• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

We are days away from the one year anniversary. I bet they have something big planned for this, beyond news of the next Legendary banner, the next Tempest Trial, the CYL 2 winners, and perhaps the next banner after the New Years banner.
I hope we see what the new weapons and forges do, as well as other upcoming weapon forges (such as Brynhildr getting an upgrade). I secretly hope they announce another BK deal, because I want more Black Knights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the Feh Channel has just finished airing. Some news from it/thoughts:

Radiant Dawn Ike will be the new Legendary Hero in the upcoming Legendary hero banner. That was... unexpected.

Xander's GHB will also be returning next month.

There will be a new Hero Fest banner featuring Brave Ike, Brave Lyn, Nephenee, and Sigurd. Brave Ike and Sigurd are what I'm aiming to pull from that.

We'll also be getting 100 orbs over the course of February, and there will be special training maps as well. Experience and SP-gains will also be doubled in February as well.

That new tap mini-game also caught me by surprise. Doesn't look very interesting to me, but if this gives us free orbs, than I might consider it.

Best news of this broadcast, at least for me, was the reveal that Performing Azura will be part of the next Legendary Hero banner. Yep, good to know where all my orbs are going soon.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Not gonna lie, that livestream was disappointing. I only care about the rhythm game+the 50 Orbs+the daily maps. Powercreep Ike, woo. I don't actually care. Would've preferred another OC.
Adding to this, if they were gonna make an existing character a Legendary, they should've gone with Marth. You know, the OG Lord.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I forgot to mention this is also a thing:

Go on the main website, and you can vote for a Hero that already appeared in the game. The most popular Hero from this voting event will be given to everyone as a free unit. Also, RD!Ike can be selected as one of the Heroes.

Something tells me RD!Ike will win it due to the timing of his reveal, but I personally hope Hector will win it instead.

Also, this just showed up:

No, this is not the CYL 2 results. This is the results for the characters that have been tapped the most number of times in the game.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, just watched the FEH channel! And, well... honestly, I thought it was a little underwhelming. They are giving out a ton of orbs, which is fantastic, I'm definitely looking forward to that, especially since this latest SS banner has been giving me terrible luck. Lots of orbs, lots of maps, that's all good! Summoning is one of my favorite parts of the game, so I'm glad they're going to let me do a lot of it.

However, I was really hoping that they would roll out some new game modes, and not just the rhythm minigame. That's what I really was hoping for! Ah well.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad they are giving us a ton of Orbs and such, but that minigame is uninteresting and... I'm very upset that RD Ike is a Legendary Hero. It makes sense I guess since he's the Radiant Hero and the most powerful character in the FE series, but I rather get him for free. I would not be surprised if he won that ballot hands down.

Though, I honestly shouldn't be complaining too much about Ike. I managed to get him with +Def/-Speed IVs in less than 100 Orbs. I guess the game took pity on me for the past Legendary banners to give me my favorite lord, as well as one of my favorite video game characters.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm glad they are giving us a ton of Orbs and such, but that minigame is uninteresting and... I'm very upset that RD Ike is a Legendary Hero. It makes sense I guess since he's the Radiant Hero and the most powerful character in the FE series, but I rather get him for free. I would not be surprised if he won that ballot hands down.

Though, I honestly shouldn't be complaining too much about Ike. I managed to get him with +Def/-Speed IVs in less than 100 Orbs. I guess the game took pity on me for the past Legendary banners to give me my favorite lord, as well as one of my favorite video game characters.
Whelp, I personally love rhythm games like these. So pretty happy about that.

And hey, the massive GHB revival is nice too.

Nah

Smash Champion
I like how they poked fun at the fact that they deliberately haven't re-done Xander's GBH until now lol

now I'ma go to start summoning on the new legendary banner
edit:

-Def/+Spd

Thanks for coming home again, Ike :)

got a BH Lucina and a Faye out of it too

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace

Well, we might get a copy of him for free, if a sufficient number of people vote for him in the "Hero Rises" event. But, yeah, I didn't want him to be a Legendary Hero, at least not this soon. I wanted some more original characters. Surely that can't be too hard for them to supply...

I got Ike on my second roll, and he's +HP - Res. I hope everybody else has similar or even better luck.
Thanks, and I'm happy you pulled him! I've been having terrible luck lately, at least with the latest Sacred Stones banner. Ah well, I've had great luck in some other banners, so maybe I can't complain too much!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know about you guys, but I don't care one bit about the OCs. Fjorm and Gunthra have alright character design, but that's about it. I'd much rather have characters with I have an actual attachment to as legendary heroes, so I gladly welcome this change.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Speaking of OCs

Veronica managed to get second in CYL.

Not really a big fan of most of the top 4 but at least I have smol angery green nugget to look forward to.

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised Veronica made it to second place, but I don't mind it at all since I really don't like Camilla.

Well, we might get a copy of him for free, if a sufficient number of people vote for him in the "Hero Rises" event. But, yeah, I didn't want him to be a Legendary Hero, at least not this soon. I wanted some more original characters. Surely that can't be too hard for them to supply...
He could win since the event was announced after his announcement. I think many will vote for him, Hector, or Reinhardt.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't care one bit about the OCs. Fjorm and Gunthra have alright character design, but that's about it. I'd much rather have characters with I have an actual attachment to as legendary heroes, so I gladly welcome this change.
I don't care about the OCs either, which gives me a reason to skip Legendary banners. But when you make my second favorite FE character a Legendary Hero, it makes it hard to ignore and kinda annoying.
I do hope that Marth will be a Legendary Hero in the future. Poor guy deserves it, especially when he screwed in the CYL poll. If it wasn't for the split in votes between games, he would've beat Ephraim and lost to Hector.

Nah

Smash Champion
how did Veronica manage to nab 2nd place in the females division? And beat out Camilla at that?

But hey, I'll take a CYL Celica or Hector.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here are the rest of the CYL 2 results:

Top 10 for both males and females
11-20 for the males
11-20 for the females
1-100 places overall
101-300 places overall
301 and beyond

My thoughts:

Most of the top 2 for both males and females are great choices. I'm quite interested in seeing how the brave versions of Ephraim and Hector will turn out.

Nice to see Takumi still retained the top 10 and still managed to be the highest ranked male character from Fates yet again! I was also shocked too see Ryoma climb onto the top 10, but hey, good for him!

Veronica climbing to 2nd place was surprising, but I hope this means we'll have Veronica playable in the near future (hopefully with her normal self first, followed by her Brave Heroes counterpart by the time that comes out).

Kaden successfully managed to remain in the top 20! I'm very happy!

Speaking of Kaden, seeing how him, Keaton, and Selkie managed to make the top 20 for their respective categories, I hope this means we'll be seeing the beast units put into Heroes sometime in the future. I'd LOVE to spend my orbs on Kaden.

Conrad managed to get 106th place overall, with Python right behind him at 107th place. Great to see two of my favorites from Echoes managed to score much higher than I expected, especially Conrad.

Nice to see Lyon score at 126th, though I'm rather saddened Oboro dropped to the 170s range this time around.

Faye at 88th makes me a bit uncomfortable though.

D

Deleted member

how did Veronica manage to nab 2nd place in the females division? And beat out Camilla at that?

But hey, I'll take a CYL Celica or Hector.
My theory is one of two things, or perhaps both are true.
1. People want the villains to be playable in FE Heroes. Veronica was the best bet for this after seeing her placement in the poll and she is moderately popular.
2. There are people out there who absolutely hate Camilla. I would not be shocked if there were people who rallied behind Veronica and the others just so that Camilla doesn't get a Brave version. While you might ask "Well why not support Eirika?", that's because she already has an alt in the game, so people supported her less.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hector and Ephraim are both 1st and 2nd... gonna be hard deciding who to pick since I don't have either. Veronica at 2nd place?

That's surprising... but hey at least she beated Camilla. Nothing against Camilla, but she's already have like... two other variations of herself.

Happy for Celica making 1st. Takumi at 8th and Leif at 9th.

Really happy for Mia (17th) and Delthea (19th) making top 20th. Was really considering voting for the former. Don't know why I didn't.

Edit:
Honestly should've voted for Mia instead of Anna. Mia is my 2nd favorite FE female character the more I think about it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Veronica winning second is actually hysterical. They're going to have go find a new evil summoner to replace her with if she leaves team baddies. IS has a mess on their hands now, although they still have, like, half a year to sort it out.

If we get a free character from this again, I'm totally picking Ephraim by the way, regardless of who's the best unit of the bunch. I did give him one of my votes, afterall.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Poor Marth, missing out on getting an alt due to the split voting between games! The game has been out for a year, and still no alts for the original lord.

I'm surprised that Veronica took #2, I guess that's the players way of telling IS to make her playable already. Same with Leif hitting #9. Selkie was also pretty close to cracking the top 10 females. Keaton, Panne, Velouria, and Tibarn also scored quite well Will they finally give us a beaststone user?

Reinhardt and Nino received huge boosts to their score since the last time. My poor Est is still on the last page. But my vote for her made a difference--her Shadow Dragon incarnation now has 201 votes, tying her with New Mystery Anna and letting her beat out Percy who only had 200 votes.

Wrys memed his way to 56. I think that's pretty funny.

Radiant Dawn Mia placed at 31 overall this time around... which is exactly where she placed in the last CYL event!

D

Deleted member

So Hero Fest 3 is out now and... I got rather lucky on my first two summons.
Both of my summons in two separate packs were Brave Lyn, so now I am at +3 on my Lyn (I value giving her merges more than using her for Swift Sparrow). I was hoping to go 3/3 and get a Brave Ike, but I got Cecilia instead. I'm over 200 Orbs, but I rather not blow them all away on these banners.

As for who my free summon will be for CYL2, it will most likely be Hector, but I need to see if any of these units have the potential to be as oppressive as Brave Lyn.

I've also noticed that the CYL2 poll has a lot of Genealogy and Thracia units placing poorly. I do hope those games get remakes so the characters can get more exposure.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My free summon for the CYL2 is gonna be Veronica simply because she isn't playable yet.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I sadly did not get NY!Takumi at all last month, so when the new Legendary Hero banner was announced along with the reveal that Performing Azura would be a part of it, I was looking forward to it, hoping my luck would turn around.

In the first two days, I didn't get her at all as I aimed for the green orbs. I even spent some money, and still no luck.

But then today, we were blest with the 50 free orbs. I spent them all on the Legendary Hero banner. I didn't get much in the early and mid summoning rounds, but towards the end as I was left with only 11 orbs, a miracle happened when I went for the single green orb in my last summoning session:

I FINALLY PULLED PERFORMING AZURA!!!

I was so happy about it! She was my most wanted unit in the Legendary Hero banner since I failed to pull her in the Performing Arts banner, and she is the best dancer in the game. Pulling her today really makes up for not pulling NY!Takumi all of last month.

Her IVs +Atk -Spd. Kinda wish the bane was different, but I'm still going to cherish this Performing Azura.

I'll be training her up now.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
> Gets 50 orbs
> Decides to take a break from looking for RD!Ike and dive into the Hero Fest banner for Neph
> Decides to waste them all and gets

Basically how my morning started.

+SPD -RES like ayy. I've also gotten a Performing Azura too so I merged the recent one for the one with the better IVs.

I'll still look for Vanguard Ike but tbh I feel like I don't really need him. Like, I've already got Brave Ike as my free pull and have BK and Zelgius instead but eh. I'll still look for him and Mia. :p

Hows everyone else' Friday coming along?

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Thanks for the 50 orbs IS! I was pushing the pity rate of the SS banner to nearly Hero Fest levels, but finally, FINALLY, I got one of the focus characters--Eirika! She's +Spd/-Res, so a great nature! I pulled the remaining greens on that session, in hopes of Myrrh but I got a random Deirdre instead, which is nice, although I already had a Deirdre.

I then turned my attention to the Hero Fest banner, as Ike is the last CYL hero I needed. I only had to open 2 summoning sessions before he graced me with his presence! I'm tempted to try summoning more copies of him, so that I can give Tiki Steady Breath, but I also really would like L'Arachel... We'll see how it goes!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I ought to mention that I did in fact pull a Myrrh earlier, but she was -attack/+speed. Normally I just suck it up if I get bad IVs and move on, but favoritism got to me and I spent all 50 of my free orbs sniping green and got nothing. Bleh.

Well, I did get some merges on a lot of 4* green units, so that's nice I suppose.

D

Deleted member

I did the GHB Valter quests with a team consisting of RD Ike, Takumi, Nohrzura, and Valter/Sharena.
Using Valter was a lot more difficult than Sharena and required some trial and error to beat Valter with Valter. With Sharena was a lot more easier since I gave her Lancebreaker and I was able to beat the map rather early.

I also did some summons last night and I got a Summer Robin, which I am very thankful for. I do want Lancina, but I never mind more merges on Robin. I'm also super tempted to try and pull for L'Arachel. I have over 200 Orbs, but I want to conserve them for something bigger...

I sadly did not get NY!Takumi at all last month, so when the new Legendary Hero banner was announced along with the reveal that Performing Azura would be a part of it, I was looking forward to it, hoping my luck would turn around.

In the first two days, I didn't get her at all as I aimed for the green orbs. I even spent some money, and still no luck.

But then today, we were blest with the 50 free orbs. I spent them all on the Legendary Hero banner. I didn't get much in the early and mid summoning rounds, but towards the end as I was left with only 11 orbs, a miracle happened when I went for the single green orb in my last summoning session:

I FINALLY PULLED PERFORMING AZURA!!!

I was so happy about it! She was my most wanted unit in the Legendary Hero banner since I failed to pull her in the Performing Arts banner, and she is the best dancer in the game. Pulling her today really makes up for not pulling NY!Takumi all of last month.

Her IVs +Atk -Spd. Kinda wish the bane was different, but I'm still going to cherish this Performing Azura.

I'll be training her up now.
I wish I had better IVs on my Nohrzura, too. I had to stick with -Attack or -Speed, so I had to pick my poison and ended with the -Speed one.

Still, Nohrzura is an amazing pull and she'll help you with GHBs and BHBs. I always use her on my teams because of her insane dance boost she gives!

I'm glad you finally got her!

> Gets 50 orbs
> Decides to take a break from looking for RD!Ike and dive into the Hero Fest banner for Neph
> Decides to waste them all and gets

Basically how my morning started.

+SPD -RES like ayy. I've also gotten a Performing Azura too so I merged the recent one for the one with the better IVs.

I'll still look for Vanguard Ike but tbh I feel like I don't really need him. Like, I've already got Brave Ike as my free pull and have BK and Zelgius instead but eh. I'll still look for him and Mia. :p

Hows everyone else' Friday coming along?
Congrats on the Tana and her IVs are rather good!

I'm honestly jealous. The one I have is +Def/-Attack, so I haven't used her at all. :p

Thanks for the 50 orbs IS! I was pushing the pity rate of the SS banner to nearly Hero Fest levels, but finally, FINALLY, I got one of the focus characters--Eirika! She's +Spd/-Res, so a great nature! I pulled the remaining greens on that session, in hopes of Myrrh but I got a random Deirdre instead, which is nice, although I already had a Deirdre.
Nice Eirika!

As for Deirdre, you can go for merges or you can use her for Quick Riposte 3 or Speed Ploy.
If you use Arvis, definitely recommend giving him Speed Ploy. Now that Defense Ploy is a SS, giving him Speed Ploy with Defense Ploy SS means he can debuff all 4 stats at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
50 Orbs. I used 5 of them and
Mission accomplished. I used up a few more Orbs trying to get Legendary Ike (i know that i said i didn't care about him but i was feeling lucky so why not) but i didn't get him. Eh. 30 Orbs left, gonna save up for the (probably) Valentine's Banner (though i might quickly go for Nohr!Azura).

I feel bad for my friend though. He used up all 50 Orbs from the Anniversary log-in and didn't get Legendary Ike. Got a few more Orbs, got his pity rate to 10% and then had his dreams shattered by Siegbert.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Another eventful day of Fire Emblem Heroes for me!

I accumulated another 20 orbs and decided to go for the current Hero Fest banner. On the first green orb, this is what I got:

Yep, a Brave Ike! He's +Atk -HP for his IVs, which aren't too bad. I'll be training him up for the time being.

I also finished grinding up my Performing Azura:

And thus my new premier dancer unit is born!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jeeze, those developer maps can be brutal on Lunatic Difficulty. I had to use double dancers with a hone fliers boosted Elincia to outdo the devious Wrathful Dazzle map.

And that manakete squad map in nonsense. Yeah, +6/+6 defense dragons with bloated stats in a map filled with defense tiles is totally fair. Thank goodness Divine Naga ignores those defense boosts or I would have had to spend even more stamina potions. I love a challenge, but they we a little overboard with that one.

Also I'm at a 4.25 pity rate on the Myrrh banner and I'm probably going to cry.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
The highest difficulty option maps have always been bull**** in this game

inflated stats is just fake difficulty and I wish that they'd find other ways to make maps hard

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think inflated stats have a purpose. They keep you from juggernauting with a single super unit and force you use actual tactics to defeat your opponents. When its handled well, enemies still have clear weaknesses that can be exploited through good strategy. Humans are smarter than the AI, so it should balance out.

The problem is that the Manakete Squad is so strong in every area that the have no real weakness. Fae has 45 speed for crying out loud - even Lucina can't break her. At least team Wrathful Dazzle has low defense and can be outplayed by hyper offense (brave weapons and dancers are your friends here).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I think inflated stats have a purpose. They keep you from juggernauting with a single super unit and force you use actual tactics to defeat your opponents. When its handled well, enemies still have clear weaknesses that can be exploited through good strategy. Humans are smarter than the AI, so it should balance out.

The problem is that the Manakete Squad is so strong in every area that the have no real weakness. Fae has 45 speed for crying out loud - even Lucina can't break her. At least team Wrathful Dazzle has low defense and can be outplayed by hyper offense (brave weapons and dancers are your friends here).
Debuff/buff, razzle-dazzle, and so on are all very nieche, but nice strategies to solve such problems too.
Also, we can finally spend out revival medallions that are 9/10 times useless.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Debuff/buff, razzle-dazzle, and so on are all very nieche, but nice strategies to solve such problems too.
Also, we can finally spend out revival medallions that are 9/10 times useless.
Debuffs don't really work since they're negated by the enemy buffs. Razzle Dazzle requires you roll Genny or the elusive B!Lyn, although firesweep is kind of accessable.

Still though, I think it's really bad stage since it denies the most basic parts of the game's balance - stat distribution and triangle advantage - as both are negated by grossly inflated stats. You're forced to depend on niche strategies or razzle dazzle cheese rather than find a method that suits your own playstyle.

But I suppose that team was designed by just a single developer as opposed to the entire level design team. It makes sense that it wouldn't be quite as polished.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Debuffs don't really work since they're negated by the enemy buffs. Razzle Dazzle requires you roll Genny or the elusive B!Lyn, although firesweep is kind of accessable.

Still though, I think it's really bad stage since it denies the most basic parts of the game's balance - stat distribution and triangle advantage - as both are negated by grossly inflated stats. You're forced to depend on niche strategies or razzle dazzle cheese rather than find a method that suits your own playstyle.

But I suppose that team was designed by just a single developer as opposed to the entire level design team. It makes sense that it wouldn't be quite as polished.
Razzledazzle doesn't need genny or B!Lyn.

Any healer can just use the dazzling staff refinment with gravity+, and roll savage blow. Or Pain+, if wanted.

As for the buff/debuffs, enemy buffs are nice, but its possible to manipulate the paths the AI will take. And I meant it more on the like of using Rogue/Smoke daggers in addition to the dragonkillers. I for excample used my Masked marth + PA-Olivia (which was using spur-res, and rogue dagger, repositioned her after combat), to make my close def seal masked marth tank and kill some troublemakers.

It's of course not easy for everyone, but eh.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I gave up on trying to get L'Arachel after a random Lukas ruined my pity rate, and so I turned my attention to the Hero Fest banner in hopes of getting another Ike to give Steady Breath to Tiki. Not much luck there either, all I got was a random -Atk Shiro from a session that had no green orb. I guess he can be an inferior Lukas 2.0 or something.

I might just sacrifice my sole Brave Ike to Tiki anyway, since I'm sure there will be opportunities to pull for him again in the future. Meanwhile, Tiki is a permanent member of my Arena team, and Steady Breath+Aether would give me a couple more points. Hm...

I actually kind of liked that map, it was interesting. You're forced to make good use of the terrain, so as to break the formation of the enemies while also making good use of the defensive tiles for yourself. And, if anything, I think having the triangle advantage was more important here than usual.

As LordTakeo LordTakeo pointed out, you can give a Dazzling Staff refine to any healer, and Panic+ is a powerful option here if the buffs are giving trouble. One could also run Arden w/Panic Ploy. Savage Blow is a useful skill and seal for something like this.

I opted mostly for dragon killers and TA, with my team being Masked Marth, Brave Lucina, PA Azura, and Deirdre. I might rerun the map with some other characters just for fun.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Razzledazzle doesn't need genny or B!Lyn.
I'm pretty sure the term "Razzle Dazzle" sprung up because "Razzle" sounds somewhat like "Wrathful". But yeah, the same general strategy works I guess, although its super cheesey.

But my issue isn't that its difficult, just that its difficulty handled poorly, at least in my opinion. I mean, I found my own way to beat it with AI manipulation and drive/hone stacking, but I didn't think figuring it out was all that enjoyable. I'll admit that it was satisfying to finally pull it off, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom