• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Corrin Defense Squad?

Don't you guys think we'll be an army more than just a squad? Our tomes, dragonstones, sacred swords and good looks are more than enough to deal with the likes of people called "haters".
HELL YEAH! The Corrin army is here to stay! We'll show the haters the power of our DRAGON FANG!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
It really isn't a spoiler, perhaps a minor one. They showed if off in some of the promotional material for the game.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
When Corrin is revealed to be a dragon occurs in Chapter 3 actually. They really didn't spoil anything significant for the game honestly, and what's good about Fates Story is mostly in subtle writing.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm just here to say that Corrin is a dragon and manipulates water.
So Corrin's dragon/water -> Corrin is Palkia.
And people say we got another FE character. :4dk:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Can't believe the amount of hate Corrin is getting, just because he's another FE character.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
not a huge FE fan myself, only played radiant dawn and even though I really wanted K. Rool/Banjo, I must say that Corrin may be the first FE character I actually like.

Seriously, his dragon arm and lance are super cool and look very different from the other usual swordplay shenanigans. definitely excited for him!

chronoboy

Smash Rookie
Double Post
Corrin looks awesome at first glance. Still too early to tell, but he/she and Bayonetta look very strong. Fem Corrin might be my new waifu.

Can't believe the amount of hate Corrin is getting, just because he's another FE character.
Let them be salty. Once Corrin is playable I have a feeling he/she will be very popular. Even though I do feel guilty that FE gets so much Sakurai love, I won't pretend like I don't love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
The Fourth Path!

Let them be salty. Once Corrin is playable I have a feeling he/she will be very popular. Even though I do feel guilty that FE gets so much Sakurai love, I won't pretend like I don't love it!
Just a heads up, double posting is frowned upon, so if you have something to add use the edit button on your first post. :cool:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I'm hyped for that Side b honestly, it's "option select" the move, and there's nothing short of insane that can be said about that. Not to mention the doubles potential.

Bair looks to have low landing lag (kinda crazy considering the size and utility of the move) and he/she seems to have a fast ground speed like Marth and Roy. All of the tilts don't really seem to have much range but they're decently fast and may benefit frame traps (which get nuts when tossing in stuff like the stunner and the lunge). Dragon Shot is where things go crazy for the character I feel. Here's a character that can stun you, combo that with a pin, and cancel that (Cancelling also forces a tech, it seems) into more mix ups and stuns until the enemy is off stage. I think Corrin might be a legit vortex character in the end, if my assumptions are correct and has an even decent grab game. Also the projectile speed is way faster than I thought it would be and that scares me. Those specials are very very good.

Character wise in Fates, Corrin falls into the category of the "way too nice for their own good" lords populated by Eliwood and Marth. He/she also undergoes different degrees and kinds character development based on the route. There's also some interesting aspects here and there. Not the best lord and not the worst lord in the series and I like him more than Chrom actually in terms of character development.

Music wise, I'm really excited for the instrumental remix of the Main Theme of Fates, but I really love the JP version and hope they didn't change the final bosses theme to English, it's so fantastic or at least allow dual audio for that.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I wanted to post here to vent my excitement for this character. I was a longtime Robin main, so I was kinda salty at first, since it's like they're trying to replace him or something. But after seeing them play, I'm hyped. Side b is super interesting. I avoided spoilers this whole time so I likely won't post here any more but I like Corrin a lot. Which is annoying because now I'm going to be hyped until they come out, overhype them in my mind and then be disappointed when they come out. Bleh.

Last edited:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
While I was a lot more #HYPE for Bayonetta from a character perspective, Kamui looks a lot more like the kind of character I'd enjoy playing. She reminds me a lot of a hybrid between K999 and Nameless from King of Fighters what with her giant drills and mutated arms. And with that helmet they look like some kind of Tokusatsu/Tatsunoko character. I can't get enough of that ****.

Also the range on those attacks look amazing. I really wanna get my hands on this character soon.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I was watching a Fates playthrough earlier this month and remember constantly thinking, "Kamui would have amazing potential for Smash, with the Dragon Fang and all. Oh, well."

Funny how that works out.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I know I'll quiet down after a while. They just need to realise that everyone can't get what they asked for.

Although, RIP Wolf for sm4sh. Let's hope for next time

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Corrin seems to be a bit on the slow side when running, actually. He didn't seem to be covering much ground when he was running. The way he holds that sword while dashing entails a slower step too in order to keep it level, so we'll see.

Corrin's niche is going to be in burst options, definitely. Fsmash's sheer range and the speed of his front kick and back kick options after Dragon Lunge will make sure opponent's can't rest for a second.

Though, I suspect that his dragon attacks will not be disjointed, as they are his actual arm in the attack. For all the range he has, one misstep, and he'll be taking damage he didn't expect to be taking.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The thing with the hate is, you have some people who thought 4 FE chars was to much and just continued to hate. With Corrin though, there's a lot of people that seem to like the character, either from a character view or a moveset view or both, but they dislike that FE has 6 to begin with. Once she's released I imagine she'll be a fan favorite (especially if she's good)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I've made a Corrin Skype Group. Please let me know if you want in on it by adding me on Skype.

(Don't ask where the name came from)

Edit: Please indicate when you add me as a contact that you're from around here. Otherwise I will probably dismiss it.

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Hyped for Corrin.
I honestly couldn't believe when I saw the trailer.

Hoping it's a viable character. Not exactly top tier, but something like yoshi that can hold its own among the top tiers. Because really, I find it sad to see my current main gets wrecked by things like Sheik, and those are everywhere :/

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Corrin's moveset is a great blend of magic/sword attacks. The best part about this character for me is that he has tippers and seems to have a lot of range.

I believe one of the main reasons why this Corrin isn't hated as much as he could have been is that his dragon form is incorporated into his moveset.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just find it amazing that the last and only Nintendo DLC newcomer was this guy, really.

"Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta are in Smash? Well, this guy deserves it just as much."

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Maining him for the three splashes of water he makes while attacking #Should'VeBeenAzura

No joke.

But really, a sword character with a water based projectile that stuns, a Side Smash with more reach than Shulk's, a pole attack that enhances long range combos and a momentum-changing Bair.

Man, this could only have gotten better if he had a throwable item.
I'll be around here often.

Azura was in my top 5 for combining many things I loved about other's moveset potential and Corrin will end up in my Main Top 5 for combining many things I loved about other's movesets.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
While I really dislike Corrin and his/her inclusion in Smash I want to congratulate all you Corrin supporters and fans on your luck, I hope you all can find yourself a nice spot in the metagame, be a productive part of the community, and most of all have fun and enjoy Corrin's stay in Smash Bros :).

D

Deleted member

I just want to say that I am pretty hyped for Corrin.

I played Awakening and I loved it, so I got hyped for Fates. When I saw Corrin's design, I fell in love with it and I thought, "They would be cool to have in Smash, but I expect them to be in Smash 5 or not get in at all."

Cue the Direct and I was just stunned when he was confirmed. I was in a voice chat with several of my friends and we were all freaking out when he got confirmed!

I'm excited to try him out, but I dunno if I will secondary Corrin... he seems a little too complex for my liking. Other than that, this was a pleasant surprise for me.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
<obligatory FE fan hype/basking in salt post>

Black F-Corrin is mine, as are all the other black alts (it does look quite good though). Based on the trailer, this looks like it'll more than make up for not getting Isaac for me.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
<obligatory FE fan hype/basking in salt post>

Black F-Corrin is mine, as are all the other black alts (it does look quite good though). Based on the trailer, this looks like it'll more than make up for not getting Isaac for me.
I knew you'd be here eventually. :secretkpop:

Personally, I prefer male Kamui. Haven't decided yet on which palette I'd go for.

Nah

Smash Champion
I don't know what color I want to use either. All I know is that it's definitely f-Corrin for me.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Huuuh... I really wish that f!Corrin had the red color palette instead of m!Corrin.. *pout*
Since black and pink seem to be the faves I'll stick with default.

.. Wait, I said this last night. Oh well YOU CANT BLAME ME BECAUSE I CANT CONTAIN THE HYPE

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Seeing Corrin in Smash makes me feel even more excited to get Fire Emblem Fates and I am considering about picking him up as one of my possible mains. Looking forward to trying him out in February.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'll be honest with you guys, I've been a Fire Emblem fan for only four years, and yet somehow I just let the whole franchise take me by surprise over such short notice when I started playing Sacred Stones when I got it via Ambassador Program.

As for Corrin, people can complain about too many Fire Emblem characters all they want, but I truly believe Corrin deserved his chance in Smash, and I cannot wait to try him out, and I cannot wait to see what Fire Emblem Fates has in store.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Default F-Corrin for me. ****ing love the colors and her design.

This might be the first time I actually dedicate myself to figuring out the specifics of a character, like frames, options, mix-ups etc.

I've always been competitively interested in Smash but have been hoping there'd be a good DLC character I could actually dedicate to. And here we are.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Quick question, for those of you who are planning to purchase Fates. Which one are you going for?

Birthright or Conquest.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Birthright first, DLC later. Probably not Conquest depending on the time I have.

Top Bottom