• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I am going to wait till chapter 18 ends for me to get the remaining children. They come with the seals

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If you have just one cartridge, doesn't the second version take up significantly less blocks?

Oh well, suit yourself, I guess.
I'll be alright. Besides, I got money anyways.
If you get one physical version and then download the other versions at half the price, the downloads take up 787 blocks of space. That's slightly a little bit more than your average Virtual Console game.
I'm still getting the physical copy of the other game but thanks for the input.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

If you get two cartridges, you can't share DLC, and you don't get any link bonus items (Dread Scrolls, namely) as far as I know.
I myself am struggling with the temptation to use my Birthright download code early while my Conquest is in the mail, but I want those bonuses.

And guys, I...I did a bad thing. I had $20 sitting in my account waiting for Revelation next month, but the Pokemon 20th anniversary rereleases of RBY were tempting me, and then the Fates 3DS themes came out today, and I couldn't hold out...bought them, plus the retro SEGA Genesis and Saturn themes I'd been eyeballing for a bit, and now I only have enough left to get Yellow and (hopefully) a Pokemon 20th anniversary theme on Saturday. I love the themes, but I'm a little disappointed in myself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you get two cartridges, you can't share DLC, and you don't get any link bonus items (Dread Scrolls, namely) as far as I know.
I myself am struggling with the temptation to use my Birthright download code early while my Conquest is in the mail, but I want those bonuses.

And guys, I...I did a bad thing. I had $20 sitting in my account waiting for Revelation next month, but the Pokemon 20th anniversary rereleases of RBY were tempting me, and then the Fates 3DS themes came out today, and I couldn't hold out...bought them, plus the retro SEGA Genesis and Saturn themes I'd been eyeballing for a bit, and now I only have enough left to get Yellow and (hopefully) a Pokemon 20th anniversary theme on Saturday. I love the themes, but I'm a little disappointed in myself.
It was a whole month, it's alright

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Don't worry, Revelation comes out on March 10th. That's three weeks from now (it releases on a Thursday). You've got time.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Ok I forgot to post this earlier but my Elise's first lvl up was a perfect lvl. Also kaze is great and so is Camilla. 1 more chapter till I go kid hunting for every kid besides Ophelia and Sophie because I already got them

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did see a couple posts that mention hard mode, so I had to do some digging around. Apparently, it sounds like for those who play the Casual Mode, allies who fall in battle merely retreat, and will return in the next chapter.

Since I never touched a Fire Emblem game before, the Casual Mode would be an obvious choice for newbies.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I have run into my first complaint with Fates: The way forging is handled. Before, you had a limited set of points you could use to increase your weapon's stats. But in Fates, you need two of the same weapon+a specific type of ore to forge.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget

You lose out on Dark Falcon class change scrolls if you get them on separate cartridges.

I did see a couple posts that mention hard mode, so I had to do some digging around. Apparently, it sounds like for those who play the Casual Mode, allies who fall in battle merely retreat, and will return in the next chapter.

Since I never touched a Fire Emblem game before, the Casual Mode would be an obvious choice for newbies.
Half the strategy is in keeping all your units alive, TBH. I wouldn't go for it.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Looking at the Japanese MR supports, its very scary on what they say so casually that doesn't really grab your attention can probably be some kind of hidden deep foreshadowing that you'll never see coming, and when it happens you'll look back and kick yourself over and over. I wonder if its more hidden/implied in English?

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Shigure is amazing!!! Activates lethality like all the time(Father is Kaze)

I got Kana(Male), Ophelia, Sophie, Dywer, Midori, and Shigure. Doing siegbert next then Forrest. After that I need to grind supports. I also forgot Nina is after Forrest

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As much as I want to, I'd rather just get the physical copies of a game that the digital ones, which takes up too much space. Besides, I still have a $40 Walmart gift card that I got from work so I can just get Conquest pretty cheap.
The dlc path is less than 800 blocks..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Basically, it's VERY foolish to buy both versions at full price. If you bought Birthright, and want to take the Conquest path, you can purchase Conquest at a discount price if you get the DLC version. So what if it uses some space on your SD card. Nowadays, you'd want your 3DS to use a 32 GB SDHC card anyway.

Half the strategy is in keeping all your units alive, TBH. I wouldn't go for it.
So basically, do not go the Casual Mode route? If so, then good luck trying to keep your allies safe then; new players would more than likely struggle with the permanent deaths.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Basically, it's VERY foolish to buy both versions at full price. If you bought Birthright, and want to take the Conquest path, you can purchase Conquest at a discount price if you get the DLC version. So what if it uses some space on your SD card. Nowadays, you'd want your 3DS to use a 32 GB SDHC card anyway.

So basically, do not go the Casual Mode route? If so, then good luck trying to keep your allies safe then; new players would more than likely struggle with the permanent deaths.
And thats what resets are for, painfully reminding you of your mistakes while the game starts up again and making you doing the chapter over again, but it makes you think harder, play more carefully, and develop more safer wiser strategies to overcome.

