• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
L’Arachel is my most wanted of the three so I’m definitely gonna be gunning for her. Myrrh would be nice too.

Time for me to save some orbs for the morrow.

D

Deleted member

I won't be summoning too much on the banner. The units are all good, no doubt about that, but I am not interested in Dragon Emblem and my Horse Emblem team is complete.
I will try to go for L'Arachel since she will be useful for my Ploy Party team (Res Tactic will give Fury Arvis 42 Res) and of course I love her as a character, but I have a feeling she will be demoted.
I have 155 Orbs currently and I'll spend a few. I am waiting for a banner that will really interest me.

The Japanese website has just confirmed Marisa will be a reward unit and not Ayra 2.0, so we can all rest easy.
I hope that this is a case of mistranslation. I would love to have Marisa but I don't want another Ayra scenario. As thankful as I am for the +6 Eldigan, I wanted Ayra more.
I eventually got her at least...

Some fans are speculating that it might have to do with Lyon: that Lyon taught her how to use Dark Magic at some point, so it might tie into that.
It might be that for a lore reason, but I've heard it's a reference to a glitch in SS where everyone could use dark magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Smash Champion
Glad that they finally put in another manakete (we've literally only had 6 so far). Being green+flying(I had thought that they'd all be stuck as infantry-type units)+new Hone Dragons is cool too.

now pls put Nah into the game

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Some fans are speculating that it might have to do with Lyon: that Lyon taught her how to use Dark Magic at some point, so it might tie into that.
I mean, that could be but it still feels off to me.

Also, RIP Knoll. If anyone was gonna use Gelpinir, it should've been him.

Edit: Nvm, it all makes sense now

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I hope that this is a case of mistranslation. I would love to have Marisa but I don't want another Ayra scenario. As thankful as I am for the +6 Eldigan, I wanted Ayra more.
I eventually got her at least...
But that's the thing: the Japanese website confirmed Marisa will be a reward unit for the upcoming Tempest Trials mini just like NY!Corrin was in the last one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I thought it was pretty clear from the moment they revealed Rhajat that they were smart enough not to create another Ayra scenerio. I don't fully trust IS anymore either, but not recreating the Ayra incident is the one thing I'm certain they won't do.
I'm not sure if these memes are helping to relieve the pain or just making it worse.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Glad that they finally put in another manakete (we've literally only had 6 so far). Being green+flying(I had thought that they'd all be stuck as infantry-type units)+new Hone Dragons is cool too.
I, on the other hand, am very nervous about Hone Dragons. In a Dragon dominant meta, they can be extremely hard to deal with. Giving them Hone Dragons will now make them more threatening.
In particular, Nowi gives me the most trouble.

But that's the thing: the Japanese website confirmed Marisa will be a reward unit for the upcoming Tempest Trials mini just like NY!Corrin was in the last one.
I thought it was pretty clear from the moment they revealed Rhajat that they were smart enough not to create another Ayra scenerio. I don't fully trust IS anymore either, but not recreating the Ayra incident is the one thing I'm certain they won't do.
I'm still very iffy and uncertain after Ayra and I am still mad that she isn't a free unit...
Since the Japanese text states that she will be a free unit, I am very happy and I hope that she's good. I just wouldn't put it past them and wouldn't be surprised if we end up with another Ayra scenario.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So a tweet from the Japanese FE Heroes Twitter page has confirmed that Brave!Eirikia in the new banner was indeed taught dark magic by Lyon.

On a different note, the stats for the new Sacred Stones characters + Lyon have been leaked:

And here's a compilation of official artwork featuring those Sacred Stones characters: https://imgur.com/a/c94Ho#vEWAebD

Lyon's art is 11/10! Absolutely amazing!

Astellius

Smash Ace
The art is just great this time around!

Myrrh's stats are scary. At a base of 36 Def, she is physically tankier than Adult Tiki by 1 point. Myrrh is essentially the Adult Tiki of green dragons, except Myrrh has better stats in ALL fields except Atk. And, with a 31 base in Res, she's quite strong against magic too.

In other words... get your Falchions ready!

Both L'Arachel and Brave Eirika have strong stats, but neither oppressively so. They'll be quite strong in the player's hands, but not too hard to face as enemies. At least, not more difficult than the usual horse shenanigans. Reinhardt's still the strongest horse mage, so if you can beat Reinhardt, you can beat L'Arachel. Eirika is red, so solutions might not be immediately on hand, but she's quite fragile, and can fall to a single strong red hit.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Lyon's Naglfar is a Legendary Raven Tome. He will feast on the souls of B!Lyns.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Spent over 100 orbs and still couldn't pull a single Myrhh...time to put the game aside and focus on something else so that horrible urge to spend goes away.

D

Deleted member

I summoned on the banner and my cut off point was when I reached below 100 Orbs. I mainly wanted L'Arachel, but I would take any Focus unit.
On my final batch, I managed to get Myrrh! She is +HP/-Res, which is perfectly fine. I might summon more eventually, but I am fine with one Focus unit.

I do have to say though, Lyon and Marisa are pretty good additions for F2P players. With Lyon and female Robin, F2P players can use both of them to take down Lyn and Rein respectively (assuming they don't run TA Raven fem Robin). Marisa's stats are very respectable as a F2P unit... I might +1 5 star her.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Made my Day 4 pick for Choose Your Legends 2:

I chose my second favorite Echoes character: the motivational yet relatable sensitive man, Forsyth!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Spent over 100 orbs and still couldn't pull a single Myrhh...time to put the game aside and focus on something else so that horrible urge to spend goes away.
I spent over 100 orbs hoping for any of the focus characters and only got a pity-breaker Catria. I already have a 5* Catria. Le sigh!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Day 3 and 4 progress. Of course i'm gonna vote for Azura. Also voting for Faye since i'm one of the 10 people who don't hate her.

Edit: The current placement in the ballot (from Japan anyway)

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Made my Day 5 pick for Choose Your Legends 2:

Going with my third favorite Echoes character: Conrad! This boy deserves some love.

I'll be going to Sacred Stones starting tomorrow.

As for those results, glad to see Takumi is holding well in the top 10. I'm shocked Ryoma took a huge leap to the point of surpassing both Nohrian brothers, and it's also surprising Kliff is currently the most popular of the Echoes villagers and not Gray or Tobin despite the latter two having more supports and screentime than Kliff.

Kaden at 20th though... I feel REALLY tempted in switching out one of my Sacred Stones characters for Kaden just so he can get one extra vote from me.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just completed the Lyon Grand Hero Battle on Lunatic difficulty.

Wasn't too bad at all. I used my Shiro team for this battle, and it held up pretty well. Julia went after the first blue Manakete, while Joshua dealt with the first green Manakete. Shiro then dealt with the incoming red and blue units on the left, then switched over to the right about two turns later. Brave Lucina took care of a few more units on the left. There was a close call at one point when the a Green Tome horse mage and a Bow Knight narrowed in on Brave Lucina and Julia, but both survived. Shiro took care of Lyon before he could do damage, and that left only the Firesweep sword cavalier. A combined effort of Shiro and Joshua took him down.

I decided to use my 20,000 feathers to upgrade Lyon to 5-star (not only because he's a great character, but also because something tells me he'll be a bonus unit in the upcoming Tempest Trials mini), and I'm currently trying to give him some skills. I'm planning on making a Naglfar build for him, and I already gave him Swordbreaker 3, Reposition, and Iceberg. I plan on giving him Triangle Adept 3 using my Roy. This leaves only a C-skill. I heard Atk Smoke 3 works best for Lyon, but I don't want to sacrifice my only Brave Lyn just for him. I also heard Atk Ploy 3 and Res Ploy 3 are good alternatives, but I only have Oliver for the former... who isn't a 5-star to actually pass the skill down. Anyone have any good ideas for other good C-skills to give to Lyon?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Seeing Ephraim at #2 makes me really happy. His heroes art and viability must have given him the boost he needed to outdo Chrom. I was horrified that the female winners would be Camilla/Tharja, but it seems that only Camilla is going to make it. I'm okay with that, just as long as both slots don't go to undeserving fanservice characters. That said, Loki in the top 10? Really? Must mostly be people who got into FE with Heroes, but still.

