• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
There should be different smashboard icons for male and female Corrin. Female Corrin is high tier while male Corrin is pretty bad tier. They might as well be entirely different characters. Just sayin.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is completely random relative to the topic at hand but I feel like (barring potential bad frames that we don't know about right now and the typical "trailer makes character look really good" effect) Corrin will be the most balanced (and therefore potentially the one with the most competitive potential) of the three most recent characters.

I assume that like the other two Corrin will have a couple less than amazing options in her standard kit (like Bayonetta's slower startup on her normal set, limited vertical U-B reach despite being able to use it twice) but in particular I feel like her recovery is far and away the best in terms of overall utility of the three. Corrin is the only one whose U-B isn't nearly strictly vertical or depends on a meter charge, etc. And it seems like it will be difficult to challenge the hitbox.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There should be different smashboard icons for male and female Corrin. Female Corrin is high tier while male Corrin is pretty bad tier. They might as well be entirely different characters. Just sayin.
Yeah female Corrin is gorgeous and male corrin looks like a dork.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
That Bair is going to be the stuff of nightmares.

Wonder if we can recreate brawl pit WoI tech with it...if the aerial boost is as good as they say it is in the presentation.

And good lord...the jab locks will be hilarious with that move Kamui has that just pins the opponent to the stage. Cancel it into say, a late fair and begin the pain.

The possibilities...

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that thinks Corrin's stock icon is really small?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This is so true it's ridiculous. There will definitely be different icons for them, that you can use for everything. Just like with
:4villagerf:/:4villager: :4robinf:/:4robinm: and :4wiifitm:/:4wiifit:.

Am still also waiting for AC Cloud's icon, and do we actually have a render of Bayonetta 1 Bayo?

Am I the only one that thinks Corrin's stock icon is really small?
You're not alone, but I'm sure it's mostly because we don't have the real icon yet. Are we even using the right one for Cloud yet? Pretty sure we can rip them right off the 3DS. We kind of just wing it until we can do that, iirc.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I had to wait three weeks for Cloud, and now I have to wait two months for Corrin.

I can do this...
Yeah, when you put it like that, February really doesn't seem all that far off!

Time to go watch the reveal trailer on loop!
That's the spirit!

We can do this, Corrin Crew!

...Or is it Castle Crew? Hmm.
I was thinking something along the lines of "Corrin's Army!" Or just "Corrin Army."
This is completely random relative to the topic at hand but I feel like (barring potential bad frames that we don't know about right now and the typical "trailer makes character look really good" effect) Corrin will be the most balanced (and therefore potentially the one with the most competitive potential) of the three most recent characters.

I assume that like the other two Corrin will have a couple less than amazing options in her standard kit (like Bayonetta's slower startup on her normal set, limited vertical U-B reach despite being able to use it twice) but in particular I feel like her recovery is far and away the best in terms of overall utility of the three. Corrin is the only one whose U-B isn't nearly strictly vertical or depends on a meter charge, etc. And it seems like it will be difficult to challenge the hitbox.
I have to agree, Corrin seems to be the most versatile of the three newcomers. They're up-b looks especially good, and like you said, the hitbox on it looks really strong and safe. Damn, the more I talk about Corrin, the more I want to play them!
male corrin looks like a dork.
Eh I have to disagree on this. While I do prefer Fem Corrin just a bit, I still think Male Corrin looks plenty badass!

Also, am I going crazy, or did Male Corrin's hair get shorter in his Smash model?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Big congrats to you guys

Never heard of Corrin but people asked for my fire emblem and got your wish.

And definatly getting him in February.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Remember when female Kamui had two left feet? Good times.
I would have never noticed that if someone hadn't pointed it out. Then someone pointed it out and I saw it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I saw that artwork.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
While the game may come out in February, I won't actually get to play it until May, because I'll be at college and my little brother will have the 3DS thousands of miles away. So for me it's more like half a year.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
I'm hype for this fighter

I'm hype for Fates

I want Corn now

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I did not see the reveal coming at all but I am definitely going to be picking up Corrin when she comes out. I knew that Corrin has that qilin/dragon form but I never knew about that ignis flame chainsaw sword. Needless to say I'm pretty excited.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering how long it would take before somebody did that.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Corrin Army? Sign me up.

The character's reveal did it's intended job. It got me hype for Fates.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
For those of you interested:

Courtesy of @Warchamp7, :4corrinf: is now available as an emoji and as a main in your preferences.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I prefer the male alt because green is my favorite color. Might play the purple female alt as well though. Purple is dope.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
I'm a guy, but male Corrin is kinda . . . weird lookin'. Obviously, I'll still use male Corrin in Fates, because he's customizable there, but female Corrin is not half as weird. Probably the lack of wacky anime hair.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Here you go.

oh **** yes hnggggg

something i really want to know is whether the side b acts as a command grab, i.e. beats shield. if it does, holy yes. if not i guess thats ok too. If the grab + throws are good then we could potentially have one crazy ass grappler... (if side b beats shield)

also something else is just what options u cam perform out of side b. this move is so weird and interesting. like, part command grab, part long range stab, maybe it will be really good offstage? dunno.

Also, did anyone else think the neutral stunned for like a REALLY long time considering the commitment?

hope shes good, cause im going to have to play her, thats just how it is. palutena is bad but i had to play her (and still do here and there)

Here's hoping she can cover MKs 3 slightly worse than even matchups so that i will actually use her in tournament, lol.

edit: oh also ive been spamming corn emojis in the mk skype chat all day, #nofear

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I hate that...sprig at the back of BroCorrin's hair. It just bleh. Definitely changing the hairstyle when I get Fates.
ChicKorrin makes me think of an Elf, though, with her long hair and pointy ears. Not the Christmas Elves, obviously, the Tolkien-style. The armor style, and some of the weapons you get in-game, most notably the throwing sword, which actually resemble Elven weapons from the movies, don't help lol.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
I doubt that the poke beat shields, but if it does, then I will never stop playing Corrin lol

It seems safe just because of the number of ways to get out of it.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Corrin hype is real.
Whenever I pick up the controller I get really itchy and want to scream "GIMME MAH CORRIN ALREADY."

EDIT: AHAHAHAHHAA THE TROLL
LOOK AT MY ICON FOR THE 3DS MAIN
I PICKED FEMALE CORRIN AND IT'S ROY KOOPA
GOOD JOB WHOEVER DID THIS

Last edited:
Top Bottom