't be outraged or anything if they don't, but it'll still be kind of lame if you have to pay extra for her.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad you get a 50% discount if you already own one version.

There's some controversy about on-disc DLC - Anna was already on the catridge before her DLC came out, with everything including Corrin support conversations and an amie model. The Ballistician and Witch classes are also on the cartridge, though you can get one of each class's class change items for free, so that's more forgivable.
Balance wise, The DLC classes are all sorts of insane, tbh I would rather they not even exist.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Goddammit, why didn't I think of this?
They ranked high among the second generation for a reason. They could always insert Dia/Deere. He ranked 11th in that Nintendo Dream poll that preceded the official Nintendo poll.
So, these would be the four heroes that save the world of FE15: A chosen maiden, a fujoshi, a trap, and a apathetic butler. I'm sure they'll do fine.

I only mentioned the first 3 cause we only got Owain, Severa and Inigo returning for this.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They ranked high among the second generation for a reason. They could always insert Dia/Deere. He ranked 11th in that Nintendo Dream poll that preceded the official Nintendo poll.
So, these would be the four heroes that save the world of FE15: A chosen maiden, a fujoshi, a trap, and a apathetic butler. I'm sure they'll do fine.

Some, if not most, of those characters I see on that poll looks like remodeled versions of characters from Awakening. For example, Pieri looks like a remodeled Lissa, Gray is a remodeled Gaius and Matoi a remodeled Cordelia.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Some, if not most, of those characters I see on that poll looks like remodeled versions of characters from Awakening. For example, Pieri looks like a remodeled Lissa, Gray is a remodeled Gaius and Matoi a remodeled Cordelia.
Pieri doesn't look much like Lissa to me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not to you but she does look like her to me despite the blue hair.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Gray is a remodeled Gaius and Matoi a remodeled Cordelia.
These two were intentional.

Along with Shara, these three make up the 1st Gen Awakening characters that won the Japanese fan poll a few years back. That's why Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia had swimsuit CGs in the Summer Scramble DLC. The Awakening characters returned due to the results of that poll. Chrom and Lucina return in other forms (Chrom has his own DLC and Lucina as an amiibo).

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
You say remodeled, but not having played Fates yet I literally thought Gaius and Cordelia returned.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think the closer to "remodeled Lissa" is Ophelia, because when i see her i see Owain's spirit in Lissa's Body

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
For example, Pieri looks like a remodeled Lissa.

It must be the pigtails that remind you of Lissa. right?

If anyone looks like a "remodeled Lissa," it's Ophelia. She's Lissa's granddaughter after all. Children can resemble their grandparents more than their own parents.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
I don't care about Soleil's controversy I'm going to marry herXD
she is going to be Camilla's daughter, I want to give her Dragon Vein powers:)
If anyone looks like a "remodeled Lissa," it's Ophelia. She's Lissa's granddaughter after all. Children can resemble their grandparents more than their own parents.
Ophelia got Lissa's face and pose, they are identicallXD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

That sums it up. Just the pigtails is all. lol

And so many choices for me to marry. I'm gonna have a hard time choosing which ones will work out for me.
And what's so bad about Soleil anyways?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That sums it up. Just the pigtails is all. lol

And so many choices for me to marry. I'm gonna have a hard time choosing which ones will work out for me.
And what's so bad about Soleil anyways?
Soleil can't S Support any female characters despite CLEARLY liking girls, she hits on her own mother and because of pisspoor writing, a support conversation with MCorrin wws misinterpretted by Tumblr idiots as conversion therapy. There's also the fact her whole personality is 'OMG DEM SEXY GRILLZ R SEXY'

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Soleil can't S Support any female characters despite CLEARLY liking girls, she hits on her own mother and because of pisspoor writing, a support conversation with MCorrin wws misinterpretted by Tumblr idiots as conversion therapy. There's also the fact her whole personality is 'OMG DEM SEXY GRILLZ R SEXY'
Okay...why did I even bother asking...?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

After looking at them side by side, they look very alike. Maybe it's because one person said that PierI (Freaking auto correct) was Lisa if she discovered Tumblr.
But Opelika (Why su to correct?) does look like Lisa now that I think about it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
After looking at them side by side, they look very alike. Maybe it's because one person said that PierI (Freaking auto correct) was Lisa if she discovered Tumblr.
But Opelika (Why su to correct?) does look like Lisa now that I think about it.
So Tumblr puts you in a blood lust and makes you talk in the third person?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So Tumblr puts you in a blood lust and makes you talk in the third person?

Ophelia got Lissa's face and pose, they are identicallXD

Velour reminds me of an older Nah.
smile-0.png

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Now that you said "older Nah" I'm thinking how many years Kamui/Corrin have? since Nah had like 15~17 i looked like a kid of 10

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
And remember Gray Matoi and Syara are Gaius Cornelia and Tharja
Their Japanese names are Guire Tiamo and Sallya, their birthday are 1 day difference and they have the same personality, it's funny thinking in one potential Matoi mother is her another time daughter

Top Bottom