• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well...
Just don't insult each other. Don't insult Shanna for winning and don't insult Takumi for losing. I hate Voting Gauntlets for the amount of salt and bickering that goes around.
This thread is usually really civil, thankfully. It's part of why I keep coming back here. It feels like one of the only corners of the FE fanbase where everyone isn't always at each other's necks.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
But amidst this division, the fanart has started, and already, we have a very sweet image of the two:

The two really did give it their all indeed. Now, they deserve some good rest.
Well isn’t that nice. Wish the fanbase was like that after a voting gauntlet...but alas, that’s just wishful thinking.

chick fil a

Smash Cadet
NNID
doritoslocosn64
3DS FC
4957-5737-4686
my hoshidan team is almost complete (need a few skills, feathers, etc)

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
For this gauntlet I went Soren -> Shanna. Needless to say, it was quite the wild ride. I hope future gauntlets continue the trend of silly premises.

For bonus hilarity, I got 5* Shanna as a free unit. She's HP+ Speed-, because why not?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Hello, this is you're friendly neighborhood Armagon and today i learned that Pikachu talks in the new movie. A friend sends me this on Discord...
...and I don't know whether to feel amazed or upset. My entire world has been shattered.

Nah

Smash Champion
man that is weird

have to wonder why after like 20 years they decided to let Pikachu speak

D

Deleted member

Just a reminder to everyone that 7:30 Pacific/10:30 Eastern tonight is Feh Channel.
I hope that Nintendo learned from the criticisms for the month of October, which I think was the roughest month for Heroes (no roadmap and the Ayra fiasco left us in the dark for a while).
What I think will happen is:
-A new banner is announced, most likely Radiant Dawn related.
-A new Grand Hero Battle unit is announced. They might announce Michalis is coming back (he was datamined), but hopefully we get word on the more requested Grand Hero Revivals, like Xander and Camus.
-A new Tempest Trial is announced. I'm unsure which game it would be for, however.
-Hero Fest 3 is coming soon.

One announcement that I am desperately hoping for and it's a reshuffling of the summoning pool where many units get demoted to 3-4 stars.
I know that gacha games rely a lot on luck from your pulls, but it's a crying shame that we build up this pity percent and end up with terrible 5 stars. The fact the 3 star pull hasn't changed is also terrible, as some of the 3 stars have nothing for skill inheritance.
The units that desperately need demotion, in my opinion, are Caeda, Cain, male Corrin, Karel, Ogma, Seliph, Abel, Clair, Mathilda, Peri, Camilla, Hawkeye, Sheena, Boey, Merric, Faye, Rebecca, Jakob, Lachesis, Lucius, Maria, and Mist.
These units are either terrible (some units like Rebecca were mediocre from the get-go) or have essentially been replaced by much better units.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
-A new banner is announced, most likely Radiant Dawn related.
I could also see a Binding Blade banner since, not counting GHBs, the only new Binding Blade character we've gotten since launch was Klein.

A new Tempest Trial is announced. I'm unsure which game it would be for, however.
I could see Genealogy Gen 2 but that'll be dependent on what the next banner is.
One announcement that I am desperately hoping for and it's a reshuffling of the summoning pool where many units get demoted to 3-4 stars.
Agreed.
Really hoping Azura gets demoted. It's been months and i still don't have her.

The units that desperately need demotion, in my opinion, are Caeda, Cain, male Corrin, Karel, Ogma, Seliph, Abel, Clair, Mathilda, Peri, Camilla, Hawkeye, Sheena, Boey, Merric, Faye, Rebecca, Jakob, Lachesis, Lucius, Maria, and Mist.
Karel and Faye in particular are 5-Star exclusive, so they should definitely be demoted. Especially since 4-Star versions of the Wo Dao and Firesweep Bow exist (i think).

Is Male Corrin also 5-Star exclusive?

D

Deleted member

Really hoping Azura gets demoted. It's been months and i still don't have her.
I doubt Azura will ever get demoted. She's very popular... I would be shocked if they demoted her to 4 stars.

Karel and Faye in particular are 5-Star exclusive, so they should definitely be demoted. Especially since 4-Star versions of the Wo Dao and Firesweep Bow exist (i think).

Is Male Corrin also 5-Star exclusive?
There isn't a 4 star version of Firesweep Bow, but there is a 4 star version of Firesweep Lance with Roderick. Faye is just an... OK unit, but she doesn't benefit from Firesweep Bow; faster characters with Life & Death would appreciate it more than Faye.

Male Corrin is a 4-5 star unit. He's an OK unit with his own niche (giving him Darting Blow and Desperation with Yato is devastating), but I feel like he shouldn't be a 5 star.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
I doubt Azura will ever get demoted. She's very popular... I would be shocked if they demoted her to 4 stars.

There isn't a 4 star version of Firesweep Bow, but there is a 4 star version of Firesweep Lance with Roderick. Faye is just an... OK unit, but she doesn't benefit from Firesweep Bow; faster characters with Life & Death would appreciate it more than Faye.

Male Corrin is a 4-5 star unit. He's an OK unit with his own niche (giving him Darting Blow and Desperation with Yato is devastating), but I feel like he shouldn't be a 5 star.
With the kind of bulk Faye has... she would have liked more a Slaying Bow... The Alm banner was a weird one, filled with strange skills in meh units.

D

Deleted member

With the kind of bulk Faye has... she would have liked more a Slaying Bow... The Alm banner was a weird one, filled with strange skills in meh units.
In my opinion, the banners earlier in the game's lifecycle were bad.
Blazing Shadows and the Alm banner were mediocre in general. I was hesitant on pulling on the Alm banner because of how poor the units were (I will say Lukas is a good unit; he can be scary with Bonfire).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Joshua being free is cool. I want him. I also want Mia. She's so cute. Mia, come home.
Fjorm looks amazing and that cutscene was the most anime thing Fire Emblem has done. Fjorm being free and Joshua being free saves my Orbs so i can spend them on Mia.

Hello Sutor. Saw you in Thor: Ragnarok. Now you're in Heroes. No, that's not a spoiler, he appears in the trailers and also the first 5 minutes of the movie.

STAFF BUFF! WEAPON FORGING! SKILL COOLDOWN BUFF! WHAT IS COMPETITIVE? WHAT IS BALANCED GAMEPLAY?

I'm really excited.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
The OG artist Soeda Ippei comes through in the stream and blesses us with another piece of his work: Dorcas.

Man looks amazing. Seriously, Ippei is my favorite artist for FE Heroes as of now.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts on the broadcast from another social I'm a part of:

That was a really good Heroes broadcast.

Lute and Joshua are among my favorite Sacred Stones characters, especially the latter, so I'm glad they're finally getting their chance to shine in Heroes. The latter being a Tempest Trials reward is cool too. Hope he has some solid skills and stats.

With Joshua in Heroes now, the only Sacred Stones character that I really want in the game at this point is Forde, but I guess I'll have to wait for now.

Looks like they're trying to make those spread-damage abilities more useful by lowering their cooldown, but I'm not sure if they'll still see use.

That weapon refinery mode looks cool. The fact it makes weapons stronger and can boost a unit's stats is solid, and I can already tell it will change the meta into some interesting ways. The cost to upgrade the weapons is quite expensive though. Hopefully, arena mode will provide a good amount of those necessary materials.

Also, my boy Takumi is among the units that can get a legendary weapon upgrade! That's awesome! Perhaps this will be his chance to reclaim the meta spotlight!

The most hype part of the broadcast for me was the Book II trailer. I always liked the Awakening and Fates cutscene style, and here, IS really brought it to full effect. That was EPIC!

Fjorm looks cool and pretty, and I'm happy she'll be a free summon. Here's hoping she will turn out to be an intriguing character to enjoy. Sutor kinda gives me Lu Bu from Fate/Extra vibes. The other two new characters look solid as well. I'm curious to see how will Veronica factor into this part of the story, though I wonder if we'll see the Book I story with Loki resolved before Book II comes out or they will save that for a far out future update (Loki seems like final boss material for some point in the story).

Also, was I the only one reminded of Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon at this point in the Book II trailer?

I mean, Fjorm summoned those ice crystals Gate of Babylon-style, wouldn't you say?

Now I want to see a battle between Fjorm and Gilgamesh from the Fate series.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for some additional details, we now know the names of the other two new characters shown in the trailer. The woman wielding that flaming-sword is named Reyvatein, while the big-chest woman is named Loki. Yes, that is the same Loki that was shapeshifting as Anna up to this point in the story.

Here's Loki's official art:

Here's Reyvatein's official art:

And here's Surtr's official art:

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Well, so much for trying to summon Neko Sakura or Witch Nowi, my orbs are going towards Mia! I have ~30, which isn't that much, but much better than nothing. She's one of the characters I've been looking forward to the most, she was the MVP for me in the Tellius games.

The weapon forge looks interesting as does Book II. I'm glad staff-wielders are getting an upgrade too. All of it looks intriguing, really. Wonder how it will play out! Will all this stuff radically alter the meta?

The cutscene was also really, nice, and Fjorm looks awesome. All in all, I'm quite excited about all this. Quite glad they're keeping up with creating good content.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Nintendo released a trailer for the upcoming CYL banner:

Hector, I think you have some serious competition for the new best axe-user in the game, because dear lord does Dorcas look like a monster with those skills!

Astellius

Smash Ace
Stayed up to throw my orbs at red summons in hopes of getting Mia, I really, really want her. The result?

Roy.png

Huh! Roy, this is the wrong CYL banner! But it's nice to have him. That leaves Ike left for my CYL collection. Going to go farm some orbs and try again. The red orbs have been pretty nice to me lately, I'm surprised. Hopefully they'll be nice enough to give me Mia!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Holy mother of the Magikarp, these announcements blew me out of the water. A universal buff to staff weilders? Weapon upgrades? Lute and Dorcas (and a free Joshua)? I'm still upset about inflated stats, but at least Lon'qu can outspeed Ayra again.

The only thing I'm upset about is that the Lute banner overlaps with the Halloween one. Stupid seasonal units.

Astellius

Smash Ace
After running through the new paralogue, I had enough orbs to try another summon, and....

Mia.png

Mia!! You came home!!!!!!! Those red orbs really have been giving me amazing luck!

D

Deleted member

Damn, there was a lot that was announced last night. Weapon upgrades, healer buffs, and progression in the story? Nice!
But what I am the most focused on are the units. They are all amazing with their special niches; Mia will be an amazing duelist, Lute will be an amazing Ploy user and will be synergetic with Arvis and Sonya, and Dorcas has a lot of crazy skills. Joshua is also pretty impressive and definitely a good Tempest Trial reward.
Out of these units, I want Lute the most and then Mia. Lute is pretty much my favorite non-story unit and my fourth favorite Fire Emblem character (behind Takumi, Ike, and Robin) and was my MVP in Sacred Stones. Mia, on the other hand, is doing very nice work in my PoR playthrough and is a very reliable unit for me. And... well...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I got them!
I don't care for Dorcas. Even if he is a legendary FE meme, he was legendarily on the bench in FE7 for me. :p He'll be a monster though, but but his res is pathetic; my Rein was able to wipe the floor with him.
I wish everyone luck!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Sutor kinda gives me Lu Bu from Fate/Extra vibes.
I should actually watch Fate so i can understand this Sutor reminded me of Ganondorf. He's got the general face shape. And the hair color. And that attack he did in the cinematic cutscene reminded me of the Calamator Aethereus skill from Azure Striker Gunvolt. Both are essentially massive balls of fire (and in the latter, it's an instant-death skill).

Here's Loki's official art:

Here's Reyvatein's official art:

And here's Surtr's official art:

And here's Fjorm's official art

Nah

Smash Champion
Finished watching the video for all the new stuff. Lotta good things in there: staff users buff, confirmation on story chapter updates, 2 new free units, barracks expansion, upcoming banner that features a few seasonal units, etc.

I just really do not care for the weapon upgrading though.

edit: oh, there we go, that was fast:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The thing I’m most excited about from the new updates is that new story chapters but the weapon upgrades are nice too. It’s also nice that we get Joshua for free from the upcoming Tempest Trials. He happens to be one of my favorite characters even though I didn’t use him that much during my Sacred Stones playthrough.

And as for the new banner, Lute is my most wanted of the three since she’s one of my top 5 favorite Sacred Stones characters (along with Innes, L’Arachel, Marissa and Amelia). I don’t really care about Dorcas and I’m not familiar with who Mia is because I haven’t played the Tellius games (though one of these days I will).

And so I did some rolling from the new banner. I failed to get one of them on my first attempt. The second, however...

Not exactly who I wanted but it’ll have to do. But still, it’s always nice to get a 5* focus nowadays.
My overall result:

Oh, and it just so happens that I got another Mia right after I got the first one, which I really wasn’t expecting that. If I’ve known that was going to happen, I would’ve gone for the blue orb and probably gotten Lute as well but oh well. Never been this fortunate in a summoning banner in a long while.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I went for a round of summoning with that new CYL banner in FE: Heroes. What happened during it? My luckiest summoning round yet with 3 five-stars total!

A 5-star Lucius, a 5-star Mia, and a 5-star Male Corrin. Talk about some pretty good pulls!

As for the IVs, both Lucius and Corrin are +HP -Def, while Mia is +Res -Def.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be this lucky getting multiple 5-stars like this again. I better savor this moment.

Hopefully I'll pull Dorcas before the banner ends, though Lute would be a good pull in my book as well.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Aaaand i'm the only one who doesn't have Mia at the moment.

In other, not Fire Emblem news, i'm here to deliver to you the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 OST. Yes, the OST has been leaked.
The battle theme
The unique monster theme
Gormott Province theme
If you want to hear more, i'll link to the channel here.

I just wanna say, the Xenoblade 2 OST just blew both XC1 and X's out of the water.

I've been a long time believer that the Xenoblade series has the best music out of all of Nintendo's franchises and Xenoblade 2 further supports that belief.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I definitely agree with XBC series having the best soundtrack as far as Nintendo goes. I did some light research on the composers, particularly Yasunori Mitsuda.

Seems like this guy did work previously on Chrono Trigger + Cross, XG, XS1, and much more! Of course he's not the only composer that did the music for both games.

I will say that the XB music totally gave me a great experience during Sm4sh days. I'd say top level good material alongside KH (Yoko Shimomura), Avatar (Jeremey Zuckerman), Persona (Shoji Meguro), and XS2+3 (Yuki Kajiura) imo.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
I hit a new personal best score in the Arena today:

Arena.png

Finally cracked 4,900! Tiki, Cecilia, and Reinhardt have become my core Arena team, and, not only do they score well, but they also perform very well against the current meta. I think that, next week, I'll fish for high scoring foes in an attempt to stay in Tier 20. I upgraded a few more seals, which may give me the needed points to achieve that goal. We'll see!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aaaand i'm the only one who doesn't have Mia at the moment.
I have none of them. But it's not Mia I want, it's Lute. I almost never snipe, but Lute gets to be one of the few lucky exceptions for me. I really love Sacred Stones, and Lute is one of my favorite characters from that game - second only to Knoll. Heck, she's the only one I voted for aside from Knoll in the CYL. Here's to hoping I get her.
I just really do not care for the weapon upgrading though.
Just wondering, how come? Is there something you're worried about?
I'm personally happy to see some underperforming weapons and characters get a second chance.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Just wondering, how come? Is there something you're worried about?
I'm personally happy to see some underperforming weapons and characters get a second chance.
I mean, you're right that it's a good thing for sub-par/underused weapons, and for characters that could use a boost. But it's also something that's available to pretty much all units in the game....some of which really do not need any help. I feel that it's not going to ultimately change much in regards to the more unfortunate units in the game because of that. It's like, yeah, you could upgrade the bow of [insert a poor, underused archer here], but why do that when you can forge Lyn's Brave Bow+ instead and make her even more bonkers than normal?

but hopefully I'm wrong/just worrying too much over nothing instead

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
but why do that when you can forge Lyn's Brave Bow+ instead and make her even more bonkers than normal?
Except you can't. There are some weapons that can't be forged. Brave Weapons are one of them (which means no Dire Thunder+).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, they put out a list of upgradable weapons, and meta weapons don't seem to be among them.

Off the top of my head, there's Blade tomes, owl tomes, raven tomes, brave weapons, and firesweep weapons, although I'm sure there's more. Most legendary weapons can't be upgraded yet either, including Eirika's Sielginde oddly enough. We'll probably get more of those later down, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see a Dire Thunder buff.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
A new calendar was released for Heroes.

DO0QLN1VoAA7kyC.jpg

We are going to be getting a non-seasonal Fates banner for the first time in 10 months.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We're getting Fates children before the Awakening kids? Well that seems backwards. The Awakening kids are notably more popular, and kids are also a huge part of what Awakening was known for in general.

Weapon refinery isn't until the new book starts on the 28th, huh? I wonder if that's when we'll be getting staff buffs to.

D

Deleted member

We're getting Fates children before the Awakening kids? Well that seems backwards. The Awakening kids are notably more popular, and kids are also a huge part of what Awakening was known for in general.

Weapon refinery isn't until the new book starts on the 28th, huh? I wonder if that's when we'll be getting staff buffs to.
I think they will be using the Children of Fate banner as an excuse to buff the Yato, Fujin Yumi, and Brynhildr. Weapon forging begins before this banner starts, after all.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My main hope for that Children of Fates banner is that they add Shiro. He's my favorite of the Fates children and the only I truly like, so it'd be great to see him in Heroes. Whether they'd go with his Spear Fighter self or his Swordmaster version from Heirs of Fate should he make it in is the bigger question.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just want Soleil tbh. If i can't get my #1 favorite Fates character (Azura), at least let me get my 2nd favorite.

I'm still wondering how Fjorm being summonable will tie into the plot. She's the OC that can be summoned, even though we do get her for free.

That Tempest Trial will help me get Orbs for Mia.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think they will be using the Children of Fate banner as an excuse to buff the Yato, Fujin Yumi, and Brynhildr. Weapon forging begins before this banner starts, after all.
The Fujin Yumi is going to be one of the day-one weapons that can be buffed, actually. Only the Yato and Brynhildr are going to need it.

Top Bottom