Oh yeah, I beat the Lyon GHB on infernal using a flier team. It was really tough for me though - it's really easy to get flanked on that map, especially with those ranged horses. By killing the green manakete last however, I managed to avoid having to deal with the mounted archer.
I decided to use my 20,000 feathers to upgrade Lyon to 5-star (not only because he's a great character, but also because something tells me he'll be a bonus unit in the upcoming Tempest Trials mini), and I'm currently trying to give him some skills. I'm planning on making a Naglfar build for him, and I already gave him Swordbreaker 3, Reposition, and Iceberg. I plan on giving him Triangle Adept 3 using my Roy. This leaves only a C-skill. I heard Atk Smoke 3 works best for Lyon, but I don't want to sacrifice my only Brave Lyn just for him. I also heard Atk Ploy 3 and Res Ploy 3 are good alternatives, but I only have Oliver for the former... who isn't a 5-star to actually pass the skill down. Anyone have any good ideas for other good C-skills to give to Lyon?
C-skills are super flexible, so I wouldn't stress about it. I usually like to pick a hone skill depending on who someone's teammates are, but his native Drive Resistance is fine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did Lyon's GHB on all difficulties!
It wasn't that hard to be honest. I had to rely on the classic Rein/Lyn combo, but female Robin on Hard and Lunatic and Deirdre on Infernal did their jobs. Definitely the easiest of the reinforcement GHB maps.
I won't be upgrading Lyon for a while because TA red Raven users are in a strange spot. They can counter Lyn, but they cannot counter Rein at all. I also have plans for Marisa and that requires L&D3 and I might give my Catria L&D3 too.

Glad to see Takumi is still in top 10 for males! I'm honestly surprised... I thought a lot of people hated him more than liked him. Also LOL at Reinhardt being top 10. I guess his OP status makes him rather popular. :p
The female side is... disappointing. Glad to see Celica and Nino are top 10, but I thought Azura would beat Camilla.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Surprised to see Leif in top 10. I was gonna vote for him because while I never played Tharcia, I think it's time for him to be in the game as he's the only FE protagonist missing out by this point. I thought against it but maybe that might change once again.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Was that last part a typo or some unfinished thought?
Uh, I think I erased that last setence but had to reload the page because lf technical issues. I guess Smashboards saved the first half of it to my post, so it reappeared when I refreshed.

Astellius

Smash Ace
My battle ballot so far has been Minerva x3, Tiki, and Est. I'll probably vote for Micaiah and Mia in the remaining days.
From the Japanese results so far, it looks like Marth is once again suffering from being split between two games. It seems silly that they didn't fix that. I'm also rather surprised to see so many FEH characters in the mix, and that Sharena is not one of them. I also like that Nino is in the top 10, and I would probably give her a vote, but for the fact that I don't really like her representation in Heroes (she looks way young, her voice is too squeaky).

Haven't tried the GHB yet, but will shortly!

This leaves only a C-skill. I heard Atk Smoke 3 works best for Lyon, but I don't want to sacrifice my only Brave Lyn just for him. I also heard Atk Ploy 3 and Res Ploy 3 are good alternatives, but I only have Oliver for the former... who isn't a 5-star to actually pass the skill down. Anyone have any good ideas for other good C-skills to give to Lyon?
The C-skill is flexible, so Hones, Spurs, and his native Drive Res are all great options. I feel like his Res is a bit low for the Ploy skills. The Smoke skills are nice debuffers on most distant attackers, but they're a bit of a luxury option and it's not like Lyon wants it more than anyone else. If I get around to promoting Lyon, I'll probably keep his Drive Res.

Also LOL at Reinhardt being top 10. I guess his OP status makes him rather popular. :p
I was expecting him to get a pretty large boost to his score from his performance in Heroes--seems to have come true! What would a Brave Reinhardt be like...?

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
All my votes have been going to FCorrin. I'm at least happy Corrin has remained so popular still, considering the top 10 is full of either really good units memes and/or recently added units. Especially true for the female side.

Very surprised at how drastically different this poll is compared to the first CYL. The male side is not so surprising to me with the exception of Reinhardt memeing his way into top 5, the female side is a whole other story though. Apparently a lot more people like Celica than I thought.

I'm not a big fan of any of them save for Camilla, so I'll be happy there's at least one character I like if she ends up in the top 2.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Might as well show off my battle ballot for CYL 2.

Currently thinking about going for Reinhardt, Takumi or Leif for these last two votes. Not gonna lie, I would love to see a Brave Reinhardt. Man's strong and fearsome back in the day before the first CYL. lol

Canas isn't in the game but I'm also considering him.

Also I'm almost kinda glad I'm not voting for Erika as she gets another variation of herself in the game during this week. lol

Hm... how would anyone feel about a Zelgius with B: Wrath 3, C: Armor March 3 and with a Panic Ploy / Quickened Pulse seal?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And thus I made my Day 6 pick for Choose Your Legends 2:

Picked my favorite cavalier in Fire Emblem, as well as my favorite Sacred Stones character: Forde. Sure he's not the best cavalier in his game, but his character is what draws me to him: a dedicated knight, a great brother to Franz, and most of all, an avid artist who'd love to paint even in the midst. He's like a medieval-equivalent to a modern-day multitasker! His sweet backstory behind his passion for painting also made me more attached to his character.

Tomorrow is the last day. I'm either voting for another Sacred Stones favorite or Kaden (to give him some love seeing how he is currently 20th in the CYL results).

Astellius

Smash Ace
Also voting for Faye since i'm one of the 10 people who don't hate her.
I forgot to mention, but I like Faye too! At least reasonably well. I feel like she got a lot of unnecessary hate from the FE fanbase, at least on SF. Lukas, however, was my favorite character from Echoes, and I'd give him a vote if I thought it would help his standing. But he doesn't seem that popular.

I secretly want to see a Brave Reinhardt. If Reinhardt is good now, how good would his Brave form be?
I secretly want a Brave Reinhardt too! Well, not so secretly, at least not now, since I said it out in the open. I hope he at least places in the top 10.

Hm... how would anyone feel about a Zelgius with B: Wrath 3, C: Armor March 3 and with a Panic Ploy / Quickened Pulse seal?
Sounds great! So, where do I pick him up?

But, honestly, I feel like he might not really benefit all that much from Wrath, and that he might get more mileage out of his native Warp Powder or Vantage. His special, Black Luna, is already incredibly strong, and I don't think it really needs the Wo Dao effect. Moreover, the CD is 3, so it's quite good already.

Now, don't get me wrong, Wrath looks like it would be pretty good on him, it's just that I don't think he particularly needs it, and Wrath is really rare. I know sites like Gamepress now tend to recommend Wrath on pretty much anything. I'd take their recommendations with a grain of salt.

D

Deleted member

I secretly want a Brave Reinhardt too! Well, not so secretly, at least not now, since I said it out in the open. I hope he at least places in the top 10.
Me: You fools! Why are you voting for Reinhardt? He's already broken! A Brave version would be super broken!
Also me: I want to watch the world burn.
I have a feeling he would have a skill like Sacae's Blessing as well. :p

Pretty hilarious that his oppressiveness in Heroes makes him rather popular. He kind of memed his way to the top.

My recommended set for Zelgius is the same one I run on Black Knight:
Weapon: Alondite
Assist: Swap
Special: Black Luna
A: Steady Stance
B: Vengeful Fighter
C: Armor skill / Panic Ploy / Threaten Defense
SS: Attack +3 / Distant Defense / Quickened Pulse

Of course, not everyone has access to Vengeful Fighter, so here is this set with Wrath:
Weapon: Alondite
Assist: Swap
Special: Black Luna
A: Steady Breath
B: Wrath
C: Armor skill / Panic Ploy / Threaten Defense
SS: Attack +3 / Distant Defense / Quickened Pulse

If you don't have a Brave Ike, then his default kit is rather good and needs no changing. If you like, you can given him Quick Riposte or Vantage as budget options. If Fierce Stance isn't working out, then Fury is a pretty good option for him.

Nah

Smash Champion
BH Reinhardt would probably look something like this:

Reinhardt, Supreme Overlord of the Arena
Weapon: Dank Thunder
Mt 16, Attack 3 times per round when initiating combat
Assist: N/A
Special: Demonic Aura
Cooldown: 3, Grants +75% to Atk
A: Meme Blow
Grants +12 to Atk if unit initiates combat
B: Tilebreaker
Unit ignores movement penalties from terrain, including mountains and sea. Unit gains +1 Mov.
C: Magic Is Everything!
If on the same team as another magic user, all stats of this unit and allied mage are increased by +100%

Also, the upcoming update is apparently giving new weapons to a few characters (Felicia, Caeda, etc) as well as refinement for a few existing legendary weapons (Falchion, Eckesachs, etc). Sounds like it could be cool, depending on what exactly we get.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today marks two milestones for me in FE: Heroes.

First, I finally got Takumi's Fujin Yumi refined to its +Spd variant:

He's finally maxed out!

Second, I finished grinding out Lyon and giving him his skills:

My first ever Roy (as well as one of my first 5-stars) sadly sacrificed himself for Lyon's sake, but I know the inheritance was worth it. With this build, Lyon can take on most green units and Brave Lyns with ease. He can even do well against sword units on the player phase! I also gave him Quick Riposte for his seal just to help with his Speed in general, though I still need to max it out.

Now to figure out a team for him.

On a different note, I also made my final day pick for Choose Your Legends 2:

After some tough decision-making, I decided to go with Joshua, my second favorite Sacred Stones character. A suave dude, a fun gambler, a great backstory, and a really good unit, Joshua is such a fun character in my eyes. He's also proven to be a great unit for me in my Fire Emblem Heroes experience.

If there was an 8th day, I would easily pick Kaden just to give him a boost on the current Choose Your Legends poll, but alas, it's not possible for me. Hopefully, someone else will pick him in my stead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 10.28.42 PM.png

My Battle Ballot. :p
I voted for Lute once because she's my favorite FE female / mage and she's the best girl. I was tempted to vote for PoR Black Knight on the last day, but I wanted to secure Takumi's top 10 placing and he's my favorite character of all-time.
...Speaking of Takumi, unfortunately my pity percent for NY Azura died to a Sheena. I summoned on colorless in hopes of getting a NY Takumi... but instead I got regular Takumi!!!!!
I now have a +5 Takumi! I just need 5 more for the dream of a +10 Takumi! :D

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Screenshot_20180127-205055.jpg

Originally I was going to spend all my votes on the twins, but then Mage Eirika got revealed and I got salty. Celica votes are mostly there to help make sure Camilla doesn't get #1 because I'm petty, and Knoll is there because he's my favorite character and, as I said, I'm salty.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Here is my battle ballot too.

I like Anna, Hector and Lon'qu. Elincia is my favorite FE princess, Leif I believe should get in Heroes already and Takumi for being a great character.

Oh and Oboro wields my favorite weapon type which is a spear, and I enjoy her character.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 9.15.28 AM.png

I just want to see the world burn. Or electrocuted. If Reinhardt can punt Alm out of 4th place, I'm satisfied.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
If there was an 8th day, I would easily pick Kaden just to give him a boost on the current Choose Your Legends poll, but alas, it's not possible for me. Hopefully, someone else will pick him in my stead.
I got you.

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 18.45.11.png

Admittedly, these choices were a bit on-the-fly, but I'm happy with my selections.

About my Path of Radiance playthrough; updates on it will be slow for two reasons. One, I want to try and avoid forcing myself to write about chapters I don't have anything to say about. Two, I've moved back to university, and so I don't have nearly as much time to play it as I would like. It's quite a long game, so I'll see how it goes.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Screenshot (739).png

I'm sure you are all awestruck at this level of originality. I put great thought into my choices, making sure they are all distinct and unique.

Top Bottom