• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
#TeamGotKazeKilledInChapter4AndHadToResetAlready

That's what I get for going Hard/Classic lol. No way am I touching Hard mode when I get to Conquest. XD
You'll have to utilize keeping Kamui and Rinka in the frontline. Also if you're wanting to not have an awful time in Chapter 5 I heavily recommend getting Kaze/Rinka as much exp in this map as possible.

Edit: Nothing against Britts, it just feels like a complete 180 in comparison to the Joker I've been used to up until now.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm not waiting until next week to get the Special Edition. I've waited for this game for too long. So i canceled my SE pre-order and instead used the money i got back to buy Conquest+50 dollar Eshop card so i could buy Birthright and Revelation later. And i still have the keychains. In a way, I did end up getting the SE.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay, here's some of the pictures I mentioned. I'm not sure if I found all of them. I just looked these up on google images.
The character designer's name is Yusuke Kozaki, by the way.

See? Camilla and Charlotte already look a million times less silly.

This one is for you Leo fan girls out there. You know who you are.

Alright, fine, you Takumi fan girls can get some fan service to.

I didn't know lobsters got along with puppies.

What the heck is up with that cat's ears?

What's up with Arthur's face?

Hm, hadn't seen this one before. Hinoka's pretty cool though.

Haven't ever seen this one either. Oboro looks a heck of a lot different without that crazy ponytail of hers.

Seriously though, I think those outfits match the FE setting a lot better than anything the current art director has managed, and in a good way. Kozaki should be in charge of armor or classes as well next time.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Anybody know if SE is limited/pre-order only? Couldn't find it anywhere, so I'm wondering if it's a good idea to wait for restocks.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
You'll have to utilize keeping Kamui and Rinka in the frontline. Also if you're wanting to not have an awful time in Chapter 5 I heavily recommend getting Kaze/Rinka as much exp in this map as possible.

Edit: Nothing against Britts, it just feels like a complete 180 in comparison to the Joker I've been used to up until now.
Yeah, I did fine on my second try. My biggest mistake was following Ryoma north first instead of making a beeline to the four units in the center. If you melt the snow in the center ASAP, Ryoma will help you thin out the worst of the Faceless units so that no one else has to take all the damage. I didn't have any trouble with Chapter 5, just danced around the central statue and made the enemies come to me. I did get pretty lucky with Kaze's dodges though, would've been a lot harder if he'd taken an extra hit. I did grind Azura a few levels at the end of Chapter 5 since the boss is stationary, so that's a small leg up I guess. :b

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
That moment when your dad says he will buy you any game if you want.

That aside I'll probably wait a while before I get CONQUESTBOYZ and struggle on who's best girl, Flora or Beruka?
(groans of increasing discomfort intensify even further :bomb:)
At least I get Cloud and our boy Roy tomorrow... after taking my first SAT prep class as a sophomore
(groans of more increasing discomfort)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So how is everyone here enjoying Fates?
I still gotta wait until next week for my copy of Birthright to arrive in the mail.

Also, has anyone collected all of the Fire Emblem badges from the Badge Arcade? I'm working on that now.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So how is everyone here enjoying Fates?
I still gotta wait until next week for my copy of Birthright to arrive in the mail.

Also, has anyone collected all of the Fire Emblem badges from the Badge Arcade? I'm working on that now.
Couldn't find SE, trying to figure out if it's ever getting restocked. I honestly didn't think I would need to pre-order it. How foolish of me. :emptysheep:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm downloading Birthright for the discounted price. It only takes up 787 blocks. That's way smaller than i thought it would be.
Edit: It only took 5 minutes.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I just got Fates and I also got the 3 key-chains because I pre ordered!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't plan to get Conquest until after I finish Birthright but since I won't be expecting it until Thursday, I might as well buy Conquest at Best Buy and maybe start on it in the meantime.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm downloading Birthright for the discounted price. It only takes up 787 blocks. That's way smaller than i thought it would be.
Edit: It only took 5 minutes.
I'll bet it's because most of the content is already on the cartridge.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't plan to get Conquest until after I finish Birthright but since I won't be expecting it until Thursday, I might as well buy Conquest at Best Buy and maybe start on it in the meantime.
Don't buy 2 cartridges. Buy one version and get the other as dlc. It's half priced as dlc!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My Eshop card isn't working. And there are high call traffic at Nintendo Support. Am i not the only one with that problem?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't buy 2 cartridges. Buy one version and get the other as dlc. It's half priced as dlc!
Yeah, that's the only way to go, the way I see it.
Since they games reuse so much content, you're probably ripping yourself off if you don't buy the other version at a discounted price.

I'm only getting Conquest myself, but since my sister is getting Birthright, we'll share our cartridges with each other. I'm not sure if I'll end up getting Revelations or any of the DLC though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, that's the only way to go, the way I see it.
Since they games reuse so much content, you're probably ripping yourself off if you don't buy the other version at a discounted price.

I'm only getting Conquest myself, but since my sister is getting Birthright, we'll share our cartridges with each other. I'm not sure if I'll end up getting Revelations or any of the DLC though.
Plus if you buy the dlc you can actually choose sides during the chapter 6 part.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I have to say, the soundtrack is amazing so far. Really want to have the OST whenever that comes out. ♥

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fates is hard, even before the Branch of Fate. I'm having trouble on Ch.5. I'm playing on Hard mode but the last time Hard mode gave me this much trouble was in Binding Blade.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It's still not showing up, unfortunately.
Here's a re-post
If it still doesn't show up, then click here
On the official Fates website, there is a quiz. One of the questions is "what would you rather eat?" One of the options was Lobster.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Here's a re-post
On the official Fates website, there is a quiz. One of the questions is "what would you rather eat?" One of the options was Lobster.
Still dont appear because NINTENDO KNOWS!

(I blame Takumi for this)
Also people with conquest, test a thing for me, try to recruit Kana before you get azura (marrying Felicia/Jakob you should get in time, and remember my castle battles work to grind support)

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
#TeamGotKazeKilledInChapter4AndHadToResetAlready

That's what I get for going Hard/Classic lol. No way am I touching Hard mode when I get to Conquest. XD
I have Conquest....and it's on Hard/Classic. Had to reset on Chp. 5, needed to rethink my strategy on how to deal with the 2 dark mages and the double Wyrmslayer Mercenaries. Also, Ryoma won't go down on Chp 6. Him and Xander have gone over 9 rounds now and counting.

*Edit
Got Camillia killed on Chp.6 btw, so you are not alone in these early resets.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I have Conquest....and it's on Hard/Classic. Had to reset on Chp. 5, needed to rethink my strategy on how to deal with the 2 dark mages and the double Wyrmslayer Mercenaries. Also, Ryoma won't go down on Chp 6. Him and Xander have gone over 9 rounds now and counting.

*Edit
Got Camillia killed on Chp.6 btw, so you are not alone in these early resets.
I was able to defeat Ryoma in Ch.6 on Hard Mode.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's a re-post
Ah, I see.
NoA continues to be the masters of memes.

..Could be a coincidence, since seafood is culturally important to Japan (ya know, being a giant island and all), but I'd like to think it was intentional.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As much as I want to, I'd rather just get the physical copies of a game that the digital ones, which takes up too much space. Besides, I still have a $40 Walmart gift card that I got from work so I can just get Conquest pretty cheap.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As much as I want to, I'd rather just get the physical copies of a game that the digital ones, which takes up too much space. Besides, I still have a $40 Walmart gift card that I got from work so I can just get Conquest pretty cheap.
If you have just one cartridge, doesn't the second version take up significantly less blocks?

Oh well, suit yourself, I guess.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I was able to defeat Ryoma in Ch.6 on Hard Mode.
Yeah, think I just need to be more aggressive then passive. Also, I have to wait until Chapter 12 before I can get Soleil. Man I am impatient to hear her voice.

Also I just can't get over how well everything looks in this game though. They used more art and cinematic cut scenes than Awakening already, which is great but even the in game stuff looks pretty nice.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
If you get one physical version and then download the other versions at half the price, the downloads take up 787 blocks of space. That's slightly a little bit more than your average Virtual Console game.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
So I got my first child Ophelia right after chapter 11. I did Elise x Odin. Making Ophelia my main magic user as I now re classes my Odin into a samurai. I almost have Nina and I am
wiating to get Leo so kana and Sophie's chapters are easier

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Played the first 6 chapters, so I think i'll give a few first impressions.

I must say that the story of FE Fates is very good so far. I think the game did a fine job getting the player attached to their families at the beginning of the game (though overall, I feel they did a much better job getting the player invested in Hoshido than Nohr). This made me feel attached to both sides and feel like a traitor no matter what decision I made. Overall, this intro to the game was very well done and I have high hopes for the rest of the story from this point onwards.

The soundtrack of this game is also phenomenal. While I didn't hate awakening's soundtrack, I found many of the pieces to be extremely boring, generic, and unmemorable and felt it really didn't add anything to many of the scenes. The opposite is true for Fates; I feel many of the tunes add so much emotion to many of the scenes, while also being memorable, exciting, and unique.

Gameplay is also pretty engaging. Many of the changes from awakening make the game much more strategic and enjoyable. The new pairing up system is significantly better than awakening's, as the two new stances (attack and defense) significantly decrease the gap between paired up and unpaired up units and make both types of units excellent depending on the situation (although I would say unpaired units are better now since they cover more ground and are offensive powerhouses). The enemy being able to use these strategies also very important; it makes the player need to account more for situations before blindly sending out a unit (sending one unit vs two enemies that are close to each other is significantly more dangerous for example). The decision to remove weapon durability with this new system was a smart move overall, as it might have been too much for the player to micromanage that alongside the revamped pairing up system. Also, Map design is much better than awakening, at least in the first 6 chapters.

The Graphics of this game also look stellar for a 3ds game.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
So, to hop on the bandwagon, my copy came in.
.....Admittedly, I didn't think I'd laugh from Kaze/Rinka's C Support conversation like I did. I guess I'm easily entertained. :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dear Naga... I just noticed how much growth Corrin's U- and D- throws have... 198 for U-throw and 150 for D-throw. No wonder they can kill. O_O

Top Bottom