• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Astellius

Smash Ace
one child will be missable
Gotta catch 'em all. Although it looks like it would be really time consuming to engage in a complete army breeding program in Revelations, as there are just sooo many units. I'll probably mostly just try to get my favorite ones. I mean, I really don't need the already voluminous bench to grow into a nursery.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gotta catch 'em all. Although it looks like it would be really time consuming to engage in a complete army breeding program in Revelations, as there are just sooo many units. I'll probably mostly just try to get my favorite ones. I mean, I really don't need the already voluminous bench to grow into a nursery.
Revelations...has that many units?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Every single character from both versions in one game, so yeah. Up until Chapter 17 you're gaining at least one new unit every chapter. Usually multiple, especially in cases where a royal joins up and brings their retainers along.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of Sol, I think it's a lot less useful this time also partly because at the very least in Birthright, staff distribution is stupid common. Corrin, Sakura, Hinoka, Felicia, Jakob, Shura, Orochi, Izana, and Hayato have access in either their base class or its promoted counterpart. That's 9 characters without any sort of grinding/reclassing, just following normal leveling and promotion paths that have staff access. That's on top of the obnoxious distribution of various regen skills that often are more reliable than Sol when it comes to healing. That's why it's hard to really trade the utility of eliminating a potential threat to your many units you'll end up micromanaging for a semi-reliable healing proc. Overall, You're going to take less damage by having a chance of eliminating an enemy you otherwise wouldn't for your offensive proc. Healing via an offensive proc also puts you in a vulnerable position of possibly taking damage by initiating a battle to try and recover health.

On the Hero vs Vanguard issue...
Vanguard trades: 6 SKL and 2 SPD
In exchange for: 5 HP, 4 STR, and 2 DEF when it comes to caps. The actual difference isn't game breaking, but I think strength alone is an infinitely more important stat than the kinds of obnoxious skill levels heroes reach. They just don't need a skill that high. But that's assuming all caps are reached.

When it comes to growths:
Vanguard has 5% more STR, LCK, and DEF growth in exchange for 15% less skill and 10% less SPD.

That SKL growth hurts a bit for Vanguard, but ultimately there isn't much difference, and choosing between the classes relies heavily on what character (or characters) in question have access to, and what their particular strengths and skill spreads are. I will say that Vanguard has some great skills, and Hero's skills this time seem really underwhelming as a whole. To maximize Vanguard, I'd probably give it to a character that doesn't have access to Hero, since they're such similar classes in the end.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Every single character from both versions in one game, so yeah. Up until Chapter 17 you're gaining at least one new unit every chapter. Usually multiple, especially in cases where a royal joins up and brings their retainers along.
Damn
Like Arrei mentioned, all characters from Birthright and Conquest in one game. Doesn't get any better than that.
All Fire Emblem characters together in the same game would either be the greatest or worst thing to happen

D

Deleted member

I almost have all of the children. Unfortunately, I can't get one child because Corrin is married to Hana, so someone isn't gonna get married. It's either going to be Hinata or Azama.
I think Hinata will get the bench. I didn't care for his child too much and Hinata wasn't a great unit. Compared to Ryoma and Hana, he got KO'd more than they did... hell, I don't think Hana or Ryoma were KO'd once in my Birthright playthrough.

Revelations...has that many units?
You get almost every single unit from Birthright and Conquest. Basically, you get lots and lots of characters until Chapter 17. So, stick with your favorites!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I almost have all of the children. Unfortunately, I can't get one child because Corrin is married to Hana, so someone isn't gonna get married. It's either going to be Hinata or Azama.
I think Hinata will get the bench. I didn't care for his child too much and Hinata wasn't a great unit. Compared to Ryoma and Hana, he got KO'd more than they did... hell, I don't think Hana or Ryoma were KO'd once in my Birthright playthrough.

You get almost every single unit from Birthright and Conquest. Basically, you get lots and lots of characters until Chapter 17. So, stick with your favorites!
Kinda glad I'm starting with Conquest first

D

Deleted member

Kinda glad I'm starting with Conquest first
I started with Birthright first and then I went to Conquest.
Revelation should be saved for last. There are plot details in Birthright and Conquest that make more sense in Revelation. After you beat Revelation, it might not be a bad idea to play Hidden Truths to get even more plot details.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I started with Birthright first and then I went to Conquest.
Revelation should be saved for last. There are plot details in Birthright and Conquest that make more sense in Revelation. After you beat Revelation, it might not be a bad idea to play Hidden Truths to get even more plot details.
Like the hidden castle?

Astellius

Smash Ace
It's either going to be Hinata or Azama.
I think Hinata will get the bench. I didn't care for his child too much and Hinata wasn't a great unit.
But... Hinata's child likes pickles. Don't you like pickles? Don't you love pickles? Don't you LIVE FOR PICKLES?

...Yeah, I'm probably not going to bother with getting him this round. Don't need that nonsense in my army.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I am so glad i realized Arthur couldn't support with Hana. I was about to have Silas marry Effie and if i did that, then Arthur wouldn't be able to get married because the only male left who can marry Hana is Hayato. And that would mean Rahjat would be born. Eww. So, i'll have to have Silas marry Hana and Arthur will marry Effie again.

BTW, i added Roy to my signature.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like Silas and Severa would be great together

Arrei

Smash Lord
Seems like Selena's canonically supposed to get with Subaki when Revelation comes around. On account of Caeldori being Cordelia.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Cordelia lives?
No the 3 child characters in Birthright are based off the popular Awakening characters with their habits and behaviors, but not the real ones unlike the ones in Conquest and the letters of their names are inverted.
Caeldori = Cordelia
Asugi = Gaius
Rhajat = Tharja

and so on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No the 3 child characters in Birthright are based off the popular Awakening characters with their habits and behaviors, but not the real ones unlike the ones in Conquest and the letters of their names are inverted.
Caeldori = Cordelia
Asugi = Gaius
Rhajat = Tharja

and so on.
I like how the letters are just switched for each of them

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Competitive Fire Emblem when?
Interesting idea, though I'd imagine matches would take awhile.
I don't think the length of each match matters. Chess tournaments are a thing and they probably last at least twice as long as a Fates PvP match. I do think best of 3 is too much but i agree with everything else in the video.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've tried to sell people on a Smogon-ish rule system for FE's online mode, but it was pretty difficult when Smogon has such a bad reputation with the people who don't understand their reasoning for banning things.

From what I've heard, Warp isn't the only way the multiplayer has been broken. There is also such things as forged weapons. Forging a weapon to its max takes a ridiculous amount of grinding for both money and gems. Grinding for a full team of 5V Pokemon is bad enough, but getting fully forged Brave weapons for everyone just sounds ridiculous. Then there's crit stacking and Armsthrift + Life&Death + Brave Weapon stacking.

I'm not saying the game's not salvageable or anything, but it was clearly balanced for the single player, not the multiplayer. We'd probably have to have a strict ruleset in order to get it to work, but as you can tell with Smogon, a lot of people throw fits over that.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Competitive Fire Emblem when?
Interesting idea, though I'd imagine matches would take awhile.
I REALLY like the idea of a competitive Fire Emblem but I don't like this possible ruleset.

First of all, replicate not banned? This skill is cool but having 5 units with it is too much, it needs to be toned down.
Warp it's op, yeah, but I don't want to ban anything, so we can just limiting its use like replicate, it would be a nice compromise.
The only summoned units allowed are the amiibos, on this one I completely disagree with him.
You can only obtain one Exalt's brand and one Hero's brand before the DLC that came out 1 weeks ago in JAPAN, this means that these items will be restricted to 1 each per playthrough for at least ~November in the USA and something like January 2017 for Europe (if DLCs in USA/Europe will follow the same Japan's path) that's completely not fair.
And what about childs? If I want to do a perfect child stat-wise I need to do a certain couple and what if I don't like that couple? I'm definetely not marrying a character to another in my main file only because I want the perfect child for playing multiplayer.
Also, I really don't understand why he pointed out that this rule is for avoiding hacking when I can have hacked skill even without summoning any unit.
Lastly but not least: no rules about forged weapons? This means that I can use an Iron Sword +7 and destroy everything without any negative attribute? This is not fair since not all the players want to spend hours and hours doing the same thing over and over only for a single overpowered weapon.

These are my ideas about the ruleset of a possible "competitive" Fire Emblem:
- Games played at best of 3.
- 5 minute turn duration.
- The first map is picked at random.
- Loser of the set can choose the next map.
- If the winner of the set want to change his team he can do it, but before the loser of the set.

- Summoned units are allowed (including amiibos).

- Only forged weapons of level +2 or lower are allowed.
- The skills Lethality, Warp and Replicate are limited for one per team.

These are my PERSONAL opinions, you're free to disagree and I gladly accept critics.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Here's how i think a competitive Fates match could work.
-Best of 3 (before i said that i didn't agree with this but each team has 5 units so best of 3 could work)
-No time limit (this is a stratagy game, you don't want to rush it).
-First map is random, loser chooses next map
-Summoned units, including Amiibo, are allowed but only one per team. Additionally, Summoned units that are copies of units already on the team are not allowed. For example, you can't have two Takumis.
-No hacked skill on units. For example, you can't use an Azura that knows Dragon Fang.
-Warp can be used but it has restrictions. If you use Warp, you are not allowed to act again. A unit must end their turn after using Warp.
-Ballisticans allowed
-Freeze and Enfeeble are allowed.
-Hexing Rods and Entrap are banned.
-Forging is allowed but maximum is +2 (because Killer Weapons increase their crit rate at +2, Killer weapons can only be forged once).
-Replicate is allowed but only one per team.
-Lethality is allowed (its so rare)
-Lunge is banned.
-Players can switch they're teams but they must show each other first.
-Bifrost is banned.
-Sing is allowed
-Galeforce is allowed.
-Handicap is on (this is to stop OP units and also to give Conquest players a fair chance)
-Great Club is banned (it can have a crit rate as high as 71 without forging).
-Brave Weapons allowed as long as they're not forged.

If anyone disagrees, or has better ideas, let me know.

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
Seems like Selena's canonically supposed to get with Subaki when Revelation comes around. On account of Caeldori being Cordelia.
Haha, I literally finished pairing them up earlier this morning before this was mentioned. It also makes sense to pair Selena up with Subaki because he himself is similar to Cordelia in many ways. Also, Selena's support convos with Caeldori are slightly different than the generic mother/Caeldori ones.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
-Best of 3 (before i said that i didn't agree with this but each team has 5 units so best of 3 could work)
-Summoned units, including Amiibo, are allowed but only one per team. Additionally, Summoned units that are copies of units already on the team are not allowed. For example, you can't have two Takumis.
-No hacked skill on units. For example, you can't use an Azura that knows Dragon Fang.
-Warp can be used but it has restrictions. If you use Warp, you are not allowed to act again. A unit must end their turn after using Warp.
-Ballisticans allowed
-Forging is allowed but maximum is +2 (because Killer Weapons increase their crit rate at +2, Killer weapons can only be forged once).
-Lunge is banned.
-Bifrost is banned.
-Sing is allowed
-Galeforce is allowed.
-Handicap is on (this is to stop OP units and also to give Conquest players a fair chance)

I said earlier that there should be really strict rules, but I don't think we should be so ban happy right off the bat. A lot of this stuff should be tried and tested first.

Your ideas such as limitations on the use of warp and rules regarding forging seem a tad bit more complicated than they need to be. I think it'd be simpler to ban forging altogether. The one warp/replicated per team rule mentioned earlier is something I like the sound of.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Has this happened to anyone else, I would be mad. But because this happened to Arthur, I can't be mad at all. It's fits his gimmick perfectly.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
-Ballisticans allowed
-Lunge is banned.
-Bifrost is banned.
-Sing is allowed
-Galeforce is allowed.

"No time limit (this is a strategy game, you don't want to rush it)"
Yes it's true, but I want to see your face if someone doesn't move any unit in 1 hour. :p

"Summoned units, including Amiibo, are allowed but only one per team. Additionally, Summoned units that are copies of units already on the team are not allowed. For example, you can't have two Takumis"
I agree on the second part, no clones allowed, but if you limit the summoned unit at only one per team you can say goodbye to an amiibo team or a "perfect" childrens team and that's not fair.

"Warp can be used but it has restrictions. If you use Warp, you are not allowed to act again. A unit must end their turn after using Warp"

I think not allowing a unit to act after warping is too much, I'd rather having the skill on only one unit, to me it seems a better choice.

"Hexing Rods and Entrap are banned"

This is a nice rule, I forgot the status staffs.

"Lunge is banned"
Is this necessary? Is Lunge so broken to deserve a ban? I don't have the game so I can't tell, but I know its pretty good.

"Bifrost is banned"
Bifrost works in multiplayer? I was thinking not lol.

"Handicap is on (this is to stop OP units and also to give Conquest players a fair chance)"
I don't know what the handicap does but seems honest.

"Great Club is banned (it can have a crit rate as high as 71 without forging)"
It has only 45% hit, so it's really difficult to land a hit online when usually the enemy's units have pretty good evade, maybe we can limit it to only one per team.

"Brave Weapons allowed as long as they're not forged"
Are they so powerful if forged?

I agree pretty much on all the rest, but maybe Lethality should really be limited to only one per team, yes it's rare and unreliable but if you are a bit unlucky...

EDIT:
I think it'd be simpler to ban forging altogethe.
Odin's personal skill disagree.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Also anyone have any good pairings for Xander I should have done Charlotte but I paired her for the hope of a buff werewolf child and I could have done Effie but I also paired her for the hope for a tank named Pit.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Also anyone have any good pairings for Xander I should have done Charlotte but I paired her for the hope of a buff werewolf child and I could have done Effie but I also paired her for the hope for a tank named Pit.
Did you pair Selena off yet? She's not Charlotte good, but she does give Xander speed.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
"No time limit (this is a strategy game, you don't want to rush it)"
Yes it's true, but I want to see your face if someone doesn't move any unit in 1 hour. :p

"Summoned units, including Amiibo, are allowed but only one per team. Additionally, Summoned units that are copies of units already on the team are not allowed. For example, you can't have two Takumis"
I agree on the second part, no clones allowed, but if you limit the summoned unit at only one per team you can say goodbye to an amiibo team or a "perfect" childrens team and that's not fair.

"Warp can be used but it has restrictions. If you use Warp, you are not allowed to act again. A unit must end their turn after using Warp"

I think not allowing a unit to act after warping is too much, I'd rather having the skill on only one unit, to me it seems a better choice.

"Hexing Rods and Entrap are banned"

This is a nice rule, I forgot the status staffs.

"Lunge is banned"
Is this necessary? Is Lunge so broken to deserve a ban? I don't have the game so I can't tell, but I know its pretty good.

"Bifrost is banned"
Bifrost works in multiplayer? I was thinking not lol.

"Handicap is on (this is to stop OP units and also to give Conquest players a fair chance)"

It has only 45% hit, so it's really difficult to land a hit online when usually the enemy's units have pretty good evade, maybe we can limit it to only one per team.

I agree pretty much on all the rest, but maybe Lethality should really be limited to only one per team, yes it's rare and unreliable but if you are a bit unlucky...
1. Yeah imagine playing Etika (Rip capture card)
2,3,4 Fair
5. I disagree lunge is in no way broken even if it can put your unit in a sticky situation and there are ways around it if it's not the units turn. It can also create interesting strategies.
6. Idk what that is so pass.
7. I believe it makes everyone near/at the same lv, because no one wants to face a maxed out lobster with halfly lved communism since conquest is limited aside from DLC.
8. I'm a bit on the fence on this one I haven't even seen one since I'm on conquest, pass.
9.forged weapons are one thing but with that power with an ABSOLUTE chance to attack twice or even QUADRUPLE is OP, even with the stat debuffs it has.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Good thing there aren't any long-range tomes in Fates. That could be ridiculous if coupled with Lunge.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I feel like their could be a number of interesting formats that can be employed, like maybe a Nohr vs Hoshido format, where 2 players must battle using a conquest party vs a birthright party, and are cut off from any of the exclusive items between versions (possibly banning bonus reward items as well).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I finally beat Revelation. I'll be putting my thoughts in a spoiler tag since its long and there will be spoilers
I liked the story. Seeing the interactions between the Hoshido and Nohr characters was great. Now, i do think Izana's death was pointless. They pretty much killed him off for no reason. And i liked Izana. Now, Scarlet's death, despite it being quick, was much more impactful, especially since you had to fight her in Ch.23. However, despite the fact that she died for plot reasons, the game treats it like a battlefield death, as shown in the Unit Roster and Epilogue where it says "Scarlet retired on Ch.18". Game, Scarlet didn't retire, she died. I actually found the gimmicks enjoyable (except for Ch.9 and Ch.11). I was surprised to find out that Corrin and Azura were still cousins. I knew that was the case in the Japanese version but i thought the localization would change that since it doesn't affect the plot at all (in fact, i think the characters themselves forget that). But that didn't stop me from marrying Azura. Now for gameplay. Despite playing on Hard, the game wasn't that hard. I didn't have to reset nearly as much as in Conquest. The chapters were challenging but not enough to make me want to rip my hair out. Ch.14, 17, and Endgame were stressful though. Ch.14 was a rout mission and there were like 40+ enemies with reinforcements every 5 turns up until turn 40-ish and Ch.17 and Endgame didn't let you save. The bosses in Ch.24 through 26 were pretty weak, to be honest. Mikoto was one-shoted, Sumeragi had surprisingly low speed and Gunter is Gunter. In my opinion, Ch.27 might be harder than Endgame. There's this big cluster of enemies near the star but fortuantly, the boss isn't that far off. So what i did was i had Mitama use Rescue on Corrin, then had Hinoka use Rescue on Xander who was paired up with Azura. After having Corrin attack Anankos, i had Azura sing him a song and then attacked again (but not before having Shigure use a Wane Festal to restore Corrin's HP). I beat Anankos in one turn and went to Endgame. Endgame Anankos might be one of the most unique final bosses in Fire Emblem history. He has 4 HP bars but you don't have to deal with them all at the same time. You have to take out both of his arms before you can attack the head. Each arm has 61 HP. The head and the heart each have 80 HP but the heart isn't fought until the head is beaten. At the start of Endgame, Anankos summons 8 enemy units, who despite promoted, aren't that tough (BTW, you can switch out items and units in endgame's preparation screen). Anankos's head as a 1-5 range but thankfully it doesn't attack during enemy phase (i think). The heart will attack during the enemy phase though. Endgame got a little bit stressful because of the spawning enemies but i was able to deal with it. Speaking of Endgame reinforcements, they are nice enough to give you enough breathing room and they spawn a few ways away, so you won't be attacked by them instantly (unless your right next to the spawn point). In the ending, Corrin gets crowned as king of Valla. But possibly one of the most satisfying things in this game was the final cutscene. You see each of the siblings interact with they're respective counterpart while the main Fire Emblem theme plays in the background. It was beautiful. I enjoyed Revelation a lot. The only thing i'm slightly disappointed at is Corrin's ending with Azura. Corrin and Azura become rulers of Valla, yet the only records of Azura that survived is her marriage records. But this is more of a nitpick. Revelation is still amazing. And Azura is still the best waifu.

I said earlier that there should be really strict rules, but I don't think we should be so ban happy right off the bat. A lot of this stuff should be tried and tested first.

Your ideas such as limitations on the use of warp and rules regarding forging seem a tad bit more complicated than they need to be. I think it'd be simpler to ban forging altogether. The one warp/replicated per team rule mentioned earlier is something I like the sound of.
Did this sound strict? Sorry. i didn't mean for it. I was just trying to play it safe. Although i do think forging should at least be allowed to +2 on most weapons.

but if you limit the summoned unit at only one per team you can say goodbye to an amiibo team or a "perfect" childrens team and that's not fair
Yeah, i see what you mean.

I may have been harsh on this one. I just didn't want Warp into Brave Sword to be a true combo (this is an example). I think a better solution would be is that you can't use Warp to attack. However, warping away from the enemy and then use a healing item is allowed.

This mostly comes from my bias against it. Most of my my Conquest resets came from enemy Lunge.

Basically, it makes the gap in power levels between the two teams close to even. Like Lv.50 matches in Pokemon.

It has only 45% hit, so it's really difficult to land a hit online when usually the enemy's units have pretty good evade
But crits don't miss.

Imagine getting hit with a weapon with 14 base power and its guaranteed to strike twice. That wouldn't be fair.

I don't think Lethality should be limited like that. Yes it does one-shot but it can miss. Lethality is pretty much just a glorified crit that can miss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom