• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I wish you could customize your avatar's armor color. The white and black already looks good, but green and black would look siiiick.
On the other hand, that'd have been a pain to set up to make sure it looked okay...not to mention having to alter the dragon form's colors to match.

Y'know, in a way, it's give and take, the way Robin and Corrin are customizable in Smash compared to their home games. You can't change their build, hair style, or hair color, but you at least get to mess around with the color of their robes and armor, and Corrin's dragon form changes to match.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
i'll be using default female for my first playthrough anyway. there's a lot of great hairstyles this time around though, more so than awakening. but i just love her default look.

once again, i don't want a customizable Corrin, but i just wish they would put white and/or dark blood promoted classes as alts. i'd buy this even if it was a dlc outfit.

oh also, god this card is so amazing. i have to order those and the PoR ones after Christmas!
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_(Fates)?file=Female_Avatar_and_Servants.jpg
(wouldn't let me embed :( )

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So, what do you guys think, should I get the japanese version of FE if now?
Between shipping time, finances used, and the how soon the western release will be here I'd say wait it out. The game is fun, but I'm sure it'd be more worth the buy if you got it in February.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Between shipping time, finances used, and the how soon the western release will be here I'd say wait it out. The game is fun, but I'm sure it'd be more worth the buy if you got it in February.
I live in Japan, so shipping isn't really a problem, I can just walk to the store to buy it right now and use it on my japanese New 3DS XL. I have an american 3DS as well, the original small model, though it is hard to go back to it after playing on the bigger screen.
I originally bought the New 3DS because I didn't want to play Smash on such as small screen. The only thing that I'm worried about is not getting much mileage of the story because I still have trouble reading japanese kanjis.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh woops.

The last concern however is a valid one, and all the reason I'd say to just wait out these last months till release. It'll be worth it. :'D

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
You could also you Fates as a learning tool to help you get better at reading kanji- Pokémon Red helped me learn how to read back in the day.

Still, you might have a completely different experience if you play the English one. Apparently, characters like Henry and Sumia were made much more enjoyable by the Treehouse in Awakening and place differently in polls based on region. Personally, Henry is my favorite adult, so I thank them for that.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I'm super exited for both Corrin in Smash and Fates, but for some reason I want Corrin more than the actual game he comes from... weird. :upsidedown:

As for my Corrins, they'd go something like:
kamui1.png
kamui2.png
I know there are only two, but those are just the two I plan on making on my first two files. I'll go back and create more, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. :p

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
So... I made a new wallpaper for my desktop... it's not perfect (stupid Female!Corrin and not being able to find a clear picture of her), but it's something... am I awful?

Attachments

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On the other hand, that'd have been a pain to set up to make sure it looked okay...not to mention having to alter the dragon form's colors to match.
Speaking of which, from the time I spent hanging around SerenesForest, I actually asked if Corrin's dragon form changed colors after promotion to match his/her promotion's new color scheme. The answer I got was dissapointing.

I don't see what's so difficult about simply changing a texture's color, but FE seems pretty reluctant to do it. Just ask poor, promoted Gregor.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Speaking of which, from the time I spent hanging around SerenesForest, I actually asked if Corrin's dragon form changed colors after promotion to match his/her promotion's new color scheme. The answer I got was dissapointing.

I don't see what's so difficult about simply changing a texture's color, but FE seems pretty reluctant to do it. Just ask poor, promoted Gregor.
Part of me thinks that the reason that he doesn't change color is lore-based... but I'll spoiler it just in case (although it's covered in the first five chapters and the Smash trailer).

He supposed doesn't just have the blood of the first dragon- he transforms into the image of the "First Dragon"

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Saw it get posted earlier, but these are my Kamuis/Corrins

Probably be going to be playing female much more often than male this time, though. Which is backwards from how Awakening was for me.

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
For anybody who is still trying to get the Special Edition, I live in SoCal and I was able to go into a local GameStop and preorder it yesterday - they told me that the preorders has just reopened

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh, if we're doing that, then these are the two I made when the Kamui customizer was first put up:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hoping to get my hands on a Lucina and Robin one soon. May have to import it though. Gonna also try my luck at getting Cherche, Ophelia, Kamui, Inigo, and Cynthia cards.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a fan of Corrin's customisation options, so I am probably going to stick to default.

Speaking of which, is Corrin's default hair colour 1 or 4?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Really wish the Cipher cards would come overseas :/
FE is becoming more popular here, could be worth it.
Man Fire Emblem amiibos need to be a thing.
A Fire Emblem trading card game might not work out internationally but what if they change the Cipher cards into amiibo cards like the way Nintendo is handling Animal Crossing?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A Fire Emblem trading card game might not work out internationally but what if they change the Cipher cards into amiibo cards like the way Nintendo is handling Animal Crossing?
Yeah that would make sense, especially for like the fates character you unlock like Minerva.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I would have preferred Tiki instead of Corrin because:
- She used no swords
- She has a unique hair color
- She will remain relevant as long as Marth is relevant.

Moreover, Tiki can also turn into a semi-dragon. She should not be completely changed in a dragon to make use of the dragon-skills.

Tiki's topic: see signature.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I would have preferred Tiki instead of Corrin because:
- She used no swords
- She has a unique hair color
- She will remain relevant as long as Marth is relevant.

Moreover, Tiki can also turn into a semi-dragon. She should not be completely changed in a dragon to make use of the dragon-skills.

Tiki's topic: see signature.
But...Chainsaw...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Saw it get posted earlier, but these are my Kamuis/Corrins

Probably be going to be playing female much more often than male this time, though. Which is backwards from how Awakening was for me.
Your male avatar looks like your Smashboards Avatar.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
To each his opinion.
I find it quite unfortunate that everyone in the FE-selection uses swords.
Robin and Corrin may use them, but they don't rely on them. In both cases, the swords very clearly take a back seat to magic or the ability to transform into a freaking dragon.
I don't see what the big deal is.
Like I said, I like Tiki, but I don't see how she'd be a better choice here.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Really wish the Cipher cards would come overseas :/
FE is becoming more popular here, could be worth it.
if you're just interested in the art, they're easy and cheap enough to get from amiami. i have the awakening and shadow dragon starter packs + the protective sleeves with Chrom on them. although people have translated the attributes of each card and how to play the game itself, me and my friends still couldn't make heads or tails of it lol. i think we are all just bad at card games tbh :v

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Game Freak's apparently VERY stingy with Pokemon, it's why we don't have proper shiny colours in Smash and why the Pokemon costumes in Mario Maker have no unique sound effects
And then they turn around and make Shuffle and Pictocross... seriously Pokemon, WTH?

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Robin and Corrin may use them, but they don't rely on them. In both cases, the swords very clearly take a back seat to magic or the ability to transform into a freaking dragon.
I don't see what the big deal is.
Like I said, I like Tiki, but I don't see how she'd be a better choice here.
Tiki's more relevant.

Now it seems like the men with white hair are the only one Fire Emblem characters who use other types of weapons than swords.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
if you're just interested in the art, they're easy and cheap enough to get from amiami. i have the awakening and shadow dragon starter packs + the protective sleeves with Chrom on them. although people have translated the attributes of each card and how to play the game itself, me and my friends still couldn't make heads or tails of it lol. i think we are all just bad at card games tbh :v
I was just looking at the Nohr and Hoshido decks on Amazon, and they're both a little under $20 each. Not too bad I guess.
Never ordered anything from AmiAmi before, and looking at it seems confusing. Is there a JPY to US $ conversion somewhere?

Tiki's more relevant.

Now it seems like the men with white hair are the only one Fire Emblem characters who use other types of weapons than swords.
How is Tiki, who hasn't been in a game since 2013, more relevant than the protagonist of the just-released game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom