• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Hype for this character! Very suprised another FE character got in! XD Has there been much salt anywhere yet? lol^

But yeah can't wait til he/she is out in February, so we can quickly learn this( kinda OP looking...) character to together ^_^/
Every character looks OP in the trailer, but I'd have to agree that Corrin does have desirable qualities. All his tilts seem quick, as do his aerials, and don't even get me started on his range! Can't wait for February!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Even though Bayonetta had the spotlight for me, can't deny that Kamui looked hype as hell. I fell in love with their Side Special (the glue spear one?) Will definitely try to use them. Hopefully they can re-fill that gap that I made when I dropped Robin.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Every character looks OP in the trailer, but I'd have to agree that Corrin does have desirable qualities. All his tilts seem quick, as do his aerials, and don't even get me started on his range! Can't wait for February!
Lol oh yeah maybe that's true. xD His/her little utilt twirl brings a smile to my face for some reason. Looks kinda familiar in a way...But man that range. And I didn't realize exactly how fast her his tilts were until you mentioned it. Looks faster than Marth's at least.
Plus He She has Ike's dtilt it seems? Hope it combos like Ike's too. heheh

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Lol oh yeah maybe that's true. xD His/her little utilt twirl brings a smile to my face for some reason. Looks kinda familiar in a way...But man that range. And I didn't realize exactly how fast her his tilts were until you mentioned it. Looks faster than Marth's at least.
Plus He She has Ike's dtilt it seems? Hope it combos like Ike's too. heheh
I love the U-tilt animation! It looks so fluid, and it's not the usual overhead sweep most sword characters have

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
(Also FE-Fates better be beginner friendly when I get it. I still want to finish the stupid sacred stones GBA game one day. Hell I even asked for support on the firemblem reddit but the game still sux. I finish all my games though :/ )
You'll want to start Birthright then, with multiple side fight opportunities available through passed time and per chapter progress (or by using gold to buy a fight) you'll have plenty of chances to get exp. Conquest was tough from my perspective, and some of the map gimmicks were flat out infuriating. Stupid windblasts...... Revelations from what I hear has a lot of gimmick maps as well, but isn't as difficult as Conquest.

I haven't gotten very far in sacred stones because I kept finding myself replaying Awakening and shortly after purchasing Fates, but if you need help with those two games I'll gladly do so through pm and what not.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Birthright is definitely the easiest of the bunch and story wise, it's best to start there. Conquest is pretty hard, not mincing words even normal mode might be only slightly easier than sacred stones hard mode, but if you get used to playing FE with birthright which has a rather smooth difficulty curve, you should eventually be able to handle it. Story wise, end with Revelations which isn't too bad, but there's more out of combat management stuff since you have twice as much stuff to build and upgrade in your castle also some unit balance is bit borked but about 3/4 of the cast is usable. After conquest, it shouldn't be too hard.

On a side note, I really like how they changed obtaining skills in Fates from awakening, they made it more resource management esque (while also cutting down tremendously on grinding) like previous games and every playable unit has a unique skill to them alone, which is neat.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1

if you weren't already super excited then this song will make you hype

im not loving the alt colours as far as i can see. i'll probably just use default female...maybe the black female one too though, that one is kind of like Nohr Corrin.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So yeah...Corrin looks fun! Such a shocking reveal! (And so much salt from the Smash fanbase) Though, I couldn't helped but feel bothered by the fact that Fates isn't out yet for the rest of the world and I would rather be familar with Corrin in Fates before playing as him/her in smash 4. Hopfully this feeling will diminish...
Quick question, for those of you who are planning to purchase Fates. Which one are you going for?

Birthright or Conquest.
I'm getting the special edition, but I'm probably gonna do Conquest first.

Last edited:

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
Has anybody else noticed Corrin's blue male alt looks like Kaworu?
I think the alt are like a tribute of another FE fates characters for example the red one looks like Arthur
Also this one!

Basically, Fates has GODLIKE music!
Amiibo songs are pretty good but those songs are not original from Fates I also love Robin's song (Id-Hope) :)

I want to see Corrin in the game, s/he looks powerful and quick with incredible range, palutena in her trailer only looks powerful and she is

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
To me, nothing looks OP in the trailer. Which is why I think she will be good. Every time they've shown a character to look super good in trailers (mac, palu, megaman, robin etc), they've turned out to be not so good, with the exception of Ryu.

A good recovery, safe spacing tools, good approach options, and high reward off of grabs is all you need to succeed in this game. Fancy gimmicks are rarely good for competitive.

For instance, if she can follow up her paralyzer with a grab AND also have a kill throw (ZSS), then that alone would pretty much guarantee her a spot in the upper tiers.

Although, judging by her up air.. if she's anything like Lucina / Boy Lucina, she's gonna be screwed in terms of grab reward.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually like female Corrin's render more than the male's one. I like how she's posing in that pic.

And I'll be using his/her default colors, just like every character I play as.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man why can't I have female Corrin as my main? I've no plans to play male Corrin
This is a feel I feel. I'm kinda surprised we didn't get a dual-render like we did with Robin. But everything'll be fine once they're released, so I can wait.

Edit; Nevermind. Holy ****, that render! :love::love:

Last edited:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
I really don't like that Male Corrin is the default. I feel like that is such a slap to the face since Female Corrin was #1 in the official popularity poll and more people played as her while Male Corrin barely made it to 5th place.

She'll never get a amiibo and is nothing more than an alt for the male. I find that troublesome in general with games for avatar characters

However, Corrin looks pretty awesome and super unique. Can't wait to pay as her.

Thanks Sakurai (I'm half disappointed and half glad).

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I can't really choose a good colour, Femui all the way though
Yo Anna is so legit, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just gave her most of my stat boosting items and made her a frontline fighter with I don't even know what amazing abilities, that chick's mad ratchet but rules. With people like this around here I'm picking up Corrin

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I really don't like that Male Corrin is the default. I feel like that is such a slap to the face since Female Corrin was #1 in the official popularity poll and more people played as her while Male Corrin barely made it to 5th place.

She'll never get a amiibo and is nothing more than an alt for the male. I find that troublesome in general with games for avatar characters

However, Corrin looks pretty awesome and super unique. Can't wait to pay as her.

Would have been nice if female Corrin was the default, yeah. A nice inversion to Male Robin being the default.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

Fem Robin also outplaced Male Robin, alas the decision in the end are what matters. I have no real issue with it really I mean they gave us both.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
We got both colors of ROB, eventually we could get amiibo of FemRobin and ChicKorrin. Who knows?
Really wish I'd had the money last month to preorder the special edition. I want that artbook :cry:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Huge FE fan and dual Marth/Mewtwo main here! Screamed when lobster lord first showed up yesterday. Totally didn't expect Kamui/Corrin. While I would have preferred Azura, Corrin is pretty exciting. His moveset seems unique as hell and I love the chainsaw sword and horse dragon thing (slightly disappointed that they spoiled it but oh well). Not sure if I'm gonna actually play Corrin, but I'll definitely try him out. I don't want to jump the gun by saying I'm definitely maining him (Robin/Lucy were my most wanted newcomers back in the day but I ended up not liking how they played at all), but he looks like a really fun character.

Fates and Corrin in the same month... February can't come fast enough. ;-;

Also, is anybody as hyped for Fates music in Smash as much I am? I freaking loved the Hitori Omou Smash remix that was during playing the trailer. So so excited for that to be released along with Corrin. The English version of Hitori Omou isn't half bad either but I like the Japanese version more. Every single track in Fates is godlike and is the best in the series IMO and I can't wait for some to be in Smash (At the End of All Roads, Map E3, The Light Shines Beyond, etc)

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If it weren't for the fact that the theme played on just about every side battle, I'd totally be down for having this theme included.

But yeah I'm hyped for what they did add. :'] More reason for me to spam coliseum

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Would have been nice if female Corrin was the default, yeah. A nice inversion to Male Robin being the default.
Well, they're releasing Famicom ROB; maybe they'll decide to milk the amiibo more and make male/female versions of WFT, Robin, Corrin and alt Bayonetta and AC Cloud. I can hope...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yo Anna is so legit, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just gave her most of my stat boosting items and made her a frontline fighter with I don't even know what amazing abilities, that chick's mad ratchet but rules. With people like this around here I'm picking up Corrin
Just to say I ran the Anna support thread in the old character discussion board and currently own the new one in the social group~ ;3

You have good taste, Mr Doomfire. The finest.

Top Bottom