Although I can't get Conquest until the 12th or 19th of March (spring break on the 20th so I can basically play without the stress of homework and school in general) I'll probably finish my playthrough of FE:A hard/classic mode to keep me occupied... hopefully.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Anyone know when you can buy mater seals in conquest
the staff shop in Birthright sells them. I assume its the same in Conquest.

EDIT: so, playthrough update, Rinkah has been wrecking stuff. When paired with the Avatar and with Fiery Blood activated she can 1-shot a lot of enemies on attack, and block chokepoints like a pro on defense.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And thats what resets are for, painfully reminding you of your mistakes while the game starts up again and making you doing the chapter over again, but it makes you think harder, play more carefully, and develop more safer wiser strategies to overcome.
Some people probably don't want to redo an entire chapter all over again over a careless mistake though. Still, it's your decision on which difficulty to choose, but sometimes taking the casual route can help newbies be more prepared for doing a harder playthrough.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You'd be surprised how much a new player could struggle with even casual mode. Take my older sister, for example. Her official excuse was that "Chrom is too fragile", but in reality she just wasn't that good.

Casual mode is a huge part of the reason Awakening was so popular. It meant people who might not exactly be cut out for strategy games could still go in and enjoy it.
I have run into my first complaint with Fates: The way forging is handled. Before, you had a limited set of points you could use to increase your weapon's stats. But in Fates, you need two of the same weapon+a specific type of ore to forge.
I hear forged weapons can get stupid broken for online to.
Then again I hear the online is broken anyway. Oh well, FE never needed online anyway. Though it would be cool if they got a balanced, competitive online mode to work in the next game.

Nah

Smash Champion
When my cousins visit it's sort of become custom to do Smash FFAs for fun, and today we did this one Corrin-only battle and my youngest sister at one point killed us all at the same time with Counter Surge. It was kinda funny really:

She really likes Counter Surge now

Also AirshBornely AirshBornely I like your sig image

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You'd be surprised how much a new player could struggle with even casual mode. Take my older sister, for example. Her official excuse was that "Chrom is too fragile", but in reality she just wasn't that good.

Casual mode is a huge part of the reason Awakening was so popular. It meant people who might not exactly be cut out for strategy games could still go in and enjoy it.I hear forged weapons can get stupid broken for online to.
Then again I hear the online is broken anyway. Oh well, FE never needed online anyway. Though it would be cool if they got a balanced, competitive online mode to work in the next game.
Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem had online multiplayer. Doesn't Fates online have a handicap system?

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Speaking of Hard/Classic... I got Kaze killed again in Chapter 10. Incidentally, you immediately recruit Kagero at the end of that chapter... Yeah, bye Kaze. XD Really though, I don't feel that bad since he doesn't even die due to cutscene armor, you just can't use him again. His only real advantage over Saizo was Res, and I have other mage killers to fall back on.

I wouldn't have let this sort of thing slide back when I played PoR (I played the one chapter you get Tormod in over and over and over trying to keep his useless ass alive), but I'm not really bothered by it now.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Amazingly Hard is actually a challenge now compared to how much of a joke it was in awakening.

I'm on chapter 14 of birthright and I already have the S-rank convo ready for my avatar and hinoka, yet I dunno when I wanna go through with it yet

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Good Naga what happened to Old Hubba?!

It's the Brock syndrome. I can't unsee their seeing eyes.....

Also, rather curious if there is a lunatic+ mode in Fates cause hard is actually a decent challenge as is. Lunatic is probably going to be crazy. Can't really imagine what Luna+ would be if there is one(please no random amped up rng shenanigans like Awakening).

Also, everyone here probably already knew his personality months ago, but still got to say it. This guy's

demeanor and exclamations really remind me of this guy(despite being exact opposites in one critical area)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem had online multiplayer. Doesn't Fates online have a handicap system?
Yeah, I know they had multiplayer. I never played them, but I hear they aren't anything special. I also hear Shadow Dragon is doesn't have very good hack filters.

I think I did hear that Fates had a handicap system of some sort, but I can't remember how it worked. I don't have the game yet, though, so I can't check. I just know that there's a lot of skills that can break the game.

I imagine this game will be kind of like Codename S.T.E.A.M. for me where I play the online once or twice, enjoy it, but then never go back online again. FE already has a ton of replayability without the online, though, so I'm still not bothered at all.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I think I did hear that Fates had a handicap system of some sort, but I can't remember how it worked. I don't have the game yet, though, so I can't check. I just know that there's a lot of skills that can break the game.
One word... WARP

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hana and Kaze are my best units now... Especially since they both have full weapon triangle coverage.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Good Naga what happened to Old Hubba?!

It's the Brock syndrome. I can't unsee their seeing eyes.....

