• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't change that Hoshido Noble is still focused on physical combat, as he has a higher Strength cap and STR growth.
One thing you're ignoring here is how incredibly badly healing scales wth MAG in this game. Healing is [base staff value] + (MAG/3)

So say Corrin has an abysmal MAG 9. Moon Festal has a base healing value of 25. Moon Festal will still heal 28 health. On the flip side, if Corrin had a MAG of say.. 30, a moon Festal would heal for 35 health, which is a significant boost, right? Except when you look at the numbers, for having over triple the MAG score as the first example, you're only healing at a rate of 1.25 as much as the really cruddy MAG score, which is a really poor payout for the amount of stat gains needed to achieve that result.

Corrin is one of the more useful healers because you can be a lot more liberal with her tactical placement than most other units. She's a pretty durable unit with unparalleled damage output. Corrin's damage output comes into play because she can stay in the front lines and fight, spot heal, and can make quick work of enemies that might start wreaking havoc on weaker allies. In all of these ways, the important thing is that Corrin is really good at keeping other characters alive whether it's eliminating threats or actually healing or making use of Rescue. I would argue a character's other traits are way more important in order to be a good healer than MAG. That's actually my last consideration when it comes to healers. Hoshido Noble is pretty much what Paladin is in every other RPG.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I found a meme

It probably wasn't meant to be a Reyn reference but the Xenoblade fan in me says otherwise.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'll just leave this here.
Unless he re-classed from his other promoted class. For all we know, Leo started off as a Troubadour. :p

Actually, that would explain Forrest...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Unless he re-classed from his other promoted class. For all we know, Leo started off as a Troubadour. :p

Actually, that would explain Forrest...
That would actually make more sense. Story wise, if he started out as a Dark Mage, then why does he suddenly forget how to use Dark Magic when he promotes into Dark Knight? Then again, i do think Brynhildr is a Dark Tome. The color of the Tome is purple and Dark Tomes are either black or purple. In fact, i'm pretty sure Brynhildr and Ginnungagap were going to be Dark Tomes at some point. In general i never understood why Dark Knights and Dark Falcon/Fliers can't use Dark Magic. They have Dark in they're name. Calling them Mage Knight and Mage Falcon/Flier would've made more sense.

Arrei

Smash Lord
On the other hand, Leo's secondary option is Sorcerer, is it not? Meaning he had to start from Dark Mage.

But, just to rain on the parade, we could just say that he had a unique outfit designed just for him even as a Dark Mage, like the rest of the royals do.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
According to the Cipher card game, Leo did start out as a Dark Mage, and was indeed walking around wearing that skimpy outfit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I believe he was also called a "skilled Dark Mage" when he appears at Izumo in Birthright.
Besides, Necromancy is a type of Dark Magic and he's shown to be able to summon Faceless.

I have no clue why Dark Knights can't equip Dark Magic, 'cause it seems they canonically can.

..On the topic of memes, I just remembered that I saw a screenshot where Orochi told Ryoma that he looked like a "Lobster on a bad hair day".

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Been getting ahead with Chapters 18 and 19 of Conquest, as well as Kana, Shigure, Ignatius, and Nina's Paralogues.

This chapter felt like a repeat from Chapter 9 of Birthright in that Zola is up to his dirty tricks again locking up Izana and trying to kill someone from the Hoshido royal family... or at least in his case, trapping all members of said family and trying to kill them.

I felt a difficulty spike from this chapter because all the enemies here are promoted units. Forgot to give someone an Armorslayer before starting the chapter, so taking out that General team guarding the door was a bit more difficult, but I still prevailed. Unlike Birthright Chapter 9, Zola is killed for good this time instead of being taken prisoner.

And get this: we end up having a feast... with the Hoshido royal family. Ok then, that was quite random if you ask me. It's another event that just doesn't flow well with Conquest's overall story. If I had to rewrite, I would just erase the dinner part and have Zola try to kidnap someone like Elise instead.

Though I will give it props for some memorable dialogue. For one, Elise is a very sassy and over-protective little sister.

Like damn Elise, Sakura was only trying to have a friendly chat with me. It's not like she was going to steal me on the spot. Good thing Elise gets reprimanded.

Speaking of Elise's sass, one thing I noticed with the Nohr sisters is that they really know how to drop the killer lines against the Hoshido sisters. I didn't use Camilla in Chapter 11, but I learned online that she and Hinoka share a special dialogue in said chapter, and apparently, Camilla drops a killer line that went along the lines of "Corrin chose to side with Nohr AND he chose me over you as his big sister." Here, Elise drops that killer line you see here against Sakura.

None of the Hoshido sisters never seem to drop lines that killer against the Nohr siblings. With Sakura's case, it's understandable since she's shy. Hinoka doesn't have as such cold lines as Camilla does. The closest is in Birthright Chapter 13 when she tells Camilla, "Back off! That's my brother you are smothering" when Camilla hugs Corrin after that cutscene. But then in the actual battle during Chapter 13, she doesn't have some sort of special dialogue with Camilla... at least to my knowledge.

Getting back on track, the other memorable dialogue from the dinner was Azura's quote.

Pretty accurate if you ask me.
An interesting map with those Kitsune illusions that you can't attack first but they can to you. That part was what made it a good challenge, though it's Birthright Chapter 15, the equivalent to it but with Wolfskin, also had a decent challenge considering the Wolfskin had more variety of skills.

Sucks that Kaden had to get killed this chapter. He still remains one of my favorite characters in all of Fates, and I still like him more than Keaton at this point.

As for Kana and Shigure's paralogues, I don't have much to say since I already done them in Birthright. Only two notable things happened between the two this time around.
  • Apparently, the same Berserker brothers from the gold grinding DLC appear around turns 6-8, and that surprised me considering that I didn't see them show up at all in the same map for Birthright. Luckily, I was able to make quick work of them.
  • Succeeded in wiping out all the enemy units before taking out the boss in Shigure's paralogue this time around.
Now onto the other two paralogues.

People were right when they said Ignatius's Paralogue was challenging. I'm really glad I paired Benny with a mobile unit to reach his son in time (Benny is married to a Strategist Felicia, so that made things a lot easier). Then again, I dropped the difficulty to Normal, so maybe that's why it wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be (I did consider the advice to try to complete as early as possible though, hence why it was one of my first paralogues I took care of).

I'm also surprised Ignatius is much more light-hearted than I expected.
Interesting mission. Reminds me of Asugi's paralogue except instead of beating the boss before the child unit escapes, it's rout the enemy before the child unit flees. If there was one mistake I made this chapter, it was not using the SW door right away and going for the top left door instead. Luckily, I managed to have two units trap the left exit before Nina could escape. She was also the last enemy unit I took out because I heard somewhere that if you kill her before taking out the rest of the enemies, she won't be recruitable. Well, glad that wasn't the case.

And now I can understand why she was the highest ranked child unit from that popularity poll: she's cute and likes to daydream about boys. She makes a pretty solid unit too. Even I will admit I like her too.

I also S-ranked Xander and Charlotte together, and I'm glad I did so for this reason.

Probably one of the best S-Supports in the entire game for that reason alone.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well... if that had happened before Ch. 6, it would've been rather creepy, considering Corrin would still think the Nohr royals are their siblings by blood at that point...

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
So !MRobin wasn't the only one to get 2 new cards.
tumblr_o4764sZ6Fz1qdrg3co1_540.png
tumblr_o4764sZ6Fz1qdrg3co2_540.png
It's possible that all the Amiibo units might get 2 extra cards.

Or it could just be these two's high popularity. Either way these two new cards look as great as Robin's new ones.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
You know, it's dawned on me(more so with his announcement in Smash back in December) that MCorrin is similar design-wise to a certain someone.

And for comparison...

White hair? Check. Red eyes? Check. Sword? Check. Ninja skills? Well, Corrin can have Master Ninja as a secondary class, so check....ish?

D

Deleted member 189823

The grind is real, my fingers are falling off and my head hurts. ~-~ Nice session, tho, fam.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently finished Revelation Chapter 26 yesterday. I would've finished the game later that evening but I decided to do some more level and support grinding instead. I plan to do the children paralogues after I beat the story.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So it seems that the S-Supports between the children characters are platonic. I just did Shigure x Soleil and in the S-Support, Shigure was congratulating Soleil on how much her singing has improved although he wouldn't recommend entering any contests yet. He then tells her that the next step they could take was songwriting. Shigure writes a quick song about how Soleil is a great friend and Soleil then tries writing a song about how Shigure is a great friend. And i mean, friends. There was no implications of love. The closest they got was the song and Soleil blushing when she heard the song but that was it. In fact, i think they're epilogue ending will be the only romance between Shigure and Soleil.

, I managed to have two units trap the left exit before Nina could escape. She was also the last enemy unit I took out because I heard somewhere that if you kill her before taking out the rest of the enemies, she won't be recruitable
I can confirm that this isn't true. I "killed" Nina way before i took out the rest of the enemies and she still joined at the end of the chapter. Although when you do "kill" her, she "dies" in slow motion just like when one of your units dies. So the first time i played Nina's paralouge in Conquest, i actually thought i messed up because i thought she actually died.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I don't know how, but a Sorcerer just crit Shura with a 37% hit rate and a 1% crit rate.
If it weren't for the fact that he survived, I would say that my luck could not get worse.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well... if that had happened before Ch. 6, it would've been rather creepy, considering Corrin would still think the Nohr royals are their siblings by blood at that point...
Well, I think Corrin x any of his/her siblings is creepy regardless.

Astellius

Smash Ace
So it seems that the S-Supports between the children characters are platonic.
Only some are. I believe Soleil's possible love interests are male Corrin and Forrest. Idk why female Corrin isn't an option with Soleil. I recall hearing that most of Kana's S-ranks are platonic, which is good, because Kana is, what, 10?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was really hoping S-ranks would become platonic and not gender-locked in this game, more like previous game's A-ranks. Needless to say I was really disappointed when child units got confirmed to be a thing.

Still crossing my figures for FE15, though. They were a cute gimmick in Awakening, but I really don't want to see child units be in every FE game onward.

Astellius

Smash Ace
I really don't want to see child units be in every FE game onward.
I definitely don't want this to continue being a thing. I thought they were fine in Awakening, it fit in with the storytelling. But this time around... it's just so ridiculously contrived.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Only some are. I believe Soleil's possible love interests are male Corrin and Forrest. Idk why female Corrin isn't an option with Soleil. I recall hearing that most of Kana's S-ranks are platonic, which is good, because Kana is, what, 10?
That's correct regarding Kana's S-rank. Though there is one romantic S-rank for each gender. Male Kana is with Selkie and they become boyfriend and girlfriend. Female Kana is with Kiragi and they agree to get married when they're older.

Female Corrin just doesn't seem interested in Soleil from the supports I read. More annoyed with her. Soleil would have been a better gay option than Rhajat as she is only bi towards Corrin. Rhajat and Soleil can't even support in Revelation.

I guess the excuse of why Forrest is one of Soleil's two romantic options is because Forrest dresses himself like a girl. Forrest is the closest we're going to get for Soleil to be in a same sex relationship (except Forrest is actually a boy that likes to wear dresses).

Speaking of Forrest, why can't Leo and Oboro support? Oboro is a fashionista herself. Just think of the interactions between Oboro and Forrest exchanging fashions tips and what not.

I was really hoping S-ranks would become platonic and not gender-locked in this game, more like previous game's A-ranks. Needless to say I was really disappointed when child units got confirmed to be a thing.

Still crossing my figures for FE15, though. They were a cute gimmick in Awakening, but I really don't want to see child units be in every FE game onward.
If IS insists on including a second generation for FE15, I would prefer the kids to get their own story. IS was willing to write three different stories for Fates (though the execution could've been handled better), why not do two stories with one starring the first generation, and once you beat that story, you unlock the second generation and play through that story?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I think most of the Child S support are platonic (like MKana being friendzoned by Sophie and Velouria but some are really cute like Percy trying to confess to FKana, and some don't have any romantical meaning)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Idk why female Corrin isn't an option with Soleil.
So i actually did some research and i found out that Soleil isn't bi. She appears bi because to us because that's how we see it in our culture. But in Japan, its an entirely different case. I'll let this video explain.
It starts at 4:26 and watch it until you reach 5:46.

recall hearing that most of Kana's S-ranks are platonic, which is good, because Kana is, what, 10?
I think she's 12. But if she is 10, this wouldn't be the first time we had a 10 year playable in Fire Emblem. Sanaki in Path of Radiance was 10.

I definitely don't want this to continue being a thing. I thought they were fine in Awakening, it fit in with the storytelling. But this time around... it's just so ridiculously contrived.
I want to share my opinion on this. While i wouldn't mind if FE15 didn't have child units, at the same time, i don't see what the problem with them is. I personally think they were handled better in Awakening and Fates than they were in Genealogy, at least gameplay wise. In Awakening and Fates, you weren't really required to recruit them and the game didn't punish you for it. If you did recruit them and they had a "bad" parent, they could still be viable. In Genealogy, this wasn't the case. You could choose to not have any units marry and the game would punish you for it by giving you inferior units during the 2nd gen (although Linda is probably the only good substitute unit). And having a bad parent could potentially ruin a 2nd gen (pro tip: if Lester's father isn't Jamke or Midayle, he will be terrible). Story wise, the only bad thing i can see about Fates's children is "how the hell are they born so fast?" I don't mind the time-chamber thing since its not unusual to have that in fiction.

Even though i think Awakening and Fates handles they're children better, i wouldn't mind seeing another time-skip in where the first half, you plays as the gen 1 units and the second half, you play as the 2nd gen units. But i don't want it to be like Genealogy where it was just 10 really long chapters. If they do do a time-skip, i would like it to be like this: the game is 40 chapters long. The first 20 involves the 1st generation. The remaining 20 will involve the 2nd generation. And this would still use the C-B-A-S Support system because it is infinitely better than the love-point system from Genealogy.

Child units will probably return in FE15 though. Back when Fates was released in Japan, Famitsu did a poll and one of the questions was "how do you feel about S-Supports". I don't remember the actual results but i know that around 60% of the voters said that they liked S-Support AND the children characters, 20% said that they liked the S-Supports but not the child units and only 10% said that they don't like both S-Supports and the child units. So we probably will be seeing child units again.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
So i actually did some research and i found out that Soleil isn't bi. She appears bi because to us because that's how we see it in our culture. But in Japan, its an entirely different case. I'll let this video explain.
It starts at 4:26 and watch it until you reach 5:46.

I think she's 12. But if she is 10, this wouldn't be the first time we had a 10 year playable in Fire Emblem. Sanaki in Path of Radiance was 10.

I want to share my opinion on this. While i wouldn't mind if FE15 didn't have child units, at the same time, i don't see what the problem with them is. I personally think they were handled better in Awakening and Fates than they were in Genealogy, at least gameplay wise. In Awakening and Fates, you weren't really required to recruit them and the game didn't punish you for it. If you did recruit them and they had a "bad" parent, they could still be viable. In Genealogy, this wasn't the case. You could choose to not have any units marry and the game would punish you for it by giving you inferior units during the 2nd gen (although Linda is probably the only good substitute unit). And having a bad parent could potentially ruin a 2nd gen (pro tip: if Lester's father isn't Jamke or Midayle, he will be terrible). Story wise, the only bad thing i can see about Fates's children is "how the hell are they born so fast?" I don't mind the time-chamber thing since its not unusual to have that in fiction.

Even though i think Awakening and Fates handles they're children better, i wouldn't mind seeing another time-skip in where the first half, you plays as the gen 1 units and the second half, you play as the 2nd gen units. But i don't want it to be like Genealogy where it was just 10 really long chapters. If they do do a time-skip, i would like it to be like this: the game is 40 chapters long. The first 20 involves the 1st generation. The remaining 20 will involve the 2nd generation. And this would still use the C-B-A-S Support system because it is infinitely better than the love-point system from Genealogy.

Child units will probably return in FE15 though. Back when Fates was released in Japan, Famitsu did a poll and one of the questions was "how do you feel about S-Supports". I don't remember the actual results but i know that around 60% of the voters said that they liked S-Support AND the children characters, 20% said that they liked the S-Supports but not the child units and only 10% said that they don't like both S-Supports and the child units. So we probably will be seeing child units again.
That would be really nice, in the DLC of children play well this (even being only 6 chapters that was really cool to see the children get some love AND having the legendary weapons)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In Awakening and Fates, you weren't really required to recruit them and the game didn't punish you for it.
I wouldn't say this is true. By not recruiting them, you're missing on stages, characters, items, and exp. This is especially important in Conquest, in which resources are finite.
Child units will probably return in FE15 though.
I like to think that the reason child units stayed in was because IS didn't want to alienate the new Awakening fans who aren't used to drastic changes between each FE game. It's the same reason I believe the Awakening clones are a thing.

I hope they won't feel that it's as necessary to include them in the next game, and that they'll move onto something else.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Y'know when I first saw this I thought it was just someone doing stuff in the FE convo maker thing

then I saw that it's actually their B-support convo lol

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ophelia made a reference. She is automatically the 2nd best character in the game.

I wouldn't say this is true. By not recruiting them, you're missing on stages, characters, items, and exp. This is especially important in Conquest, in which resources are finite.
That may be true but you at least get enough resources in Conquest. You also may be missing out on characters but you always have enough characters to work with.
I like to think that the reason child units stayed in was because IS didn't want to alienate the new Awakening fans who aren't used to drastic changes between each FE game. It's the same reason I believe the Awakening clones are a thing.

I hope they won't feel that it's as necessary to include them in the next game, and that they'll move onto something else.
IS has shown that they can make a Classic FE game. While i'm pretty sure child units will return in FE15, i'm confident that that FE15 will still play like a Classic FE game. They could make it like Sacred Stones where you have varied victory conditions while having the ability to grind and S-Supports. Making a Sacred Stones-styled FE is the best way to appeal to both classic and modern FE fans. Now, i'm sure the Awakening clones won't return.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Back~ I at least made it to Ch. 4 of my Lunatic Classic run before throwing in the towel by restarting my run as a Lunatic Modern--

(You mean Lunatic FILTHY Casual.)

"Ugh, dude, the NAME for that Style Setting SOUNDS as insulting as that Ninja Dog difficulty in one of the Ninja Gaiden games in the 2000s era that gets unlocked for losing enough times."

<RL ME> My sentiments exactly, MOY, though for the record, Yas Hunt, it's JUST called Casual. Why they went with the name Casual instead of Modern is beyond me, since Modern sounds nicer than the connotation that Casual has been carrying for at least a decade now. Also, Lunatic Phoenix Birthright/Conquest/Revelations seems IMPOSSIBLE to do for the first 5 Chapters or so, as far as I'm aware, since Phoenix ONLY shows up when I pick Normal and NOT Hard OR Lunatic after entering New Game, which I'm MORE than okay with for now.

(THIS was what you got smothered in after you made Corrin burn down that one mountain with the 4 Faceless Nohrian goons withOUT properly protecting him with the right Pair Ups and Ally Positionings during your Lunatic Classic run. I've gotta hand it to ya, Splooshi, you've handled that SALT with a LOT more grace & outward maturity than that 12 year old Batamon boy Kehtas did during the week in which his precious hero LOST one of the Weekly Conquests.)
<RL Me> That I did~ When that One Turn Blow-Up happened, I was all like "GG~ XD", "YOOOO! 8D" and "Yeaaaaah, 10-ish minutes or so for THIS outcome, withOUT being able to save beforehand like I could in Advance Wars Dual Strike & Days of Ruin? I ain't about dat 'Campaign punishin' me for gettin' greedy 'bout trying to level up Corrin & Company not featuring that sturdy Knight' life, especially after having lived it during Chapter 3." And yes, I'll admit, THAT Blow-Up was what made me throw in the towel on the Lunatic Classic run. If I'm getting bopped THIS early on still, before I can even MAKE IT to the Branch of Fates, then Lunatic Conquest Classic would've been a toital nightmare on a scale that would've EASILY exceeded the Hard Campaign of Dual Strike.

(And yet this FILTHY CASUAL STILL wants to start with Conquest on Lunatic, even though he's using CASUAL! I swear, Splooshi's trying to live up to the NAME of a Lunatic, even though he's not even being AUTHENTIC about it anymore.)

<RL Me> Yas, one of the biggest reasons I made the switch to Modern is that sometimes I want to SAVE where I am during a Chapter to go do other things, like use up my 5 Hearts in Pokemon Shuffle on various events, hit up 3DS FG FFA for the Weekly Conquests, and continue my ambitiously-in-perpetual-development fic series, Shimmering Eyes, which I REALLY want to write up an Insert Song sequence for, featuring the Nohr version of Hitori Omou as the Insert Song in question, despite myself planning for said sequence to be featuring only Pokemon fancharacters (ESPECIALLY "Sir Caliber"!) and NO FE or even Kirby fancharacters (so no Kehtas & Co...) whatsoever.

(Isn't that what Suspend is for?)

<RL Me> Not good enough. I want to take RISKS withOUT having to redo several minutes worth of gameplay, just to get back to where I was, such as BEFORE I took a big risk that resulted in one of my troops dying on me, often due to my stubborn Advance Wars habits of over-aggression.

ANYWAYS, I'm now at Chapter 5 of my Lunatic Modern run, after having maximized the amount of experience that Felicia & Corrin gained during Chapters 2 & 3.... And finally beating Chapter 4 after solving the puzzle of "How can I make sure that Corrin & Co SURVIVES burning down the mountain with the 4 Faceless Nohrian goons on it?"... I'm now at a standoff point where, after making sure that the first few enemies were dealt with minimum involvement from Dragon!Corrin (so everyone else got a chance to earn EXP), despite Xander having been slain, no one else moves and nothing else happens, and yet no one on my team seems capable of surviving That One Turn of being a meatshield for luring out a Paired-Up Wyrmslayer (1st Strike) and the 3 Dark Mages (only 1 of them attacks during That One Turn).... except for Azura, who I'm slowly but surely grinding her LVL up by making Dragon!Corrin "Wait", so I can make Azura "Sing" for EXP. So far, she's the ONLY one who's been able to survive That One Turn, but I can't seem to keep everyone else around afterwards withOUT at least ONE of my troops dying to the 4 Spawning Dark Mages that come AFTER That One Turn. It'd be nice to find some intel on how I'm supposed to be doing this part withOUT having ANYONE dying OR having to exploit Azura's ability to Sing her way to a LVL UP withOUT the game itself stopping me (for now), but until then....

*Goes back to grinding up Azura's LVL towards 25 (currently at LVL 22) by making Corrin "Wait" and then making Azura "Sing"... ad nausiam for hundreds of Turns until actually reaching LVL 25, in which she gains Voice of Peace, a Skill that makes all enemies within 2 spaces of her deal 2 whole less points of damage*
If that doesn't work, then I'll continue the Grind to LVL 35 for ANOTHER useful Skill for helping my party survive: Foreign Princess, basically a 2nd Voice of Peace with the extra feature of making Enemies take 2 MORE points of damage. On the upside, I'll at least have a 25 or 35 LVL Azura for ALL 3 LUNATIC ROUTES after this! 83

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. Camilla and Charlotte got some big revealable knockers(atleast Tharja had some decency)
2. So close to getting Silas and Severa married for Cordelia 2.0
3. Percy/Pit + Arthur/1987 Leonardo=****ING LIFE TO MY EARS!

Astellius

Smash Ace
The class s relationship matter is inapplicable here. The class s relationship is fundamentally platonic in nature, where the two girls are just imitating the actions of a couple when they're very young. It's more similar to an extended game of make-believe. Contrast this with Soleil, who is not in a relationship with another girl, and is actually physically attracted to women. If anything, Soleil fits better in Freudian psychology (girl with daddy issues stuck in a homosexual phase).

But, far more likely than that, Soleil was just intended to be an exaggerated yuri fangirl character (like Nina is a yaoi fangirl). Yuri media that is marketed towards girls generally is based on the cuteness factor, less on sexuality, and even less on romantic love (male-oriented yuri material is more sexual, but still might be cute, but still is off on romantic love). Soleil is the self-proclaimed champion of all cute things. Add in the parent complex that is characteristic of the children in FE, and you have the overly flirtatious yuri fangirl.

This is a confused situation for media tropes, because yuri fangirls are not typically gay, but they also aren't usually physically attracted to and flirtatious with women. A lot of the characters have unilateral or bilateral tropes that define their characters. Sure, I get that they did that. Having Soleil be a gay option would betray her founding tropes. All the same--what's wrong with that? It better suits her.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Back~ I at least made it to Ch. 4 of my Lunatic Classic run before throwing in the towel by restarting my run as a Lunatic Modern--

(You mean Lunatic FILTHY Casual.)

"Ugh, dude, the NAME for that Style Setting SOUNDS as insulting as that Ninja Dog difficulty in one of the Ninja Gaiden games in the 2000s era that gets unlocked for losing enough times."

<RL ME> My sentiments exactly, MOY, though for the record, Yas Hunt, it's JUST called Casual. Why they went with the name Casual instead of Modern is beyond me, since Modern sounds nicer than the connotation that Casual has been carrying for at least a decade now. Also, Lunatic Phoenix Birthright/Conquest/Revelations seems IMPOSSIBLE to do for the first 5 Chapters or so, as far as I'm aware, since Phoenix ONLY shows up when I pick Normal and NOT Hard OR Lunatic after entering New Game, which I'm MORE than okay with for now.
(THIS was what you got smothered in after you made Corrin burn down that one mountain with the 4 Faceless Nohrian goons withOUT properly protecting him with the right Pair Ups and Ally Positionings during your Lunatic Classic run. I've gotta hand it to ya, Splooshi, you've handled that SALT with a LOT more grace & outward maturity than that 12 year old Batamon boy Kehtas did during the week in which his precious hero LOST one of the Weekly Conquests.)
<RL Me> That I did~ When that One Turn Blow-Up happened, I was all like "GG~ XD", "YOOOO! 8D" and "Yeaaaaah, 10-ish minutes or so for THIS outcome, withOUT being able to save beforehand like I could in Advance Wars Dual Strike & Days of Ruin? I ain't about dat 'Campaign punishin' me for gettin' greedy 'bout trying to level up Corrin & Company not featuring that sturdy Knight' life, especially after having lived it during Chapter 3." And yes, I'll admit, THAT Blow-Up was what made me throw in the towel on the Lunatic Classic run. If I'm getting bopped THIS early on still, before I can even MAKE IT to the Branch of Fates, then Lunatic Conquest Classic would've been a toital nightmare on a scale that would've EASILY exceeded the Hard Campaign of Dual Strike.
(And yet this FILTHY CASUAL STILL wants to start with Conquest on Lunatic, even though he's using CASUAL! I swear, Splooshi's trying to live up to the NAME of a Lunatic, even though he's not even being AUTHENTIC about it anymore.)

<RL Me> Yas, one of the biggest reasons I made the switch to Modern is that sometimes I want to SAVE where I am during a Chapter to go do other things, like use up my 5 Hearts in Pokemon Shuffle on various events, hit up 3DS FG FFA for the Weekly Conquests, and continue my ambitiously-in-perpetual-development fic series, Shimmering Eyes, which I REALLY want to write up an Insert Song sequence for, featuring the Nohr version of Hitori Omou as the Insert Song in question, despite myself planning for said sequence to be featuring only Pokemon fancharacters (ESPECIALLY "Sir Caliber"!) and NO FE or even Kirby fancharacters (so no Kehtas & Co...) whatsoever.

(Isn't that what Suspend is for?)

<RL Me> Not good enough. I want to take RISKS withOUT having to redo several minutes worth of gameplay, just to get back to where I was, such as BEFORE I took a big risk that resulted in one of my troops dying on me, often due to my stubborn Advance Wars habits of over-aggression.

ANYWAYS, I'm now at Chapter 5 of my Lunatic Modern run, after having maximized the amount of experience that Felicia & Corrin gained during Chapters 2 & 3.... And finally beating Chapter 4 after solving the puzzle of "How can I make sure that Corrin & Co SURVIVES burning down the mountain with the 4 Faceless Nohrian goons on it?"... I'm now at a standoff point where, after making sure that the first few enemies were dealt with minimum involvement from Dragon!Corrin (so everyone else got a chance to earn EXP), despite Xander having been slain, no one else moves and nothing else happens, and yet no one on my team seems capable of surviving That One Turn of being a meatshield for luring out a Paired-Up Wyrmslayer (1st Strike) and the 3 Dark Mages (only 1 of them attacks during That One Turn).... except for Azura, who I'm slowly but surely grinding her LVL up by making Dragon!Corrin "Wait", so I can make Azura "Sing" for EXP. So far, she's the ONLY one who's been able to survive That One Turn, but I can't seem to keep everyone else around afterwards withOUT at least ONE of my troops dying to the 4 Spawning Dark Mages that come AFTER That One Turn. It'd be nice to find some intel on how I'm supposed to be doing this part withOUT having ANYONE dying OR having to exploit Azura's ability to Sing her way to a LVL UP withOUT the game itself stopping me (for now), but until then....

*Goes back to grinding up Azura's LVL towards 25 (currently at LVL 22) by making Corrin "Wait" and then making Azura "Sing"... ad nausiam for hundreds of Turns until actually reaching LVL 25, in which she gains Voice of Peace, a Skill that makes all enemies within 2 spaces of her deal 2 whole less points of damage*
If that doesn't work, then I'll continue the Grind to LVL 35 for ANOTHER useful Skill for helping my party survive: Foreign Princess, basically a 2nd Voice of Peace with the extra feature of making Enemies take 2 MORE points of damage. On the upside, I'll at least have a 25 or 35 LVL Azura for ALL 3 LUNATIC ROUTES after this! 83
Your dedication on the path you've chosen amazes me- no joke it REALLY does.

I did Hard and accidentally chose Casual/Modern without really looking which really turned out to be a blessing in secret saving made but multiple times in the Ninja cave of death and the Wind tribe. By the time I reached ch 23 I switched to normal while still keeping hard on another file for later. The skills enemies have on hard made made me so freaking weary man. Even on the last chapters (not saying which) on NORMAL there's two regular enemies with BOTH MAGIC AND NORMAL COUNTER!?!? LIKE WHY!? Well when I get Birthright soon I'll do Hard Classic for sure, no whining there since I've been to heck and back with Conquest.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Beat Chp.23, Takumi's mission was really crazy. I basically abused Ophelia&Robin Dark Falcon Galeforce once I reached Hinata. Only Xander could safely fight Takumi, but won in the end.

Still fairly disappointing with Kana's copy and paste critical quotes. I know they focused on the animations more than the quotes this time around(and the animations rock because of it) but Kana to me just doesn't really hold up to Morgan in terms of quotes or personality(but hey, she's like 10 while Morgan is 16/17) Also Kana blowing up the oven always puts a smile on my face.

In regards to the 2nd gen units as a whole, even though I like a number of the 2nd gen unit(Nina, Selkie, Soleil etc) I'm on the stance that they aren't really needed. I still liked the ones in Awakening more because they felt a lot less shoehorned in than in Fates.Though there are a few 2nd gen units in Fates that I like more than certain units in Awakening.

Also, thank you Selena.
artist-knightingaleforce

Top Bottom