• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Speaking of things, how do you all think Corrin look from a gameplay perspective, just judging by the trailers? Think all the tools he/she has will make him/her a competitively viable character?
Disjoints and insane range and b-air that aids recovery and crazy-good trajectory-shifting recovery and hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng~

I think they will probably be viable, judging by the amount of tools they have and the fact that none of them seem overtly useless. But it's near-impossible to tell until we get to play them, because trailers always make character seem way better than they are~ ;3

rip in palutena, why did i main'ya

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Corrin is definitely going to be a good character.

Unless all your **** is as slow as Shulk, it's literally impossible to have that much range and be a bad character.

D

Deleted member

Also please no Shulk-Tier frame data.

I mean it's very unlikely but you never know.

My main worry is that because of all of the technical tools they seem to be giving Kamui (S-B stalls, N-B stun/kill, etc.) they're going to make her fundamental toolkit mediocre-ish.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Their moveset really excites me, but I really wanna know if Dragon Lunge (Side B) means we have some sort of wall cling of sorts.

Also will most likely be going default Fem"Kamui/Corrin" though the alts do all look nice. Hoping Kaze Corrin gets picked lots

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Speaking of things, how do you all think Corrin look from a gameplay perspective, just judging by the trailers? Think all the tools he/she has will make him/her a competitively viable character?
They look to have a very interesting and diverse moveset, definitely very unique compared to other swordfighters. Although I guess being a chainsaw blade wielding half-dragon will do that to ya! It also seems that they have some pretty good recovery, especially with b-air giving you some extra horizontal movement. And that down-b counter looks wicked sick!

As for alts, I honestly can't decide, they all look really freaking good!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Corrin looks like he/she might become another one of my favorite characters to play as. I do love playing as dragon-like characters in video games, and watching his/her reveal video each time makes me more and more hyped for his/her inclusion.

I mean, heck, I don't even care for Fire Emblem Fates at the moment (far from it, I despised what I've read in its storyline), but I'd totally try to get Corrin as soon as he/she is available.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Corrin is definitely going to be a good character.

Unless all your **** is as slow as Shulk, it's literally impossible to have that much range and be a bad character.
Weren't people saying similar things about Palutena before the game released?

She has insane range with some of her Smash attacks, but she's not able to really use it to dominate the game, now is she?

I'm probably grossly simplifying things, so do feel free to educate me on what I'm missing.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Another great thing about Corrin is that he brings in the Manaketes. They've been a huge part of Fire Emblem forever, but previous Manaketes like Tiki had that problem of always fighting as a dragon. (Which is something I want reserved for Ridley anyway, but hey) Corrin's Dragon Fang ability allows him to introduce Manaketes without interfering with Sakurai's inability (or unwillingness. Whatever) to create larger, non-human characters.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Weren't people saying similar things about Palutena before the game released?

She has insane range with some of her Smash attacks, but she's not able to really use it to dominate the game, now is she?

I'm probably grossly simplifying things, so do feel free to educate me on what I'm missing.
To be fair, Pally's big issue is that she doesn't have access to her literally godly customs in the competitive scene.

She has other significant issues - laggy and unsafe smashes, tilts that barely embellish her neutral game, no reliable kill setups and an over-reliance on d-throw followups - but it's the customs things that really holds her back. If she could use her entire kit, she'd be great. Her drawbacks are designed with customs in mind, so take that out of the equation and you've got a very bare-bones skeleton of a fighter.

I guess Corrin's viability will depend on how she can use her tools in neutral and if they're more than just gimmicks. Having range and a big tippered poking stick is great, but if it's very slow or doesn't function well in neutral, it won't help her much; her moves have to work in the scheme of her overall gameplan, otherwise they're just cool moves in a vacuum that don't do anything practically. The fact that she has multi-functional specials across the board and is made of disjoints will probably help, though, and as somebody mentioned, landing lag will definitely be important when considering how viable her gameplan is.

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
Looking forward to either maining her or at least a secondary to Robin. Love her art as well. As I did with Robin I'm gonna sketch that art into a big poster paper and post it on my wall.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
High-res renders of both male and female Corrins:

They're not transparent because I don't know how to make them transparent without removing their shadows, so if anyone would like to do god's work, go right ahead. :secretkpop:

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
I personally kinda wish they kept the thigh gap, it's great.
Also I mainly just came in here to say:
"Big Brother is now Big Sister...?"
"Wow, Even Better!"
Makes me wish Sakura could've sounded much more confused at the gender swapping like in the Japanese trailer.

Now more seriously, what'd everyone think of the Dub?
At the start they dubbed over Elise's concerend face and original questioning "Onee-Chan" with a much more assertive statment without any changes to her face, which was kinda distracting with how little her expression matched.
While this was just a trailer I'm guessing they had to quickly edit over, it makes me wonder if Fates will have similar issues.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Crap! I just realized that Nintendo will probably only make a Male Corrin amiibo! DAMMIT!

They're not transparent because I don't know how to make them transparent without removing their shadows, so if anyone would like to do god's work, go right ahead. :secretkpop:
Hellooooooo you sexy beasts! :4bayonetta:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
My only complaint with Corrin is the fact that he did not get an alt that closely resembles our Unlucky Hero, ARTHUR!

I'll just use the Kaze alt.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I kinda feel like Azura should have got in instead. I also feel that the female Corrin should have been the main one to balance out male Robin..
that aside her attacks look so elegant and cool and I can't wait to play her. I hope they added in that graceful spin she does before she attacks as a taunt.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I feel like Corrin is mad unhyped, people way to mad about another Fire Emblem character and ignoring how awesome he looks as a fighter.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know, as an avid Fire Emblem fan, I never thought I'd be disappointed in seeing a new Fire Emblem rep... Help.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Since I spoiled Fates's story for myself like the hungry fanboy I am, I'm glad that Sakurai went with Corrin rather than Aqua. Aqua comes off more flat in terms of her personality outside of the story. Lances would have been the only plus.
Plus blue-haired bias.

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty happy with Kamui being in the game.

Seems like there are a couple of other posters here who also already have FE:if. I myself went and got the special edition, though tbh, I was hoping that Kamui would say some of his signature Critical Quotes in the Japanese trailer.

I thought that (other than Ryouma) the English voices in that trailer were bad.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Elise's English VA somehow managed to be worst than her Japanese VA.

Incredible. Everyone else sounds fine.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am hyped for Corrin... I guess I will pick up Fire Emblem Fates.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Welp, looks like I may have another sub main. Way more hyped for her than I am for Bayo or Cloud lol.

RIP Wolf, though :(

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
It's good to finally see the dragon element of Fire Emblem represented and it's even better to see some familiar faces around here.

Also, that part in the trailer where they say "big brother is now big sister, even better" killed me.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I feel like Corrin is mad unhyped, people way to mad about another Fire Emblem character and ignoring how awesome he looks as a fighter.
I'm sure once their initial rage burns out, people will become less antagonistic towards Corrin.

Keep in mind too that Corrin was kind of an underdog who didn't have a very vocal following (at least comparatively), so fans of the more "popular" and widely spread candidates are feeling ripped off and turning that aggression towards Corrin.

And of course, there are some people who are just "oh another swordfighter? boooooo!" no matter how unique they are.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm sure once their initial rage burns out, people will become less antagonistic towards Corrin.

Keep in mind too that Corrin was kind of an underdog who didn't have a very vocal following (at least comparatively), so fans of the more "popular" and widely spread candidates are feeling ripped off and turning that aggression towards Corrin.

And of course, there are some people who are just "oh another swordfighter? boooooo!" no matter how unique they are.
Doesn't help that he/she's the sixth character of a relatively small series.

Fans of characters from larger, less represented series are inevitably going to feel like their series haven't been done justice.

Drippy

Smash Ace

I agree like literally I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they want Corrin which obviously of course since his game hasn't come out yet. I just think it was great that he's technically a sword / spear / transforming-type character, that's so damn unique. Also it reminds me of how they kind of released Roy before his game came out in Melee. Lastly I strongly dislike the "another swordsfighter" **** that pepole like to spew? Oh so you want another fist fighter like Ryu? Wolf? Fox? Or whatever some **** ****ing Ness and ****.

KingDooburu

Smash Rookie
I can feel for the Fire Emblem fans out there, but to me it looks like it's turning into Super Fire Emblem Bros. Don't get me wrong they're cool, but 6 characters from one franchise? I thought Pokemon had to many and Pokemon is way more popular series.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

Where did you find the render for ChicKorrin? Can't find her anywhere.

Khao

Smash Lord
QUICK THOUGHTS GO.

As soon as I saw the FE-style cutscenes, I panicked. I think the representation we had of FE so far was good, and that more would be way overkill. Not to mention we already have a FE character as DLC. Did we really need another when we can give a different series a chance to shine?

All that went through my head really quickly, I knew this was gonna be a terrible decision.

But then the gameplay started.

And I liked what I saw.

There's no way to put it, this moveset is ridiculous and a huge deviation from the rest of the roster. The "stuck in place with lance > variety of moves" thing alone is crazy interesting and I can't wait to see the kind of things that come out of it. This character simply looks fun to play, and I'm definitely gonna play a lot as him/her when its released.

I really think the decision to add further Fire Emblem DLC is ridiculous and makes no sense. But if it had to happen, I'm glad it was like this, because even if this just leads to an oversaturation of something that's kind of a niche series, we do have a crazy unique and interesting extra character in the roster.

And I'm glad for that.

TL;DR: More Fire Emblem is stupid. But the fact that it's such a unique character more than makes up for it.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I for one welcome our new Dragon Lord to Smash. I managed to find the full Smash Artworks of both Corrins.

(Or Mamui and Femui as you'll see me refer to them as)

Top Bottom