• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
I think I'll make Sophia use SB because I lack other things to give her right now.
Swordbreaker is pretty good on her. I've been running her with Raourraven+Bowbreaker. She's one of my most reliable anti-Lyn/Bridal Cordelia units for Arena Assault.

I mean, even if her IVs weren't good, i would never use her as Wrath fodder since i don't know if i'll ever get another Nephenee.
I, too, usually like to keep a copy of the 5* characters I get. The only time I didn't was for Karel, because I really wanted to give his sword to Fir. Besides, if someone should inherit Karel's blade, it should be Fir.

I recommend all players, including those who are F2P, to buy the starter pack. $3.99 is a steal for more Orbs, Light's Blessings, Potions, and Black Knight. I recommend buying this alone just because of Black Knight.
I would have preferred it to be free, but I can't complain since the price is reasonable. I can't complain about having a +2 Black Knight now... hopefully they will give us more of him eventually.
$4 for 20 orbs alone is a great deal, I'll be buying it. I always thought they should've had a 1-time deal like this.

>Grand Hero Battle:Lyon
The Dark Prince of Grado is finally coming home bois.
It's about time! He definitely deserved to come in before Oliver.

Is this the Fire Emblem Heroes social
Yes, this is essentially an FE social, that's the most common topic. Other games and such are also discussed sometimes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really hope that we see more reasonably priced packs like this in the future. The BK is a part of my main arena team, so I naturally paid for it.

Also there's a Lyon GHB coming up. We might get a new SS banner soon. Time for me to start saving orbs.

There's going to be another round of CYL voting. I swear, if Tharja and Camilla win the female division, I'll be a salty man. I'm going to dump all my votes into Eirika in part to prevent that. She got really close last time, and I'm sure she's more popular now then the first one thanks to Heroes.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ok so i took a closer look at the schedule and
>New Heroes banner
>Legendary Hero Banner during the New Heroes banner
>Seasonal Banner (probably Valentine's Day themed) immediately after the New Heroes banner.

That's just unfair, especially for F2P-players.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
>New Heroes banner
>Seasonal Banner (probably Valentine's Day themed) immediately after the New Heroes banner.

Well, at least they gave us this schedule ahead of time so that we know what's coming. And they're going to be giving a ton of anniversary orbs to, and that Tempest Trial Mini certainly helps.

Astellius

Smash Ace
One thing I like about this calendar... no Voting Gauntlet! Good, I've been pretty tired of those, they need to be seriously revamped.

I'm really hoping that they'll also unveil some new game modes for the anniversary. They teased some in the survey, so that would be a great time for them to come out.

I really hope that we see more reasonably priced packs like this in the future. The BK is a part of my main arena team, so I naturally paid for it.

Also there's a Lyon GHB coming up. We might get a new SS banner soon. Time for me to start saving orbs.

There's going to be another round of CYL voting. I swear, if Tharja and Camilla win the female division, I'll be a salty man. I'm going to dump all my votes into Eirika in part to prevent that. She got really close last time, and I'm sure she's more popular now then the first one thanks to Heroes.
I'm hoping that they exclude the previous winners from the competition, because otherwise we could very well end up with the same characters in the lead again. While I would like more versions of Ike, Lyn, Lucina, and Roy, I'd like some other characters to get some time in the spotlight too. I'll be trying to rally people to vote for Minerva on SF, in the hopes that she'll score high enough to finally get an alt in Heroes.

>New Heroes banner

Could be more CYL characters/anniversary characters. That's what I'm hoping for at least! They're also loading us up with lots of free orbs. I have over 90 orbs saved up right now, even after spending all the ones I had on Micaiah the day she came out. That's a pretty good stock in so short a time! We've got another mini-Tempest coming up for even more orbs, plus the pre-Anniversary orbs, and then Anniversary orbs, and orbs for each of the banners... This is how I like things!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since my luck has been going nowhere when trying to pull NY!Takumi, I decided go for the Radiant Banner. I had two chances to pull Zelgius or Michaiah each, but instead I got this:

Yep, I finally got normal Lyn. She's +Atk -Spd for her IVs though, so she's rather hit or miss.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yep, I finally got normal Lyn. She's +Atk -Spd for her IVs though, so she's rather hit or miss.
-Speed isn't actually so bad on her. Sol Katti weapon refinery gives her Brash Assault 4. Get her under 75% health and she'll be able to double any melee fighter regardless of speed, and with a desperation effect on top of that.

D

Deleted member

Is this the Fire Emblem Heroes social
Yes.

I'll be dumping my votes mostly on Takumi if I can vote for him multiple times.
Though I am curious as to how they'll handle it this time. Maybe things will be different, but I think Ike and Lyn will top both males and females again if we can vote on them. I know I would vote for Ike.

Since my luck has been going nowhere when trying to pull NY!Takumi, I decided go for the Radiant Banner. I had two chances to pull Zelgius or Michaiah each, but instead I got this:

-Speed isn't so bad on Lyn all things considered.
If you give her Brash Assault she will double enemies regardless and Sol Katti has built-in Desperation 2. She will only face trouble from ranged units since they can't counterattack without Close Counter (which is very rare). With Weapon Refinery, Sol Katti will have Desperation 3 and Brash Assault 3, so you can give her something like Swordbreaker as her slot B.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Thats her kinda best IV even, if you choose to refine her weapon. She will be exceedingly crazy good with a set like:
Fury to increase res/atk, and give yourself dmg for your weapon effects.
Wrath (if possible) to make galeforce rather realistic. Also, synergizes well with fury and weapon.
Def-Ploy, to abuse the oddly high (with fury higher) res stat.

She'll do fiiiine after a single refine, even if you do not wish to invest anything beyond the Fury still.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Nice! I randomly pull a Lyn off-banner awhile back, but she was the inverse of yours, +Spd/-Atk. Not too good, since her attack is pretty bad to start with.

But yours, on the other hand, has a good nature! I agree with the others, Atk is her best boon, and Spd is disposable, possibly her best bane, given her weapon's refinement. Even with a Spd bane, she'd reach 37 Spd if you threw Fury on her, which is good enough to avoid getting doubled most of the time.

I'd also recommend Vantage for her B-passive. She wants to be below 75% HP most of the time for her weapon, so why not stack another HP conditional skill there? Escape Route is an alternative and fun option for longer modes, like TT.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Chapter 13:
Replaying this level makes me really wish Path of Radiance was a little more user friendly. That said, I don't think the Tellius duology needs an Echoes-style remake as their actual presentation has held up pretty well; it just needs a few tweaks and it becomes perfect.

Despite all that trouble though, this chapter is actually fine. The post-chapter story stuff where we learn about Begnion's system of government and parts of its society by talking to Empress Sanaki is great and I feel part of why this game is so well regarded. Yeah, Sanaki is sort of a magic Dalai Lama, but you don't need to invent new political systems from scratch to make them interesting, and I really do believe Fire Emblem is at its best when it explores this kind of political intrigue.

In other news, It's only now that I've actually figured out where the shop is.

Haha, yeah, I remember Astrid being something of a pain to recruit, since she's, what, level 1? She's got Paragon though, so she levels up really quickly, should you want to use her.
Rolf has already seen frequent use, so I think I'll stick with him. But man, what a first impression Astrid provides.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hector and Olivia.

Simply voting for my 2 favourites. I know hector will prolly win without my help, but I don't take any gambles anymore.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This is how my CYL voting will probably go:

1) Takumi
2) Oboro
3) Python
4) Forsyth
5) Conrad
6) Forde
7) Joshua
8) Either Chrom, Virion, Shiro, or Takumi again.

I might switch Conrad for another Takumi vote depending on where Takumi will place in the halfway results.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Which characters do you plan to vote for the next CYL?
I definitely plan to vote for Minerva, and am debating whether I want to give all my votes to her (if it's an option), or else give Tiki, Mia, Micaiah, and Est some as well. How about you?

They put up the CYL voting website yet btw or no?
Not yet, they said 7 pm PST, so in a few hours as of the time I am writing this.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 02.36.09.png

IMG_1190.jpg

I have just discovered that America has really odd spines on Gamecube games. Why is the Gamecube logo on the bottom? How has everybody gone this long without questioning this?

On topic, I'd personally prefer if CYL was used to add popular minor characters like with the Farfetched Heroes update rather than to create additional variants of the overall most popular ones. With that in mind I don't really have any voting strategy.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Welp, my first vote goes to Anna, my bb girl. Was thinking Tiki but thought that she already had enough of herself so ehh. May be thinking about voting for beast shifters (Lethe, Panne, Kaden, TIBARN!!!). Also kinda wanna see more characters debut so Leif is definitely going to get my vote. Oh and...

ASHNARD IS DEFINITELY GETTING MY VOTE LET'S GOOO!!! :grrr:

Dunno about the rest of my remaining options.

Nah

Smash Champion
Seems that they barred people from voting for the previous CYL winners and their alternate forms, which is good

went and placed my obvious vote now

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Shoot, i forgot about CYL. I missed a day, my bad I blame Xenogears. Guess i won't get that special wallpaper.

Let's start this off with Rein-time.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I got Reinhardt to appear on the CYL website. It's amazing how far he came from a minor boss from an obscure game, to one of the faces of FEH.
Reinhardt.png

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Made my Day 2 pick for Fire Emblem Heroes:

Giving it to my second favorite Fates/Fire Emblem character: the Hoshidan fashionista and killer tank Oboro!

Beginning tomorrow, I'm jumping to a different series: Echoes. I'll pick my favorites from that game those next two-three days.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Ok but i lowkey want the Brigand Boss to win. Just the fact that he's even a choice is hilarious but no Batta the Beast smh.

D

Deleted member

I beat Xenoblade 2 the other day.
Overall I loved the game, but I think the original is better in my opinion.

I also voted for Lute yesterday... time to go back and vote for Takumi.

Ok but i lowkey want the Brigand Boss to win. Just the fact that he's even a choice is hilarious but no Batta the Beast smh.
I wonder why he's a choice. :p
Part of me thinks people will try to meme him, Reinhardt, and Wrys to the top like they did with Dorcas.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
MYHRR?! L'ARCHEL! ANOTHER EIRKIA?!

Myhrr is an armor dragon btw. Amazing.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm glad to see Fae is no longer alone in being the only green-unit manakete. The fact Myrrh is equipped with a Hone Dragons skill is also pretty cool.

I didn't expect we'd get another variant of Erika on a banner like this, not to mention I didn't expect her to be a mage unit of all of a sudden. I bet Choose Your Legends may have factored into this.

Since this ended up being an all-female Sacred Stones banner, I think it'd be cool if Heroes would follow up with another Sacred Stones banner featuring the males to parallel this upcoming banner: a new variant of Ephraim and two other popular/important male characters from that game (probably Gerik and Cormag, though my personal bias wishes my boy Forde would be a part of a banner like that instead).

One can only dream...

Myrrh is actually a flying-unit manakete, but it's still a first of her kind for this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

MYHRR?! L'ARCHEL! ANOTHER EIRKIA?!

Also in the Notices, it mentions that not only Lyon will be a GHB, but Marisa will be a unit that will "help boost our bonus points in Tempest Trials."
That could mean one of two things: she's either a free unit or she will be Ayra 2.0. Let's hope for the former, but knowing IS she will be a TT banner unit and be on the same level as Ayra, Mia, and the Black Knights. >_>

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
not to mention I didn't expect her to be a mage unit of all of a sudden.
Even beyond that, why is Gelpinir her Tome? She doesn't look like the type woul use Dark Magic.

Myrrh is actually a flying-unit manakete, but it's still a first of her kind for this game.
Ah. I saw the icon from a distance and mistook it for armor.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also in the Notices, it mentions that not only Lyon will be a GHB, but Marisa will be a unit that will "help boost our bonus points in Tempest Trials."
That could mean one of two things: she's either a free unit or she will be Ayra 2.0. Let's hope for the former, but knowing IS she will be a TT banner unit and be on the same level as Ayra, Mia, and the Black Knights. >_>
The Japanese website has just confirmed Marisa will be a reward unit and not Ayra 2.0, so we can all rest easy.

Even beyond that, why is Gelpinir her Tome? She doesn't look like the type woul use Dark Magic.
Some fans are speculating that it might have to do with Lyon: that Lyon taught her how to use Dark Magic at some point, so it might tie into that.

And that would make quite a nice coincidence since the Lyon GHB will be running around the same time the new Sacred Stones banner is around.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Everyone on the new banner looks great, both in terms of skill sets and artwork. The artists really did an excellent job. I'd like to pull them all! However, I may try to wait to see who's on the Legendary banner that's coming up as well... if my will is that strong! But I also might just pull on the banner when it comes up...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
On a different note, I made my Day 3 pick for Choose Your Legends 2:

I'm going with some Echoes characters for the time being, and what better way to kick that off by picking my favorite Echoes character: the hilarious and snarky Python!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Woah wait hold up. Erika gets ANOTHER version of herself? As in, she's like Mage Knight or Valkyire this time? Wow yo. Odd considering she didn't use magic even from her home game at all but neat!

Now Myrrh and L'Archel hmm... this is going to be rather tempting... seeing how I liked both.

Edit: Since I love L'Archel as a character, maybe her first!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why does Eirika have Knoll's tome? Give it back!

Okay, seriously, I love Eirika, but making a varient of her while so many SS characters continue to go unrepresented is just dumb.

Myrhh was my most wanted unit after Knoll though, so I'm totally sniping for her tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom