• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member

The Fujin Yumi is going to be one of the day-one weapons that can be buffed, actually. Only the Yato and Brynhildr are going to need it.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a brand new Fujin Yumi, even though it is getting buffed through weapon forging. It needs a new built-in skill that isn't Pass.
Yato and Brynhildr need buffs, preferably Brynhildr more so... the effects from it are so underwhelming that it's not even funny. The Yato can be useful for a Darting Blow set.

Troykv

Smash Master
In my opinion, the banners earlier in the game's lifecycle were bad.
Blazing Shadows and the Alm banner were mediocre in general. I was hesitant on pulling on the Alm banner because of how poor the units were (I will say Lukas is a good unit; he can be scary with Bonfire).
Hahaha... When the best thing about the banner is a unconventional Archer (Faye) and a generic lancer (Lukas).... There is something very wrong here... I'm mean, Alm is the character... and he got demolished so hard xD.

____

What are your exceptations with the Children of Black and White banner?

I would like to see two banners; I expect each one to have: a Kanna, a Prince (Siegbert/Forrest in one, and Shiro/Kiragi in the other) and the popular gal from their respective game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Calling it now, we'll get Ophelia as a blue mage with a unique Missiletainn tome, probably with a killing edge or wo dao effect.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a brand new Fujin Yumi, even though it is getting buffed through weapon forging. It needs a new built-in skill that isn't Pass.
Yato and Brynhildr need buffs, preferably Brynhildr more so... the effects from it are so underwhelming that it's not even funny. The Yato can be useful for a Darting Blow set.
That's exactly what forging would do to it, actually. They showed that if you upgraded Ephraim's Siegmund that one of the options would be to have a built in "brash assault" that works when he's over 90% health instead of under 50%. And this is also while retaining the Hone Attack effect on top of that. Other legendary weapons would probably get similar, powerful effects as well.

Brynhilde actually works really well with allies who carry Draw Back or Reposition....outside of the Arena or turn-limited maps. Its uses are super situational, but they are there. I only managed to win the Legion GHB on infernal because of Brynhilde shenanigans. Not that I'd complain about it getting a new ability on top of that, since Leo is one of my favorite units.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hahaha... When the best thing about the banner is a unconventional Archer (Faye) and a generic lancer (Lukas).... There is something very wrong here... I'm mean, Alm is the character... and he got demolished so hard xD.
Faye was either the worst unit or the second worst unit on the banner... she competes with Clair real hard for that "honor."
Her stats don't complement with her kit at all and she is only good for Skill Inheritance. However, I don't see Firesweep Bow as much as Brave Bow... probably because the latter is simply better and getting Faye is hard. If I get her, I would sac her to Takumi.
Alm though... good god, his stats are mediocre and he doesn't benefit much from Windsweep. Windsweep is a pretty mediocre and situational skill, especially when you can't do any follow-ups. The best set for him with Windsweep is a Brave Sword/Death Blow set with Phantom Speed; I plan on making this set for him eventually to make him more viable, but he isn't replacing any of my sword units.
Lukas is pretty good and I find him to be underrated. I have a +Attack/-Speed Lukas (who was the first to kill my pity percent for summer Robin... *grumble grumble*) and he's pretty reliable and he is a monster with Bonfire.

That's exactly what forging would do to it, actually. They showed that if you upgraded Ephraim's Siegmund that one of the options would be to have a built in "brash assault" that works when he's over 90% health instead of under 50%. And this is also while retaining the Hone Attack effect on top of that. Other legendary weapons would probably get similar, powerful effects as well.
Hopefully the skills we can get for the Fujin Yumi will be good. I want something to justify using it over a Brave Bow, but I doubt we will see something with a Brave effect to it. I'll wait and see what the best skill would be for the Fujin Yumi.

Brynhilde actually works really well with allies who carry Draw Back or Reposition....outside of the Arena or turn-limited maps. Its uses are super situational, but they are there. I only managed to win the Legion GHB on infernal because of Brynhilde shenanigans. Not that I'd complain about it getting a new ability on top of that, since Leo is one of my favorite units.
I would love to use Leo on my teams and he's one of my favorite characters in Fates, but he comes across as mediocre. I remember that he was really hard to train when I first got him and I don't use him on my Horse Emblem teams... but he is a good candidate with Raurblade from what I've heard.
Oddly enough, Leo's stats are pretty similar to Reinhardt's. If they somehow give Brynhildr a brave effect like Dire Thunder, I bet Leo would be just as oppressive as Rein. I hope that day never comes, but it's interesting to think about.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Alm though... good god, his stats are mediocre
Well, now he is, but back then, i think he was one of the better sword users out there tbh. He was on my main team for a while. Then i got B!Roy. Then i got Black Knight. Then i got Ayra. Yeah, Alm pretty much fell behind when i got Black Knight and Ayra was the final nail in his coffin.

Nah

Smash Champion
whoa, new banner for the upcoming Tempest Trial is the CYL units

I didn't think they'd be focus units for a quite while really

Troykv

Smash Master
Faye was either the worst unit or the second worst unit on the banner... she competes with Clair real hard for that "honor."
Her stats don't complement with her kit at all and she is only good for Skill Inheritance. However, I don't see Firesweep Bow as much as Brave Bow... probably because the latter is simply better and getting Faye is hard. If I get her, I would sac her to Takumi.
Alm though... good god, his stats are mediocre and he doesn't benefit much from Windsweep. Windsweep is a pretty mediocre and situational skill, especially when you can't do any follow-ups. The best set for him with Windsweep is a Brave Sword/Death Blow set with Phantom Speed; I plan on making this set for him eventually to make him more viable, but he isn't replacing any of my sword units.
Lukas is pretty good and I find him to be underrated. I have a +Attack/-Speed Lukas (who was the first to kill my pity percent for summer Robin... *grumble grumble*) and he's pretty reliable and he is a monster with Bonfire.

Hopefully the skills we can get for the Fujin Yumi will be good. I want something to justify using it over a Brave Bow, but I doubt we will see something with a Brave effect to it. I'll wait and see what the best skill would be for the Fujin Yumi.

I would love to use Leo on my teams and he's one of my favorite characters in Fates, but he comes across as mediocre. I remember that he was really hard to train when I first got him and I don't use him on my Horse Emblem teams... but he is a good candidate with Raurblade from what I've heard.
Oddly enough, Leo's stats are pretty similar to Reinhardt's. If they somehow give Brynhildr a brave effect like Dire Thunder, I bet Leo would be just as oppressive as Rein. I hope that day never comes, but it's interesting to think about.
As a unit Faye wasn't exactly great (personally I find her more useful that Alm and Clair)... but she had the best skill set in the banner (not exactly the best for her stats, but you can do funny things with it, or give to a unit that can use it better... like of course, the S+ Goddess Brave Lyn).

Skill set wise:

Faye (The second best bow in the game, and access to the Level 3 version of WoM; Noontine it would become handy in the future updates) > Alm/Lukas (it depends of how much you values Draconic Aura/Windsweep compared with Fortress Def/SacredCowl/PotentialSlayingLance) > Clair (Dissapointment, the character... the most useful think about her is a coward version of Drag Back)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, I'll admit I mostly use him out of favoritism. I haven't inherited a blade tome onto him, but it sounds pretty good in theory. With +30 damage from horse boost alongside his built in QR, he should be able to kill most enemies so long as they initiate the attack. His low speed means he'll be taking a lot of damage in return though, so he'd still be pretty risky. Not to mention that he'd still be weak on player phase. But at least he's also got a total monopoly on red horse mages, so he doesn't have to compete with some faster red tome for his niche. Raventomes are also good since he has fairly decent defense for a mage, although he has to compete green raventome users since they beat both Bow Lyn and Reinhardt. I haven't tried either of those sets yet, though, since equipping anything but Brynhilde feels wrong.

He's apparently really good as a defensive unit with full horse buffs. Brynhilde could be pretty good with a close-counter effect, especially since he's got Quick Riposte built into his native kit. It'd also leave his a-slot open for a skill like close defense, steady stance or some budget alternative. Then slap Distant Defense on as his sacred seal and he'll be a alright unit without horse buffs and a great one with them.

I don't think a Dire Brynhilde would be quite as nasty as Dire Thunder. Sure, he's got similar stats to Rein, but literally the only stat Rein cares about is attack. Leo has 29 attack, which is 3 less then Rein's 32. That doesn't sound like much, but that's a difference of 6 damage which could be the difference between a OHKO. It would still be toxic, especially in conjunction with Rein and Bow Lyn, but it would be at least slightly more manageable.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I rather find this quite satisfying:

Brave Roy.png

An unbuffed Atk stat of 60 is pretty crazy! He officially has the highest attack in my army. The Atk+3 seal won't be staying on him, since other people actually need it, but it's fun to see someone's Atk get that high.

Calling it now, we'll get Ophelia as a blue mage with a unique Missiletainn tome, probably with a killing edge or wo dao effect.
While I want Ophelia to be in the game, I'm sort of hoping I can save up some orbs lol. I'm fully expecting Kana to be in there, wielding a dragonstone, and probably Seigbert and/or Shiro.

I've definitely found Faye to be more useful than Clair. She actually has a niche role of being a good chipper/debuffer for me, and is perhaps one of the best in the game. This makes her pretty useful to have tag along for training, since she can soften up enemies pretty easily without killing them, and her bulkiness keeps her safe on training runs. And any archer with the Firesweep Bow is pretty useful to have on hand for Arena Assault, since they're good at kiting. So my Faye actually sees a decent amount of use.

Clair, on the other hand, struggles quite a bit more to make herself useful. While, as a flier, she has access to nice class buffs, there are a lot of blue fliers, and most of them are better than her. Her stat spread nearly replicates that of Caeda's, so she requires a significant amount of investment to come out decently.

I also pulled a +Atk/-Spd Lukas, and he's really quite good, definitely underrated. I really like his exceptional defenses.

chick fil a

Smash Cadet
NNID
doritoslocosn64
3DS FC
4957-5737-4686
decided what to do with the spare, bad iv mia:

the other +spd -def mia will be on my horse emblem team for the upcoming tempest trials

Astellius

Smash Ace
decided what to do with the spare, bad iv mia:

the other +spd -def mia will be on my horse emblem team for the upcoming tempest trials
Felicia really should benefit from Flashing Blade, since she's quite fast and relies on her special for dealing damage. I like seeing builds like these. I lucked out and pulled another Mia myself (my first is +HP/-Spd, and the second is +Res/-HP), so I'm debating whether I want to merge them or have Fir inherit Flashing Blade. It also doesn't help that I'm sort of undecided which nature I prefer.

D

Deleted member

Even after the Genealogy Tempest Trial is over, Arvis is a god in Tempest Trials and you should invest in him for this mode.
His Ploy skills weaken distant enemies and Recover Ring makes him one of the best off-healers in the game, if not the best. He also doesn't require a lot of investment; all he needs is Iceberg/Draconic Aura, Fury, and Ardent Sacrifice.

I'm focusing on the Lunatic stage with 5 maps to get it done more quickly. I don't always use Auto-Battle though... sometimes the AI is dumb as rocks; Brave Lyn was in position to OHKO Elincia, didn't fight Elincia, and then Lyn died the next turn.

I've definitely found Faye to be more useful than Clair. She actually has a niche role of being a good chipper/debuffer for me, and is perhaps one of the best in the game. This makes her pretty useful to have tag along for training, since she can soften up enemies pretty easily without killing them, and her bulkiness keeps her safe on training runs. And any archer with the Firesweep Bow is pretty useful to have on hand for Arena Assault, since they're good at kiting. So my Faye actually sees a decent amount of use.
When you put it that way, Faye is a bit more useful than I thought. While I still think that others would benefit from Firesweep Bow more than her, being able to chip enemies in Training Tower is very useful. If I get her, I won't sac her to Takumi for this reason because I have units that I want to train, but they struggle to get the KO.

I also pulled a +Atk/-Spd Lukas, and he's really quite good, definitely underrated. I really like his exceptional defenses.
He's pretty much an armored unit with 2 movement. While mages can sneeze in his direction and he'll fall, he is still a monster with Bonfire.
If I get QR3 fodder, he'll be my second choice (my first will be Xander) and I will definitely upgrade his Killing Lance to a Slaying Lance.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
*checks Tempest Trial rewards* Ooooh, that's a nice Close Defense Seal i spot there. Help me out. Who should i give it to? I'm thinking about giving it to Fjorm when she comes out.

This next bit isn't Fire Emblem related.....but it does involve Yuskue Kozaki, the artist behind Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates, as well as the artist behind the Askr Trio. Turns out, Yuskue Kozaki designed two Rare Blades in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Their names are Wadatsumi and Agate (Japanese names, most likely changed in the localized versions).

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really glad I didn't fodder off my -Attack Bow Lyn or -Attack Brave Boy. Even if I don't use them normally (mainly because I don't like being forced to depend on horse buffs), they are really kicking tail in this Tempest Trial. My free hero was Lucy, by the way, so she's buffing them up and making them even more ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

The units I'm using for the Tempest are Lute, Arvis, Brave Lyn, and Reinhardt. Lute, Brave Lyn, and Reinhardt are pretty much my frontline offensive units while Arvis supports with his Ploys (which is VERY useful against Brave Ike) and Ardent Sacrifice.
Lute is an absolute monster here. Her increased stats with Summoner Support, Fury, and the stat bonus makes her more of an offensive magic check than before (also keep in mind her IVs are +Res/-Def, which I personally think is optimal for her).

*checks Tempest Trial rewards* Ooooh, that's a nice Close Defense Seal i spot there. Help me out. Who should i give it to? I'm thinking about giving it to Fjorm when she comes out.
I would mainly give it to a unit with a lot of physical defense, such as Hector for example.
One set that's possible to do with Sigurd is replace Close Defense with Steady Breath and give him Close Defense or Distant Defense Sacred Seal. He will miss out on one Defense seal, but his already impressive defenses will increase in the enemy phase and you can charge Bonfire or Draconic Aura quicker.

I'm really glad I didn't fodder off my -Attack Bow Lyn or -Attack Brave Boy. Even if I don't use them normally (mainly because I don't like being forced to depend on horse buffs), they are really kicking tail in this Tempest Trial. My free hero was Lucy, by the way, so she's buffing them up and making them even more ridiculous.
Those IVs... ouch...
At least the bonuses and Brave Lucina help out immensely to increase their stats. If you plan on summoning on the 8% banner, I do hope you get a Brave Lyn with better IVs.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Does anyone know good sacred seals for BK, Delthea and P!Azura? Quickened Pulse is not an option since I decided to give that to my B!Ike.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Speaking of Close Def, Joshua gets that as an A skill, so one could always sacrifice one of him to get a character that too.

Also speaking of other things in this thread, anybody got any ideas for builds for Felicia? chick fil a's Flashing Blade thing is really cool and all, but I don't have a spare Mia to sacrifice for that. Kind of been wanting to do something with her for a while now.

Does anyone know good sacred seals for BK, Delthea and P!Azura? Quickened Pulse is not an option since 8 decides to give that to my B!Ike.
Distant Defense is a good sacred seal for the Black Knight. Works nicely with Steady Stance and Alondite's built-in DC to help him handle more kinds of units on enemy phase.

....it's what I use anyway at least, maybe people have better suggestions.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Does anyone know good sacred seals for BK, Delthea and P!Azura? Quickened Pulse is not an option since I decided to give that to my B!Ike.
Delthea would love that fancy new Hone Speed Seal to match her unique tome. That way, she can give give her allies both +6 attack and +4 speed at the same time.

I give my BK panic ploy because he's a part of my main arena team and I hate horse teams, although Distant Defense works really well like Nah suggested.

P!Azura has enough resistance to run the Attack Ploy fairly well. If not, her seal is pretty flexible since she's mainly a support unit who relies on Triangle Adept for actual combat.

Astellius

Smash Ace
He's pretty much an armored unit with 2 movement. While mages can sneeze in his direction and he'll fall, he is still a monster with Bonfire.
If I get QR3 fodder, he'll be my second choice (my first will be Xander) and I will definitely upgrade his Killing Lance to a Slaying Lance.
Yeah, it'll be nice to give him a Slaying Lance when the weapon upgrades come out. He actually has better defenses than most of my actual armor units.

For BK, I would say go with Distant Def or Panic Ploy; Delthea, +Atk, +Spd, or Atk Ploy (assuming she's not running LnD); and PA Azura would enjoy one of the spur seals.

Also speaking of other things in this thread, anybody got any ideas for builds for Felicia? chick fil a's Flashing Blade thing is really cool and all, but I don't have a spare Mia to sacrifice for that. Kind of been wanting to do something with her for a while now.
Depends on how much you want to invest in her, and what you want to use her for. I plan on eventually giving her an infantry mage killer build, with a Poison Dagger+ as her weapon, either Fury 2/3 or Atk+3 in the A-slot and Vantage in the B-slot. I'm going the 4*+10 route, and she's up to 8 merges so far, so I'll probably try to do this sometime soon! With this, she should be pretty decent at tanking and one-shotting infantry mages, and Vantage let's her deal with infantry archers better (or multiple mages). Ardent Sacrifice will be her Assist, which pairs well with Vantage.

An easier build to make would be a debuffer using most of her native skills. Her Silver Dagger inflicts a debuff on Def and Res, so if you give her Seal Spd or Atk in the B-slot, she'd be debuffing 3 stats at once. She can run the stat ploy skills well, and the Atk Smoke seal would be pretty good for her. Iceberg would probably be the skill of choice on her, and Res+3 is fine for the A-slot, since it helps her tank magic better.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I am a traveling warrior looking for my Smash 4 main(s). As a part of my journey, I will be visiting all the character’s social threads who I think I might main. So, hi! To add some substance to my post, what do you think about character socials? I think they are a great way to talk with fellow people who play the character and learn more about the character as well as being able to chill and talk about stuff irl.

:luigi:Hope to talk with you again!

D

Deleted member

Black Knight: As a unit with Distant Counter built into his weapon, Distant Defense is amazing on him. It helps him check units even more and it helps him with his poor Res.
Delthea: Since she is around units with axes and a sword, you should use Fortify Defense or Resistance or the newly released Hone Speed. If you give Delthea Hone Speed as her slot C skill, then Fortify Def or Res; she'll heal 3 stats at once!
PA!Azura: I would give her Attack Ploy as her Res is rather high, but I only recommend it if she isn't -Res. If you plan on her to fight some enemies, then Breath of Life is also a decent option for her.

To add some substance to my post, what do you think about character socials? I think they are a great way to talk with fellow people who play the character and learn more about the character as well as being able to chill and talk about stuff irl.
I think they're a great way to relax and talk with people.
I'm glad I am able to talk about something that isn't Smash, especially when I don't play Smash 4 anymore.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Okay so let's see here. What I have on my four right now.

Brave Ike: Neutral IV l Summoner Support l S-ranked to Delthea
Urvan l Swap (waiting to replace with Reposition) l Aether l Steady Breath l Beorc's Blessing l Threaten Def 3 l Quickened Pulse

Performing Azura: +DEF and -HP l S-ranked to Black Knight
Uror l Sing l Moonbow l Triangle Adept 3 l Wings of Mercy 3 l Drive Res 2 l Atk Ploy

Black Knight: Neutral IV l S-ranked to Performing Azura
Alondite l Pivot l Black Luna l Steady Stance 3 l Wings of Mercy l N/A C-skill (I don't actually know what I should give BK for in this. I heard any Threaten skills is good. Panic Ploy too.) l Distant Def 2

Delthea: +SPD and -HP l S-ranked to Brave Ike
Dark Aura l N/A (will fill in for Reposition) l Miracle (heard either Draconic Aura or Moonbow is good) l Death Blow 3 l N/A B-skills (waiting to find Desperation fodder) l Drive Atk 2 l Spur Spd 2

Recommendations for Sacred Seals
Performing Azura: Atk Ploy l Any Spur Seals l Breath of Life
Black Knight: Distant Def l Panic Ploy
Delthea: Hone Speed l Attack +1 l Speed +1

Alright thanks guys. Much appreciated for the tips and advice. :)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
After getting my pity rate all the way up to 5%, I dropped some money on the Halloween banner and rolled both a H!Sakura and H!Nowi. They're both minus attack though, which is a huge shame. While I understand why we can't all be guaranteed optimal IVs, I do really wish there was a way to at least neutralize them.

The longer I play this game, the looser and looser my wallet feels. I'm worried I'm slowly tumbling down a slippery slope. I only ever spend a little bit maybe once a month, but it adds up. I don't have a real problem, but I think I'm going to have to commit to going back to F2P for good.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I got surprised these days when I was looking my past transactions and saw that I haven't spent a dime with this game since August.... I'm almost proud with myself.
But I still haven't got any unit I want since more or less that same moment too.... Brave Lyn was the last one back in the first Brave focus. Gacha games are tough. And seasonal units are the bane of the whole game....
I still want my Nohr Azura.

No, that is it, I don't know why people are so starving for a trade feature in Pokémon Go, it ain't that necessary there, we need trading in FEH right now....

Last edited:

chick fil a

Smash Cadet
NNID
doritoslocosn64
3DS FC
4957-5737-4686

one more hoshidan!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New Heroes trailer has been released for Fjorm, the new Heroes character.

Seems like she's got potential. Her lance has a built in Distant Counter for one.

The new banner featuring her and a bunch of returning, popular 5-star units begins tomorrow.

Astellius

Smash Ace
The new update is up and Book II is now available, as is the Rite of Blades! This looks good! It's a little earlier than expected, since this came out prior to the daily change! I was waiting for the maintenance to be finished in order to do a few more Tempest runs before going to bed, but it looks like it's all up now. So much for sleep!

Also, last week, I cracked 4900 points in the Arena, and said I would fish to stay in Tier 20 this week. The result...?

This is my highest score in the Arena, by far! The first six matches were run with Tiki (+5), Cecilia (4*+10), BK, and Mia, and, for the last match, I swapped out BK for Reinhardt (+2).

And here it is...

I managed to stay in Tier 20! What a way to finish with Book I! While I don't expect to stay here, it's great to achieve this at least once as a F2P player! =D

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Another new thing worth mentioning about the new Heroes update is that it confirms who the character for the Fates children banner will be:

Shiro, Rhajat, Siegbert, and Soleil

I am beyond happy that my boy Shiro made it into Heroes! He is my favorite Fates child, so I'm definitely looking forward to saving up orbs and summoning him if I can.

For those that want to see the four characters' stats, you can check them out in this link here. To see what those skills do, click on this link here.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No Ophelia? Well that's surprising.

Weapon forging makes a lot of fixes to under powered units. You can use it to slap a Wrathful or Dazzling Staff effect on a healer's weapon, for instance. It also looks like daggers get a huge boost in might as well as having a new AoE debuff. Now healers are the better debuffers of the two if you go for the Dazzling Staff power up, but Daggers finally have solid combat capability to make up for that.

Anyway, I decided I'd do one full summon from the new Legendary Heroes banner before going back to sniping for Lute, and I managed to get my most wanted character from the ones available - Celica. She's -Att/+Speed, which is basically as good as having a neutral one IMO, if not even slightly better as speed is arguably the more important stat of the two.

Edit: Turns out we've got boosted BSTs on the children units to. I'm getting really, really sick of this BST powercreep.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Interesting how the new Chapter gives us an insight on the next banner. I do hope that Soleil will get demoted to 4 stars because a lot of units, like Hana for example, will benefit from Firesweep Sword.
Siegbert is the most ridiculous unit of the bunch in my opinion. His sword has innate Swift Sparrow 2, which can stack with Death Blow or Swift Sparrow.
I won't be summoning from the child banner as none of the units interest me personally, but these will be some powerful ones... I am getting sick of the powercreep. :/

Also, if you beat Chapter 1 of Book 2, you will get a free neutral Fjorm that way. I managed to summon one, but she'll be merged with the neutral one.
...And I sadly summoned Bunny Camilla too. :/

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Soleil's in the game and i'm in incredibly happy. Of course, Seigbert just had to be Red as well so he's got a chance of spooking Soleil away. Shiro's nice. I prefer him over Siegbert but Soleil takes priority. Rhajat is a pile of ****. I don't care how good her stats are, i'm not pulling her.

I pulled from the new Legendary Banner. And i got.....a 3* Star Olivia. Welp, i'm not pulling from that banner again. Gotta save up for Soleil.

Edit: That also means i have to hold off on pulling Mia.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
so basically Siegbert gets +10 attack when initiating, and then they give Soleil a Firesweep weapon+Darting Blow? edit: wait i'm stupid, you can double with firesweep weapons
....definitely makes sense. I wasn't sure who to expect for the Fates children banner, but in retrospect, Rhajat makes sense, given Tharja's apparent popularity.

And there's all this nice stuff to summon too, CYL banner, Legendary banner.....kind of want to roll for Soleil. I don't got the orbs for all that though. Oh well, at least Fjorm's free.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Turns out we've got boosted BSTs on the children units to. I'm getting really, really sick of this BST powercreep.
I'm gonna give it a pass this one time because it could be justified in how the Children units would end up a bit stronger than their parents. But yeah, this BST powercreep needs to stop.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I got my pity rate up quite a bit and have a banner with 8% Focus chance where only 3 5* colorless characters can possibly be summoned, perfect to farm Brave Lyns, I wonder what lady luck has for me in my first pull....
*Two pulls later*.... sh*t, no colorless stone, hopefully I don't get a 5*.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Good news is, book II is looking neat, and they upped the fan service game with Loki, so I am not complaining about that.
But garshdanit, I am the kind of guy who would get struck by a thunder. Twice.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm gonna give it a pass this one time because it could be justified in how the Children units would end up a bit stronger than their parents. But yeah, this BST powercreep needs to stop.
Lucina doesn't have a boosted BST. Heck, Brave Lucina and Brave Roy don't. They're just doing it because the CYL taught them that powercreep is easy money. That's why it's been so consistent these past few banners.

The weapon forge is nice and helps me forgive weapon power creep in the weapons department (I'll bet when the Yato gets an upgrade it'll be even better than Siegbert's sword, if the current upgrades have taught us anything), but I don't see how they're going to patch up units that have been outclassed statwise, especially poor folks like Lon'qu who don't even have their own prf weapon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OK everyone, I need some help to make a decision.
My current Deirdre is +HP/-Speed. It sounds bad on paper, but she gets the job done. I just recently summoned a Deirdre with +Attack/-Res IVs...
My question is, should I make the new Deirdre my new one or should I give Speed Ploy to Arvis or Lute?
I run a Furynewal set, if that helps.

Lucina doesn't have a boosted BST. Heck, Brave Lucina and Brave Roy don't. They're just doing it because the CYL taught them that powercreep is easy money. That's why it's been so consistent these past few banners.

The weapon forge is nice and helps me forgive weapon power creep in the weapons department (I'll bet when the Yato gets an upgrade it'll be even better than Siegbert's sword, if the current upgrades have taught us anything), but I don't see how they're going to patch up units that have been outclassed statwise, especially poor folks like Lon'qu who don't even have their own prf weapon.
I am annoyed by the Power Creep too. I don't want to use the whole child units thing as an excuse... these units are clearly powerful and it hurts.
I feel like things started to shift after Hero Fest 1 and the Ike banner, where they realized that people want meta-defining and powerful units. As a result, we've been getting some banners with powerful units like Celica, Bridelia, Delthea, Sonya, among others.
However, the Genealogy banners wreaked of power creep and it made me concerned with the shift to what IS is going for now.

chick fil a

Smash Cadet
NNID
doritoslocosn64
3DS FC
4957-5737-4686
i upgraded every current hoshidan unit to 5*! now it’s time to build the ones that haven’t been yet, starting with hinata:

also, once again if any of you would like to be friends on heroes, here’s my fc!:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Now that my initial excitement is over, I'm really, really sad that Brynhilde didn't get a boost. You'd think that it'd be a higher priority then the already solid Hauteclere when Leo is an underwhelming unit to begin with, but I was patient. But that new Gravity+ staff's AoE....combine that with the Dazzling Staff upgrade and now, in comparison, Leo doesn't even do gravity shenanigans that well anymore.

On the other hand, healers are so fun to use now. My +Att/-Res Sakura is actually really good now and I didn't even have to sacrifice my Genny for that.
I am annoyed by the Power Creep too. I don't want to use the whole child units thing as an excuse... these units are clearly powerful and it hurts.
I feel like things started to shift after Hero Fest 1 and the Ike banner, where they realized that people want meta-defining and powerful units. As a result, we've been getting some banners with powerful units like Celica, Bridelia, Delthea, Sonya, among others.
However, the Genealogy banners wreaked of power creep and it made me concerned with the shift to what IS is going for now.
The problem here is that characters like Celica, while extremely powerful, are still balanced. Celica has an extremely powerful prf weapon, but the new weapon refinery keeps other mages from being outclassed as her statspread is actually balanced. It's the same with these others - they're powerful, and generally better then most units in their class, but their balanced BSTs keep them from shutting down all other possible niches.

Shiro and Siegbert have powerful new weapons as well, and you know what? I think that's actually fine. Again, weapon refinery gives us a good reason to use old favorites over them while also not undermining what makes them good. But their inflated BSTs are totally unnecessary. Shiro has nearly identical stats to Donnel, and can now run any build ol' Donny has just as well and he has a very good prf weapon on top of that. Villager BST is the one thing that made Donnel unique, but now he's lost that. Weapon refinery isn't going to solve that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom