• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
How is Tiki, who hasn't been in a game since 2013, more relevant than the protagonist of the just-released game?
Tiki will continue to exist as Marth persists. Corrin will appear in only one or two games and then he is no longer relevant.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
considering Chrom and co reappear in Fates, it's safe to say that Corrin wouldn't likely be excluded from everything
Corrin is relevant until the next Fire Emblem game will be released. He may still appear as DLC / Amiibo, but that's it.

And Tiki ...

She belongs like Anna in the top two most important female playable characters of the entire series.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Tiki will continue to exist as Marth persists. Corrin will appear in only one or two games and then he is no longer relevant.
Not counting Awakening/Fates DLC and Smash, Marth only persisted for two games anyway. Also, hadn't Tiki already outlived Mar-Mar by thousands of years by the time of Awakening?
And if you want to get technical, Corrin's already been in three games, plus Smash :p

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
Not counting Awakening/Fates DLC and Smash, Marth only persisted for two games anyway. Also, hadn't Tiki already outlived Mar-Mar by thousands of years by the time of Awakening?
And if you want to get technical, Corrin's already been in three games, plus Smash :p
I'm talking about the main series. Not about the spinoffs and crossovers. And if you mentions FE11 / FE12 as a complete remake, I find unacceptable

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
For anybody who is still trying to get the Special Edition, I live in SoCal and I was able to go into a local GameStop and preorder it yesterday - they told me that the preorders has just reopened
I tried this two days ago and had no such luck... I think that I'm starting to annoy the poor workers there- it's my third trip.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I'm talking about the main series. Not about the spinoffs and crossovers. And if you mentions FE11 / FE12 as a complete remake, I find unacceptable
...what?
Yes FE11 and 12 are remakes. They are remakes of the first two games in the series, the only two games in the series that Marth is in.
Smash makes FE characters stars. Nobody would remember Roy if it wasn't for Melee. Amiibo are making Ike, Robin, and Lucina into bonus characters in every game that so much as mentions Fire Emblem, and even some that don't like Codename STEAM.
Corrin might wind up being extremely popular, Smash will help with that.

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
...what?
Yes FE11 and 12 are remakes. They are remakes of the first two games in the series, the only two games in the series that Marth is in.
Smash makes FE characters stars. Nobody would remember Roy if it wasn't for Melee. Amiibo are making Ike, Robin, and Lucina into bonus characters in every game that so much as mentions Fire Emblem, and even some that don't like Codename STEAM.
Corrin might wind up being extremely popular, Smash will help with that.
FE11 is a REMASTERjust like FE12. Gaiden chapters avatar, Lunatic ...

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Maybe to Robin he/she will say "looks like i'm the stronger one" (because both are avatars) to Lucina/Marth could be "even with your blade you can't beat me"(because the dragon-slayer efect of falchions) I don't think if Kamui would have interaction with ike but if he/she have would be relacted to Ike being the user of blue flames and Kamui being a water dragon
Those lines actually sound really good.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hello, friends. I've been spending a lot of time in the Bayonetta board, but I am hyped for Corrin too, so I figured I'd pop in for a visit. Oh, and since I saw this posted a couple pages back, I wanted to show off my Corrin (since it's never too late to show things off).

Anyway, it's nice to see that there are, in fact, plenty of people who are excited for this character. It seems like anywhere else you go, you can't talk about being excited for Corrin without being crucified for liking this "unneeded character".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Game Freak's apparently VERY stingy with Pokemon, it's why we don't have proper shiny colours in Smash and why the Pokemon costumes in Mario Maker have no unique sound effects
Gamefreak are the ones who wanted no shinies in Smash, but I hear it's The Pokemon Company that's really stingy with most other things.
To each his opinion.
I find it quite unfortunate that everyone in the FE-selection uses swords.
Who cares if they can use swords so long as they are still unique? Robin, for instance, feels nothing like Marth or Roy, and I'm sure Corrin will be the same.

Besides, even if Tiki could do the half-transformation, there's not as much potential for her to do it. From my understanding, she always did full transformations in the games she's appeared in during combat while Corrin will actively turn his arm into a need or a (somwewhat creepy) mouth.

We all have characters we would of wanted to see get in, but that doesn't mean we have to let ourselves get upset that characters we didn't want did get in. And while you're being very mature about this compared to many others, I still get the feeling that the mindset that certain characters "deserve" to get in more is much of what makes the Smash fanbase so toxic sometimes. It's always best to not complain and roll with what you get.

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I was just looking at the Nohr and Hoshido decks on Amazon, and they're both a little under $20 each. Not too bad I guess.
Never ordered anything from AmiAmi before, and looking at it seems confusing. Is there a JPY to US $ conversion somewhere?
it's not so bad, the only thing is that they don't tell you shipping til you check out unless you email them. you can use xe.com to convert any currency. i think you'll find them a little cheaper on amiami

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ahh tough luck there. Maybe after initial sells the stores with not enough special editions sold will transfer them among other stores

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
FE11 is a REMASTERjust like FE12. Gaiden chapters avatar, Lunatic ...
So I guess Pokemon FireRed isn't a remake of Pokemon Red, because it adds Leaf and the Sevii Islands?

it's not so bad, the only thing is that they don't tell you shipping til you check out unless you email them. you can use xe.com to convert any currency. i think you'll find them a little cheaper on amiami
They only take payments in yen, right? Do they convert it automatically?

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hello, friends. I've been spending a lot of time in the Bayonetta board, but I am hyped for Corrin too, so I figured I'd pop in for a visit. Oh, and since I saw this posted a couple pages back, I wanted to show off my Corrin (since it's never too late to show things off).

Anyway, it's nice to see that there are, in fact, plenty of people who are excited for this character. It seems like anywhere else you go, you can't talk about being excited for Corrin without being crucified for liking this "unneeded character".
Hey, thanks for stopping by and showing support for Corrin! I know you Bayonetta fans are no strangers to salty fan rage, since Bayonetta's been taking plenty heat herself. Gotta stick together to stand up to the haters!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, thanks for stopping by and showing support for Corrin! I know you Bayonetta fans are no strangers to salty fan rage, since Bayonetta's been taking plenty heat herself. Gotta stick together to stand up to the haters!
Ahaha, you know it. It seems like this broadcast only appealed to a select group of people, but said select group is hyped beyond belief. Anyway, 90% of my time will be dedicated to Bayonetta, but I'll certainly take some time to learn Corrin! They're both amazing newcomers, with very unique movesets, and while I didn't expect a new Fire Emblem character, I am very happy with Corrin's inclusion.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Bayonetta was hype. The instant I heard her voice in the reveal video I knew I had a new main incoming! She is easily one of my favorite characters of all time. All I know about Corrin is that (s)he is a chainsaw wielding dragon with a great character design and absurd range. Honestly... that is all I needed to know to like the character.

haters gonna hate. :happysheep:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Bayonetta was hype. The instant I heard her voice in the reveal video I knew I had a new main incoming! She is easily one of my favorite characters of all time. All I know about Corrin is that (s)he is a chainsaw wielding dragon with a great character design and absurd range. Honestly... that is all I needed to know to like the character.

haters gonna hate. :happysheep:
As someone put it in the "Try to sell me on Corrin" thread...

Dragon with a chainsaw. That's all you need to know in order to be hyped for Corrin.

D

Deleted member

While i'm not too familiar with Bayonetta do I think she was a way better choice than what most people wanted and she seems like a fun character to play.
And obviously I'm very hyped about Corrin these will be a long two months~

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
While i'm not too familiar with Bayonetta do I think she was a way better choice than what most people wanted and she seems like a fun character to play.
And obviously I'm very hyped about Corrin these will be a long two months~
First off, loving the Love Live avatar. Very pretty~

Second, I have to agree with you. Bayonetta was a much better choice than, like, Shovel Knight or Shantae or whatever. I don't doubt that Sakurai could've made those characters work and be fun to play, but Bayonetta is just way too unique for anyone else to stand up to her in terms of potential.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gamefreak are the ones who wanted no shinies in Smash, but I hear it's The Pokemon Company that's really stingy with most other things. Who cares if they can use swords so long as they are still unique? Robin, for instance, feels nothing like Marth or Roy, and I'm sure Corrin will be the same.

Besides, even if Tiki could do the half-transformation, there's not as much potential for her to do it. From my understanding, she always did full transformations in the games she's appeared in during combat while Corrin will actively turn his arm into a need or a (somwewhat creepy) mouth.

We all have characters we would of wanted to see get in, but that doesn't mean we have to let ourselves get upset that characters we didn't want did get in. And while you're being very mature about this compared to many others, I still get the feeling that the mindset that certain characters "deserve" to get in more is much of what makes the Smash fanbase so toxic sometimes. It's always best to not complain and roll with what you get.
Why would they not want shinies in Smash?

Benoas

Smash Cadet
As someone put it in the "Try to sell me on Corrin" thread...

Dragon with a chainsaw. That's all you need to know in order to be hyped for Corrin.

Saw that it was a new FE character and was a little disappointed, then I saw some of her moveset....

New main

D

Deleted member

First off, loving the Love Live avatar. Very pretty~

Second, I have to agree with you. Bayonetta was a much better choice than, like, Shovel Knight or Shantae or whatever. I don't doubt that Sakurai could've made those characters work and be fun to play, but Bayonetta is just way too unique for anyone else to stand up to her in terms of potential.
Thank you! ^^

Definitely so. She's definitely unique~

Also where's the link where you make the Corrin avatars? I did it before but it was many months back.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thank you! ^^

Definitely so. She's definitely unique~

Also where's the link where you make the Corrin avatars? I did it before but it was many months back.
Ah, that was posted a couple pages back. Here you go~ Make all the Corrins your little heart desires~

https://kamuicustomizer.appspot.com/

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Haha, as soon as you post the link the website is overloaded
Heheh, that's amazing. So many people want to make their own Corrins.

Plot twist: When you download Corrin in Feburary, instead of being taken to the Smash main menu, you get taken to the FE:Fates character customize screen. You make your own Corrin, and that's the model Corrin will use in Smash instead of the one advertised in the Direct.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Heheh, that's amazing. So many people want to make their own Corrins.

Plot twist: When you download Corrin in Feburary, instead of being taken to the Smash main menu, you get taken to the FE:Fates character customize screen. You make your own Corrin, and that's the model Corrin will use in Smash instead of the one advertised in the Direct.
That sounds like too much work for a character.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That sounds like too much work for a character.
Nothing is too much work when you have determination.

Anyway, of course it's too much work, but it's a nice little hypothetical. Heheh.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why would they not want shinies in Smash?
I can't remember if they provided this as their actual reason or not, but it apparently has to do with maintaining the novelty values of shinnies or something.

At least they're still allowed to come in more than one color, unlike a certain someone else. :4sonic:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I can't remember if they provided this as their actual reason or not, but it apparently has to do with maintaining the novelty values of shinnies or something.

At least they're still allowed to come in more than one color, unlike a certain someone else. :4sonic:
Sonic has more than one colour.

Benoas

Smash Cadet
I would literally cry with joy!

I was honestly really disappointed when the game came out and you could give your characters all this crappy custom equipment but not customise the palette swaps for each character. Like come on Sakurai how hard could it be?*

*I know literally nothing about making games for all I know this could be super difficult

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would literally cry with joy!

I was honestly really disappointed when the game came out and you could give your characters all this crappy custom equipment but not customise the palette swaps for each character. Like come on Sakurai how hard could it be?*

*I know literally nothing about making games for all I know this could be super difficult
Maybe next Smash it might happen.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ahaha, you know it. It seems like this broadcast only appealed to a select group of people, but said select group is hyped beyond belief. Anyway, 90% of my time will be dedicated to Bayonetta, but I'll certainly take some time to learn Corrin! They're both amazing newcomers, with very unique movesets, and while I didn't expect a new Fire Emblem character, I am very happy with Corrin's inclusion.
Kind of to be expected. No matter who got announced, some group of fans was going to be disappointed and salty. It's just unfortunate HOW salty they are towards Corrin for such stupid and arbitrary reasons (aka: Fier Embul Animu Swordsman)
That would be the hypest **** ever! Obviously it's pretty unlikely just due to all the extra work that would require, but a fun idea.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Kind of to be expected. No matter who got announced, some group of fans was going to be disappointed and salty. It's just unfortunate HOW salty they are towards Corrin for such stupid and arbitrary reasons (aka: Fier Embul Animu Swordsman)
I don't understand why people are mad that we're getting another person with a sword. I mean, sure, they're all wielding swords, and similar moves are to be expected due to that fact (after all, there are only so many ways a person can swing a sword), but almost all of them play completely differently from each other. Mario and Luigi have similar moves, why did nobody complain about that? People are just complaining for the sake of complaining, because the character they wanted (who didn't have a snowball's chance in hell) didn't get in.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom