• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
In the Japanese version, you can ONLY pet faces, though dataminers found stuff that suggest it wasn't always the case
The face rubbing was originally more lewd than what we got. You could rub any part of the body and the cursor was originally a hand. There were two teams debating between what to include. Team A found it uncomfortable while Team B wanted it all to stay. In the end, Nintendo sided with Team A and we got what we got.
Soucre: The Making of Fire Emblem book

If like Benoit was renamed Frasier I would have laughed so ****ing hard.
If he does get a name change, we can blame Chris Benoit for that one instead of *****ing that it's all the NoA's fault and that the original is superior to whatever name Benoit and anyone else with a name change gets.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The face rubbing was originally more lewd than what we got. You could rub any part of the body and the cursor was originally a hand. There were two teams debating between what to include. Team A found it uncomfortable while Team B wanted it all to stay. In the end, Nintendo sided with Team A and we got what we got.

If he does get a name change, we can blame Chris Benoit for that one instead of *****ing that it's all the NoA's fault and that the original is superior to whatever name Benoit and anyone else with a name change gets.
Honestly, it's better Team A was chosen as much as I want to give Anna and Niles intense petting sessions

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Who is Chris Benoit?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Who is Chris Benoit?
Christ Benoit is a touchy subject. He is considered by some to be one of the best wrestlers of his time. 2007 came and things changed forever for the Benoit family and WWE. During his career in the wrestling business, Benoit took a lot of shots to the head (Hit in the head with a chair. Anything you can think of that could give someone a concussion).

On June 22, 2007, Benoit murdered his wife and son before committed suicide two days later. When doctors examined Benoit's brain, it was similar to that of an 85-year old patient with Alzheimers. Chris Benoit is like a double-edge sword when it comes to talking about him. In some circles, he is still remembered for his work in the wrestling business. Others believe it should be void and that Chris Benoit is nothing but a monster for killing his family. It's like you can't talk about one thing without acknowledge the other.

That's why I brought up the possible explanation of why Fire Emblem's Benoit would get a name change. You're still going to find stuff about Chris Benoit when you look up just "Benoit." That name is not unique.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Christ Benoit is a touchy subject. He is considered by some to be one of the best wrestlers of his time. 2007 came and things changed forever for the Benoit family and WWE. During his career in the wrestling business, Benoit took a lot of shots to the head (Hit in the head with a chair. Anything you can think of that could give someone a concussion).

On June 22, 2007, Benoit murdered his wife and son before committed suicide two days later. When doctors examined Benoit's brain, it was similar to that of an 85-year old patient with Alzheimers. Chris Benoit is like a double-edge sword when it comes to talking about him. In some circles, he is still remembered for his work in the wrestling business. Others believe it should be void and that Chris Benoit is nothing but a monster for killing his family. It's like you can't talk about one thing without acknowledge the other.

That's why I brought up the possible explanation of why Fire Emblem's Benoit would get a name change. You're still going to find stuff about Chris Benoit when you look up just "Benoit." That name is not unique.
Well that sucks for him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

That's why I brought the possible explanation of why Fire Emblem's Benoit would get a name change. You're still going to find stuff about Chris Benoit when you look up just "Benoit." That name is not unique.
Jesus. Wrestling shouldn't be this violent, or real, it should always be fake

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
It seems like a lot of kamuisexuals didn't do well with the polls, probably because they got the short end of the stick when it comes to supports.

Like seriously. Why are kamuisexuals even a thing? No one liked how Spotpass Characters had no real supports in Awakening, and yet they'd go ahead and make the same mistake again with some potentially interesting characters.
Isn't the reason for Kamuisexuals so that there's enough female characters left to pair-up with all the guys who can have kids?
I believe Kotor Kotor made a post awhile back explaining the reason for Kamuisexuals.

It is still a shame though, because I really like Crimson.

Ewww, why is Takumi so popular?
Honestly I ask myself this question every waking hour....
Normally I'm not one to make Shrek jokes, but this is pretty apropos.

This is the most accurate and hilarious picture I've seen in awhile! Never thought I'd be saying this, but thank you Shrek 1.
I'm marrying Selena/Beruka/Nyx for Nohr.
HELL YEAH!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Wow, I knew that he was a wrestler who killed his family, but I never heard about the brain damage.

That's just really unfortunate. But I guess the type of people who kill their own families almost always are damaged in some way.
Isn't the reason for Kamuisexuals so that there's enough female characters left to pair-up with all the guys who can have kids?
I doubt it. If that was the reason they made them, then they could of fixed the problem more easily by adding a single female character with a full support list. Besides, there are male Kamuisexuals to.

The reason Corrin is the only character they can support with is because of Waifu Emblem. It's the same way Corrin can S-support with his/her own freaking brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I believe Kotor Kotor made a post awhile back explaining the reason for Kamuisexuals.

Honestly I ask myself this question every waking hour....

This is the most accurate and hilarious picture I've seen in awhile! Never thought I'd be saying this, but thank you Shrek 1.

HELL YEAH!

I'm still choosing within those 3.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

The Kamuisexuals are there if you don't want your Mamui to marry any of the first gen girls or the children. It doesn't make sense as for why Crimson can't support Ryoma or Flora can't support Jakob. Yuugiri is like a Christmas Cake according to Japan and Anna is DLC.

Femui doesn't have this problem but if you choose to leave Azura without a husband, it becomes a problem.
70d.png

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Can someone link me the kamuisexuals? All I remember are the guy in lipstick and the fat chick, I think they were Hormone and Dragee
I don't think the bandit twins aren't Kamuisexuals. They're units you can "capture" and then recruit with Zero or Orochi, so they don't have any supports at all.

Anyway, if my memory serves me right, these are the Kamuisexuals.

Gunter does apparently have support options aside from fem Corrin, but she's his only S-rank option.
And I think Flora can also support with Felicia.

Edit: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/
Scroll down and you'll see a list of "capturable" characters. These guys can't support with anyone, and can only be recruited using the prison in "My Castle". This method can also be used to recruit generic Hoshidan or Nohrian soldiers.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't think the bandit twins aren't Kamuisexuals. They're units you can "capture" and then recruit with Zero or Orochi, so they don't have any supports at all.

Gunter does apparently have support options aside from fem Corrin, but she's his only S-rank option.
Ohhhh. So the Capture units have no personality I presume?
Isn't Orochi a bit of a ****? I remember reading that she had to *ahum* convince someone to recruit them

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Isn't Orochi a bit of a ****? I remember reading that she had to *ahum* convince someone to recruit them
I hear captured bosses are still voice acted, but still say "......" at everything like leveling up and such.

Of course, I'm not speaking from experience.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait, Anna is Kamuisexual? God damn it. I don't even care about the others, but this pissed me off in Awakening, and it's going to piss me off again!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Can someone link me the kamuisexuals? All I remember are the guy in lipstick and the fat chick, I think they were Hormone and Dragee
What ZephyrZ ZephyrZ posted is correct. If we're going to be route specific.
All Three Paths

Birthright

Conquest

Revelations

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Edit: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/
Scroll down and you'll see a list of "capturable" characters. These guys can't support with anyone, and can only be recruited using the prison in "My Castle". This method can also be used to recruit generic Hoshidan or Nohrian soldiers.
The thought of Gunter and Femme Corrin creeps me out

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The thought of Gunter and Femme Corrin creeps me out
But are you surprised after they gave Corrin the option to S-rank Elise?

Waifu Emblem has taken things way too far. I can only hope they tone it down a little in the next installment.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Surely you guys have better things to do than complain about the game before it is even out?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But are you surprised after they gave Corrin the option to S-rank Elise?

Waifu Emblem has taken things way too far. I can only hope they tone it down a little in the next installment.
Gunter and Corrin creeps me out way more than Corrin with Sakura/Elise.

You shouldn't be able to get Kanna if tou S-Rank Gunter...

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Surely you guys have better things to do than complain about the game before it is even out?
Well of course.

I am currently a galactic spice smuggler who is about to instigate a war between two of my close allies. After one of the warring empire's demise, I will claim their spice holdings.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Jesus. Wrestling shouldn't be this violent, or real, it should always be fake
They can't fake everything.... but to be honest, Benoit's case was "special".... his "finishing move" was some stupid move where he climbed the ring pole and jumped from there hitting his head on the opponent (stupid).... this is, when he wasn't scripted to miss the move and hit something worse.
And to give more insight on the whole Benoit case, he (or Crisp Wah) became a meme after WWE decided to erase him from history and never speak of him again.... anyway, Kamui hype!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Orochi is not like that at all Lawl.
I'm marrying Selena/Beruka/Nyx for Nohr. Oboro/Setsuna/Hana for Hoshido.
I'm marrying Nyx/Zero/Charlotte for Nohr. Orochi/Kagerou/Saizou for Hoshido. Azura/Takumi(I wish he wasn't our brother. I'll just pretend he's not)/Ryoma(must.resist.lobster.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have you guys seen the official artwork of Hoshido's and Nohr's landscapes? Because they're pretty amazing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Orochi is not like that at all Lawl.

I'm marrying Nyx/Zero/Charlotte for Nohr. Orochi/Kagerou/Saizou for Hoshido. Azura/Takumi(I wish he wasn't our brother. I'll just pretend he's not)/Ryoma(must.resist.lobster.)
How do people like Takumi? Just wondering.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How do people like Takumi? Just wondering.
My younger sister likes him, though she likes Leo even more. Apparently she thinks their personalities are "cute" or something.

It's kind of frustrating, since she actually has an introverted, intellectual brother - but since he's not an anime boy, any habits or traits that are cute on Leo are annoying on him.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My younger sister likes him, though she likes Leo even more. Apparently she thinks their personalities are "cute" or something.

It's kind of frustrating, since she actually has an introverted, intellectual brother - but since he's not an anime boy, any habits or traits that are cute on Leo are annoying on him.
Takumi is an asshole though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Takumi is an ******* though.
As I said, anime boys get to be special exceptions.

In all seriousness, though, I have seen him receive some praise for not god-worshiping Corrin like any other story character apparently does.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Very little of pro wrestling is 'fake', actually. The outcome of the match is predetermined, as well as many of the big 'spots' in the match (who's going to hit what, who's going to dive from where, etc.), the majority of a match is ad-libbed by the performers.
Many of the marquee matches (such as Undertaker/HBK at WM25) are rehearsed beforehand to make sure they put on the best performance possible, but accidents do happen. Even without accidents, wrestling is a dangerous business that requires a lot of finesse, yet still gets little respect for being 'fake' and all. Ask Mick Foley or Sabu how fake it is. There is a reason that most wrestling careers don't last 15 years.

To their credit, after the Benoit incident, WWE imposed a strict ban on unprotected chairshots to the head, which they have enforced. Undertaker and Triple H, two of their golden boys, hell Triple H practically runs things now, were hit with hefty fines after going against the ban at WM28.

On to the actual subject of this thread, I think people are just too eager to find something to complain about.
People love to ***** incessantly about how Awakening 'ruined the series', instead of being grateful that it saved it from extinction.
People love to whine about 'Waifu Emblem' and 'Amie', despite the fact that they're both very small, completely optional parts of the game. The vast majority of Fates is still turn-based strategy, just as it has always been. Don't want to play on Casual or Phoenix Mode? Then don't. Don't want to S-Support any waifus/husbandos? Then don't. Don't want to pet any faces? Don't have to do that either. No one is going to hold a gun to your head and force you to use them, so what's the big deal?

Last edited:
Top Bottom