Also, rather curious if there is a lunatic+ mode in Fates cause hard is actually a decent challenge as is. Lunatic is probably going to be crazy. Can't really imagine what Luna+ would be if there is one(please no random amped up rng shenanigans like Awakening).
Fates doesn't have a Lunatic+ mode. And thank God it doesn't. Conquest on Hard mode is hard enough (last time hard mode gave me that much trouble was Binding Blade's). Lunatic+/Classic on Conquest would be impossible.

Yeah, I know they had multiplayer. I never played them, but I hear they aren't anything special. I also hear Shadow Dragon is doesn't have very good hack filters.

I imagine this game will be kind of like Codename S.T.E.A.M. for me where I play the online once or twice, enjoy it, but then never go back online again. FE already has a ton of replayability without the online, though, so I'm still not bothered at all.
I think the handicap limits stats or something. I think Fates multiplayer (and to an extent, the two DS FEs) have the best multiplayer in the series. The link arena in the GBA games were fine but there was barely any strategy. Double Duel in Awakening sucked. Fates does it right, even if it can get a little bit broken. You know how there are chess tournaments? Maybe we could see a Fates tournament in the future although that is unlikely.

One word... WARP
Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that until late April. Unless you run into a Japanese player.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I regret making Jakob a Lodestar. Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Speaking of Hard/Classic... I got Kaze killed again in Chapter 10. Incidentally, you immediately recruit Kagero at the end of that chapter... Yeah, bye Kaze. XD Really though, I don't feel that bad since he doesn't even die due to cutscene armor, you just can't use him again. His only real advantage over Saizo was Res, and I have other mage killers to fall back on.

I wouldn't have let this sort of thing slide back when I played PoR (I played the one chapter you get Tormod in over and over and over trying to keep his useless *** alive), but I'm not really bothered by it now.
if you made him a Dread Fighter he would destroy basically everything.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
So, I decided to start with a Birthright playthrough first, which I wasn't planning to do since I initially wasn't appealed to the main females on that side since...erm....you know...related to Corrin by blood. And that's...not my thing.
Then I found out about:
Adorable samurai that kicks ass and chews bubblegum....and she's ran out of the latter. How can you NOT go wrong? :p
Also helps that she's been a solid unit so far(for me, at least.).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think the handicap limits stats or something. I think Fates multiplayer (and to an extent, the two DS FEs) have the best multiplayer in the series. The link arena in the GBA games were fine but there was barely any strategy. Double Duel in Awakening sucked. Fates does it right, even if it can get a little bit broken. You know how there are chess tournaments? Maybe we could see a Fates tournament in the future although that is unlikely.
Being the best in the franchise isn't really saying much. No one plays FE for its multiplayer, and no one ever has.
I think they've got the right idea, but it'll take a lot more refinement before we ever see a serious competitive scene.

I mean, I've seen the idea of making a Smogon-ish rule set for it...but anyone who knows anything about competitive Pokemon knows that Smogon gets a really bad rep. It'll be hard to sell people on that.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Being the best in the franchise isn't really saying much. No one plays FE for its multiplayer, and no one ever has.
I think they've got the right idea, but it'll take a lot more refinement before we ever see a serious competitive scene.

I mean, I've seen the idea of making a Smogon-ish rule set for it...but anyone who knows anything about competitive Pokemon knows that Smogon gets a really bad rep. It'll be hard to sell people on that.
Yeah, if anything, FE multiplayer is just a fun way to kill time. Although making a ruleset and tier list will take a lot of work for FE. Actually, a tier list won't work. Every unit is viable when trained to the max. The one rule i do see though is banning the Witch class.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*watching videos of Fates gameplay* I love Ryoma's critical animation. I don't know why, but the whole front kick to downwards slash always seemed brutal to me. One my favorite moves to use with Mitsurugi in Soul Calibur. Also, for some reason, they gave Ike Link's Mortal Blow as one of his attacks... Y'know, if it had fire effects, at least it would look like Eruption and something he would do when it doesn't... Kind of expected Ike to jump up and slam his sword on you instead of jump up and plunge his sword on you. Also, Lucina and Marth sharing animations again... The stance Lucina takes is probably the stupidest thing I have ever seen. It's difficult to hold your sword and even more difficult with a freaking spear, you can't even stab with it, it restricts Lucina to blocking and probably dying if she ever got caught by a stabbing attack... Why? It doesn't even look cool; it looks stupid... Mitsurugi's Mist Stance would work better because it could actually function for stabbing from it without having to move your massive sword - seriously, Falchion is massive in Awakening and Fates -, not hurt yourself, and attack which would take a lot of precious time and probably leave Luci dead.

Wished Marth had a fencing stance or something where he points his sword at you instead of sharing Lucina's animations... Ironic, no? Marth is a Lucina clone in Awakening and Fates while Lucina is a Marth clone in Smash 4. Anyway, noticed they have a rapid stab attack... Kind of wished someone had that as their rapid jab since nobody has rapid stabs with their sword except for Link way back in Melee days. We do have a rapid stab with Sheik using her hands, though. Oh Million Stab... how I wished you were in Smash.

Yes, and it has a finisher too. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom