• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
Because your waifu is trash. In all seriousness, your waifu is trash because shes a tharja expy, and unlike the other expies, it's not like Odin, Lazward and Selena. I was personally really bummed out that's my only female option, yet men get a badass like Niles. IS could learn from the disappointed fans hopefully, I don't just want to marry guys, especially when all the female characters are interesting compared to the male ones
I think you have Yuugiri mistaken for Shara/Syalla/whataver the heck her localized name will be as the Tharja expy. Yuugiri probably doesn't get much attention because her only Support is Corrin and her child she can only get through Male Corrin.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think you have Yuugiri mistaken for Shara/Syalla/whataver the heck her localized name will be as the Tharja expy. Yuugiri probably doesn't get much attention because her only Support is Corrin and her child she can only get through Male Corrin.
I got em confused, yeah. Don't remember all the names and I don't know any Spotpass characters as Anna is DLC

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Cause you get her so late it's like Say'ri so nobody really gets too attached to her.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Yeah she's definitely gonna change since North America and Europe are not ok with conversion therapy.
That support had nothing to do with conversion therapy. It was only called that because a Tumblr user misinterpreted the support and went on a hissy fit. Some people were too blind to look into the context of the support and spread around that info as fact.

The real story is that Soleil gets lightheaded and is prone to fainting around cute girls. So much to the point that it’s affecting her combat performance. So Kamui gets the idea to slip her some magic powder that causes her to see men as women, in order to get her more used to being around cute girls and hopefully solve the problem she’s having. And it works. Soleil falling in love with Kamui after seeing him as a girl was an unintended side effect. (X)

Now, I do expect to see a change in the Mamui x Soleil support especially since people already *****ed about the support. It gave Treehouse the heads up that they gotta localize it to fit with the western culture. They may keep Soleil fainting whenever she sees a cute girl and Corrin helps her out. Just change how Corrin goes about doing it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That support had nothing to do with conversion therapy. It was only called that because a Tumblr user misinterpreted the support and went on a hissy fit. Some people were too blind to look into the context of the support and spread around that info as fact.

The real story is that Soleil gets lightheaded and is prone to fainting around cute girls. So much to the point that it’s affecting her combat performance. So Kamui gets the idea to slip her some magic powder that causes her to see men as women, in order to get her more used to being around cute girls and hopefully solve the problem she’s having. And it works. Soleil falling in love with Kamui after seeing him as a girl was an unintended side effect. (X)

Now, I do expect to see a change in the Mamui x Soleil support especially since people already *****ed about the support. It gave Treehouse the heads up that they gotta localize it to fit with the western culture. They may keep Soleil fainting whenever she sees a cute girl and Corrin helps her out. Just change how Corrin goes about doing it.
Ohhh. I only heard about the alleged conversion therapy bit, I never really looked into it cause I'm trying to keep as much un spoiled as possible.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
The localization effort is the entire reason why we had to wait so long for the game to get a release date. They're trying to QA+Localize a text-heavy game that also needs a lot of adjustments to avoid the actual M-Rating on a T-intended game.

Honestly, I won't be too surprised if they tweak gameplay like the Amie and censor the swimsuit outfits.

It's best we brace ourselves for localization.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The localization effort is the entire reason why we had to wait so long for the game to get a release date. They're trying to QA+Localize a text-heavy game that also needs a lot of adjustments to avoid the actual M-Rating on a T-intended game.

Honestly, I won't be too surprised if they tweak gameplay like the Amie and censor the swimsuit outfits.

It's best we brace ourselves for localization.
What could they do to tweak Amie? You can only pet faces

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Most likely the lines would differ. Seeing as it's a fan translation the actual context could vary, but from what I have read some are pretty risque.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Not just pet faces-- we could even have the entire petting function removed. Instead...we could get dialogue choices.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
In the Japanese version, you can ONLY pet faces, though dataminers found stuff that suggest it wasn't always the case
That's the point-- we COULD have the petting function removed entirely.

For all we know, someone's going to get offended by the fact we can pet faces and bring up an excuse to bring drama about the game.
Nintendo's already taking a crapton risks with the same-sex marriage thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's the point-- we COULD have the petting function removed entirely.

For all we know, someone's going to get offended by the fact we can pet faces and bring up an excuse to bring drama about the game.
Nintendo's already taking a crapton risks with the same-sex marriage thing.
How is petting faces offensive? I don't quite get what you mean
NOA confirmed the samesex stuff first, right? If anything, it tells me they are confident in their product

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
While most of the body is viewable only up to the collar bone can be pet and it has always been that way. There were never intentions outside of the people wanting to utilize the Live 2D feature to have anything lower get a reaction, the head over the Fire Emblem project made sure of that.

I highly doubt the feature to be removed as a whole in the US. That's just looking way too far into it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If they are, that is the easiest thing to change without censoring the Amie thing in itself....
And it's not like they will change something super important for the plot if they change the lines inside that mechanic.
Bruh, they'll give Camilla a breast reduction, which is 100% against the plot as she flashes the final boss, otherwise, the whole plot won't make any sense /s

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
He has like the least intimidating name now. ****ing Niles yo.
I'd rather take the normal sounding name that still references his old name (Niles -> Nil -> 0) than Mr. Overused OC name that coincidentally is used by a certain Maverick Hunter.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd rather take the normal sounding name that still references his old name (Niles -> Nil -> 0) than Mr. Overused OC name that coincidentally is used by a certain Maverick Hunter.
I guess that makes sense.

Yeah, but unlike Camilla Niles isn't trash
Camilla is so gross. She's a total try hard version of Tharja with less clothes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh she's not Tharja trash tier imo

Guys, I'm in a dillema. I don't know who to marry anymore. Niles or Jakob. Hoshido route WILL be Takumi as Hoshido doesn't have much good men
Why not just Niles for Nohr and Jakob for Hoshido.

This game for me is actually a challenge to choose which lady to marry unlike Awakening.
Awakening I flip flopped between Nowi, Severa and hilariously... Tharja.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why not both?

They don't really seem to mind.
Uh...Uh...Uh...I dunno... I need time to think

Which of the two is gotten earlier in Conquest and Revelation?
Why not just Niles for Nohr and Jakob for Hoshido.

This game for me is actually a challenge to choose which lady to marry unlike Awakening.
Awakening I flip flopped between Nowi, Severa and hilariously... Tharja.
Butler Boy's also in Hoshido? How did I not know this!

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Almost all of the Nohr recruits are garbage in Revelations with Odin being the most notorious for his ability to get killed by every enemy on his map, even on normal.

Odin thought that if he couldn't be the best, he had to be the worst.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't see them cutting the skinship feature altogether. The lack of a mention of it outside of Japan makes me hopeful that they cut it just so I can forget it exist, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh she's not Tharja trash tier imo
Nah, she's worse.
Tharja is sexualized by being half naked. Camilla is sexualized by having having armor that covers everything but her over-emphasized chest and her underwear. I can't even see what makes Camilla so "sexy", other than fetishes.

Not to mention, Tharja doesn't have an uncomfortable and distasteful CG cutscene.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Jakob if you play as femme Corrin is always gotten in the first 6 chapters unlike Niles.
Hmm...Jakob in Hoshido then! I just need to think of a Revelations husbando
Nah, she's worse.
Tharja is sexualized by being half naked. Camilla is sexualized by having having armor that covers everything but her over-emphasized chest and her underwear. I can't even see what makes Camilla so "sexy", other than fetishes.

Not to mention, Tharja doesn't have an uncomfortable and distasteful CG cutscene.
Boobs. That's why. I consider Camilla better than Tharja for one main reason: Personality. Tharja's a cold yandere *****, but Camilla is a playful flirty gal who seems fun at parties imo

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Boobs. That's why. I consider Camilla better than Tharja for one main reason: Personality. Tharja's a cold yandere *****, but Camilla is a playful flirty gal who seems fun at parties imo
Okay, fair enough. I can get behind that....thought putting it that way actually kind of makes me like what they did with her even less.

Camilla had potential to be a fun character, but instead they made her "Corrin Corrin Corrin" all the time. I'm actually under the impression different writers had different ideas of what to do with her.

"Let's make this character a flirty party girl!"
"So make her a girly Tharja? Okay!"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm...Jakob in Hoshido then! I just need to think of a Revelations husbando

Flip a coin for Niles and Jakob.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Okay, fair enough. I can get behind that....thought putting it that way actually kind of makes me like what they did with her even less.

Camilla had potential to be a fun character, but instead they made her "Corrin Corrin Corrin" all the time. I'm actually under the impression different writers had different ideas of what to do with her.

"Let's make this character a flirty party girl!"
"So make her a girly Tharja? Okay!"
Doesn't she act like that to other characters like Selena and Veruca/Belka? Ah well, different strokes for different folkes. I like how Camilla has more humor than Tharja, as there's **** like the catfight with Jakob

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, let's leave it at that.

At this point I'm not even trying to argue with you anymore. I'm just expressing my frustrations with Camilla, haha.
Everyone's allowed their own opinion. And honestly, this was fun. You weren't going to win or lose, as opinions like this only cause healthy debates if we both remain civil
Also, I looked up Camilla on TVTropes for laughs. I feel bad after seeing 'Broken Bird'
Though her favourite food is Corn. You got to be ****ing kidding me, NOA predicted the meme!

Top Bottom