• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
I (along with every other Robin main apparently) AM SO HYPE

I will probably play default female or pink female

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I (along with every other Robin main apparently) AM SO HYPE

I will probably play default female or pink female
Hahaha, trust me. We most of us Robin mains will definitely at least sub-main Corrin.
I'm definitely going to main Corrin, though. And definitely default female Corrin to go with default female Robin for my main colors.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm more hyped about Corrin than Bayonetta. So I'll definitely look go in depth with the character when he comes out.

Technizor

Smash Rookie
I had an exam during the Smash presentation, so I was coming in late without any hype whatsoever.

First thing when I started the video: Chapter 6 Decision Point from FE Fates. Oh boy...
Then when I saw the modified path selector I got super excited. I think that the reveal was pretty funny and fitting, although a lot of people are salty because: A) They don't like Fire Emblem and thus don't want another FE Rep, or B) They like Fire Emblem and thus don't want another FE Rep.

On to the tools that they showed off.
Jab and tilts look to be standard for a sword (chainsaw?) user, with some appropriate disjoint and moderate speed.
For the Dragon Fang moves, it really looks like they just named it for effect, since they used every special move slot, and from what I can tell, the Dragon Fang moves are only on certain moves (specials, BAir, Smashes, etc.).

The DownB counter is a bit disappointing, but the rest of the moves are interesting.

UpB (Dragon Ascent) unfortunately does not enable Corrin to Mega Evolve, but it looks like a wider version of Pit/Dark Pit UpB with a hitbox (but less range and slower?)

NeutralB looks like you cannot cancel the second part (the bite), so you need to either hit it at close range for bite followup or charge it.

SideB looks like a 2 input move: 1 input to leap, 1 input to lunge (probably shoots itself after a point like Little Mac SideB) looks really troll (lol at the crate wheelie) and depending on how quickly you can act out of cancel or jump (and whether those allow techs), it might be a read > combo starter. I'm hoping that SideB > Cancel (Down input?) > NeutralB is a true combo. It definitely will have huge applications for doubles, so Corrin might be better there.

Overall, I'm pretty excited about this character (and the game itself).

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So how many people am I going to know in here, I won---

Oh wait. Everyone.

Hello everyone.

So what do you guys all think?

That Fates is going to hype Corrin, or is Corrin going to hype Fates?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Oh wait. Everyone.

Hello everyone.

That Fates is going to hype Corrin, is Corrin is going to hype Fates?
Fates got me hyped for Corrin. And now Corrin is getting me hyped for Fates.

It's a vicious cycle with no end. :reverse:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Corrin looks by far the most fun FE character introduced. It helps her Dragon attacks were included in her A moves and not just as B moves (Robin has some A magic but it seems not to the degree of Corrin and Dragon limbs).

I need her premium BG though. Femui master race.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

That Fates is going to hype Corrin, is Corrin is going to hype Fates?
I think it will be a combination of both. Corrin's inclusion into Smash will help spread FE Fates to a broader audience, and being released the same month as they're home game will definitely increase excitement for both the game and Corrin!

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I will admit that I do find Corrin's moveset to be pretty damn good. I'm sure the hate against him/her is going to be pretty vicious until he/she actually comes out. Gonna need a full time mod in this forum before long, I fear. I think a lot of the hate though will die down once he/she's released and people see that it's not just Marth V4.0. I think it's going to be similar to if it was Isaac. We got a lot of morons claiming that Isaac is just another "Generic FE/FE like Anime Swordsman" and I'm sure that's a very common thought right now with Corrin.

However, the character WILL speak for itself.

Once the character is released at any rate...

I need her premium BG though. Femui master race.
Says the Admin to the Pleabs. Can't you do something about it?

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Fates hyped me for Corrin as well, so I imagine with the NA release gets here others will consider giving Corrin a shot.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Oh wait. Everyone.

Hello everyone.

That Fates is going to hype Corrin, or is Corrin going to hype Fates?
Honestly, as someone who have played FE if. I feel that for now, Corrin is going to hype the game. It might be different though.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I will admit that I do find Corrin's moveset to be pretty damn good. I'm sure the hate against him/her is going to be pretty vicious until he/she actually comes out. Gonna need a full time mod in this forum before long, I fear. I think a lot of the hate though will die down once he/she's released and people see that it's not just Marth V4.0.
Speaking of Marth, let's check the roster again! We've got.....
:4marth:Normal Marth
:4feroy: Fire Marth
:4myfriends: Buff Marth
:4lucina: Female Marth
:4robinm::4robinf: Magic Marth
And now :4corrin:Dragon Marth!

(This is exactly how I imagine the minds of the FE haters works)

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Explaining why Corrin isn't a 'waste of a slot' or 'generic animoo swordie' to the angry salty people who can't cope with the fact they aren't the majority
I think the character will speak for itself. Once it's actually released to the general public.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I was so jazzed about using Female Corrin, but Male Corrin is voiced by Cam Clarke...

My heart is wavering

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You severely underestimate these arguments. I keep saying that, all I get is 'WEHWEH SHOUDDA BEEN MY MOST WANTED' Corrin was off my radar and deemed impossible by me, yet I'm hyped as hell
Well, it's a good thing that the release is still two months away. By then (hopefully) some of the salt from not getting Steve or Banjo and Kazooie will have died down.

One can dream, right?

I'm well aware of the strength (and stupidity) of the "Generic Weeboo SwordsMan" argument. Remember, I wanted Isaac something fierce. I had to put up with that crap all the time.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Corrin Defense Squad?

Don't you guys think we'll be an army more than just a squad? Our tomes, dragonstones, sacred swords and good looks are more than enough to deal with the likes of people called "haters".

Essora

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty pumped for Corrin here! I'm hoping for tourney viable. Something that Robin and his grandma walk (seriously, Robin, take your time, we've got all day.) let me down with when I tried maining him. Corrin looks like he's got potential. Between the Smash DLCs and FE: Fates, February's gonna be a good month

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Fates release will be great too since I'll have some people to actually try and battle against. JP Fates is great and all but I know enough who play it.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Ah, that reminds me, seeing as February is generally considered the month of love..
Mmm, yes. We're having some love alright. With our drill swords and spike hands. Don't forget the shocking bites we're giving. It'll make them fly. But we'll keep chasing them with our wings.
And if our good looks is too much to handle for them or just not their taste...it's all fine. We'll give them that intense stare...that intense stare of a dragon.

To those unable to get into the action...not to worry. We'll make sure everybody's wet and moist for a thorough checkup with our sweet, loooong Omega Yato.

A-as you guys can see...I'm so so ready for my dragonstone.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I was rather surprised by Corrin. Pleasantly surprised though. Already sick of salty people about FE reps though.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I also have XCOM2 out in February, with Tales of Symphonia and Master of Orion remake as well coming out next year.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Excited for the character, even though his design takes some getting used to.
My biggest issue is that his inclusion seems to spoil a lot from a game I was really hyped for. Now that I know more details that were probably going to get revealed in the game (Dragon form, Final Weapon's design, etc.), my hype for Fates has died down a little. Still getting it though, and the character looks really interesting to play.
I'd take Corrin over Bayonetta ANY day... grumble, gripe...

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Excited for the character, even though his design takes some getting used to.
My biggest issue is that his inclusion seems to spoil a lot from a game I was really hyped for. Now that I know more details that were probably going to get revealed in the game (Dragon form, Final Weapon's design, etc.), my hype for Fates has died down a little. Still getting it though, and the character looks really interesting to play.
I'd take Corrin over Bayonetta ANY day... grumble, gripe...
Hohoho, you're in for a massive surprise if you think Omega Yato was a spoiler. Don't worry. There's nothing really spoiler worthy with the trailer or Omega Yato/Dragon Form. In fact, Dragon Form is an early part of the game and constantly shown in Fates trailers.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Dragon form gets revealed in chapter 5, before you even pick a side. Definitely not a major spoiler.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Not to mention many of the official trailers, interviews, screenshots, etc. reveal the dragon form so this is something the consumer is expected to know coming in. It's hardly a secret.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Dragon form gets revealed in chapter 5, before you even pick a side. Definitely not a major spoiler.
But isn't the partial transformation, when parts of the character are in a more-or-less permanent "dragon form", like the arms or head, a bit more of a heavy spoiler? Something that progresses throughout the story before getting better?

ᴠanilla

Smash Rookie
Sup nerds, I'm hyped for Corrin so much that I'm revisiting this lame-o game with the sole intent to come off as Melee as possible in my play.

See you guys in February.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
But isn't the partial transformation, when parts of the character are in a more-or-less permanent "dragon form", like the arms or head, a bit more of a heavy spoiler? Something that progresses throughout the story before getting better?
As I said before... They keep showing the dragon form in the trailers. Sm4sh does no explanation for it, only that we have dragon powers. There's no BIG spoiler at all. Minor spoiler? Yeah, I guess.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Nope. Happens literally right in chapter 5.

Top Bottom