• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I have seen many corn jokes over Corrin's name but this is the first I've seen this pun used.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Merry Christmas!

By the way, I think I'm succumbing to temptation and going to buy Fates (if) as a christmas gift for myself. Should I start with Hoshido?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Merry Christmas Corrin Boards! May you all be blessed and have a wonderful day!

Serious dilemma I'm having here guys.

I'm buying a Wii U and I seriously cannot decide between a 200$ Wii U or a 300$ Japanese Wii U.
Reasons: I want to hear Kamui instead of Corrin.
Yes I know, incredibly stupid reason to waste 100$ for something so insignificant.

Someone please convince me on which to buy before I explode.
Umm....isn't the Wii U like the 3DS in which if you buy a Japanese one you're limited to only playing Japanese games? Unless you're incredibly fluent in the language buying the imported system would be hard on you in the future.

Merry Christmas!

By the way, I think I'm succumbing to temptation and going to buy Fates (if) as a christmas gift for myself. Should I start with Hoshido?
If you can't resist for the next month and a half, then sure go Hoshido. While you may know the language, if you're having a bit of trouble on some of the translation there are plenty of sources out their on the Birthright side of things, including video playthroughs.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I hope everyone made it to Santa Garon's nice list this year!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I hope everyone made it to Santa Garon's nice list this year!
Santa Garon looks cool. Now my life is complete.

I wish you all a happy holidays this beautiful day.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Merry Christmas Everyone!

So far, I've gotten Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (pre-order) and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm actually out of town for Christmas so I still have some presents to go. But so far it's a really good haul.

What Epic Loots have you all gotten???

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I plan to preorder Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright while I'll be getting Conquest a bit later than that, probably until after it's released. I also plan to preorder Zelda: Twilight Princess HD with the Wolf Link amiibo bundle.

I didn't really get anything for Christmas this year since I pretty much have everything I ever wanted this year. I did planned on buying a PlayStation 4 but decided to wait until I file my tax returns to get one. If it ever gets cheaper at some point, I will get it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Me and my younger sister planned to pool our Christmas money together to buy FE:Fates, but we only got a single 25$ gift card between the two of us. Now I'm going to have to beg my parents for that game. If we get one version, at least we can use that gift card to buy the other. But then we'll have to beg again for the third version...not to mention any DLC we might want.

Danggit, that game is expensive.
My parents were so kind as to import Girl Marth, Bro Marth, and Magic Marth from Japan. Now all I need is Fire Marth and Dragon Marth, and I'll have every Marth except the original Marth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So far, I've gotten Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (pre-order) and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm actually out of town for Christmas so I still have some presents to go. But so far it's a really good haul.

I got Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Triforce Heroes, as well as other stuff.

Also I hope everyone is having a great Christmas, I sure am which made up for my crappy day yesterday.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Main stuff was a new laptop and Elgato. Now to figure out how streaming works. :happysheep:
But I also got Xenoblade X and a Lucina amiibo, so now I have all of the FE amiibos until Roy releases (and I don't plan on getting him so I'm done until Corrin is released.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I got X, and all the rest of the Smash amiibo I was missing (Miis, Jr., Jiggs), so I'm set until Lucas is released!

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas Corrin Boards! May you all be blessed and have a wonderful day!

Umm....isn't the Wii U like the 3DS in which if you buy a Japanese one you're limited to only playing Japanese games? Unless you're incredibly fluent in the language buying the imported system would be hard on you in the future.

If you can't resist for the next month and a half, then sure go Hoshido. While you may know the language, if you're having a bit of trouble on some of the translation there are plenty of sources out their on the Birthright side of things, including video playthroughs.
I am Japanese so the language is not a problem for me.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Merry Christmas...

I have no idea what buttons I was pressing, but suddenly this appeared mid-post. I guess I'll leave it.

everyone! And a Hoshido New Year!

Also, Santa Garon is fantastic. He probably straight up steals bad children and raises them as his own in lieu of giving coal.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897

I treated myself to both Bayonetta 1 and 2 today! It's unbeliveable so far! I haven't loved a game like this in so long! Already 3 hours in :)

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I treated myself to both Bayonetta 1 and 2 today! It's unbeliveable so far! I haven't loved a game like this in so long! Already 3 hours in :)
I seriously considered them myself, but I decided against them at the last moment and decided to grab myself FF Type-0 HD on the PC... until Steam suddenly seemed to go crazy...

Yeah... if you all have Steam accounts, don't log into them. I randomly logged into some account from Russia and couldn't do anything. It seems to be a big problem...

Yeah, Nintendo, no Holiday screw ups this year!... unless the eshop crashed and I didn't notice it.

Nah

Smash Champion
'ey merry Christmas everyone \o/

I got X, and all the rest of the Smash amiibo I was missing (Miis, Jr., Jiggs), so I'm set until Lucas is released!
okay it took me a second to realize you meant :4bowserjr: and not Jr from Xenosaga

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Merry Cornmas, future Cornmains!

Don't forget, orange palette Corn is called Cornmon! And when you counter, they Digivolve to Cornymon!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The Christmas haul this year included for me:
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Though I think I may need to re-install the download patches first)
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Bros
a Preowned MGS3 on 3DS
and a number of books, including Mockingjay! I was always looking forward to getting some more books, and especially looking forward to finishing the Hunger Games Trilogy.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
My Christmas haul was Triforce Heroes and Majora's Mask, as well as a $50 Gamestop gift card that is going to be used on Fates. It'll be hard not to also buy Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers too... but I'm holding off because I know that both Corrin and Fates will proceed to take over my life.

Niles is #7, Jakob #4, and Arthur #19.

I admittedly cannot remember what this specific poll was created from.
Love that Odin and Lazward rated so high. They're great characters. Interesting about Selena being noticeably lower.

I plan to preorder Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright while I'll be getting Conquest a bit later than that, probably until after it's released. I also plan to preorder Zelda: Twilight Princess HD with the Wolf Link amiibo bundle.

I didn't really get anything for Christmas this year since I pretty much have everything I ever wanted this year. I did planned on buying a PlayStation 4 but decided to wait until I file my tax returns to get one. If it ever gets cheaper at some point, I will get it.
That PS4 will eventually be coming to me too, but I'm still holding out for Kingdom Hearts 3 (please) and Dissidia Final Fantasy (I love Smash more, but I'm a huge Dissidia fan).

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Got MH4U, Majora's Mask 3D, a :4drmario:amiibo, a $20 eshop card, and $200 cash to spend.
Since I can't get the special edition, I'm going to preorder the $60 Conquest/Birthright download code bundle.
I already have enough waiting in my account for Revelation, I'm going to pick up 3 more $20 cards, one for Corrin and Bayonetta, and two for Ocarina of Time 3D on eshop, as it's apparently hard to find physically now.

But first I've got to get a new microSD card, to make space.
Probably hunt down another amiibo or two as well.

All in all, pretty great Christmas, got a lot more than I was expecting.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
My Christmas haul was Triforce Heroes and Majora's Mask, as well as a $50 Gamestop gift card that is going to be used on Fates. It'll be hard not to also buy Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers too... but I'm holding off because I know that both Corrin and Fates will proceed to take over my life.
I received almost 200dlls:) I'm going to buy FE Fates Birthright and 30 dlls for the eshop to buy Bayonetta and Revelations (right now I have 6 dlls for Corrin :D ) and a new Cell phone with help of my parents
That PS4 will eventually be coming to me too, but I'm still holding out for Kingdom Hearts 3 (please) and Dissidia Final Fantasy (I love Smash more, but I'm a huge Dissidia fan).
I want to buy a PS4 too, Dissida is my favorite game for PSP I also want FF15 I'm FF huge fan:)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ghost is very interesting as of late and my favourites are W and Drive
SOMEONE WRITE SUPPORT CONVOS FOR US CAUSE IM A LAZY *****
I've actually fallen behind on Ghost, I need to catch up on that over break! My favorite series are OOO, W, and Gaim.
I would totally write us support convos, if I wasn't exhausted from all the holiday festivities. :tired:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Question for anyone who has played through all of Fire Emblem fates' campaigns:
Are the maps between the 3 versions different? I've heard from some sources that the maps are the same with different objectives, which would be a real let down. Also, is the game more similar to awakening or the gba games?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Are the maps between the 3 versions different? I've heard from some sources that the maps are the same with different objectives, which would be a real let down. Also, is the game more similar to awakening or the gba games?
I've watched playthroughs, and the majority of maps are different.
Birthright is more like Awakening, Conquest and Revelation are closer to the old school feel.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Mostly same maps with different objectives.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I want to buy a PS4 too, Dissida is my favorite game for PSP I also want FF15 I'm FF huge fan:)
I'm excited about XV too, but it won't sell me the system alone...

I feel guilty about Dissidia... I bought a PSP to play Kingdom Hearts BBS and only got Dissidia on a whim (it was my first FF game) and now I like it more than BBS (and it was a springboard into my love of FF). Oops.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've watched playthroughs, and the majority of maps are different.
Birthright is more like Awakening, Conquest and Revelation are closer to the old school feel.
I've heard that Revelations has a lot more gimmicks, though, so they're all supposed to be pretty different.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Though it's near the end of the day, Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you were satisfied by any gifts you gave or received.

Although we have another gift to look forward to in February, heh.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Today I got SMM, an amiibo case, Splatoon, Tri force Heroes (and a guide), a couple of books, a TON of amiibo (30th anniversary Mario, Splatoon 3 pack, :4ganondorf::4greninja::4drmario::4olimar::4zss::4zelda::4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:) and my own computer. Although so far my computer doesn't seem to like me back.

And I still have more presents to get from my Grandparents.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I got a bunch of socks (**** yes), a variety of toiletries, some new pajamas, a new electric razor, a copy of George Carlin's "Brain Droppings", a pair of leather touchscreen-compatible gloves, and an "equalization" payment from my parents to bring me in line with what they gave my sister.

I'm beginning to feel older and older, as this kind of haul feels great, haha. When socks become an actual gift, you know you're getting there.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This year was the first Christmas I remember where I didn't get a new pair of pajamas. It's actually been a bit of a family tradition for me and my sisters to get our new pajamas on Christmas Eve night, so we can sleep in them and then wear them as we open gifts the next morning.

Instead I got nothing but over 100$s worth in plastic toys and candy. It's the Christmas little 7-year-old Zach always wanted.
Well, aside from having to still do chores even on Christmas.

Top Bottom